Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice253 - I've seen you on this thread - so -

:bdsong:

:confetti:

:cake4u:

:party:

Hope you had a GREAT day!!
Awww, thank you Niner! I read a lot but I don't post a lot anywhere cause I have a cataract that I have to get taken care of and it's hard to see my keyboard on my phone. LOL. I keep up with you though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I agree with most of you on this thread! I think AGT is guilty, but the shoddy evidence collection scares me. That is not good for Sierra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why isn't anyone commenting on the lies Francine is making on the stand

Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 4m4 minutes ago
Francine Sarmiento, the mother of defendant's two children, is back on the stand this morning #SierraLaMar
Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 2m2 minutes ago
Short week in court this week: ending at 3:30pm today, off Wednesday and Thursday afternoons due to judge scheduling conflicts #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 17s17 seconds ago
Her police interview was recorded. DA says she told police Def wasn't w her the morning #SierraLaMar vanished.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
"I don't remember," ad infinitum from ex-gf of #SierraLaMar defendant Antolin Garcia-Torres.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
def's ex-gf bears an uncanny resemblance at first glance to #SierraLaMar - dark long hair, petite build, clear skin.
Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 4m4 minutes ago
Sarmiento says she doesn't remember whether she was with defendant Garcia-Torres the morning #SierraLaMar disappeared. Defense calls sidebar
tracey kaplan‏@tkaplanreport 17s18 seconds ago
Ex-gf recalls doing laundry at mom's, he dropped her off there that morning. But told grand jury she didn't remember If w him #SierraLaMar
Sarmiento repeatedly denies remembering almost anything about her testimony to law enforcement, grand jury in 2012 and 2014 #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplanVerified account ‏@tkaplanreport 59s60 seconds ago
#SierraLaMar DA David Boyd emphasizes that she told cops repeatedly he wasn't w her. She didn't provide him w/ an alibi til now.

...and then in a square & half-rolled them up. #SierraLaMar Now says he never did laundry or fold clothes.
Sarmiento contradicts herself on important detail, how #SierraLaMar Def folds his clothes. Tod grand jury he folded pants in half...
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 9m9 minutes ago
It's not a great alibi, but creates some possible doubt. Unclear how much weight any jurors will give to it, though. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
DA: Did u make that up? I must have." This matters cuz #SierraLaMar clothes found faded up in her bag I field.
Folded up in bag. #SierraLaMar
Lopez stumbles on cross: ex-gf says "WE" wd buy detergent & bleach. But then says she never used bleach in wash, nor did he. #SierraLaMar
Bleach matters cuz DA alleges he purchased bleach & turkey baster, supposedly to get rid of DNA. #SierraLaMar

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
On recross by Lopez, she says he wd not pick up stuff for the household for her. #SierraLaMar ex
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 8m8 minutes ago
On redirect by DA, #SierraLaMar ex says he & she wd buy bleach/ detergent together, not him alone, as happened.
Whole idea here is to provide innocent explanation 4 baster, bleach. #SierraLaMar
She remembers him smoking pot. Reason it matters? Because Lopez says Def used turkey baster 2 extract THC. #SierraLaMar
Now Lopez tries to get her to say def used marijuana wax (somewhat similar to hash oil). NO, she says. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
...that day because u had to work? #SierraLaMar ex: I don't remember that.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar Def picked her up at work at Chipotle abt 8 pm day after disappearance. Lopez: do u recall R. Garcia-Torres doing laundry ...
#SierraLaMar'S ex says she, him, 2 friends had been planning to go on snowboarding trip that weekend.

On recross by Lopez, she says he wd not pick up stuff for the household for her. #SierraLaMar ex
On redirect by DA, #SierraLaMar ex says he & she wd buy bleach/ detergent together, not him alone, as happened.
Whole idea here is to provide innocent explanation 4 baster, bleach. #SierraLaMar
She remembers him smoking pot. Reason it matters? Because Lopez says Def used turkey baster 2 extract THC. #SierraLaMar
Now Lopez tries to get her to say def used marijuana wax (somewhat similar to hash oil). NO, she says. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 4m4 minutes ago
...that day because u had to work? #SierraLaMar ex: I don't remember that.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar Def picked her up at work at Chipotle abt 8 pm day after disappearance. Lopez: do u recall R. Garcia-Torres doing laundry ...
#SierraLaMar'S ex says she, him, 2 friends had been planning to go on snowboarding trip that weekend.

Sure sounds like she was trying to cover up for him. I just hope that the jury feels the same way.

Last Thursday she lied twice on the stand

Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 49s50 seconds ago
Prosecutor calls up next witness, @SCCoSheriff Sgt. Mark Carrasco, questions about 2012 interviews with Sarmiento
Sgt: #SierraLaMar'S ex in 2 separate interviews never said def was with her doing laundry at mom's house.
#SierraLaMar gf and mom of their 2 kids is done testifying. DA recalls Sgt Marc Carrasco re his interviews w ex.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 48s49 seconds ago
Sgt. says she told deputies he was w her. But video at RV park shows he left early in morning. #SierraLaMar
Sgt and fellow deputy asked #SierraLaMar'S gf n April 7, 2012 if she knew where he was at 7-8 am. On 3/16. NO. We were sleeping.
Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 1m1 minute ago
Sgt. Herman Leon called to the witness stand #SierraLaMar
Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 3m3 minutes ago
Prosecutor recalls witness Eduardo Quintana, who served a grand jury subpoena to Sarmiento on May 21, 2012 #SierraLaMar
Leon was assigned to investigate #SierraLaMar case on March 18, 2012 with Carrasco
Allison Levitsky ‏@levitskyyy 34s35 seconds ago
Prosecutor asks Leon about intense national media coverage of #SierraLaMar disappearance, including locations of evidence collection
Leon says a colleague vacationing in Hawaii even saw coverage of the #SierraLaMar case there
#SierraLaMar DA -- Sgt. Herman Leon testifies says he & partner interviewed Def in April. Lots of media coverage abt case at the time.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 54s54 seconds ago
Unclear what DA driving at, but it may be that Def was keenly aware #SierraLaMar coverage b4 he was interviewed.
Leon says #SierraLaMar disappearance remained "front-page news" for months
Leon describes how he identified Garcia-Torres as a suspect in 2009 Safeway attacks, defense interrupts to ask for sidebar #SierraLaMar

when she lies like this, changing testimony from years ago, it makes them question everything she says...

when she lies like this, changing testimony from years ago, it makes them question everything she says...
Agree with you, its making me question her testimony

Why don't we discuss this here

I don't get it. Her new testimony doesn't match with her original interview or with his own admission (fishing) that he wasn't there with her. In addition the video of him leaving and not coming back until much later doesn't match. How does she think she that this even makes sense?

Agree with you, its making me question her testimony

Why don't we discuss this here

It could have been much worse. She could have very easily said that he often bought her laundry supplies for her. But she said NO, right?

And she could have said he smoked wax [THC] ---but she said NO to that too.

Leon remembered 2009 Safeway attacks after investigation into #SierraLaMar revealed Def worked at Safeway then.
Morgan hill cops had not found def's fingerprint on stun gun battery used in 1 of attacks til after Leon linked attacks 2 #SierraLaMar case
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 9m9 minutes ago
Sgt Herman Leon is the hero deputy who recalled 2009 Safeway attacks in Morgan Hill while investigating #SierraLaMar case. Leon lived in MH.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 12m12 minutes ago
Now it's getting interesting: Sgt Leon talking abt 2009 Safeway attacks Def is now charged with. #SierraLaMar
...the stun gun, Def might not have become a suspect. But after he was arrested in 2010 for fighting w a relative...#SierraLaMar...+
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes agoMy understanding is def's fingerprint not on file in 2009. So even if crime lab Bk in 2009 had analyzed ... #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 10s10 seconds ago
Leon says def's trailer was abt 7 miles from #SierraLaMar bus stop.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
None of that has come out yet in trial. It's my own analysis based on reading voluminous #SierraLaMar pretrial motions/verbal argument.
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar recesses for lunch. Resumes at 1:15 pm
By the way, hero Leon has 29 years on the job. Older employees matter! #SierraLaMar

The emotional trial of the man accused of killing Sierra LaMar continues. We are lucky to have with us on this episode Mr. Marc Klaas of the KlaasKids Foundation.

Marc knows all too well what it's like to watch the killer of your child stand trial. He will report to us the latest from the courtroom.

First up we welcome Erin Udell a reporter with the Coloradoan newspaper.

Erin has taken it upon herself to light the fire under some very old cold cases in Colorado and start discussions on Websleuths. Erin joins us to discuss these compelling cold cases and how Websleuths members can help solve them.

SO MUCH MORE. You never know what will happen on Websleuths Radio. Things can get crazy at times but we always come back to true crime. Wow. Now that's some corny poetry.

The content of the show will be much better than my poetry. Promise.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE 8:00 PM EASTERN TUESDAY NIGHT

Call in (713) 955-0606

Tricia Griffith

Host of Websleuths Radio/Owner/Websleuths.com

tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 6m6 minutes ago
Back in court 4 #SierraLaMar trial, afternoon Tues. Feb. 21. DA abt to play a few recordings.
#SierraLaMar - DA to play 10 audio segments from April 4, 2012, interview w def Antolin Garcia-Torres
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
Sheriff's deputies were following #SierraLaMar suspect (at the time, now defendant)
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar cops r allowed to use ruses/ lie to suspects to a certain extent. Def said something abt being followed. Deputy says, u r?
In interview, #SierraLaMar Def says he took GPS tracker off his car, knows he is being followed. Cops act surprised, will look into it.
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 7m7 minutes ago
Def says 1st time I seen #SierraLaMar I think was on the news (4/4/12 interview)
tracey kaplanVerified account‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
#SierraLaMar Def told deputies he threw GPS tracker in creek. "I was like, f---, u can't get a signal there."
2nd interview of #SierraLaMar Def began 4/7/12 on Monterey Hwy, then went to substation

#SierraLaMar Def tells deputies he likes stopping & feeding feral cats. Earlier in trial, 2 sites near Her house ID'd

#SierraLaMar Def tells deputies he likes stopping & feeding feral cats. Earlier in trial, 2 sites near Her house ID'd

Thank you so much for keeping us updated with the Twitter feeds.

You mentioned something to me in a DM on Facebook about AGT's girlfriend Francine lying on the stand.

Can you please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members