Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually say 'no' when someone thinks a missing person has been taken by human traffickers. But in Sierra's case I can see a possibility. She is petite, very pretty, and kind of naive, imo. I think she may have made 'friends' with the wrong peeps, and might have been abducted into one of those underground rings.

Santa Cruz County deputies on Sunday investigated a possible sighting of Sierra LaMar, after a witness called 911 to report seeing a teen hitchhiking on Holohan Road that looked like the missing 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl, authorities said.

The witness reported that the girl had backpacks with her and was near the intersection of East Lake Avenue when she got into a black truck, sheriff's Lt. Bob Pursley said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20254...vestigate-unconfirmed-sighting-missing-morgan

Holohan Road how far is that from Morgan Hill? "A fruit stand" Could this even be a possible scenario considering the time that has passed from the day she was accounted missing?

Now they are saying it's likely she's being held against her will, but at the same time they have no new info? Something stinks.

If they think she's being held shouldn't they focus the search on abandoned/foreclosed homes and buildings instead of fields and reservoirs?

Although I suppose it's possible, I doubt someone from her school would hold her for almost two weeks. That would take a lot of effort for a teen I would think, and wouldn't they miss a lot of school? That should be easy to find out for LE. Just don't see someone 15-18 years old doing that. I would start looking for their drug connection. Maybe a drug dealer took an interest in her. I bet her friends know who the dealer is, they better start talking and quick. Someone knows something!

Gives me hope that they think she could still be alive but how many people survive incidences like this? I rarely hear of people escaping or being allowed to go home and testify against all involved.

I don't think LE knows what they have here yet. Nothing definitive to point any one way for sure. While I doubt she is staying away on purpose, she could be doing so. It seems that all possibilities are in play, until they know what happened. JMO

I really don't see this as human trafficking. I sadly see this as a sexual deviant most likely. I think the only hope is that they are holding her. I think in most cases they don't hold people in barns or foreclosed homes sadly, I think if they are holding her she is in a basement or a room with no windows.

Now they are saying it's likely she's being held against her will, but at the same time they have no new info? Something stinks.

If they think she's being held shouldn't they focus the search on abandoned/foreclosed homes and buildings instead of fields and reservoirs?

Although I suppose it's possible, I doubt someone from her school would hold her for almost two weeks. That would take a lot of effort for a teen I would think, and wouldn't they miss a lot of school? That should be easy to find out for LE. Just don't see someone 15-18 years old doing that. I would start looking for their drug connection. Maybe a drug dealer took an interest in her. I bet her friends know who the dealer is, they better start talking and quick. Someone knows something!

Gives me hope that they think she could still be alive but how many people survive incidences like this? I rarely hear of people escaping or being allowed to go home and testify against all involved.

I consider my friends daughter one of the very very lucky ones to have escaped. The weird thing was that as soon as I made a missing persons flyer for her dad and started circulating it she was home within 2 days. I never went into detail with dad about what happened but I know she was lucky to get out alive. My understanding was that gang-related types had her.

I really hope LE knows more then they are letting on. But if a distant or stranger abduction, it can be very hard to solve. I really pray she finds a way to escape, and is keeping her wits if she is being held. Two weeks is an amazingly long time to be held. I cannot imagine her mindset if that is the case.

I think too many people are reading too much into the "change" in the investigation.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_20265290/hundreds-gather-morgan-hill-sierra-lamar-search

To me, they are only thinking its unlikely that she ran away based off how long she's been gone, and based on interviews.

Looking through her past twitter postings, I dont think one can say that her running away is not a possibility. Being a teenager is hard, and she had a lot of extra challenges thrown in there.

So based off their interviews of friends and family, as well as some circumstances (like the hair appointment, and her sister coming into town) they are reasoning that a runaway is highly unlikely. But NOT impossible.

Anything is possible at this point without evidence suggesting one way or the other. I think there was some confusion, because news agencies mispoke and said "she didn't run away".

I usually say 'no' when someone thinks a missing person has been taken by human traffickers. But in Sierra's case I can see a possibility. She is petite, very pretty, and kind of naive, imo. I think she may have made 'friends' with the wrong peeps, and might have been abducted into one of those underground rings.

I think traffickers usually prey on kids who are not likely to be missed. Runaways, kids with substance abuse problems, throwaway kids, etc.

The last thing a trafficker wants is to have a girl on his hands that people are actively looking for. Too many better and lower risk targets in the world.

My problem with the theory that the perp(s) forced Sierra to undress is that it doesn't fit with where her bag was found. Not enough time to take off the clothes in a car, fold them and place them in the bag before the bag was pitched out of the car.

I agree that it would be a good way to extend mental control over the victim but I just don't think it happened here.

I really think that, for whatever reason, Sierra packed a change of clothes before she left that morning.

I'd love to know what kind of trace evidence (if any) they found either inside or outside the bag.

BBM: If Sierra was abducted by a neighbour or someone close by, there could have been more than ample time. jumping off your post in general, it seems many are assuming as soon as SL got in the car it started moving toward and to the locations these items were found. In reality, if she was abducted between 7:10 and 7:30, and not reported missing until that evening, it leaves the perp a good many hours to do this. SL may not have even been in the car / truck when these items were pitched. MOO

I consider my friends daughter one of the very very lucky ones to have escaped. The weird thing was that as soon as I made a missing persons flyer for her dad and started circulating it she was home within 2 days. I never went into detail with dad about what happened but I know she was lucky to get out alive. My understanding was that gang-related types had her.

That makes sense.

Gang related or traffickers, they don't want anything to do with a victim that others may be actively looking for. There are plenty of victims who never get any attention or whose families are afraid to contact LE (for reasons such as being an undocumented worker).

I really don't see this as human trafficking. I sadly see this as a sexual deviant most likely. I think the only hope is that they are holding her. I think in most cases they don't hold people in barns or foreclosed homes sadly, I think if they are holding her she is in a basement or a room with no windows.

Totally possible she's at someone's house. The reason why I first thought of abandoned buildings or homes is the vast number of them in the area, and how easy it would be to gain access to these areas. Plus, I figure there would be much more privacy to hold someone in an abandoned building than there would be a typical neighborhood house where you'd have to worry about people coming over, room mates, or nosy neighbors. Totally possible though. If she's being held, especially by gang//drug dealer types, I think the chances are that at least a few people know about it, and the more people that know what is going on the chances are better that someone will talk. Even better if it's someone Sierra knows or someone her friends know, LE should be able to make a connection. I sure hope this is the case.

Good points. I find it interesting that LE is saying that they believe she is being held against her will. That is kind of a bold statement to say to the community. I wish we could know what they know :)

I don't think this was a neighbor...if so, they would be missing now too, if she is being "held" someplace, most likely...unless one supposes they had a spare house to lock her up in and go back to feed her once in a while, which sounds kind of preposterous to me...JMO

BBM: If Sierra was abducted by a neighbour or someone close by, there could have been more than ample time. jumping off your post in general, it seems many are assuming as soon as SL got in the car it started moving toward and to the locations these items were found. In reality, if she was abducted between 7:10 and 7:30, and not reported missing until that evening, it leaves the perp a good many hours to do this. SL may not have even been in the car / truck when these items were pitched. MOO

That is what I have been thinking. Somebody close by that knows the area. I think that if she is being held against her will she is fairly close still. I don't think this was last minute random, but somebody that had a while to think. Maybe not an elaborate plan, but a bit of a plan.

Where and how they might be keeping her, that might have already been in the works for anyone, and she happened to be chosen. Thats just how I feel today, tomorrow might be another story.

Stay strong young lady!

I think someone may holding her against her will rather than a runaway simply because you would have so much less freedom to go anywhere without being spotted by someone.A girl that age would not want that hanging over her head.Even of she was in disguise her features would stand out.IMO

Totally possible she's at someone's house. The reason why I first thought of abandoned buildings or homes is the vast number of them in the area, and how easy it would be to gain access to these areas. Plus, I figure there would be much more privacy to hold someone in an abandoned building than there would be a typical neighborhood house where you'd have to worry about people coming over, room mates, or nosy neighbors. Totally possible though. If she's being held, especially by gang//drug dealer types, I think the chances are that at least a few people know about it, and the more people that know what is going on the chances are better that someone will talk. Even better if it's someone Sierra knows or someone her friends know, LE should be able to make a connection. I sure hope this is the case.

BBM: I wonder if that is why a good many of the perps we find out about are later described by co-workers and neighbours as shy, loners, very quiet, never socialized with other neighbours etc. It creates a good environment for them to have few people if any coming into their homes or bothering them.

The cellphone ping records would reveal exactly when her cellphone stopped moving around and started just sitting in the field where it was found.

I am assuming that if Sierra's phone had moved around to locations outside the direct route from her driveway to where it was found, LE would have made a general call for any security camera footage from along that route.

Since there has been no such general call, that leads me to believe the cellphone moved over the direct route, which means that LE could privately request possible security camera footage from anyone along that route.

If I were the perp, I'd want that cellphone out of my vehicle ASAP to reduce the chances that cellphone pings combined with security camera footage would lead to my vehicle or even to a picture of my face (as drive; traffic cams are aimed at driver's faces, for instance).

The cellphone ping records would reveal exactly when her cellphone stopped moving around and started just sitting in the field where it was found.

I am assuming that if Sierra's phone had moved around to locations outside the direct route from her driveway to where it was found, LE would have made a general call for any security camera footage from along that route.

Since there has been no such general call, that leads me to believe the cellphone moved over the direct route, which means that LE could privately request possible security camera footage from anyone along that route.

If I were the perp, I'd want that cellphone out of my vehicle ASAP to reduce the chances that cellphone pings combined with security camera footage would lead to my vehicle or even to a picture of my face (as drive; traffic cams are aimed at driver's faces, for instance).

Thanks for the reply, I was mainly addressing the portion i bolded about not having time to undress, fold clothes, toss the bag all from within the confines of the vehicle. Plus I don't think the phone was discovered right away. If they only have a triangulation as opposed to GPS that also raises some questions about how and when they found the phone in relation to it being tossed. Again MHO only.

I don't think this was a neighbor...if so, they would be missing now too, if she is being "held" someplace, most likely...unless one supposes they had a spare house to lock her up in and go back to feed her once in a while, which sounds kind of preposterous to me...JMO

I agree.

The Garridos did get away with it for a long time but they did not abduct a child known to them. They abducted a child from a location away from their own home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member