Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't grasp the runaway theory. There would be no reason for her to ditch her bag and the parents and LE would have found other clues leading to this from her social media, phone records or other items missing from the house such as money or bank account withdrawals. Any offer of money for tweeting would be just another one of those scams that we see all the time. If she had planned for someone to give her a ride it should show up on the forensics done with her phone or social media. This narrows it down to 2 scenarios for me. She willingly got into the car and it quickly went bad or someone forced her into the car. A teens phone is constantly "bleeping". A perp would have heard the phone and grabbed it and disposed of it to keep her from tweeting that she had a ride. Maybe, or maybe not, it was apparent to her that she was in danger at that point, but as soon as the phone was thrown, she knew something was wrong. At that time there could have been a struggle over the bag. It was then taken away and thrown. The clothing to me sounds like she just packed a extra set that was clean and folded from home. I wish LE would clarify the information on the clothing. I don't see the perp disposing of her and then later the bag. The perp or perps would not know when people started to suspect her missing and would want to get rid of the bag before her or with her so it was not found in the car if pulled over. From this point on, there are some many different scenarios that could have happened. I will quit speculating for now.

I said in the movie.... sometimes movies add details for effect. The credits did say the movie was based on real events, but they are sometimes not totally accurate.

I know the movies often take liberties with the facts, but that is a huge one isn't it? And very misleading. It is still a big story in these parts. And so very sad. jmo

I can't grasp the runaway theory. There would be no reason for her to ditch her bag and the parents and LE would have found other clues leading to this from her social media, phone records or other items missing from the house such as money or bank account withdrawals. Any offer of money for tweeting would be just another one of those scams that we see all the time. If she had planned for someone to give her a ride it should show up on the forensics done with her phone or social media. This narrows it down to 2 scenarios for me. She willingly got into the car and it quickly went bad or someone forced her into the car. A teens phone is constantly "bleeping". A perp would have heard the phone and grabbed it and disposed of it to keep her from tweeting that she had a ride. Maybe, or maybe not, it was apparent to her that she was in danger at that point, but as soon as the phone was thrown, she knew something was wrong. At that time there could have been a struggle over the bag. It was then taken away and thrown. The clothing to me sounds like she just packed a extra set that was clean and folded from home. I wish LE would clarify the information on the clothing. I don't see the perp disposing of her and then later the bag. The perp or perps would not know when people started to suspect her missing and would want to get rid of the bag before her or with her so it was not found in the car if pulled over. From this point on, there are some many different scenarios that could have happened. I will quit speculating for now.

I agree with you. I do not think this girl ran away. I have always believed that she was abducted right from the very beginning.

One more thing. Since this happened during the day, I just don't see a perp walking her off somewhere risking being seen. Or for that matter even parking in the car and doing something for risk of being seen or heard. That makes me think this was planned and she was taken somewhere that she wouldn't be seen or heard. The houses/buildings are spread out everywhere there and there could be a quick getaway on the freeway. I think she is still being held or if she was killed ): her body would be near where a car could access. Also, I keep forgetting to mention that there was something stated earlier about her having a inhaler. She could have had a stress induced asthma attack at any point and time.

We just had Michelle Le here murdered by a jealous female last year. Could the same thing happen x2 in a row in the same area? Michele was taken from Kaiser hospital in Hayward (Very close to Fremont). OMG! She was just found in September...

I heard Mark Klass last night say after today's search. They are cutting the searches back to more than likely weekends. And will be turning in over to the family much like they did in the Michelle LE case. Reason being doing everyday searches can lead to burn out in people.

So many children go through divorces yet rarely do they runaway because of it. The divorce didnt just happen. We have no idea how long Marlene had gone with Rick. It certainly doesn't mean that Sierra disliked Rick.She never complained about Rick in any of her posts. In fact LE came out and said that Sierra had a good relationship with her mother and Rick and her closest friends would certainly know if she resented him and there hasnt been one untoward word said against him. He gave her a very nice home to live in and I think he is devastated that Sierra is missing. Just because he was her mom's boyfriend doesnt mean he didnt love her and he took good care of her, imo.

Her father was sentenced in September 2009 and Sierra seemed to have no problem with her father or why he was convicted. She visited him frequently.

She had been living with her mother full time... I would guess starting from the time Sierra's father was sentenced to jail time... so this was not something new to Sierra. She had been in Morgan Hill since October 2011.

Unfortunately teens of today express themselves on line in disgusting ways. I dont think Sierra was any different than a lot of teens are today. The mentioning of sex is certainly not unusual, sadly to say. I didnt find her suicidal at all. Iirc she said she was not suicidal.

So there really is nothing in Sierra's background that shows she would runaway. She is a very social child. Imo, she would not just leave her friends and family behind and put them all through such worry.

I guess we will disagree.

Sierra was living with her dad full time, if I remember correctly, from the time he left jail until October. Relocating far from there is a disruption in my mind as well as moving full time with her mom.

Regarding Mom's bf, Sierra did tweet about him saying she didn't like him. It is in her account.

The suicidal thoughts were mentioned on her tweeter account. As well as tweeting she felt alone and that she no longer had friends.

All this along with her Tumbler account makes me think she was subconsciously asking for help.

Of course this is my opinion. And I can tell you from experience that a Divorce is very hard on a teen. My parents divorced when I was twelve. Trust me it is very hard when the kids are older.

Again, MOO.

sierra_lamar_031912-thumb-222x166-thumb-250x186-thumb-250x186.jpg

As far as I know. Almost 11 12 hours had past before anyone knew something may be wrong. Around 6 that evening the mother received a phone call from the school reporting she had not been there that day. All day no other students or friends called her mother to report earlier she was not at school. Which tells me no one close to her knew anything about her having other plans. The person/persons she left with appeared at the end of the drive way that morning if the dogs in fact are correct in tracking her that far before the scent stopped. I assumed she got in voluntarily for there was no reports of screams, slamming of car doors, yelling, squealing of tires or other reported commotion. Or she could have been made to get in quick with a gun being displayed. We wont know for sure until after she is found and a suspect arrested to get the details. Tossing of the phone was to prevent the possible tracking when it became obvious she was missing. Perhaps the person she is with assumed she would be discovered missing much earlier and discarded the items early just in case there was a witness to something, and they were afraid of being stopped at a road block or a description of a vehicle was given and didn't want those items in the vehicle if pulled over.

BBM
Good point about the 11/12 hours before anyone knew she was missing.

Shows a couple of things to me - if she friends at this her new school, they were not communicative with her mom, and in that case I doubt her mom knew much about what Sierra was up to in her private life...

Another possibility is that Sierra simply did not have friends in her new school, making her lonely and susceptible to accepting a ride instead of going to school...
I

I guess we will disagree.

Sierra was living with her dad full time, if I remember correctly, from the time he left jail until October. Relocating far from there is a disruption in my mind as well as moving full time with her mom.

Regarding Mom's bf, Sierra did tweet about him saying she didn't like him. It is in her account.

The suicidal thoughts were mentioned on her tweeter account. As well as tweeting she felt alone and that she no longer had friends.

All this along with her Tumbler account makes me think she was subconsciously asking for help.

Of course this is my opinion. And I can tell you from experience that a Divorce is very hard on a teen. My parents divorced when I was twelve. Trust me it is very hard when the kids are older.

Again, MOO.

Yes they are searching again today. Than they are cutting them down to weekends only to avoid burn out.

You know, we haven't discussed a tweet someone sent Sierra. In the first week, I read through almost all her tweets, and found one that a guy or business sent her regarding getting paid for getting tweets or sending tweets. I wonder if she was making an income from tweeting and her parents didn't know about it? Maybe she had cash stashed way? Maybe someone knew about it?

Also, regarding the purse been dropped. It could also mean that the perp knew Sierra had a second phone. I though I read somewhere that she had two phones. If she did, then it could have been someone she knew.

MOO

Those tweets to make money are posted all the time to people. It's a scam / spam stuff. Doesn't mean she was DOING it.

I know I am beating a dead horse....but I wish we heard more about the mom's boyfriend, or more from the mom's boyfriend or anything about the mom's boyfriend???
MSM wise he is really flying below the radar.... If she did not like her mom's boyfriend, and she was happy living with the dad, why the sudden move taking her away from her friends and her school? Has anyone seen anything at all in MSM about the boyfriend?

I know I am beating a dead horse....but I wish we heard more about the mom's boyfriend, or more from the mom's boyfriend or anything about the mom's boyfriend???
MSM wise he is really flying below the radar.... If she did not like her mom's boyfriend, and she was happy living with the dad, why the sudden move taking her away from her friends and her school? Has anyone seen anything at all in MSM about the boyfriend?

I guess I am trusting that LE has confidently ruled out moms BF. Teens don't typically "like" new boyfriends or girlfriends of their parents. If I was mom and dad was a convicte RSO, I would want custody.

I really don't care about her moms boyfriend per the LE he is not a POI. The main concern is finding Sierra. And to be honest he is actually doing what I feel IMHO supposed to be doing. Not looking for attention so everyone can focus on Sierra. He has been at the candlelight vigils.

On a side note here is an article on Alex Smith QB showing up yesterday and what Mark Klass had to say about him
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/01/alex-smith-quietly-joins-search-for-missing-girl/

Thank you, Janeumayer for the post that Sierra made, saying she did not like R.G. Even though that tension is common between child & "step parent", it is important to know that it was true in this case. Did he leave in the same vehicle as Sierra's mother or only at the same time of the morning, 6 a.m.?

The boyfriend has a alibi and has been cleared by the police. I really think there is no need to discuss him or her dad anymore both are cleared per LE IMHO

What should we know about him concerning this case?

All I know about Rick is he has had his construction business since 1994. I would surmise that he has no criminal record or the media would have revealed that by now just like they did Steve's.

Also the police has stated he is in no way involved with the disappearance of Sierra nor is her mother or father. All three have iron clad alibis. The police has said that all three have been very cooperative during the ongoing investigation.

The police also said they have interviewed over a hundred people and have come to the determination that Sierra had a good relationship with her mother, Rick, and her father, Steve.

Sierra had much more disparaging things to say about her mom than she did Rick. However; it is not uncommon for kids her age to complain about their mothers or their boyfriend because a lot of times the mother has to be the heavy and she may not have gotten her way with Rick as often as she may with her father. Just typical b*tching that teens do, imo.

We do know he has handed out flyers for he was on the video when Marlene was at an intersection close to their home.

I think he has taken a backseat because he respects and knows that Sierra is not his child so he lets Steve and Marlene take the lead... as they should.

imo

Thank you, Janeumayer for the post that Sierra made, saying she did not like R.G. Even though that tension is common between child & "step parent", it is important to know that it was true in this case. Did he leave in the same vehicle as Sierra's mother or only at the same time of the morning, 6 a.m.?

Hi Tuba,

I only mentioned the bf because that was something Sierra mentioned. I in no way think or imply he was involved in this. We do not have any information re. the location of the family during that morning. LE said they are cleared so I am trusting the statement.

Tuba,

Do you have a hypothesis of what could have happened to Sierra? TIA

Full Timeline Link:

CA Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 timeline and media thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Most recent updates:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8597447

March 28 more @ link

Sierra's parents are trying to keep their minds from wandering to a dark place, especially now that investigators have re-classified the 15-year-old's case. Now they say, there's a chance, someone is holding her against her will.

"Could be she voluntarily left the home and then at some time soon after, contacted somebody and or came into contact with somebody that now has involuntarily kept her missing," said Santa Clara Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8598336

March 28 video @ link

Steve: You know, more time, you wonder what's happening with her and where she is and, does someone have her?

Marlene: Because of this response and the community coming together I know- I know Sierra's chances of having a safe return is just increasing.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...y-acquaintance-possible-in-sierra-lamar-case/

March 28 more @ link

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said the most likely scenario is that Sierra was abducted by an acquaintance.

“An acquaintance could be anything. It cannot just be someone that she knows,” said Smith. “It can be someone that she’s comfortable seeing in the area that she knows would be there, someone that is really known to the area. But we don’t believe she ran away or left voluntarily.”

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_278e8016-793e-11e1-902c-001a4bcf6878.html

March 28 more @ link

The determination that the unknown suspect or suspects in the possible abduction is familiar and comfortable with Morgan Hill is based partially on the location of Sierra’s home, Cardoza said. Police think she was likely picked up or abducted close to her residence.

“She lives in a secluded area,” Cardoza said. “There’s not much of a chance that she’s going to have contact with transients or strangers” who are unfamiliar with the area.

Cardoza clarified that the official designation of Sierra as an “involuntary missing person” could mean she was abducted, kidnapped, or she voluntary ran away but ended up with someone who turned out to have malicious intent.

No specific evidence so far points more heavily toward any one of those options, he added.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...y-acquaintance-possible-in-sierra-lamar-case/

March 28 video @ link

Marlene: Just bring her back home to us safely. We want her back home and we want this to end.

~~

Reporter: Deputies spent a second day searching the waterways near Sierra's home. Dive teams were ready to jump in, but only if canines caught the scent of human remains.

Q:This is the first time that we are talking about human remains. Does this mean then that there is a chance Sierra LaMar might be dead?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: We can't confirm that. Whether she is alive or whether she's, you know, not alive at this point.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/dive-teams-scour-waterways-human-remains-search-la/nLfq3/

March 28 more @ link

For the first time since her disappearance, sheriff's dive teams with specially trained rescue K-9s are taking to the area's waterways to search for human remains, he said.

Dive teams scoured waterways Wednesdays including Uvas Reservoir and Parkway Lakes, after searching the Calero and Chesbro reservoirs Tuesday, Cardoza said.

No actual diving was set to occur unless search and rescue K-9s detect possible human remains in the water, he said.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Moves-to-Waterways-144670055.html

March 28 more @ link

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's office sent dive teams to Uvas Reservoir, Parkway Lake and Ogier perk pounds on Wednesday. Investigators said they will only send an actual diver into the water if a trained dog that specializes in water borne detection gets a hit for possible human remains.

The dogs and their handlers will be on boats with divers at the ready.

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith told NBC Bay Area's Marianne Favro that Sierra's abduction was not a planned event. "We believe this was a situational crime," Smith said, meaning it was a crime of opportunity by a stranger. Smith also said she thinks the person who took Sierra knows the south county area very well and has strong ties there.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_e6dda6d0-7903-11e1-95f6-001a4bcf6878.html

March 28 more @ link

The sheriff’s office has spent more than 3,000 personnel hours on the search, and followed up on more than 500 tips received via phone calls and emails, Cardoza said. Law enforcement agencies from surrounding counties, as well as the FBI have also aided in the search efforts.

Today’s heightened search-and-rescue operations will also take place on the ground, focusing on the areas north of Palm Avenue and south of Bailey Road, including the Coyote Creek area, Anderson reservoir and Monterey Road west to the foothills, Cardoza said.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_9923d6e0-eb7f-5733-9125-b080cb796ae2.html

March 28 more @ link

Residents of the Parkway Lakes RV Park, along with thousands of people all over South County, are eagerly awaiting closure to the case. Two of the RV park’s residents who were outside watching the deputies and divers enter the marshy area surrounding the percolation ponds said they heard a vehicle pull up outside the locked gate late in the night after Sierra was reported missing.

James Silver, 15, said he did not see the vehicle but he heard it pull up to the gate late Saturday night. He was inside his grandmother’s motorhome. He heard the car doors shut, and two men exit. He heard them talking briefly, and the vehicle left about 15 minutes later. One of Silver’s neighbors, Helen Robison, 47, said she heard the same thing but did not see the vehicle or the men associated with it.

Silver’s grandmother, Sandy Mullican, 68, said she was walking her dog a few hours after that, about 4 a.m. Sunday, and heard a loud screaming sound. But she and other residents indicated that the area is inhabited with mountain lions and bobcats, which sometimes make screaming sounds.

http://www.ktvu.com/ap/ap/crime/teens-disappearance-frustrates-unites-community/nLfbb/

March 28 Associated Press more @ link

Sierra and her mother have been living in Morgan Hill since October. Tonya Miller, a family friend, said Sierra appeared to have adjusted to the move, briefly joining a private cheerleading club and befriending the daughter of her mother's boyfriend.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=17277501

March 28 video @ link

Steve: She has talked about doing dance, you know, maybe dance instructor, something like that. Um, she likes doing fashion design, she likes makeup, hair, all that stuff.

Marlene: You have so many people that love you, honey. We really want you back.

Steve: We love you Sierra.

Marlene: We want you safe, it's all about your safe return to us, that's all we want. We can't wait to give you a big hug.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=17271601

March 28 video @ link

Marlene: Having the fear of being caught, or whatever, you're not going to be in trouble. We just want her to come back and be safe with us. So please, please, please hear this message.

Reporter: Marlene LaMar also pleaded with illegal immigrants who may know something to come forward. She claims the sheriff's office will not deport anyone who sends in a tip.

~~

Reporter: She is involved in all sorts of competitive dance, including hip hop and ballet. Sierra's parents said she loves music, too. Some of her favorites are Nicki Minaj and Drake. At school, English is her favorite subject.

Marlene: She was very expressive, you know. She- it was very hard to hide emotions, you know?

Reporter: They said Sierra is an emotional and passionate girl wanting to make a difference in the world.

Marlene: The campaign against KONY, she was actually going to ask- you know, she's goes, "Mom, can I put posters all over the school, you know, to increase the awareness of what is going on?"

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=1535010925001

March 28 video @ link

Reporter: Danielle, why don't you tell us about what is going on with your mom and dad? This has got to be just one of the most testing times of their life.

Danielle: Yeah. I mean, you know, the best thing we can do in this kind of situation is just- you know, stay positive, not think about bad scenarios and, you know- we try to keep ourselves busy.

Reporter: Was your sister known to go missing or-

Danielle: No. No.

Reporter: -or not let Mom and Dad know about her whereabouts?

Danielle: No. Not at all.

Reporter: Tell us about Sierra. 15 years old, in high school, what do you guys think happened?

Danielle: Um, I mean, I'm really close with my sister and, you know, if there was anything suspicious, or like, weird that she started telling me, you know- I would know. And there was just none of that- no weird signs, or..

Reporter: New boys in her life or anything like that?

Danielle: No- nothing like, out of the ordinary. I mean, you know- a teenage girl always has crushes and but nothing like, you know- "I'm going to run off with this guy" or something like that.

Reporter: As far as you know, Sierra was on her way to school like any other day?

Danielle: Right.

Reporter: And just never made it.

Danielle: Yeah.

Reporter: You've got to feel helpless. You're 90 minutes away and- what can you do? What are you trying to do?

Danielle: I mean, well, this last week was actually my Spring break so, I was home- I was able to be home most of that time.

Reporter: Comfort your Mom and Dad.

Danielle: Yeah.

Reporter: Bree, you've got a first hand look. It's probably been very difficult for Danielle as well.

Bree, friend of Danielle: Oh, definitely. The best we've been trying to do as friends is just text her and say "We love you" and "We support you, hope you are doing good."

Reporter: What about the community response? We're hearing of searches, a lot of people coming together in the Bay area and also here in Sacramento. Tell us about what has been going on.

Danielle: Yeah, actually, the Klass foundation- the Klass Kids foundation is helping us organize search parties in the Morgan Hill area. Yesterday was the first official day they had the public- the public was actually able to help if they wanted to and there was like 600 something people so it was a huge turnout.

Reporter: And your sorority has got to be providing a lot of support for you as well.

Danielle: Oh yeah. Definitely.
Bree: The Sacramento community has been awesome. We actually started planning this fundraiser just this past weekend as soon as I could, and within days it was an amazing response. Hundreds of people.

Reporter: Tell us about what is happening tonight.

Bree: Tonight, as Sacramento State, in the University Union where all the major food places are and stuff, we're going to be having pasta, bread, salad and little candies and things like that. So, people can come out and buy- it's a $10 buy for the food, while supplies last because I'm not exactly sure how much it's going to feed.

Reporter: And what will this money go towards?

Bree: It's going to the Finding Sierra fund. So it'll go straight to that fund. It'll be entertainment, I have a good family friend who is a magician, so he is going to come and do a little bit of preforming and stuff. So we'll all just be gathered together. We'll sell flowers-magician-anything we can sell we're going to sell it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/educatio...appearance-raises-questions-about-how-schools

March 28 more @ link

The day Sierra LaMar failed to get on the school bus at 7:15 a.m., teachers logged her into their computers as absent, hour by hour, throughout the day.

But not until 6 p.m. -- nearly 11 hours later -- did Sobrato High School in Morgan Hill send an automated email and phone call to the mother of the teen who vanished almost two weeks ago.

The time lag cost critical search hours and frustrated Marlene LaMar, who drove to the high school that March 16 afternoon hoping her 15-year-old daughter missed the bus home. After more frantic calls to friends and family, she called police 27 minutes after receiving the 6 p.m. email that her daughter never showed up for school.

"They had no idea of the situation before they got that email," Sierra's older sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said of her parents. "Especially in this case, time definitely matters."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3606

March 28 more @ link

KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3606

March 28 video @ link

Sheriff Laurie Smith: From the time she was reported missing Friday, we treated this as a crime and while we were still looking at the runaway possibility, we haven't let up on that premise.

About 40 percent of the people that abduct children live within a mile of the victim, that's why we're so focused on searching houses- consensual searches of houses, and really hitting the neighborhood. Obviously you can see that we are searching much further out because we are not ruling that out.

We know that we have talked to every sex offender that is current in the system within a 2 mile radius. We have- I think we've exhausted all people who are on probation or parole or that will be done today and then we'll start hitting the people who- even if they are not on probation or parole- have criminal histories.

We are working as if she is alive. We want to return her home safely. That is our goal, that's our main mission, that is why we are moving so quickly and hitting the higher priority areas first; at the same time we're also doing the lower priorities. We're holding out hope. We want to get Sierra back safely.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sheriff-LaMar-Disappearance-Crime-of-Opportunity-144881955.html

March 29 more @ link

Investigators said they have completed their search of all the major bodies of water near Morgan hill, with no new evidence collected.

This includes Anderson, Calero, Chesbro and Uvas Reservoirs along with local percolation ponds and parkway lakes. Investigators conducted the search via boats with a dog on board that can detect human remains underwater without actually having to dive in. The dogs never indicated a hit.
~~
The sheriff's office is working on the theory that this was a crime of opportunity -- that the perpetrator didn't plan this in advance.

Sheriff Smith points out that in many crimes like this "it's impulsive."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/...Family-Gets-New-Hope-from-Community/145006225

March 29 video @ link

Steve: We're pleading, if there is someone out there that has her, we're just pleading for them to release her. All we care about is getting her home.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3611

March 29 video @ link. Interesting maps from LE on video.

Steve: It gets tough. We try to stay busy, is one way to cope. Talking to people that have- there's people out here that have gone through something like this. So, that's helpful, to talk to them. Marc Klass, Michael Le, and uh- so that helps to be able to talk to them. It's tough when you go home at night, you know, you're not busy, don't have lots of people around you, it's tough. Still having trouble sleeping and that kind of thing. Try not to stay alone, you know, I've got some support- with me, my family has been really good and my girlfriend stays with me so.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/ongoing-search-missing-teen-attracts-hundreds-volu/nLgY5/

March 29 more @ link

"Volunteer search members located an empty box that was labeled stainless steel handcuffs and five feet away a couple of used condoms," said Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jose Cardoza.

The area, the far west end of Palm Avenue, where the evidence was found is known to deputies as a place where underage people go to drink alcohol and party, Cardoza said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20283168/sheriff-water-search-missing-15-year-old-sierra

March 29 more @ link

Thursday afternoon's find would potentially be a major breakthrough in the case that has stymied police over the past two weeks -- or it could be a simple coincidence and another dead-end, investigators said. The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office won't know until the crime lab tests the cardboard box and condoms for DNA and other clues.

"Other than the fact that it's pretty close to Sierra's mom's house, there's no indication at this time that it's related," said Sgt. Jose Cardoza. "But we're collecting it as possible evidence."

"This may be another significant piece of evidence, but it's hard to confirm that it's related at this time," he added.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_e461867c-79ff-11e1-913a-001a4bcf6878.html

March 29 more @ link

Used condoms and an empty handcuff box were found Thursday by a volunteer searcher at the west end of Palm Avenue, about a mile from missing teen Sierra LaMar’s bus stop in Morgan Hill, though Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said Thursday night that “it’s possibly nothing.”

Smith said that because it was found where a lot of teens like to park and hang out. Palm Avenue is a dead-end, rural road.

“They found 150 things out there, condoms where kids like to park, beer cans,” she said. Smith said everything collected is considered evidence and will be fully examined.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/30/BANQ1NS93G.DTL

March 29 more @ link

At the same time he confirmed the finding, Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the sheriff's office cautioned that investigators already had conducted five searches of the area where Thursday's discovery occurred.

"This means one of two things: Either the items were not seen before, overlooked, or they just recently were left there," Cardoza said.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/pre...o-Help-Search-for-Sierra-LaMar-144683305.html

March 29 more @ link

Social media's impact on the search for 15-year-old Sierra LaMar is growing by day. Facebook users are helping get the word out about the Morgan Hill girl's disappearance.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_7d6bd4a8-7a00-11e1-8436-001a4bcf6878.html

March 29 a guide to facts behind Sierra's disappearance

Friday, March 30, 2012

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...bing-Find-in-Sierra-LaMar-Case-145187065.html

March 30 more @ link

Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators say it doesn't appear that the handcuff box had been there very long because there was no deterioration and the label is still readable. It is worth noting that it has rained on several of the days since Sierra disappeared.

The president of KlaasKids Marc Klaas says he has his doubts the find is connected to Sierra.

“I do have doubts sure. I think you have to be skeptical. We've been in this business an awful long time and you find things that seem hopeful all the time and they just prove not to be so," Klaas said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/search-missing-teen-concentrate-creek-trail-road-a/nLjJW/

March 30 more @ link

Investigators will take the search for missing teen Sierra LaMar off road Saturday, Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office officials said.

The sheriff's off-road unit, mounted on ATVs, will search the South Coyote Creek Trail and the Cochrane Road to Bernal Road area Saturday, officials said.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...arch-hillside-for-clues-in-sierra-lamar-case/

March 30 more @ link

The search for missing teen Sierra LaMar took crime scene investigators to a barren hillside between San Jose and Morgan Hill on Friday.

Working under pop-up tents, investigators poured five-gallon buckets of soil through a sifter, to capture small pieces of potential evidence.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3624

March 30 video @ link

Marlene: It just tells me that- that you are not giving up on Sierra. It tells me that you're dedicated. I hear stories of people giving up two consecutive work days in the middle of the week. Those are huge sacrifices. Um, you know, I wasn't sure about the- you know, continuity with the weather and just being a work day but to see that number actually grew to that large a number is- I just want to thank, thank the community for not giving up on my Sierra.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Fundraiser-Goes-Viral-144997545.html

March 30 more @ link

Hundreds of people have given up their time to physically help in the search effort by volunteering with the KlaasKids Foundation.

There have also been cases of young children emptying the piggy banks and buying bottled water for the volunteers.

Now, money is beginning to pour in. Case in point is a $12,000 donation from the people who work for Intero Real Estate Services.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=17291754

March 30 more @ link

"We have no intention of suspending the search. What's going to happen is Phase 1 will end this Sunday simply because people flew out and need to return to their families," Klaas said.

The next part of the search begins Monday.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_e6f02536-7ab5-11e1-9d25-0019bb30f31a.html

March 30 more @ link

Residents are invited to a community march through downtown Morgan Hill to raise awareness of missing teen Sierra LaMar in order to bring her home quickly and safely, according to organizer Dori Prado.

The march will start at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, at the Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Rd. and continue to Main Avenue where the marchers will take a u-turn and proceed back to the community center.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/hundreds-volunteers-join-search-lamar/nL5j2/

March 31 more @ link

Volunteer organizers from the KlaasKids Foundation told KTVU they had search assignments for as many as 1,000 attendees Saturday after 750 people signed up to help the day before, making Saturday’s search party the biggest yet since the effort started two weeks ago.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-more-than-500-volunteers-search-for/vGkPN/

March 31 video @ link

Reporter: In the weeks ahead, it'll be Sierra's friends and family taking the lead and organizing searches. They will still work closely with the Klass Kids foundation.

Steve: It's a little scary, like I said, it's a little overwhelming, but I feel pretty good that- you know, we've got people in place and we're always looking for more.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/No-Trace-Of-Sierra-Lamar-After-Two-Weeks/145298455

March 31 video @ link

Marlene: Nobody has backed down, and it's just truly amazing and I'm grateful.

Reporter: Meanwhile, a handcuff box and used condoms are being tested at a crime lab. The family says they will wait and see if there is any connection.

Steve: We're hopeful that it'll- you know, help with the case, help find Sierra, but we're cautious and just waiting- waiting for the analysis from it.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/The-Search-for-Sierra-Hits-City-Streets/145475855

March 31 video @ link

Marlene: It's harder as each day- you know, goes by. I don't like to look back and count the days but it's definitely encouraging- you know, seeing the effort from the community.

Steve: At night, sleeping- you wake up-you know, thinking about things, cry at night still. So, it's still tough.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8602035

March 31 more @ link

Sierras aunt and uncle from Maine were there Friday. "At times like this, the family has to come together for support," said her uncle Terry LaMar. Sierra's adopted family is now in the thousands, with hundreds of volunteers showing up every day to help in the search for evidence.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20299414/san-francisco-49ers-qb-alex-smith-joins-search

March 31 more @ link

The search for missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar drew its most famous volunteer to date when San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith joined the effort Saturday.

Marc Klaas, whose daughter Polly was killed in 1993 after being kidnapped from her Petaluma home, confirmed that Smith was among 581 people who turned out to search for the 15-year-old girl missing for two weeks.

"He wasn't there for attention. He was there to search," said Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation. "It was about his heart. It's certainly a touching thing, and it's a huge thing, too. By showing up, he provided a value that went well beyond his own presence as a searcher."

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_ed9466a4-7b7d-11e1-9e66-001a4bcf6878.html

March 31 more @ link

A morning full of rain didn’t keep a sizable crowd from marching Saturday through downtown Morgan Hill to show support and raise awareness for missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

The march was organized by Dori Prado of Morgan Hill, who has volunteered with KlaasKids Foundation all week in their efforts to enlist residents to help search for Sierra.

Gathering at the Community Center, Prado and other organizers distributed pink helium balloons and stacks of flyers depicting Sierra’s picture for the marchers to hand out along the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member