Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any number of ruses could be used to lure a 15-yo female either to get into the vehicle or to approach it where she could be grabbed or disabled. And since we're talking tasers, chloroform is also a possibility.

Disorganized offenders would generally leave personal affects with the body because they aren't considering potential identification. They dump the body and whatever else there is in the first convenient spot they find (i.e. the side of a deserted road).

Since there is no crime scene, we don't know what he left or didn't leave. There could be personal things with her and things could be a mess. Right now, he strikes me as disorganized. He appears to have been in a frenzy when discarding evidence.

Just wondering why Tricia said on Levi's show that there was evidence the bag and phone were thrown from a fast moving vehicle? is this something I have missed in MSM or info Tricia has been made privvy to or is it a misunderstanding?

I think it could be anything from her jumping in the car happily at the end of the driveway because it's someone she knew to one or more people getting her into a vehicle by force. It'd take under a minute to scoop someone smaller up with your hand over their mouth and chuck them in a securable part of the car, get in yourself and drive off. The biggest threat being a neighbour seeing the vehicle or struggle. If it looked like a reasonable "out of place" type of vehicle such as a tradesmans van etc it would only look suspicious in retrospect. If they used a weapon she most likely would have gone silently if told to do so.

Perhaps the phone was in pretty bad shape with significant skid marks on it. I left my cell phone sitting on top of my car and drove off. It stayed in place until I was going 30 - 35 MPH. Even then it was in really rough shape.

Since there is no crime scene, we don't know what he left or didn't leave. There could be personal things with her and things could be a mess. Right now, he strikes me as disorganized. He appears to have been in a frenzy when discarding evidence.

I see it more as taunting.

I am just pondering and guessing at this point, But I cannot help but feel that she entered the vehicle willingly, and things went wrong almost immediately. I think he tossed the phone first enroute to where he was taking her, then out went the purse, question is where then, I notice that if you turn at Laguna where the purse was tossed you can get over the tracks, is there a way onto the hiway there or a way to a more desolate area. If he continued on straight from where the purse was tossed he would be getting into a city area, meaning people at that hour of the morning, I think where the purse was dumped is where he turned to head out.

I was just looking at the maps and the same thing struck me about the place where the bag was, that he took the opportunity to throw it out because he was slowing down to turn, or maybe give way? She may have been escalating her resistance and he wanted to get off the main road to secure her?

I still think it is possible he returned back along the blv once he was done and just got rid of it somewhere close by because he didn't want to evidence on him and Sierra is somewhere the bag couldn't easily be disposed of with her.

It seems pretty pointless to me to ditch a harmless bag of clothing, yet retain the girl...the bag could easily have been disposed of later, anywhere, and probably would never have been found, or linked to Sierra. I can't get what the big hurry to get rid of the bag could be. JMO

I still think it is possible he returned back along the blv once he was done and just got rid of it somewhere close by...

Respectfully snipped...

As I posted waaay upthread, I've also considered that the bag was left at a later time, not necessarily on the same trip as the cell phone toss.

Perhaps the phone was in pretty bad shape with significant skid marks on it. I left my cell phone sitting on top of my car and drove off. It stayed in place until I was going 30 - 35 MPH. Even then it was in really rough shape.

I think the condition of the cell phone was much as you describe...It was scratched-up at the very least. Sorry, I don't have a link to source my comment, but I believe one was posted way up.

~jmo~

I think the reason to get rid of the bag is not the bag itself, but what it can contain. It could contain a gps, a weapon, another phone..... I hate to keep bringing in my personal experience, but the one attacker with me was very concerned if I had a weapon on me. He asked me several times if i was packing, however he dumped my purse and said he could not believe I wasn't. I wonder if he was just concerned about anything that could help her resist him at that time.

I am right there with you. I am horrified how some teens talk nowadays and put it all out on the internet for everyone to read.

Thank goodness all of our grandchildren that have a FB accounts have me as their friend and I would faint if I ever saw any of them say such vulgar things and talk about drugs and alcohol.

But I do feel teens are under a lot more stress now and may just talk the talk trying to fit in with their peer group. It is sad that it has come to that but I do believe a lot of them are just trying to act like they are worldly and thinks its the only way to be 'cool'. :(

IMO

I am sure your grandchildren would never disappoint you, and that there really are a lot of great kids out there, but I do know that many kids who have "friended" a parent have the parent set up in a "group" that does not see certain posts or pictures that people in another "group" can see.

My daughter does not discriminate, and some days I wish she did. She is definitely a "WAY TMI" kind of girl and it can be... awkward. But I also have to say that she is the FIRST to tell her "friends" that if they do not take down a picture or reference to drugs or underage drinking or other illegal behavior on their pages, she will "defriend" them. And she's followed through.

Some of the most upsetting posts I have seen from her (my daughter), however have been the ones that sound "troubled". 99x of 100 I Google it and find it is a song lyric or movie line. I generally "identify" the source as a comment on the original post and she and her friends are AWED at the fact that I "recognized" it. *LOL* I am not doing it to impress them, I am doing it because it would appear to the general public that my kid is a major basket case if I didn't.

It seems pretty pointless to me to ditch a harmless bag of clothing, yet retain the girl...the bag could easily have been disposed of later, anywhere, and probably would never have been found, or linked to Sierra. I can't get what the big hurry to get rid of the bag could be. JMO

Interesting observation. Was it removed to take away her beloved items from her and make her sad/cry/plea which all plays into power over the victim?

We know the phone was tossed and that is obvious why that was done. She had GPS on it. Now, for the bag, I don't see a male caring one way or the other about the bag, but again, it was either done for control and to instill fear in her, which is usually the main goal of a perp.

He may have thought she had another phone or device to track them..and tossed it.

I am just pondering and guessing at this point, But I cannot help but feel that she entered the vehicle willingly, and things went wrong almost immediately. I think he tossed the phone first enroute to where he was taking her, then out went the purse, question is where then, I notice that if you turn at Laguna where the purse was tossed you can get over the tracks, is there a way onto the hiway there or a way to a more desolate area. If he continued on straight from where the purse was tossed he would be getting into a city area, meaning people at that hour of the morning, I think where the purse was dumped is where he turned to head out.

I really tried to get that scenario (willingly) to work at first but it just doesnt make sense to me.

First, I dont believe in coincidence and certainly not in criminal cases like this one. If we look at Sierra's morning based on the facts as we know it this was a typical morning for her. Up and dressed and then texting and tweeting before she walked out to catch the bus.

She wasnt going to skip school and be back by the time her mom came home. If that was the case there would be no need to take her books with her. I think Sierra had every intention of catching the bus that day to go to school.

I believe this is another case where the perp saw the opportunity to kidnap a young girl that was alone with no one around to see or hear a thing. They may have been watching her routine for quite sometime and even knew Marlene and Rick left for work early.

imo

I think the reason to get rid of the bag is not the bag itself, but what it can contain. It could contain a gps, a weapon, another phone..... I hate to keep bringing in my personal experience, but the one attacker with me was very concerned if I had a weapon on me. He asked me several times if i was packing, however he dumped my purse and said he could not believe I wasn't. I wonder if he was just concerned about anything that could help her resist him at that time.

First of all, I'm so sorry to read of your awful experiences as a victim twice, and so glad to know you were ultimately able to get-away.

I think you are right about the bag and whatever the perp imagined it could contain. Additionally, if it was tossed after Sierra was harmed, said perp would want to be rid of anything that could connect to her disappearance. An open field may have seemed a better idea because it was either readily available, enroute, near the cell phone, or just anywhere besides taking the risk of being seen at a city dumpster. IOW, the sooner the better.

~jmo~

Hey guys I am just recently into this case. I have followed a little bit. What was said on Sierra's twitter and stuff that has everyone concerned?

Whisperer,
If Marlene is holding something back, I am sincerely hoping its at the request of LE. I cannot see her holding anything back otherwise when everything and I mean everything is important in finding Sierra.

And I know I am going to get bashed but again, wish we knew more of the boyfriend. I know he has been cleared. But many have mentioned it could be a military man and from what I know the BF is/was Active National Guard, could it be one of his friends or associates?

.....me too....

Interesting observation. Was it removed to take away her beloved items from her and make her sad/cry/plea which all plays into power over the victim?

We know the phone was tossed and that is obvious why that was done. She had GPS on it. Now, for the bag, I don't see a male caring one way or the other about the bag, but again, it was either done for control and to instill fear in her, which is usually the main goal of a perp.

He may have thought she had another phone or device to track them..and tossed it.

I think when the purse was tossed whatever happened to Sierra had already happened and they were leaving the area. Instead of slinging the items out individually he put them all together making it much easier to toss all of it out at one time. That is one of the reasons I believe he is very organized. He is a thinker, imo.

IMO

This is probably just standard garbage (it's scattered all along this stretch of road) but I found an upside-down mattress off to the side of the road this evening: http://g.co/maps/b2qyx

I didn't flip it completely over, but it couldn't have been there too long based on the minimal wear (a few weeks). It was still white-ish.

Again, it's probably just garbage, but that is on the same road 2.2 miles North of where the bag/clothes were found. There were signs that a search team had already been in the area, but the mattress itself was not tagged like some of the surrounding bushes/fences/drains/etc.

#findsierra

JMO

Teens messing around with Stainless Steel Cuffs? :what:

Oh boy, I need to crawl under a rock somewhere. The things I am learning about teens is way too upsetting for me. I have a 21 yr old and have never heard such carp as I have in this case. I'm hearing her texting and tumbler is normal. This girl spoke of alcohol, drugs, foul language, rap, hip hop and I'm told this is normal.

What exactly is her group like? More, how many in her school are like this?

I am not naive enough to think there aren't kids who do drugs, drink, etc., but if this is the group she hangs with, there is a BIG problem. When my son and friends spoke of groups like this it was never in a good way. It has only been a few years since high school. Have things changed this much?

O/T

Interesting book by Lisa Bloom titled Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World

http://www.elle.com/Pop-Culture/Movies-TV-Music-Books/Lisa-Bloom-Book-Review

Snipped

"... young women would rather be hot than smart. Middle-aged women are too busy to think. And older women are exhausted and just want to zone out.” Bloom’s key recipe for mind retrieval is to read more, and read better. One disturbing stat from her book: Almost 25 percent of women ages 18 to 34 would rather lose their ability to read than lose their figure. And this response, she writes, may actually be rational, given “a culture that values a specific, high-maintenance feminine beauty over female brains.” In a chapter titled “What a Waste It’s Been to Lose Our Minds,” Bloom argues that the co-opting of women’s hard-won gains by a society that rewards us for embracing idiocy “without embarrassment” has repercussions..."

Okay been roaming around the dump areas for the items. If you go left on Laguna there is virtually nothing out there except a tag that says, "Wongs Market" and also a mobile home in some trees. I researched Wongs to see if it was open this time of year and Lo and behold, it is not there anymore, its on Fisher, so if Wong lived in that trailer, is it still there or is it inhabited. If not that would be the type spot I can see this perp taking her. I also went further out to see if a neighboring farm or house could see his vehicle there, not from what I can see. Has this area been searched? Do we know?

Also, because you get into a car willingly does not always imply that you know the perp. Idiot that I am I got into both vehicles willingly, but that was a big mistake. Let me tell you, bad guys are very good at appearing like good guys for just a minute, until they have you, then it changes from 0 to 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow