Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but since when is .50 of rain considered a lot in these parts? It's not a lot of rain for that area. And certainly isn't enough rain to wash away scent.

Sorry but since when is .50 of rain considered a lot in these parts? It's not a lot of rain for that area. And certainly isn't enough rain to wash away scent.

And wasnt that for all day on the 16th? That is not very much rain at all and we all know it can rain pretty steady in some areas and just mist in other areas.

IMO

I feel it is someone that lives or works in Morgan Hill area and is familiar with all the back roads around the area.

IMO

SBM

It could also be someone who recently moved away from Morgan Hill, or specifically moved away from Sierra's neighbourhood. Still intimately familiar with the area but no longer hunting in their own backyard, so to speak.

And wasnt that for all day on the 16th? That is not very much rain at all and we all know it can rain pretty steady in some areas and just mist in other areas.

IMO
Yes, that was for a 24hr period. Not sure where that is pulled from either, so the number could vary quite a bit as the rain that day was very hit and miss. Some areas stayed virtually dry, while others just a few miles down the road got rained on.

http://www.kron.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3725

This is a re-post about the reward...also says it is based on Sierra being returned "Alive and Safe"...nothing about the conviction of an offender, etc...

Sadly, I dont think anyone will ever collect this money.

I have seen other rewards like this and it never materialized because either they never found the victim or when they did the victim was deceased.

I wish a big business owner would come out with a big reward that would pay off whether Sierra is alive or deceased.

imo

Bringing this post over from the prior thread.

If Sierra was going to get a ride to school then imo it would have to be with someone she knows rather well and with all of her friends in Fremont and MH being interviewed, some more than once, .......someone would have an inkling who this person could be and no one seems to have a clue. That is why I do not think she got into the car willingly.

As I have stated before nothing about Sierra's morning was unusual. She was up by six, talked with her mother, then got dressed, texted and tweeted but as soon as it is time for her to walk down that driveway on the way to the bus stop everything STOPS! No contact with anyone after then.

I just dont see Sierra hitching a ride with anyone unless it was someone that went to her school. She wouldnt go with someone who was older and out of school imo.

Sierra seems to be street smart. I am sure she knew teens could get in big trouble if they got into a car with someone they barely knew.

Imo, Sierra had every intention of going to school that day. That is why she took her books. That is why she contacted a school friend about school work, imo.

I really dont think Sierra was with him when he tossed her purse. I think he gathered up items he knew could be identified as belonging to Sierra and he tossed them as quickly as he could. I dont think he planned for the purse to get wedged in between the building and the cactus. That is just where it happened to land. He may have not even realized it had become wedged, but even if he did, he would not go back and get out to hide it again. He would toss it and be on his way pronto, imo.

If he took her out of the car at that point to put her in the trunk for example then the dogs would have found Sierra fresh scent in that area, imo.

IMO

But what about the books? The sheriff said the books were next to the purse. That indicates direct placement to me.

Yes, that was for a 24hr period. Not sure where that is pulled from either, so the number could vary quite a bit as the rain that day was very hit and miss. Some areas stayed virtually dry, while others just a few miles down the road got rained on.

That is so true. I can see it raining very hard sometimes down the road from us but we wont get any rain at all.

IMO

But what about the books? The sheriff said the books were next to the purse. That indicates direct placement to me.

I think she said :banghead: (sigh) "she" didnt know if the books were in the bag or not.

I put up a link earlier to what she said on Nancy's show. I will try to locate it again.

IMO

I get very exasperated with Sheriff Smith sometimes and I wonder why she is the spokesperson on this case when it comes to the national media. She is filled with "I dont know' and 'I'm not sure.'

Sheriff Smith admits she does not know.

SMITH: And a cactus, kind of a bush is where we found it. And I don`t know if the books were actually in the bag or -- but they were all found together.

But she sure doesnt think Sierra put them there, imo.

SMITH: I think it was around 7:11 to -- yes, 7:11. And we believe that she was planning to go to school based on the items that we found that we`ve discussed in the past, her school -- her school books. That`s why -- and after talking with all of her friends, she would have told somebody. We believe that it was an abduction.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

I am quotng my own post for Whisperer to see the link.

IMO

I'm seriously new here and wants to put in my less than two cents worth.

First, the bus. If she was the 8th stop, I doubt that the driver did anything but wait a minute or two. If she were the first stop, it may be likely the driver slowed down, checked down her road (maybe went down it but much less likely) and then proceeded to the regularly scheduled programming. When I was in high school (which was not long ago by anyone's standards) my sister was in middle school and we both took the same bus. We were both really polite and were the first stop on the route. We were in a kinda rural area, and our street was seriously difficult to maneuver. But we were on the top on this giant hill and my sister got hurt the first day going down (too steep for her) the driver decided to just come up and get us at the house. This lead to a few hold ups the first few days with her not knowing exactly how to get off our street. (It was kinda like a dead end road that had a dirt road coming off of it). The bus driver even knew about my "wild side" and we got along seriously awesome. Even though she KNEW I had a tendency to go out late on school nights, she always knew my sister and I would both be there. So much so that the one day we missed school due to illness, our father told the driver. If we were late she would honk her horn and give us 3-5 minutes. IMO that's a LOT of time. So basically, I guess that's a unique situation, and I doubt this is the same type of thing, but if I went missing in a before school napping (not that we know what this is) my bus driver would have literally called my father if my sister and I hadn't made it to first period. We were really the only ones who were respectfully and open with our driver enough to have that be the case. I am sorry for the poor formatting and rambling. I'm just trying to explain my experience.

Also, the bag. I'm thinking if what the "general information" of this case tells us is all we go off of I'm trying to (even though I know I never could) but myself in that situation.

We assume that her trail, therefore her walk that morning ends at her driveway. This leads to only one possibility. She was picked up either by force or by her own will initially.

Now I'm thinking about the phone. I grip my phone like it's literally keeping my heart beating and my lungs breathing. And I'm just going about everyday life. I have to just say that it may be an age thing, but you might break my darn fingers getting my phone out of my hands, and if I feel threatened, that's my only lifeline, so it's even more serious that teen/young adult phone attachment now! So either the perp asked her to throw it, or this may have been her first struggle (unless she is not anything like me and let it go without too much of a fight - which JMO I doubt). Maybe the clothes she had on were put in the bag, maybe not. But I think it's semi-likely she was the one who threw the bag. I'm just imagining the type of person who would do this and WHAT they would be feeling or thinking. I imagine panic and an overpowering desire to get out of town ASAP and get rid of identifying items or anything that could trace location. Phone first. Then maybe she was clutching her bag, just for some sort of comfort or grounding and they (they or them is always meaning he or she (him or her) not implying more than one person) tell her to throw it out of the window (maybe after the struggle them getting her phone they just decided to exert their control and not deal with another struggle).

Also, if she threw the bag, she may have been praying it would land somewhere noticeable, maybe even aiming for an area that it might become "wedged" if thrown.

All of this is my outrageous ramblings and opinions and my far-fetched idea that I can even imagine these situations.

I think she said :banghead: (sigh) "she" didnt know if the books were in the bag or not.

I put up a link earlier to what she said on Nancy's show. I will try to locate it again.

IMO

Didn't the sheriff say the books were next to the bag? She said the things were altogether in one spot. Oh Gad, I think I just deleted that tape last night...grr.

Thank you for the welcome!

I just wanted to comment on a couple things. When I was at the search for Sierra, I heard that Sierra never folds or packs her clothes neatly. I know that the NG show caused some confusion with the transcript being different from what Marlene actually said. I also heard that the bus driver waited at the bus stop for Sierra and when she didn't show up, the driver went by her house to see if she was just late coming out.

I spoke to Marlene and she did use the past tense when speaking of Sierra, but she would also talk about when Sierra comes home. It seemed to me that she didn't even realize she was using the past tense. I feel bad for Marlene. I can't even image not knowing what has happened to her daughter or where she is for over three weeks. I am amazed she is able to cope at all.

Yes, she did drive up to her house and waited a couple of minutes and then left assuming Sierra was home sick or not going to school for some other reason.

No, I learned this from a friend of the bus driver. She was working at the search all week.

BBM

Elphie, welcome to WS!

The part I bolded says to me that Sierra must have been a *very* regular bus rider or the driver would not have bothered swinging by her house. If Sierra was skipping the bus frequently, the bus driver would have just shrugged and driven on.

Also the bus driver coming to look for her shows it was probably unusual for her not to be there, so she probably did not take rides to school on any kind of a regular basis.

Sierra was the only child who used this stop, wasn't she? So it would be easy for the driver to notice her not being there, obviously, and probably she thought she would meet up with her down the street...it certainly does seem as though someone was waiting for her in a car...only no way to know if it was someone she recognized and quickly agreed to accompany, or something else...

The bus drivers in that school district have the addresses of the kids ? Have a friend who drives a school bus here in Seattle. She does not have any addresses, and can actually get put on suspension if she deliberately goes off route.... MOO

I dont believe they are allowed address of the students!
And they can wait at the bus stop or maybe another street but they cant go off their routes.

They wont even stop a block closer than the designated stop! lol

Have many years of experience with school buses,kids,etc. Drivers never would go off their route to check on any student. Think about it : would she do this with every kid ? What about if a kid is out sick ? Would she then check every day ? They would never get to school LOL... School buses operate on a strict route timetable. Parents have to be able to know when the bus will be at a certain stop. All of this is usually on the school district transportation website. In my experience they all operate on these guidelines...

Regarding the bus stop and the hearsay that has been kindly shared with us by one of the many who have spent time at the search center helping to find and bring Sierra home.. I appreciate your sharing this with us, Elfie.. I believe if true that it says an awful lot just as many above have mentioned in that it indicates Sierra was A very regular bus rider and not one who sporadically rode the bus.. if she had then IMO the driver would have never given a second thought to Sierra not being at the stop that particular morning..

As is also mentioned above regarding there being strict guidelines for the bus drivers to follow including strict time scheduling.. it varies widely and I believe words from Sierras own mouth disprove some of the claims about buses being held to such strict guidelines and time schedules.. as many will recall just a week prior to Sierra's disappearance there was a tweet sent from Sierra at 7:31am cursing about it being cold as she was waiting at the bus stop for her bus that WAS OBVIOUSLY LATE.. IMO this is the usual that buses do infact for a myriad of reasons stray from their tightly scheduled times and I find it absolutely believable that the bus driver drove by Sierra house..

Now with the info not having come straight from the drivers mouth to Elfie. But rather told her by a friend of the bus driver I believe it possible that maybe she did not drive all the way down into the cul de sac but rather pulled to the end of Sierras street and waited a few moments there where she could visibly see Sierra's house as well..

Lastly I will quickly make mention of a family friend who has not only been a bus driver for middle school/high-school students for well over a decade.. not only that but her route almost mirrors Sierra's rural area where her home and bus stop were located.. and Ill say that she, herself (bus driver) has stated that in having a very rural bus route that the stringent rules just do not apply.. that she regularly can and does make small detours or stops dependant on what's best for her students.. that driving by a students home would be no big deal at all.. and as far as the driver having the individual addresses of each student is not necessary in the least but rather over the course of weeks or months the driver becomes aware of many of the students actual homes.. there's nothing spooky about that.. what's spooky and sad is when you have someone driving the kids with nefarious thoughts on their mind.. but for a normal, even actually caring bus driver to have such knowledge of which house was Sierra's there is nothing wrong or nefarious about her knowing such.. nor IMO was there anything wrong or nefarious "if" she did in fact swing by Sierra's that morning to make surebSierra just wasn't running late..

Jmo, tho!

Didn't the sheriff say they were next to the bag? She said the things were altogether. Oh Gad, I think I just deleted that tape last night...grr.

Frankly, I fault Sheriff Smith with a lot of the confusion that has been created.

It is like she doesnt discuss the case with her detectives in detail and just ad libs when asked certain questions or does her standard "I dont know, Im not sure" I actually dont know where" etc. It frustrates me to no end.:banghead:

I really wish she would let her lead detective come on the talk shows instead of her showing up.

imo

I feel that the Sheriff knows the answers to many of the questions that she did not answer clearly, just did not want to answer them.

I feel that the Sheriff knows the answers to many of the questions that she did not answer clearly, just did not want to answer them.

JMO, but I think that there are much better ways to say that. Being the Sheriff on a high profile kidnapping case, it doesn't offer much confidence to say, "Oh I don't actually know about where that piece of evidence was found,".

I dont. Her own authorized personnel has already answered many of the questions she says she doesnt know the true answer to. It isnt like she is guarding some big secret. Most of what she says she does not know about has already been out there for some time.

Now I know she is over all cases that are happening in that area but she shouldnt come on a show and then confuse people about this case, imo.

JMO, but I think that there are much better ways to say that. Being the Sheriff on a high profile kidnapping case, it doesn't offer much confidence to say, "Oh I don't actually know about where that piece of evidence was found,".

Exactly. Be like a Sheriff and just say "I cant comment on that" and it makes her look totally uninformed especially concerning this case.

imo

If you pay close attention to Sheriff Smith when she speaks you will find that she says "I dont know for sure" "I think...' 'Im not sure.' very often and this shows me she is just the mouthpiece for the national media and it is really her detectives who are working the case that DOES KNOW.

Lt. Smith gets his information from the lead detectives who are working the case so I do believe him much more than "Im not sure" Sheriff Smith.

IMO

I did pay close attention and i don't believe she doesn't know. Same with her claiming not to know about the fingerprints or how long it takes to get the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth