Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Dewayne Hall was a pudgy janitor with a beater van and an IQ of 80. Somehow he managed to abduct and murder at least 7 and perhaps as many as 40 women (the number he claimed) in the Mid-West between 1982 and 1994. Most of the victims were believed to have been abducted while alone on lonely roads.

The only murder he was convicted of was 20 year old Laurie Depuis who disappeared from Menasha, Wisconsin 1992. Hall said that he noticed her working in a mall; He waited for her in the parking lot and then followed her car to her boyfriend’s residence where she parked. He stops, parked, got out of the car and approached her as if he wanted to ask a question. When he was close enough, he grabbed her and forced her into his van. Her body was never found. The only reason he confessed is that he wanted to do his life sentence in Wisconsin rather than North Carolina where he had been doing life for kidnapping. He was caught because two girls noticed him following them and told their grandmother who called the police. No one ever reported seeing him abduct anyone and no forensic evidence was ever found.

Hall was no criminal genius but he was careful not to be seen when he made his move and not leaving forensic evidence. He was able to control women, get them in his car and make a clean getaway. He did this for years without getting caught.

I suspect the prep is going to turn out to be somebody like Hall.

I really tried to get that scenario (willingly) to work at first but it just doesnt make sense to me.

First, I dont believe in coincidence and certainly not in criminal cases like this one. If we look at Sierra's morning based on the facts as we know it this was a typical morning for her. Up and dressed and then texting and tweeting before she walked out to catch the bus.

She wasnt going to skip school and be back by the time her mom came home. If that was the case there would be no need to take her books with her. I think Sierra had every intention of catching the bus that day to go to school.

I believe this is another case where the perp saw the opportunity to kidnap a young girl that was alone with no one around to see or hear a thing. They may have been watching her routine for quite sometime and even knew Marlene and Rick left for work early.

imo

I agree; however, perhaps a distinction needs to be made, or rather a clarification, of the word "willingly" as used in this context. Altho a typical morning for her, Sierra may have entered the vehicle voluntarily based on a ruse...and very soon after, the situation worsened...

~jmo~

What's wrong with people? Tossing a mattress in a field? Stupid, stupid. Dollars to donuts they drove for a while before dumping it too....grrrr. Why there?

....So has it been picked up for testing yet? It may have been dumped AFTER the team searched. It wasn't tagged? It may be very fresh...

I am sure your grandchildren would never disappoint you, and that there really are a lot of great kids out there, but I do know that many kids who have "friended" a parent have the parent set up in a "group" that does not see certain posts or pictures that people in another "group" can see.

My daughter does not discriminate, and some days I wish she did. She is definitely a "WAY TMI" kind of girl and it can be... awkward. But I also have to say that she is the FIRST to tell her "friends" that if they do not take down a picture or reference to drugs or underage drinking or other illegal behavior on their pages, she will "defriend" them. And she's followed through.

Some of the most upsetting posts I have seen from her (my daughter), however have been the ones that sound "troubled". 99x of 100 I Google it and find it is a song lyric or movie line. I generally "identify" the source as a comment on the original post and she and her friends are AWED at the fact that I "recognized" it. *LOL* I am not doing it to impress them, I am doing it because it would appear to the general public that my kid is a major basket case if I didn't.

Yes that is true. That is when the parents have to be vigilant and make sure they know what their children are posting on a social networking site and believe me all of our children and their spouses are very computer savvy and all of their children know this.:)

Some children can even have their parents or grandparents as a friend but they never post to them. Now our grands constantly post to me along with their friends and that makes me feel good because their friends are also posting to them and can see they are not afraid to post to me just because I happen to be their Nannie. Now I try not to be a stick in the mud and I try to say comical things to them.

One of the older ones do like songs that I dont care for but then surprisingly even though I am way older than them some will put up youtube videos of songs that I loved back when I was young. lol

I am so glad to know your daughter calls them out when they put the wrong photos up or talks about drugs and alcohol. What they say on these kind of sites will follow them forever.

IMO

What's wrong with people? Tossing a mattress in a field? Stupid, stupid. Dollars to donuts they drove for a while before dumping it too....grrrr. Why there?

....So has it been picked up for testing yet? It may have been dumped AFTER the team searched. It wasn't tagged? It may be very fresh...

Mattresses cannot be donated to thrift (sanitary regulations) so they become a 'trash liability' once a person wants to discard an old one. Sure, one can pay a dump or a special trash collection fee, but might think it easier just to pitch it out in the middle of 'nowhere' to get rid of it immediately and for free. I believe mattresses are commonly found at free public dump areas, the ones ppl decide to create, not to mention most anyplace else.

~jmo~

Looking over the new posts today on this site, and international news this evening, nothing new has turned up in the searches or from anywhere and I am worried it is getting cold. I am praying and hoping as it's Easter this weekend, we may hear 'something'. I do not like comparing this case to Laci Peterson, but it was Good Friday when the news came - bad news yes, but there was an answer. Sierra's family, most especially her mother, sister, father and other relatives must be just so beside themselves waiting.

Like I have repeated over and over, it is so TRAGIC.

I looked at the map today of the area/neighborhood Sierra disappeared from, and I have to say -- it is quite rural and "remote" - even the walk to her bus stop, what a walk and what a rather lonely walk. All those strange looking buildings around the pastures/fields - what are those? This person was in the area watching her, I really really feel that the LE need to check and re-check any and all the neighbors AND ALL workers who were or are in that area - I feel the person was actually located alot closer to their house and managed to watch her routine every single day - I just feel this, and it has been mentioned here by a few sleuths also.

THEY NEED TO FIND AND STOP THIS CRIMINAL BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN.

Interesting observation. Was it removed to take away her beloved items from her and make her sad/cry/plea which all plays into power over the victim?

We know the phone was tossed and that is obvious why that was done. She had GPS on it. Now, for the bag, I don't see a male caring one way or the other about the bag, but again, it was either done for control and to instill fear in her, which is usually the main goal of a perp.

He may have thought she had another phone or device to track them..and tossed it.

I think he didn't want to be caught with it. When they first reported her disappearance, the pink and black juicy bag was included in her description, That was March 17. The bag was found March 18. It doesn't mean the perp didn't ditch it before then but that bag would stand out and he'd have to ditch it or find a good hiding place. IMO

Question for the locals: What crops grow out in these farms that are all over this area?

I would google it myself, but the goog maps doesn't have a zipcode.

The fields could be various produce or sod.
Gilroy is known for garlic & onions, but they also have artichokes, spinach, etc.

Right now, most fields don't have crops and are overgrown with weeds and wildflowers---thick, knee-high brush to trudge through. Mostly impossible to see anything on the ground from the street.

If he tossed the bag just in case it could contain another device, then he obviously did not have her undress and pack the clothes into it, or he would have known there was nothing of interest in there...JMO

I am thinking she was holding the bag and he just threw it, not knowing what it contained, or caring, just wanting it out of the car. Which would mean, in this case, Sierra packed the bag earlier. I think it was found too near the abduction scene to allow for her to undress, have the bag packed with the clothing, etc....as I still think the main idea would be to get far away from that nieghborhood...JMO

I really tried to get that scenario (willingly) to work at first but it just doesnt make sense to me.

First, I dont believe in coincidence and certainly not in criminal cases like this one. If we look at Sierra's morning based on the facts as we know it this was a typical morning for her. Up and dressed and then texting and tweeting before she walked out to catch the bus.

She wasnt going to skip school and be back by the time her mom came home. If that was the case there would be no need to take her books with her. I think Sierra had every intention of catching the bus that day to go to school.

I believe this is another case where the perp saw the opportunity to kidnap a young girl that was alone with no one around to see or hear a thing. They may have been watching her routine for quite sometime and even knew Marlene and Rick left for work early.

imo

Is there more than one way out of her street? If it was a random person and he saw an opportunity, wouldn't he be concerned his car might be identified by neighbors? Wouldn't he be concerned that she would see a car she didn't recognize and run back in? I don't know, anything is possible.

The crime lab is also processing a cardboard box labeled “stainless steel handcuffs,” and two used condoms found at the west end of Palm Avenue – also about two miles from Sierra’s home. Authorities have not confirmed if they think these items are related to the case, but they were sent to the crime lab anyway for forensic testing.

“The case is a top priority for the lab,” McCrary said. “They’re working on it daily during the week, on the weekends, and some evenings to expedite the work.”

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/artic...cle_ca679d8e-2290-5109-94e0-c2bc5c74622d.html

Wouldn't it be known by now whether or not these last found items are related to the case? Perhaps, simply not revealing.

We need to know if Sierra had a BF. She was ready to have one, imo. The hair, the make-up, etc.

Most of these cases, the media doesn't tell. You never hear from the BF either. Look at Holly Bobo...not once did they interview him on TV. He has never spoken one word. It is like he vanished into thin air...

In this case, we won't hear a word if he was a minor. BUT Sierra looked way beyond her years and may have liked older guys.

Most teenage girls talk to each other about BFs, IMO, unless said BF is someone that their "friend circle" would disapprove of. But even in that instance, the girl would have to communicate with the BF in some way ... texting/calling via cellphone or sending FB private messages. LE would have detected that. And although I'm not implying it, it could be possible that she liked girls vs. boys.

But IMO, it's more possible that something one-sided may have occurred, with a guy working in the neighborhood seeing and targeting her. But JMO, she would have given him her cellphone # ... unless they arranged to meet somewhere in person. ???

Sorry, I am catching up with this case since now I have some time.

Has LE checked the lake? Just the reservoirs, right? But no lake?

I think he didn't want to be caught with it. When they first reported her disappearance, the pink and black juicy bag was included in her description, That was March 17. The bag was found March 18. It doesn't mean the perp didn't ditch it before then but that bag would stand out and he'd have to ditch it or find a good hiding place. IMO

And it wouldnt be unheard of if this person has gone through the police roadblocks that have been setup.

They certainly wouldnt want to have anything that belonged to Sierra in their vehicle in case the police asked them if they could search their vehicle.

IMO

Does anyone know the actual reason why the urine question was even asked.. there's something to it. something leaked and this isbwhy they asked LE that question.. what was it that lead to it being learned there was possible urine.. I believe the bag was tossed much later..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties