Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is, if the reward really is only for her being found safe and alive, as the article I read today indicates, how would this help? And surely a second kidnapper would not qualify for a reward...JMO

It's possible -- just barely--that she is being held someplace.Alive. The second kidnapper ? Well, I'm guessing that LE thinks they might be just dumb enough to believe that they could get the reward if they give the other one up...MOO Who knows, it all sounds like a looong shot to me...MOO

Does anyone know : can someone under the age of 18 actually collect a monetary reward ? TIA

I think the reward was offered to make sure she was not missing voluntarily. If my friend ran away and someone offered me 10 large to give up the location of the friend I am sorry but as a teenager I would. That is a lot of cash for a teen. If her close friends knew anything at all I would think they would jump at the opportunity to make 10 grand. Especially if this was a runaway. If it was a runaway with the help of a male accomplice then he was young. In his teens. If that is the case the friends would most likely know about him and someone would have claimed that 10k.

Not sure, but I think the reward info only came out this weekend...?

Here's a pic of a similar Dodge Dynasty. To clarify, this is not the actual pic Le showed the friend.

That pic has been enhanced, the one on her Twitter is blurry but it looks like the same pic. She said the investigators want to know who drives it. Her friend asked her where she got it from and she answered the private investigator told her. If he was showing her a similar car, he should have given her a photo of one that wasn't parked in front of someone's home.

What Sierra's friend posted about the car is "If anyone knows anything about this car or who drives it, please let me know..." so SHE makes it sound like this is the car...

It is still linked on Hinky Meter...can't tell if it is front of a house or a building, and plate is blurred.

I did a web search of images on the car and this photo comes up. So is it possible they just used this image as an example of a car they are looking for?

Here is the link to the wiki photo. It is the same photo.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...F1DC05&first=0&qpvt=dodge+dynasty&FORM=IDFRIR

I saw that last night. I was wondering the same thing and the other friend who had it on their Twitter deleted it. There are so many things wrong with this case.

Teens are very easy to fool. In fact, most adults are as well. The internet is a place where anyone can be anybody they want to be and there are very few ways to easily find out the truth. Most teenagers are too eager to allow people they think they know into their lives. All they have to do is post a picture with a sports uniform or mention the school they go to and anyone can easily find them. If they list their first and last name, a home address is easily obtainable.

The fact is that if you have any pictures online or have shared anything about your life, whether you feel it is in a private place or not, you have already put enough information online to be located by anyone who decides to look.

I agree with you on being able to track someone. The only thing that I would find odd is for someone to track her, then stalk her and get familiar with the area. I think it would be hard for them to know her morning routine and that she took the bus unless they took the time to stalk her. If that were the case, I would think they would live in the area.

On another site, there is talk of a search at Coyote Lake?
Do we have a scanner for Sierra...will go look...

I agree with you on being able to track someone. The only thing that I would find odd is for someone to track her, then stalk her and get familiar with the area. I think it would be hard for them to know her morning routine and that she took the bus unless they took the time to stalk her. If that were the case, I would think they would live in the area.

I think local also. The way the books and bag were hidden suggests to me that the person knew where he was going and didn't just happen to drive down a street that has a dead end where traffic only comes in one way.

Has the information regarding friend's reply to the 7:11 a.m. text message been published?

I did notice within the Nancy Grace interview that there was an effort to advance the activity in time so as to state that Sierra was taken on her way to the bus stop, rather than from her driveway. Definite push. I'm sure Nancy Grace noticed this too.

I think local also. The way the books and bag were hidden suggests to me that the person knew where he was going and didn't just happen to drive down a street that has a dead end where traffic only comes in one way.

Yes, I am very puzzled on the spot the things were placed because it would seem easier or faster to just throw them out the window of a moving car in some brush or a ravine. If you actually stop and pull over and get out of a car, there is more chance that someone will notice you. Then, there is why would they not just leave her things with her? What different reasons would they have for not doing that?

There are five little dogs next door that bark at everyone..

SBM

Thanks for the on-the-site report, Whisperer.

As for the dogs, though. If they bark at everyone, then the owners most likely tune them out. Particularly if the owners are not expecting anyone at their own door at that time.

I've seen it go so far as selective deafness as a dog training instructor doing a home visit. The dog or dogs are barking at this, that and everything. I'm inwardly going nuts because I just hate sport barking but the owners don't even notice it. If I call their attention to it, the owners are surprised.

I suppose it's a good thing that owners tend to tune that behaviour out or there'd be a lot more homeless dogs.

Has the LE came out and said all three have passed polys and are cleared?

I keep hearing over and over again, they are cleared. NG even backed down from her questioning to telll us that Friday Night. But when the Sheriff spoke, she said no is cleared. I need a pill that will unconfuse me.

Yes, I am very puzzled on the spot the things were placed because it would seem easier or faster to just throw them out the window of a moving car in some brush or a ravine. If you actually stop and pull over and get out of a car, there is more chance that someone will notice you. Then, there is why would they not just leave her things with her? What different reasons would they have for not doing that?

Very confusing. Placing them there hoping they wouldn't be found so maybe he could retrieve at least the bag later???

Very confusing. Placing them there hoping they wouldn't be found so maybe he could retrieve at least the bag later???

I can't figure this out at all...why not put it in the trunk, if the driver was worried about a possible roadblock...I mean if he had Sierra hidden, why not hide her things as well? I really am not into the "taunting" of police idea much, as I don't think the person(s) would have been thinking about that. Did they hide in a way so it might look as though Sierra hid it there? And if they did not wear gloves (hoping) there should still be prints on it, since they found it within a day or two...even if they don't know who they belong to, they should be able to rule out people. I also can't see coming back there later and hiding it...knowing that people would be asked, very soon, if they saw anything out their windows, or any car used that road, etc...you never know when someone is watching. I think it would have been done right then, but have no idea why...

Has the information regarding friend's reply to the 7:11 a.m. text message been published?

I did notice within the Nancy Grace interview that there was an effort to advance the activity in time so as to state that Sierra was taken on her way to the bus stop, rather than from her driveway. Definite push. I'm sure Nancy Grace noticed this too.

Sierra's mom said from the beginning that the dogs finding a scent only to the end of the driveway told her that Sierra made it to the bus stop...and I was like, what? How does it tell you that??

Not in this day and age. Now days unfortunately it is normal welcome to the new generation as sad as I hate to type that.

Around 1800, young people scandalised the older generation by dancing that daring new dance, the waltz. It actually entailed a man placing his arm around the waist of his partner, how racy!

Elvis Presley was famous just before I was born. His gyrating pelvis as he rock'n'rolled scandalised the older generation.

When I was in high school, streaking was the fad. Someone in my school not only streaked, he had the sangfroid to stop and be interviewed on TV. Streaking was guaranteed to set off the older generation.

Then it was rap that was the huge scandal and surefire way to upset the older generation.

Each generation of adolescents finds something to shock the older generation of their parents. It's part of establishing an identity of their own and independence from their parents.

In another 25 years, the kids who are using rape, stalking, etc, as jokes will be equally dismayed at what their own teens come up with.

I can't figure this out at all...why not put it in the trunk, if the driver was worried about a possible roadblock...I mean if he had Sierra hidden, why not hide her things as well? I really am not into the "taunting" of police idea much, as I don't think the person(s) would have been thinking about that. Did they hide in a way so it might look as though Sierra hid it there? And if they did not wear gloves (hoping) there should still be prints on it, since they found it within a day or two...even if they don't know who they belong to, they should be able to rule out people. I also can't see coming back there later and hiding it...knowing that people would be asked, very soon, if they saw anything out their windows, or any car used that road, etc...you never know when someone is watching. I think it would have been done right then, but have no idea why...

The only problem with that is where was Sierra? He had to get out of the car to place them there. Was there someone else in the car restraining her, was she immediately rendered unconscious? I think he did it later because when she was reported missing the bag was described and he had to get rid of it fast. There are so many similar areas, why hide it there?

I also believe that the items were left at once...just not sure of the reason. I am not sold on the idea of trying to taunt LE, but do agree that the perp would not have any idea that he had 12 hours before she would be noticed to be missing, so he would get away from her neighborhood ASAP. The only way a perp would know or believe he had so much time was if he was also a student and/or an employee of the school, IMO.

I agree.

Even if the perp were an employee of the school, they would have to know that Marlene did not routinely check the school's online site that reports absences during the day class by class.

I am not indirectly blaming Marlene here, BTW; Sierra did not apparently have any history of cutting school, so why would her mother feel any need to keep checking on her throughout the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214