Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lopez trying to pin Moore down to it being WET food she saw at shed. Def had DRY food in car. Her friend also fed cats. #SierraLaMar

Moore said in past it was wet food. #SierraLaMar

On re-direct, Moore told grand jury - cat food was either wet cat food or dry & smeared on plate ( i.e. rained-upon dry food) #SierraLaMar

Moore never saw Garcia-Torres near any feeding site. There was another site closer to #SierraLaMar's house.

New witness: Brian McGovern, says he is a tree surgeon/arborist. Was 80 ft up in tree an hour ago. #SierraLaMar

Great question MK_MMJ. Let's suppose that he didn't know that he was under investigation when the tracking device was placed. Now I take good care of my car and have only once looked at the undercarriage of my car once in 7 years (assuming that the tracking device was hidden under the frame or under a wheel well). Would he have looked under his car? Or did the device fall off.

Now if he was under suspicion at the time the tracking device was placed did he feel the need to check for the device or did it fall off? You are correct that everyone reacts differently tho.

According to a few online articles AGT was identified as a suspect on March 28th 2012 after which 24-hour surveillance began on him. So probably wouldn't have known he was under investigation officially but perhaps he saw the news about the Red Jetta and decided to check his car or it might have just fallen off.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
Schedule was mon-thurs. Def not working w/ him on the Friday #SierraLaMar disappeared.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
McGovern dressed casually, in white thermal/work clothes; ergo, mention of being up in tree. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
McGovern: Ropes are used on the job. He gave Def white rope found in def's trunk. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
DA shows McGovern rubbery-looking gloves found in trunk, McGovern says he gave him gloves like that for work. #SierraLaMar
But he did not give him the brown rope found in trunk. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
"I gave him the rope to practice knots," McGovern says. #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Wooly-looking gloves (ie cloth gloves) also same kind McGovern used, may have provided them to Def. #SierraLaMar

To be clear: 2 pairs of gloves were found in trunk. 1 is neoprene; other is cloth. #SierraLaMar hair on 1 rope; her hair had her DNA.

According to a few online articles AGT was identified as a suspect on March 28th 2012 after which 24-hour surveillance began on him. So probably wouldn't have known he was under investigation officially but perhaps he saw the news about the Red Jetta and decided to check his car or it might have just fallen off.

http://www.marinij.com/article/ZZ/20160211/NEWS/160219016

According to this article AGT and his mom found the tracking devices....

Smith said from March 28 on, Garcia Torres was under 24-hour surveillance, hoping they would find Sierra.

"He may have believed he was under surveillance," Smith said. "We talked to him multiple times.''

In fact, Laura Torres, Garcia Torres' mother, confirmed that she and her son were aware that they were being watched starting about two months ago. She said GPS devices were found under both of their cars.

Garcia Torres called her overnight after his arrest. "He said 'Mom, be strong. I need you strong' " to help take care of his wife and child.

After investigators took his Jetta, Torres said she asked her son if he had anything to do with the case. "He said 'I've never seen that lady, I've never made contact with her.' "

Smith said she believes this was a stranger abduction, the "worst type of crime."

The jetta news came out way later than 2 weeks if I recall correctly. He must have realised he was being watched to find the GPS so quickly.

I had not heard of his skiing trip. I always thought he stashed the belongings because he wanted a trophy but he lived in cramped quarters so needed a place to visit them privately. Maybe the plan was just to hide them until the trip, to dispose of them much further away, but they were found too soon. Would have been risky business moving Sierra while the search was on.

McGovern: Def began working for him in late July or early August, through part of May. #SierraLaMar
Lopez to McGovern: did u become close to Def? As close as u can be with boss/employee. #SierraLaMar
On cross by Al Lopez, McGovern IDs the BROWN rope as one he gave defendant. #SierraLaMar

The jetta news came out way later than 2 weeks if I recall correctly. He must have realised he was being watched to find the GPS so quickly.

I had not heard of his skiing trip. I always thought he stashed the belongings because he wanted a trophy but he lived in cramped quarters so needed a place to visit them privately. Maybe the plan was just to hide them until the trip, to dispose of them much further away, but they were found too soon. Would have been risky business moving Sierra while the search was on.

Yeah you are right are about the Red Jetta LE asked the public for information about it on May 7 2012. Obviously they knew about it long before then. I think they were looking for witnesses to link it to the scene of the crime.

Lopez to McGovern: did u become close to Def? As close as u can be with boss/employee. #SierraLaMar

Lopez 2McGovern:did Def act weird in March? No. DA: I take it u don't have experience w how person who kidnaped someone wd act?#SierraLaMar

Just trying to catch up on this case. I'm sure this has been answered abundantly but there's a lot of threads to read!
So just a quick question: Did he possibly commit other crimes between his 3 attacks in 2009 and then beautiful Sierra's murder in 2012?
I just don't think he was staying out of trouble during that time. Y'all may have the answer I'm looking for.
This is a horrible case and heartbreaking! I do think they will find him guilty because what I have read so far is obvious he is the killer. Praying for justice!

Just trying to catch up on this case. I'm sure this has been answered abundantly but there's a lot of threads to read!
So just a quick question: Did he possibly commit other crimes between his 3 attacks in 2009 and then beautiful Sierra's murder in 2012?
I just don't think he was staying out of trouble during that time. Y'all may have the answer I'm looking for.
This is a horrible case and heartbreaking! I do think they will find him guilty because what I have read so far is obvious he is the killer. Praying for justice!

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_0d118cc5-1270-5f76-a115-db3e0d23ec03.html

As far as arrests according to the above article he was arrested for : obstructing an officer, felony battery having sex with a minor and the ones that he is currently on trial. I'm not clear on the dates of these arrests.

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_0d118cc5-1270-5f76-a115-db3e0d23ec03.html

As far as arrests according to the above article he was arrested for : obstructing an officer, felony battery having sex with a minor and the ones that he is currently on trial. I'm not clear on the dates of these arrests.
Thank you so much for your response!
I've been looking at missing females in the surrounding counties and found a few that look like a good possibility.
Like this young lady for example. The county above Sierra's.
Samantha Gonzales Alameda County, California 23 year old white female April 27, 2012 and that date makes me wonder even more.... and made my blood run cold. Could this have been during the time he removed the GPS?

​​​​
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 2m2 minutes ago
Det. Sgt. Sanford Fisher of Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office going over evidence filing protocol #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 4m4 minutes ago
At San Jose Hall of Justice for #SierraLaMar trial. Continued questioning of Sgt. Fisher
Going over items in trunk of murder suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres' car: Gloves, paintball gun, belt, fold up tent, fold up chair, marbles...
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
#SierraLaMar jury being shown endless stream of photos & treated to such info as it was 11:56 when Sgt. removed x item from trunk.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
Items in his trunk include tent, bows & arrows, paint ball gun, bag of marbles, ropes, gloves #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 9m9 minutes ago
Det. Sgt. Sanford Fisher testifying abt foundational stuff, including what was in def's trunk. #SierraLaMar
But there is a dispute over whether rope had any hairs on it at all when retrieved from trunk. #SierraLaMar
But Def has insinuated hair w her DNA cd have been planted, a la OJ Simpson case. #SierraLaMar
DA has said u can't see hair including #SierraLaMar strand cuz of way photo taken.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 34s34 seconds ago
Sgt. says he was never at #SierraLaMar house. DA asks abt that to address cross-contamination allegation by defense.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 10m10 minutes ago
Sgt. testifying re where he put fingerprint powder in Antolin Garcia-Torres' car. #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 5m5 minutes ago
Brand new brushes, brand new powder used for dusting finger prints on suspect Garcia-Torres' car on April 10, 2012 #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 9m9 minutes ago
Sgt. Fisher said investigators got fingerprints from suspect car front bumper, area near hood, window frame, window on passenger side
Now defense attorney Al Lopez going over evidence collection process, particularly the importance of using butcher paper as clean surface
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 6m6 minutes ago
Lopez: not using butcher paper could contaminate the evidence. Sgt. Fisher: "It could." #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 7m7 minutes ago
Sgt Fisher says investigators pulled items from trunk and placed them on clean butcher paper placed fyi #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 3m3 minutes ago
Sgt Fisher said DNA samples taken from trunk and passenger area in suspect car, fingerprint dusting was last thing performed, did after
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
Lopez gets into evidence on cross that there was child car seat in car, even a dirty diaper, humanizes defendant. SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 10m10 minutes ago
Sgt testifies it appeared trunk & car had not been cleaned recently. His point is if he did it, he might Scoured car. #SierraLaMar
Jenna Lyons ‏@JennaJourno 11m11 minutes ago
Investigators dusted suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres' car for fingerprints last to mininimze cross contamination, Sgt Fisher says #SierraLaMar

It's possible he's trying to show there was NO contamination, therefore photo that does not show any hair is accurate. #SierraLaMar
Lopez focusing on white rope, where #SierraLaMar hair apparently found. His strategy is becoming clearer.
DA has said no hairs showed, possibly cuz of low resolution of photo or lighting, other possibilities. #SierraLaMar
In his opening, Lopez raised the question of how the heck 58 strands of hair got on the rope. #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 24m24 minutes ago
Sgt on re-direct says photo of rope not intended to show trace evidence like hair or else it wd have been a close-up shot. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 28m28 minutes ago
DA has said turkey baster along w bleach he also bought were to kill DNA etc on #SierraLaMar's body.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 30m30 minutes ago
Lopez has Sgt ID a marijuana pipe in Garcia-Torres' car. Def has said turkey baster was used to extract THC from pot. #SierraLaMar
But on re-direct, DA pointedly asks, what is width of human hair? Ten answers his own question: 80 microns. #SierraLaMar
On re-cross, Sgt. says both sides of rope are featured in the 2 rope photos. Def driving home that no hair on either photo. #SierraLaMar
Court is in lunch recess. #SierraLaMar
DA also asks if depth of field wd affect what can be seen in rope photos. #SierraLaMar

The rope and note are both decent holes in this case (although I totally believe the note was a prank), but I have no possible explanation for the rope. So sloppy. That right there is some solid reasonable doubt.

The homeless man was schizophrenic, collected cans. He didn't even know what day it was. Zecher exemplified fairness that day. #SierraLaMar
Judge Zecher once stood up to a now-retired female DA who was bullying a homeless misdemeanant for $25 a month restitution. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m
By same token, she baked for the jurors! A softie or steely, or both? One thing is clear: she's smart as a whip. #SierraLaMar
Judge Zecher runs a tight ship! doesn't let either side gripe or over-explain. Cringe-worthy stuff but moves pokey trial along #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
Outside presence of jury, Judge Zecher weighs DA request to play additional portion of April 7, 2012, cop interview w Def. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
Fisher says he didn't seal def's Jetta overnight. (CSI work took 2 days) But he believes he locked evidence room. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 11m11 minutes ago
Lawyers in #SierraLaMar finishing up w Sgt Sanford Fisher.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 13m13 minutes ago
She relieved homeless man of that impossible ( for him) obligation. Not paying it kept him on unmonitored probation for years. #SierraLaMar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac