Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;VNvgZJXnh-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvgZJXnh-g[/video]
America's most wanted episode with Sierra and about her case

Thanks for posting the video clip Emi!! It really helps to see Sierra, her surroundings and her family.

:waiting:

JUSTICE FOR SIERRA

:judge:

:bump:

One more day....

:judge:

JUSTICE FOR SIERRA

Here's an article I got from my Google Alert:
http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Trial-in-Sierra-LaMar-disappearance-tests-10861214.php

“These are very much circumstantial cases where you’ll be pulling out many pieces of the picture and putting them together, but you’re not ever going to have all the pieces,” said Thomas “Tad” DiBiase, a former federal prosecutor who won a conviction in a “no-body” murder that happened in 2003 and later wrote a practical guide to trying such cases.
According to DiBiase, who keeps a database of hundreds of the cases going back to the 1800s, advancements in DNA technology and modern computing have allowed authorities to more frequently go to trial without bodies. The conviction rate at trial, he said, is nearly 90 percent.
[....]
With opening statements expected to begin Wednesday, Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney David Boyd is relying on DNA as he prepares to argue that Antolin Garcia-Torres killed Sierra after kidnapping her on March 16, 2012.
Authorities say she didn’t know Garcia-Torres, who lived about 7 miles from her. But DNA found on Sierra’s clothes belonged to Garcia-Torres, investigators said, while Sierra’s hair was found on rope in Garcia-Torres’ Volkswagen Jetta.

Hoping maybe someone in the Bay Area will be attending this??!! If so, please report EVERYTHING to us!! :D

If there are some tweeters - like Jen's Diaries - I'll post hers. :pcguru:

Anyone know "what" time court starts tomorrow?? 9am, 9:30am, 10am??? Want to be here on time!

I am hearing its 8:45am, there are some court docs which I will post today

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Katy this high profile cade will be twitter only and in local media will be covered
Also defense is apparently asking for continuance

Katy this high profile cade will be twitter only and in local media will be covered
Also defense is apparently asking for continuance

Of course they are.....:mad:

SIERRA LAMAR murder TRIAL: Opening statements are delayed until at least Jan. 30.

SIERRA LAMAR TRIAL: Jury being chosen today, even though opening will be delayed until at least Jan. 30.

SIERRA: Each side has 20 peremptories, plus six each for the six alternate juror spots.

Oh for crying out loud !

Attached are latest motions and minute orders posted to date on the court website

@Niner I will post all the tweets from the morning onwards

Attachments

• MinuteOrd011317.pdf
    363.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DefMtnToContinue01-12-17.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • MinuteOrd011117.pdf
    359.1 KB · Views: 2
I read the defense's motion to continue this morning, they asked to delay it until late Feb. so I guess the judge gave them a little but not all they asked for. Still, this is so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay