Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, I'm way behind on the threads since this morning, but is it OK now to speculate about the Mom's BF? And are we now using NG as a verifiable source, despite how the show is edited (to say the least)?

~jmo~

HinkyMeter is a WS approved site, but we cannot copy/paste or paraphrase posts from there to here. We can provide a link and time directions to a post of interest however. HTH and if any questions please PM a mod.

Whoa, I'm way behind on the threads since this morning, but is it OK now to speculate about the Mom's BF? And are we now using NG as a verifiable source, despite how the show is edited (to say the least)?

~jmo~

Still not ok to speculate about mom's bf. Still totally ok to alert on any post that may violate TOS.

Reading over at Hinkymeter is making me see things a slight bit in a different direction. I know it is an approved site here. And there is a member over there whose kids went to Fremont and knew Sierra at school there. Am I allowed to go any further????:what:

Lol, I just posted this same thing about an hour ago...upthread a bit. I think one of the mods just weighed in...

Well anyway, I am now wondering if some of her old friends from Fremont might have come and surprised her that morning. She was trying to distance herself from some of her old pals, but they might have come over that morning and offered her a ride. Maybe said let's go to Starbucks first and we will drop you at school afterwards. But things went sideways very fast. :mad:

Sorry to but in, but just wanted to add this before I head off to bed.
On the NamUs website, it states " A school friend stated she communicated with
Sierra via text message on Friday 3/16/12 at approximately 0711 hours to meet before class started
to discuss homework. Sierra never made that meeting."

http://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14258

That's another thing. It was reported the text said that but on NG the sheriff said it was something about bringing something to school. Is that another discrepancy?

Well anyway, I am now wondering if some of her old friends from Fremont might have come and surprised her that morning. She was trying to distance herself from some of her old pals, but they might have come over that morning and offered her a ride. Maybe said let's go to Starbucks first and we will drop you at school afterwards. But things went sideways very fast. :mad:

IF this is true...I agree that she could have been tricked by former friends into accepting a ride...I have kind of entertained the idea of this being a result of some sort of feud or jealousy or revenge-type thing anyway, and believe it could be the work of people near her own age. There is really nothing to say it couldn't be. I am not of the opinion that kids would necessarily talk, when something as serious as this has taken place. I think back to Phylicia Barnes' case, and no one has ever loosened their lips in that one, and they are not much older. JMO

Poor Marlene...so sad. She tried so hard to keep the focus on finding Sierra. I doubt she will do another interview with her. I hope not.

Sorry if all this has been posted before - just thinking outloud :)

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST: It also appears from the damage to the phone that it was thrown from the driver`s window, as well. That phone is going to be critical, Rita. It`s going to have text messages, it`s going to have voice messages and possibly video.

This just adds more weight to the fact it was dumped asap rather than placed for later.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Yes, that`s exactly right, Rita. And in fact, the phone was found a half a mile in the direction opposite of her bus stop. So it`s not a direction that she would have gone.

It seems as though somebody might have is thrown the phone out of a moving car. I do not for one moment believe that this girl has disappeared on her own. I suspect that she is probably the victim of foul play.

COSBY: Crime analyst Sheryl McCollum, what do you think?

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST: It also appears from the damage to the phone that it was thrown from the driver`s window, as well. That phone is going to be critical, Rita. It`s going to have text messages, it`s going to have voice messages and possibly video.

COSBY: Great point. Sheriff Laurie Smith -- and I think Sheryl just hit on some great points. Let`s first walk you through any messages on the phone. You can check right now. You`ve already probably had the phone records in your hands.

SMITH: Yes, we do have the phone records in our hand. Another thing that we`re doing is checking for fingerprints on the telephone. The telephone did have some scratches. We don`t know if it was done -- if it was thrown out of the car. We don`t know if the scratches were there before.

But we have all of the phone records, text records, and we have that released through the phone company, also. So we have a lot of technological resources. And we`re pursuing all areas, including FaceBook, Twitter, all other electronic and social media. It`s been a tremendous help."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

May just be me but why THE car? You would surely say a car, like Mark Kalss did. That sentence seems odd like they start to say something then change what they are saying. Probably nothing

JOSE CARDOZA, SPOKESMAN, SANTA CLARA SHERIFF`S OFFICE: But there was a bag, specifically a Juicy purse, a Juicy bag belonging to Sierra LaMar that was found Sunday about 1:00 PM. Members of the sheriff`s office search and rescue team found this Juicy bag belonging to Sierra.

Inside the bag was some of Sierra`s clothing, a pair of pants and a T- shirt neatly folded, neatly put inside this bag. This bag was located on Santa Teresa (ph) Boulevard in Laguna, which is within a couple of miles of Sierra`s mother`s house.

The reason the information wasn`t immediately made available to the public was because we had to confirm that the clothes did belong to Sierra, and we had to do some further investigative follow-up on that. Through confirmation from Sierra`s family and through some of the investigative efforts, we have now confirmed that those clothes and the bag did belong to Sierra.

But later on in the interview Nancy grace asks

GRACE: OK. Have police told you what the clothes were in her pocketbook?

LAMAR: No. No.

GRACE: OK. What do you make of the clothes being neatly folded into that Juicy couture pocketbook?

LAMAR: You know, I have -- I have no idea as far as the contents or anything like that. And so I`m not going to guess, you know, but I...

GRACE: Got it.

LAMAR: Truthfully, I have no idea. And I don`t want to jeopardize the investigation...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

The mother may have identified the bag but not the clothes. She didn't know what clothes were in the bag. How else would the police determine they were her clothes? Forensic testing? was something found on them? Just makes me wonder why they wern't shown to the mother to identify.

It is unsettling how unclear the mother is in her interviews. I wish I could hear her talk about other things rather than this situation. Is it just that she can not organize her thoughts and therefore doesn't communicate well in all areas of her life. Or is she trying to filter the information she gives the public because LE has asked her not to reveal things? Or is she trying keep a story going that isn't true and thus keeps confusing facts? You would think she has told this information over and over again...and that she has re-lived that morning over and over again...why would there be any confusion as to when the bf leaves the house?

She is so protective of the boyfriend and not speaking about him. Would it not make sense to just be upfront about the timeline and leave it at that....she consistently repeats he has been cleared.....hhhmmm just feels odd.

In this video it shows them researching in the area where her purse was found. At one point in at about 1:30 it shows a cactus. http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=186144

At 1:40 there is a building and a cactus, is there where they found the purse? I was picturing it being toss in a field, but this is so different. The person had to get out of a car, and walk up and place it there carefully there. They found this Sunday, so it could have been there as early as Friday night. I don't understand a perp being so stupid to leave evidence scattered around to be found. The books may have prints and the condoms if connected would yield DNA, and the empty cuff box, again prints. It looks like the Holly BoBo case. If this person is not in the system, then I can see him being careless about his prints or DNA, but it is like an Easter Egg hunt. Her shoes haven't been found, and you can't get cloths off unless you take the shoes off first. So I bet that is another thing they are searching for.

Nancy Grace Show 4-6-12 :

snippets from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: OK. Because you earlier told me no one else was in the home but you and sierra.

LAMAR: Well, he left. I`m sorry. I`m still in shock by everything I heard on your show. But he left after me. So the sheriffs know all the information.

GRACE: To you, Henry K. Lee, did the boyfriend report to work that morning? And how far away did he work?

HENRY K. LEE, REPORTER, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE: Well, for all intents and purposes, I`m glad you asked that question. Because the sheriff`s office is saying to the public, if you know of anyone who has not reported to work, is acting suspiciously, has a strange injury, or has some unexplained absence, we need to know about it. As far as the boyfriend goes, I don`t have any information that suggests there was anything --

GRACE: OK. Let`s ask the sheriff. Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.

GRACE: David Lorh, did the boyfriend report to work on time?

DAVID LOHR, SENIOR CRIME REPORTER HUFFINGTON POST: We don`t know that yet, Nancy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

:moo: WOW ... so when Nancy asked the Sheriff about Rick, the Sheriff clearly stated that they cannot release info or evidence about the case.

JMO, but if everything "added up", the Sheriff would have answered that question.

The Sheriff's answer is clear to me.

:moo:

Nancy Grace Show 4-6-12 :

snippets from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: OK. Because you earlier told me no one else was in the home but you and sierra.

LAMAR: Well, he left. I`m sorry. I`m still in shock by everything I heard on your show. But he left after me. So the sheriffs know all the information.

GRACE: To you, Henry K. Lee, did the boyfriend report to work that morning? And how far away did he work?

HENRY K. LEE, REPORTER, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE: Well, for all intents and purposes, I`m glad you asked that question. Because the sheriff`s office is saying to the public, if you know of anyone who has not reported to work, is acting suspiciously, has a strange injury, or has some unexplained absence, we need to know about it. As far as the boyfriend goes, I don`t have any information that suggests there was anything --

GRACE: OK. Let`s ask the sheriff. Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.

GRACE: David Lorh, did the boyfriend report to work on time?

DAVID LOHR, SENIOR CRIME REPORTER HUFFINGTON POST: We don`t know that yet, Nancy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

:moo: WOW ... so when Nancy asked the Sheriff about Rick, the Sheriff clearly stated that they cannot release info or evidence about the case.

JMO, but if everything "added up", the Sheriff would have answered that question.

The Sheriff's answer is clear to me.

:moo:

I agree. The no comment answers the question, imo But I'd also like to point out, thankfully, it seems LE hasn't shown tunnel vision in this case and all scenarios remain open. I believe the perp is someone known to Sierra but we've been shocked many times in other cases where the perp ended up being a total stranger. First and foremost they must eliminate family members and I'm hoping they have or are in the process of doing so. Perhaps the testing on the items found will give LE the much needed clues as to what may have happened to Sierra.

Hoping for a miracle. :rose:

:bump:
Still not ok to speculate about mom's bf. Still totally ok to alert on any post that may violate TOS.

bumping and adding

Re: the parents and mom's boyfriend
Authorities have said both adults, as well as Sierra’s father, Steve LaMar, who still lives in Fremont, have been ruled out as suspects and have been cooperative in the investigation, Cardoza said.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_ad5f3578-77ae-11e1-8590-001a4bcf6878.html

I really hope they get something from the evidence that helps point to a suspect...or confirms one, if LE has someone in their sights now. But it seems to be taking an awfully long time for a case with a potentially live victim who may need a rescue...if in fact LE is holding out any hope for such a scenario.

Reading the transcript, I can see how Mom probably got befuddled in her replies. But am still uncomfortable with the sheriff not confirming that the BF has been cleared, when she was asked pretty much point blank, more or less.

JMO

I really hope they get something from the evidence that helps point to a suspect...or confirms one, if LE has someone in their sights now. But it seems to be taking an awfully long time for a case with a potentially live victim who may need a rescue...if in fact LE is holding out any hope for such a scenario.

Reading the transcript, I can see how Mom probably got befuddled in her replies. But am still uncomfortable with the sheriff not confirming that the BF has been cleared, when she was asked pretty much point blank, more or less.

JMO

I wonder if the reason is because if he left later than usual, he may have seen something (?) and LE will not say what time he left as to not jeopardize the investigation? Just thinking out loud to why the sherriff refused to comment. Same with mom. Perhaps the reason some think her story is wishy washy is because there are certain things she can't reveal. JMO.

Posting this for clarification :

This is Sheriff Smith's statement from Nancy Grace Show 4-6-12 where the Sheriff clearly stated that they are not eliminating anybody until Sierra is home.

snipped from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon