Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I wonder what new evidence LE got to give them this new theory.

I wonder the same thing. Maybe they found something on her social networks to indicate that. If so, they may have an idea who she left with.

I don't see how that can be definitively said when so many children are never found, alive or dead.

My number for stranger abductions of children come from the FBI:

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...august-2011/crimes-against-children-spotlight

My number for the population of the US (which I rounded down) came from the Census Bureau:

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

My number for the number of deaths in the US due to lightning strike each year come from NOAA:

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/medical.htm

Like I said yesterday the LE have ways of wording things just the way they want to. Yesterday everybody was saying see she was abducted but when you read the actual way they stated it . They said unlikely runaway. Now they are doing it again with left willingly and now bing held against her will.
They don't know that for a fact.

This new infro makes me wonder if it could be someone from her former school in Fremont.I believe LE either searched or questioned some of her friends there.

It is all semantics. If she got into a car thinking she was getting a ride to school, but they sped off to a vacant house, then is that considered 'going with them willingly'?

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I wonder what new evidence LE got to give them this new theory.

I'm not convinced this is a new theory as much as it's the media putting a spin on the news. I think LE has been working parallel investigations from the beginning, one of those being that Sierra left voluntarily, but is being held against her will.

Since they have no POIs yet, per the media reports, I think LE has to consider all the possibilities for now.

It is all semantics. If she got into a car thinking she was getting a ride to school, but they sped off to a vacant house, then is that considered 'going with them willingly'?

I think they mean got in the car willingly. The only reason they could come to this conclusion is that they dont have any evidence of a struggle near her driveway, thus she got in the car willingly.

Its interesting to me though how quickly things must of happened since her cell phone was probably thrown from the car within 5 minutes. I'd think a perp would want to keep things calm for as long as possible.

.....and you knew all about her plans , right? So did my mom when I went to the dances on Friday after school!

.......but Sierra's mom had NO clue . That seems strrange, to me anyway.:moo:

I personally would have stalked my kid by calling instead of texting if they didn't respond to my texts. :phone:

I think they mean got in the car willingly. The only reason they could come to this conclusion is that they dont have any evidence of a struggle near her driveway, thus she got in the car willingly.

Its interesting to me though how quickly things must of happened since her cell phone was probably thrown from the car within 5 minutes. I'd think a perp would want to keep things calm for as long as possible.

True, but she would pretty immediately figure it out when he started driving AWAY from the school. It wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes for that to happen.

And even though there is no evidence of a struggle, she may have been taken by gunpoint or a knife held to her neck.

But I do agree it is not random. Nobody would be sitting on that out of the way cul-de-sac, imo.

I went through her tumblr last night. She had a handful of pictures of that actress playing Effy Stoneham from the uk Skins. I really like that show even though I'm 20 years too old for it probably. Several characters in that show take off at various times, including Effy. It's very hedonistic, almost nihilistic drama. Trashing stuff, throwing a phone or an expensive bag would be nothing in the scheme of things. Effy is a very troubled character, mostly mute for almost two seasons and suffering from depressive illness.

Anyway, it is a tempting thought that her disappearance could be from that sort of impulse, or started like that at least. But it's real life hey, not tv, and I really hope she is found soon.

I think LE has probably obtained lists of students absent from school that day, and since, from both current and previous schools. And if everyone is accounted for, either it was not a student(s) or she is not being held somewhere, IMO. I am wondering if they are getting computer results, IP addresses/names etc. about now, or would that take less time than this? Maybe they are finding she was talking online with various people, maybe even about a day trip.

I found the actual quote.

Now they say, there's a chance, someone is holding her against her will.
"Could be she voluntarily left the home and then at some time soon after, contacted somebody and or came into contact with somebody that now has involuntarily kept her missing," said Santa Clara Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8597447

The way Sgt. Cardoza starts out by saying "Could be" makes me think that they are just considering this along with other possible scenarios.

New here. Great insights by all.

My thoughts:
I feel the clothes were packed because it was a Friday and she had plans to hang out with friends. If she had intentions of showering at the friend's home, then i'm sure she would want to put on fresh underclothes too and not the same ones she had on all day in school. That to me, says why the shoes weren't found, because she was going to wear them and only change the clothes.
As for the makeup and brush, her hair appeared to be curled in the photo taken that morning. Maybe she didn't want to brush the curls out and didn't take one. Her eye makeup was done and if all she needed was a lipstick/lip gloss, she could have carried that in her pocket.

I feel she knew who was in the car. If it was a stranger then the car would have to be close by and pulled up as soon as she reached the end of the driveway. I'm leaning more to her knowing the person driving or whoever else was in the car. I feel she was told she would be given a ride to school and when the vehicle wasn't going in that direction, she attempted to use her phone, and it was taken from her and tossed. I don't want to think what may have happened to her after that, but i think the purse was ditched later when no one was around.
I think there are people who know exactly what happened but don't want to rat on anyone.

I hope my hunches are wrong and she ran away and will return or be found safe.

As I'm reading this I can visualize a couple of kids in the car almost like 'teasing' her by grabbing her phone and not giving it back then throwing it out the window. Then Sierra being so upset about the phone...the kids still laughing and then throwing out her purse.

I do find it odd we don't hear much from the mother's boyfriend,maybe he is not saying much because he is not blood related,letting the father take over.

This is the first time I have heard about a poly taken

Karina Rusk
@karinanews

Anchor/reporter at ABC7 News covering Silicon Valley and the South Bay

San Jose, CA · http://www.abc7news.com

Steve LaMar told us the family did take lie detector tests to help with the investigation into Sierra's disappearance.

I wonder what they mean by voluntarily left? To runaway or get a ride somewhere?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8597447

This is sounding alot like what happened to a good friends daughter of mine a few months ago. His daughter left home one day and did not come home for weeks. Turned out she had willingly left with "friends" in the morning on her way to school (she never showed up for school that day) and ended up being kept against her will for weeks by others the "friends" knew. She came home one night after she said she had escaped, bruised and bloodied (and had been raped) She was 15 when this happened. I wonder if LE is looking into any possible connection between these 2 cases?

This happened in Hayward, about 45 min? from Morgan Hill.

I have had the misfortune of surviving two attacks in my life. I will say when an attacker knows he is going to attack you, and you are in the dark about it, the attack can happen so fast... One minute they are charming, the next they are violent and controlling. I can see it happening very quickly.

This is sounding alot like what happened to a good friends daughter of mine a few months ago. His daughter left home one day and did not come home for weeks. Turned out she had willingly left with "friends" in the morning on her way to school (she never showed up for school that day) and ended up being kept against her will for weeks by others the "friends" knew. She came home one night after she said she had escaped, bruised and bloodied (and had been raped) She was 15 when this happened. I wonder if LE is looking into any possible connection between these 2 cases?

This happened in Hayward, about 45 min? from Morgan Hill.

Hayward is neighbors with Fremont, literally next door. That is crazy that that happened. I hope they are looking into it. I mean it's possible that it is a copy cat type thing.

Thanks for sharing that story. I'm surprised it has not been brought up yet by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc