Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like more information on the hair---was it really not found until later on in the process?

Hey lady here we go against n [emoji2]When I heard that I went Rut Oh if the 1st picture sows no hair on the rope. And then somehow 50 some odd show up and 1 of those are consistent to Sierra's but nothing was said about and exact match. So I'm thinking no root on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 20m20 minutes ago
#AntolinGarciaTorres attorney questions deputy about potential for 'cross contamination' of evidence as jury see's Sierra's clothing

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 11m11 minutes ago
Defense lawyer hitting hard on possible cross contamination of evidence in #SierraLaMar case. Questioning Sgt. Randoll's evidence collection

VIDEO: What happened in Day 3 of Sierra LaMar trial

"...The jury in the case was hearing about the search for LaMar’s phone.

The deputy, who was the first witness, was asked about evidence gathering, citing the O.J. Simpson case as a model for many current protocols, according to Rob.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 1h1 hour ago
Sheriffs Deputy in #SierraLaMar case asked about evidence gathering. Cites #O. J. Simpson case as model for many current protocols

C3nHwNaVcAAhK4A.jpg

The deputy also testified about discovery and the handling of LaMar’s backpack after it was found in a cactus along a road in Morgan Hill. The deputy also explained there was a meticulous evidence procedure he followed after LaMar’s cellphone was found by search and rescue crews..."

http://kron4.com/2017/02/01/video-what-happened-in-day-3-of-sierra-lamar-trial/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1m1 minute ago
Sgt. Randoll says "staffing" prevented him from taking evidence to HQ for processing. So he took it to command post instead #SierraLaMar

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 3m3 minutes ago
Sgt. Randoll used "ecolab" wipes to sterilize "particle board" where he laid out the evidence from the backpack. #SierraLaMar

LE should have investigated Michael Hernandez links to AGT and Sierra LaMar. I remember in 2012 seeing Michael and Sierra photo it was on Social Media account of one of Sierras friends. Unless everybody believes this was random.

LE should have investigated Michael Hernandez links to AGT and Sierra LaMar. I remember in 2012 seeing Michael and Sierra photo it was on Social Media account of one of Sierras friends. Unless everybody believes this was random.

I cant speak for everyone of course but I do think he was cruising the streets for quite awhile looking for a vulnerable target. He may have even seen Sierra previously and knew she was alone at that time of the morning. I guess technically it would be considered random since he did not know his victim nor did she know him but she was the type of victim he was going to target.

I am not sure it was random even though LE said there is no connection between Sierra and the suspect. I do feel she was targeted to be specifically kidnapped because she was alone at the time with no one around to see or hear anything. He most likely would have targeted any young victim who he saw alone.

When the three other attempts to kidnap failed, I believe at that time he changed his strategy and MO and decided to look for a victim who was younger and in an area where the victim was alone. So, imo that is the type of victim he looked for and was going to target for his next kidnapping victim, and it happened to be Sierra.:(

How do we know they didn't?

I have nothing that points to this so it's just a theory I've had since the arrest. I think AGT had seen Sierra at least once but more likely more than once, at or going to her bus stop. I think that even though he didn't know her, he knew her habits and he actually went out to get her that morning. Maybe he tried other times and either she wasn't there or someone else was in the area at the time, or maybe not, but on that fateful day in March 2012, everything worked according to plan.

Hey lady here we go against n [emoji2]When I heard that I went Rut Oh if the 1st picture sows no hair on the rope. And then somehow 50 some odd show up and 1 of those are consistent to Sierra's but nothing was said about and exact match. So I'm thinking no root on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In all the trials I have kept up with it seems to be the standard terminology used by expert. Consistent with, I mean.

However I do believe they will be able to prove it was Sierra's hair by comparing items they may have taken that belonged to her and had her DNA profile in it. They may have been able to find her own hair from her hairbrush to compare the hair found in his trunk. Hair evidence is really interesting because when the expert puts the hair found up on the big elmo and then has another hair belonging to the victim it is easy for the jurors to see how they match up.

How do we know they didn't?

Maybe they did, I don't think they could rule out no connection between Sierra and the suspect if they did but that just my opinion.

If I recall correctly there was a photo of Sierra and Michael Hernandez smoking marijuana. Michael Hernandez a know drug dealer was related to somebody who was an associate of AGT. That is not exactly red herring but I did contact LE several times over the past few years with this information.

OBE, I think the issue being raised by the defense is the hair was not there at first, then months later it was. I think they will insinuate, if not say outright, that the hair was planted.

I believe there has been no mishandling of hair evidence but fortunately there is a mountain of other DNA evidence that links Sierra to her killer.

I wonder if the things are all damp because of the jeans being soaked with urine, or if this is indicative of water being involved? Even if she had a really full bladder, it seems unlikely the jeans could have soaked everything in her bag. Then again, I'm not an expert on how urine-soaked jeans impact the dampness of other garments in a bag 🤔

IIRC, it had been lightly raining either the morning of the abduction or that afternoon. I remember, because we had wondered if that would affect the search dogs that tried to sniff out her trail.

Maybe they did, I don't think they could rule out no connection between Sierra and the suspect if they did but that just my opinion.

If I recall correctly there was a photo of Sierra and Michael Hernandez smoking marijuana. Michael Hernandez a know drug dealer was related to somebody who was an associate of AGT. That is not exactly red herring but I did contact LE several times over the past few years with this information.

LE investigating kept mum on a lot of details. It is possible MH was investigated, interviewed, and pointed LE toward AGT. We don't how they happened upon him as a suspect--did they wait until lab results came back that got a hit on AGT or did they use lab results to confirm AGT was the perp?

We just don't know all that the investigation entailed.

OBE, I think the issue being raised by the defense is the hair was not there at first, then months later it was. I think they will insinuate, if not say outright, that the hair was planted.

I believe there has been no mishandling of hair evidence but fortunately there is a mountain of other DNA evidence that links Sierra to her killer.

I think you are correct that they are insinuating that the hair was planted. But then you still have the issue of why would they have picked AGT to pin the crime on. How would they know that he didn't have an alibi? Or maybe discovering her body and another suspect. Too much of a coincidence IMO.

LE investigating kept mum on a lot of details. It is possible MH was investigated, interviewed, and pointed LE toward AGT. We don't how they happened upon him as a suspect--did they wait until lab results came back that got a hit on AGT or did they use lab results to confirm AGT was the perp?

We just don't know all that the investigation entailed.

I was always under the impression that they found her belongings and ran the dna from her pants or hand bag and it came up with some matches in the database. One was AGT.

I am from the area too, and 100% believe he killed Sierra. I have been convinced about that since I found out about this case
In the Bay Area, too, and followed since Day One, here and local news. FGS, all her clothing was found!!
Good to see you, JDB and Emi, and everyone else who followed. Almost 5 years!

Question - I read in the last court document online that the defendant's lawyer is asking for records from an LMFT who saw Sierra and her family. How in the $&#%€! can these records be requested? Nothing is more personal and confidential.

Gawd, I despise the defendant... cannot even look at a picture of him and I turn the TV channel when video is shown. He needs that smug look wiped off his face. And her poor parents... victimized again in the most brutal way. I can barely read the evidence and what Sierra went through.

I have nothing that points to this so it's just a theory I've had since the arrest. I think AGT had seen Sierra at least once but more likely more than once, at or going to her bus stop. I think that even though he didn't know her, he knew her habits and he actually went out to get her that morning. Maybe he tried other times and either she wasn't there or someone else was in the area at the time, or maybe not, but on that fateful day in March 2012, everything worked according to plan.

I think so too, because of the tweets she made

"LOOOOOL only *advertiser censored* yell **** from cars, do you feel lucky your protected by a STEEL ****ING CAR -_____- gotta be kidding me
4:08 PM - 23 Feb 2012"

"AGAIN WITH THE CAR ****. *advertiser censored* drive away."
7:32 AM - 25 Feb 2012

To me those times look like when she would between the bus stop and home. He may have friends that know he was stalking her.

I cant speak for everyone of course but I do think he was cruising the streets for quite awhile looking for a vulnerable target. He may have even seen Sierra previously and knew she was alone at that time of the morning. I guess technically it would be considered random since he did not know his victim nor did she know him but she was the type of victim he was going to target.

I am not sure it was random even though LE said there is no connection between Sierra and the suspect. I do feel she was targeted to be specifically kidnapped because she was alone at the time with no one around to see or hear anything. He most likely would have targeted any young victim who he saw alone.

When the three other attempts to kidnap failed, I believe at that time he changed his strategy and MO and decided to look for a victim who was younger and in an area where the victim was alone. So, imo that is the type of victim he looked for and was going to target for his next kidnapping victim, and it happened to be Sierra.:(

It has been five years, but I remember talk of AGT car driving by the bus stop on a different occasion. Other kids were there. I can't remember if it was an interview by the other people at the bus stop or something Sierra texted or told a friend. It would have been in the early days of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo