Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut is telling me that sierra ran away and at the present time is
Okay.. She'll probably be discovered in 2 weeks, in another state
Most likely living with an older guy, jmo

I would love for your gut to be right and mine to be wrong!

I think its a very important detail if the scent ended at the foot of the driveway or at the end of the driveway by the street actually. I keep thinking about them tossing her cell phone, then her bag as they drove along. She could have been abducted, then as the attack began, out goes the cell, next goes the bag. I would think the perp would want to remove all except the victim in his car from the start especially if he had planned this carefully. I however cannot help but think she could be alive and being held captive somewhere, I know this is rare, but it does happen.

SierraLamar2_t615.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/....jpg?9d74a679772b302cd354e1e6e54b2855e904d640

LE should probably address all of these carious reports coming out about attempted abductions...people will start thinking they are covering them up, IMO...

I co- worker of mine has daughters in cheer at another school. He told me today when he made the remark about the clothes they both looked at him like he was crazy. They told them Dad we do the same thing we always keep a set of spare clothing in our back pack all the time. Just easier to change into after cheer practice.

Her scent ending at the end of the driveway was a detail I was having trouble with, because if she was offered a ride by a neighbor I find it odd that they caught her right in front of her house - that would make them look suspicious. I would think they would come along as she was walking passed them or their house.

If she was abducted by force, I really think she would have fought to the point that there would have been blood or some type of forensic evidence and probably to the point that the neighbors or their yard workers would hear. I don't see her just getting into the car without a good fight and if she was fighting I don't think her scent would end abruptly.

But if she was stunned while coming down her driveway (it's long so plenty of opportunity for that especially with the field for hiding) and then drug right into a car it makes sense to me.

The other girl was lucky that he didn't use enough power so that she could still fight him. This guy has proven to be bold so I don't think he'd have any problem coming into Sierra's col de sac.

And the tinted windows on the car... I still don't know what to think about the clothes, but some mentioned it being crazy driving around with a naked teenager, well if his windows were illegally tinted no one would see inside anyway.

You are correct Portabella, where her scent trail ended is a critical part of this case. There are a couple of different scenarios ... Was this prearranged with someone she knew? The car pulled up, she got in and off they went? Was there a vehicle parked at the end of the driveway, someone got out and asked her a question and grabbed her?

I think we can rule out someone coming inside the home and removing her. No sign of a struggle, front door was locked. Also who would stop to grab her purse and cell phone.

Clearly, none of the neighbors saw or heard a thing. I pointed out yesterday, the only house that faces towards her home, is the one on the opposite side of the street next to the vacant lot. Big parcels and there are only 8 homes (IIRC) on the whole cul de sac.

I'm not hung up on the cell phone/bag being tossed on the way out of the cul de sac. This could have happened much later in the day, perhaps even that night after dark.

So many possibilities ...

I wonder also, at what point of her walk to the bus stop the neighbour normally sees her. Who leaves first Sierra or the neighbour? It would seem that as the neighbours driving that she would leave after Sierra but probably by only a few minutes. If someone was stalking Sierra and knew the neighbours movements then they would know that the neighbour was leaving soon which would give them a very small window of opportunity to get out of the street before anyone saw them

Far as I know, the neighbor never mentioned that she was driving.I got the distinct impression that she said she would see Sierra as Sierra walked by her (the neighbor's ) house...MOO

I co- worker of mine has daughters in cheer at another school. He told me today when he made the remark about the clothes they both looked at him like he was crazy. They told them Dad we do the same thing we always keep a set of spare clothing in our back pack all the time. Just easier to change into after cheer practice.

But she wasn't cheering at this HS right? Or are you just pointing out that a change of clothes is not unusual for a teen to have in her bag? Thinking of my own daughter, she would only have extra clothes with her if there was a plan to do something and she knew about it in advance.

What is everyone's ideas on Sierras
Shoes??

If the perp wanted her to discard her clothes
So she couldn't be distinguished later on as they made off, why wouldn't be he/she tell her to get rid of her shoes as well?
If the perp harmed her (God forbid that please) or had intentions of harming her and didn't want his DNA on her clothes, and he thought ahead to dispose of them, wouldn't her shoes have crossed his mind and that they could hold DNA as well?

So why get rid of the clothes she was wearing but not her shoes?
and it seems to be that the perp didn't take the clothes off of Sierra since they held no evidence.
In my mind, it seems to lead to Sierra willingfully running away..ditch the clothes she could be spotted in, and being in the rush she was didn't think much of her shoes.

What also leads to me to believe she ran away is all the things she left or did before she went to missing. To me these all seem to be carefully orchestrated days before so no one would think she ran away (trust me, I ran away once before too and left a lot of things behind to make it seem like I had future plans when I didn't)
-she happened to take a pic that morning, slightly showing what she was wearing. She them ditches the clothes so police have no idea as to what she could be wearing now.
-discusses her paper SO many times!! It's so obviously blatant how excited she is for the future of her paper. On twitter and to her family
-she just happens to make future plans the night before?
-she just happens to make a tweet about a boy disappearing the day before?
-she just happens to post the last thing to her tumblr as being lost and wanting to be found?

Jmo, but being 14 and running away once and trickingEVERYONE for days, I seriously think she's on the run. I even got a ride from my own neighbour to my next ride and they had no idea I was running away!) The investigators must feel this way a bit as well since they havent officially said she's
Abducted.
We all can see she's savvy and clever and bright. It's possible. Imho

You are correct Portabella, where her scent trail ended is a critical part of this case. There are a couple of different scenarios ... Was this prearranged with someone she knew? The car pulled up, she got in and off they went? Was there a vehicle parked at the end of the driveway, someone got out and asked her a question and grabbed her?

I think we can rule out someone coming inside the home and removing her. No sign of a struggle, front door was locked. Also who would stop to grab her purse and cell phone.

Clearly, none of the neighbors saw or heard a thing. I pointed out yesterday, the only house that faces towards her home, is the one on the opposite side of the street next to the vacant lot. Big parcels and there are only 8 homes (IIRC) on the whole cul de sac.

I'm not hung up on the cell phone/bag being tossed on the way out of the cul de sac. This could have happened much later in the day, perhaps even that night after dark.

So many possibilities ...

So many possibilities. But I think Occam likes this one.

WRT the clothing. What about shoes. How do you take your clothes off and keep your shoes on. No mention of finding her shoes. Don't think i've heard any description of what shoes she was likely wearing that day. Maybe she changed clothes, intending to return to them, before getting picked up. She could have gone north, changed clothes, gotten picked up, and was headed south when the phone was tossed a few minutes later. It would make sense if whoever took her was heading over to Rt 1 on the coast.

Good point about the shoes. No mention of that or socks. I really can't quit think about why they would be specific about her clothes being neatly folded. Just seems strange to me. Not a purse with clothing , but neatly folded.

I don't want to be what my daughters call a"Debbie Downer" , but I have another thought about the shoes. If she was abducted by a male sexual criminal he may enjoy the control of having her ride naked in the car. It is also very humiliating, and sadly, he may enjoy that also. The shoes ha may have kept on her if he intended to taken her somewhere remote where she would need to walk a while. Just a totally different perspective, and one I hope would not happen. But we all know those types are out there. MOO

What is everyone's ideas on Sierras
Shoes??

If the perp wanted her to discard her clothes
So she couldn't be distinguished later on as they made off, why wouldn't be he/she tell her to get rid of her shoes as well?
If the perp harmed her (God forbid that please) or had intentions of harming her and didn't want his DNA on her clothes, and he thought ahead to dispose of them, wouldn't her shoes have crossed his mind and that they could hold DNA as well?

So why get rid of the clothes she was wearing but not her shoes?
and it seems to be that the perp didn't take the clothes off of Sierra since they held no evidence.
In my mind, it seems to lead to Sierra willingfully running away..ditch the clothes she could be spotted in, and being in the rush she was didn't think much of her shoes.

What also leads to me to believe she ran away is all the things she left or did before she went to missing. To me these all seem to be carefully orchestrated days before so no one would think she ran away (trust me, I ran away once before too and left a lot of things behind to make it seem like I had future plans when I didn't)
-she happened to take a pic that morning, slightly showing what she was wearing. She them ditches the clothes so police have no idea as to what she could be wearing now.
-discusses her paper SO many times!! It's so obviously blatant how excited she is for the future of her paper. On twitter and to her family
-she just happens to make future plans the night before?
-she just happens to make a tweet about a boy disappearing the day before?
-she just happens to post the last thing to her tumblr as being lost and wanting to be found?

Jmo, but being 14 and running away once and trickingEVERYONE for days, I seriously think she's on the run. I even got a ride from my own neighbour to my next ride and they had no idea I was running away!) The investigators must feel this way a bit as well since they havent officially said she's
Abducted.
We all can see she's savvy and clever and bright. It's possible. Imho

IDK, maybe the truth is somewhere between her running away and her being abducted. Maybe she trusted the wrong person to help her leave town, and that person took away her freedom rather than helped her break free.

My 15 year old daughter was gone all last week with the church youth group. I was talking to her about this today and wanted to show her a picture, which led then to her twitter account. First thing my daughter mentioned was she seemed depressed, when I asked why she said oh, I don't know she just does. She then also noticed her excitement about her english paper.

She (daughter) thinks she was more depressed then she was letting on and that yes there were girls at her school that were jealous of her she could tell by some of her posts too.

Just to put that into the mix.... she also has other impressions.

Good point about the shoes. No mention of that or socks. I really can't quit think about why they would be specific about her clothes being neatly folded. Just seems strange to me. Not a purse with clothing , but neatly folded.

Mom was NOT shown the clothing or the purse for identification, kinda weird right? The mention of urine by a member of the media is bizarre, leading me to believe someone leaked this information. When asked directly Cardoza refused to comment.

The purse was found Sunday, but was not disclosed as such until Thursday (IIRC). They said they needed to conduct tests to confirm the clothing was Sierra's. IMO, something suspicious was found on that clothing, some sort of body fluid or other material they wanted to run a test on.

My 15 year old daughter was gone all last week with the church youth group. I was talking to her about this today and wanted to show her a picture, which led then to her twitter account. First thing my daughter mentioned was she seemed depressed, when I asked why she said oh, I don't know she just does. She then also noticed her excitement about her english paper.

She (daughter) thinks she was more depressed then she was letting on and that yes there were girls at her school that were jealous of her she could tell by some of her posts too.

Just to put that into the mix.... she also has other impressions.

Don't leave us hanging, sounds like your daughter has good instincts.

Yes, probably to run tests. More than likely because they went ahead and mentioned would mean that it probably was hers?! otherwise wouldn't that be something they would keep quiet. *(the urine). It is just a weird thing to mention. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro