Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so nervous for this trial. I just don't know if we will get a guilty murder charge with no crime scene, no body. I definitely don't think that he will be sentenced to death, but that is just my opinion. Unless a body shows up sometime between now and then.

AGT seems like a coward, but I wonder if he is found guilty if he will exchange the information about where her body is for a lifting of the death penalty?

I am so nervous for this trial. I just don't know if we will get a guilty murder charge with no crime scene, no body. I definitely don't think that he will be sentenced to death, but that is just my opinion. Unless a body shows up sometime between now and then.

AGT seems like a coward, but I wonder if he is found guilty if he will exchange the information about where her body is for a lifting of the death penalty?

I am encouraged by all the delays. If AGT and his defense thought he would walk, they would be eager for the trial (IMO).

May I ask why you feel this way since there have been countless other missing body murder cases which have been successfully won? At the moment I cant remember one in recent years that ended in a NG.

I do believe they do have part of the crime scene since forensic evidence was found in his vehicle tying him to Sierra and they also have other forensic evidence that ties him to the murder. That is way more than many other Prosecutors have had and they still won their cases.

Imo, no longer is it necessary for the body to be located before the suspect is arrested and brought to trial. The DA will prove his case with an overwhelming amount of CE which will paint a clear picture to the jurors that AGT did indeed murder Sierra.

The DA is so assured he has solid evidence or he wouldn't have asked for the death penalty. I do believe if the jurors are convinced BARD that he did indeed murder Sierra they will give him the death penalty. This most assuredly should be a death penalty case because he targeted a young vulnerable girl. With him refusing to give up the location of Sierra's remains it will not set well with his jurors. It will show them how cruel of a man he truly is and how he wants Sierra's family to live with not knowing where he put her body.

I don't think he will ever give up the location just like most defendants don't ever do it who have been tried and convicted in missing body murder cases. Plus the DA has already made it very clear even if AGT did give up the location he would not remove the death penalty. So even if he wanted to make a plea the DA isn't going to do it.

@Oceanblueeyes what does BARD stand for

He is going to have to change his story at some point. His dna was found on her pants. Her hair was found on some rope inside his car trunk and the floor fiber was found on her pants also. Saying that he has nothing to do with her disappearance is not going to work imo. The only way I can see him escaping the murder charge is saying that he sold her to someone else, but then why take her clothes. Lets hope for a jury that has common sense.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/07/...tale-with-sierra-lamar-kidnap-murder-suspect/

Latest minute order

Attachments

• MinuteOrd012417.pdf
    397 KB · Views: 16
Sierra LaMar opening statements to start Jan. 30
Opening statements in the trial for Sierra LaMar’s suspected murderer are scheduled to start Monday, Jan. 30 at the Hall of Justice in San Jose.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_47352e70-e4e5-11e6-a152-47b43e59cff1.html

May justice be served.

So Torres will face four different charges at one trial, correct? Is this wise? Will he not come back with this on appeal?

Is this trial live, tweeted, or??

Thanks

Ms Josie, this trial is twitter only

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Probably not, since death penalty doesn't mean what it used to. In recent years it is less likely to be carried out even when it is imposed. I can't remember the last time California carried out an imposed death penalty even though they have inmates on Death Row who have exhausted all their appeals. (Though, I admit I may be ignorant on this subject given I don't live in a death penalty state.)

I think his lawyers are advising him to just stay mute until there is no other choice--which would likely be decades from now when is strapped in and they are ready to insert the needle.

It is the court’s observation, however, that
media and press coverage related to the Order to Show Cause (OSC) hearings at which
the sanctions are imposed increases juror response temporarily
RAS means reasonable articulable suspicion, sometimes called just reasonable suspicion.

Attachments

• MinuteOrd012717.pdf
    385.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MinuteOrd012417.pdf
    397 KB · Views: 3
So Torres will face four different charges at one trial, correct? Is this wise? Will he not come back with this on appeal?

Is this trial live, tweeted, or??

Thanks

Sure he may appeal but IMO it isn't going to go anywhere. There have been other defendants like him who have multiple charges during the same trial so this isn't uncommon. And those case were upheld by the higher courts.

I sure wish it would be a live trial but I imagine all we will get are tweets.

Finally the day will be here tomorrow!

Crossing every finger and toe I have for Miss Sierra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am saying a special prayer tonight for all of Sierra's family, friends, and all who love her who will always miss her tremendously.

Tomorrow, finally, Lady Justice will begin to rise, and make a stand for justice.

God bless all of them as they go forward tomorrow to obtain justice for Sierra! May God be with the DA as he lays out his case against AGT, and prayers for the jurors who will sit in judgment.

Gosh - I HATE :gaah: being 10 hours ahead of PST!!! I have 6 hours to wait.... :waiting:

Let there be Justice for Sierra!

:judge:

So emi you'll be tweeting?? Anyone here in the Bay Area actually go to the trial??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member