Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but she could be wording it that way JIC Sierra ran away. She started her statement with whoever has her please let her go or something to that extent.

I dont see any clues in what her sister has said. I have seen other family members say something very similar when the media asked them to speak to their loved one in case they could hear them.

It is far better to cling to the belief that maybe just maybe Sierra left on her own than to believe she was kidnapped and mostly likely will never return home alive again.

I dont believe Danielle, Steve, Marlene or Rick have a clue what happened to Sierra or who took her away.

IMO

I thought about that too and i don't think she ran away but based on the reward wording of "first person giving info to her safe return" (something to that effect), it's pointing me in that direction that they feel she may have because of what happened. Sierra was portrayed as "strong-willed" and obviously wasn't happy with the move or her living conditions. She probably had more leniency at her dad's and had a lot of clashes with her mom. I'm feeling that something happened close to her disappearance. I'm not saying the mom or BF are responsible, but i feel strongly that Marlene is covering something up. JMO

Rewards can be sat up in different ways. Some will say 'for the safe return' and some will say 'any information leading to xxxxxs recovery or information leading to the whereabouts of...xxxxx. I thought the flyer said 'for information leading to the recovery of Sierra' or something like that.

I think if she was this unhappy that she would put her family through all this pain and worry her friends would know that. Girls seem to confide in friends way more than guys do and Sheriff Smith said they have talked with all of her friends and no one believes she would run away. That is one of the reasons they believe she was abducted along with finding the evidence they have.

IMO

I was thinking if Marlene last saw Sierra at 6am and the last photo was posted at 6:29 am, would that give the average teen enough time to be dressed and ready for school, especially when the leave time is around 7:15am according to Marlene. Would she get dressed so early?
Marlene said Sierra was in her pjs when she left, could she be in her pjs in that photo? I see lots of teen girls wear a top and pj pants to bed. Sierra looked like a nice dresser in her other photos, would she wear that to school?

It would certainly be enough time to pickout what she was going to wear and get her clothes on for the day by 6:39 am, imo. That would give her approximately 35 minutes to do her hair and get her makeup on if she wore any and still have time to contact a friend at 7:11 before walking out the door to catch the bus.

IMO

I believe the post that described the abductor as tossing Sierra's cell in a gesture of "I'm the one in control here!" was exactly right. Of course he or she was concerned about cell tracing but this was a demonstration of who's in charge. I think there was a lot of that attitude behind the throw.

The other piece of valuable evidence is the J.C. bag and I don't think we have gotten to the bottom of that discard, not at all. I put out my ideas on it but those were just thoughts. I think the bag with the neatly folded clothes deserves a lot of study.

Rewards can be sat up in different ways. Some will say 'for the safe return' and some will say 'any information leading to xxxxxs recovery or information leading to the whereabouts of...xxxxx. I thought the flyer said 'for information leading to the recovery of Sierra' or something like that.

I think if she was this unhappy that she would put her family through all this pain and worry her friends would know that. Girls seem to confide in friends way more than guys do and Sheriff Smith said they have talked with all of her friends and no one believes she would run away. That is one of the reasons they believe she was abducted along with finding the evidence they have.

IMO

The "safe return" is common but the "first person" i haven't seen before. If they think it was an abduction, how many people would likely know about it so they'd have to specify that only the first person would get the reward? If she was a runaway, then it's likely that her network of friends might know where she is, then that "first person" scenario would fit. JMO

I have stated that i don't think she was planning on running away.

Have been lurking for some time. Now have to put my 2 cents in. Are we focusing on the bus because there is so little info to focus on? Thoughts about neighbor's yard and scent: Could she have almost escaped into neighbors yard and was captured and thrown in the car? Would the knowledge we have about scents permit this scenario? I feel it was either a total stranger abduction or perhaps some of her former unsavory friends in Fremont seeking revenge. The strangest thing is the juicy bag and books. IMO no one has really come up with a scenario that really makes a lot of sense. There must be important information that is being withheld. I feel this is probably a very important clue and it would be great if we had more info to go on.

Have been lurking for some time. Now have to put my 2 cents in. Are we focusing on the bus because there is so little info to focus on? Thoughts about neighbor's yard and scent: Could she have almost escaped into neighbors yard and was captured and thrown in the car? Would the knowledge we have about scents permit this scenario? I feel it was either a total stranger abduction or perhaps some of her former unsavory friends in Fremont seeking revenge. The strangest thing is the juicy bag and books. IMO no one has really come up with a scenario that really makes a lot of sense. There must be important information that is being withheld. I feel this is probably a very important clue and it would be great if we had more info to go on.

That is an interesting thought about her maybe trying to escape and running into the neighbors yard. I wish we knew which neighbors were home and awake at that time.

The "safe return" is common but the "first person" i haven't seen before. If they think it was an abduction, how many people would likely know about it so they'd have to specify that only the first person would get the reward? If she was a runaway, then it's likely that her network of friends might know where she is, then that "first person" scenario would fit. JMO

I have stated that i don't think she was planning on running away.

This money came from donations didnt it?

Maybe the money was given specifically for a reward for the safe return of Sierra.

That means it will only be awarded to someone if Sierra is found alive.

I have seen a lot of rewards set up like this and then some will be for any information leading to the whereabouts of the victim. Which means the reward will be given even if the victim is found deceased.

IMO

I believe the post that described the abductor as tossing Sierra's cell in a gesture of "I'm the one in control here!" was exactly right. Of course he or she was concerned about cell tracing but this was a demonstration of who's in charge. I think there was a lot of that attitude behind the throw.

The other piece of valuable evidence is the J.C. bag and I don't think we have gotten to the bottom of that discard, not at all. I put out my ideas on it but those were just thoughts. I think the bag with the neatly folded clothes deserves a lot of study.
bbm... ITA agree with you Tuba... and the bag discard (along with the reporter question about urine possibly being on these neatly folded clothes) makes me just go :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: I, too, don't think we have gotten to the bottom of the bag toss or what it means/how it happened, etc

eta: remember how Elizabeth Smart was made to change into those robes after she was abducted? I am thinking this may be something along the lines of what happened? (just a thought here..../thinking out loud) Very possible that she was lured into the car and made to change into something else and the bag tossed on the egress. :moo:

further eta: if her family knew that she was not the type to "neatly fold" her clothes that could well have been a message she was trying to send to them... like this isn't me that did this? another thought

This money came from donations didnt it?

Maybe the money was given specifically for a reward for the safe return of Sierra.

That means it will only be awarded to someone if Sierra is found alive.

I have seen a lot of rewards set up like this and then some will be for any information leading to the whereabouts of the victim. Which means the reward will be given even if the victim is found deceased.

IMO

I don't know anything about rewards but the way it's worded is odd. JMO

Hiya Redbird! Glad to see you putting in your 2 cents worth here. Yeah, you are right... there is so little new information that we are grasping at straws.

If she had fled into a neighbors yard then the scent dogs would have followed her scent instead of it stopping at the end of her driveway.

I dont think anything is being withheld although if the labs can find trace or DNA evidence on the purse and contents that certainly will be a major break unless the DNA found is not entered into any criminal data bank.The police will not reveal those results. imo

I first thought it may be someone from Fremont but all of Sierra's friends have been interviewed, some more than once, and LE has come up with no one that would do this.

That makes me think this is someone from the Morgan Hill area and not Fremont. Someone that knew Sierra caught the bus by herself. I do not think Sierra even knew the person. It doesnt take but a mere few seconds to grab a victim and pull them into a vehicle and be gone without a trace. Sierra would be completely caught of guard and by the time she realized what was happening it would be too late for her to escape.

IMO

The bus drivers in that school district have the addresses of the kids ? Have a friend who drives a school bus here in Seattle. She does not have any addresses, and can actually get put on suspension if she deliberately goes off route.... MOO

Sierra was the bus driver's first pick up and she was the only one that got on the bus at that stop. Maybe that is why she paid more attention to Sierra not being there and knew where she lived. Sierra's house is also very close to the bus stop.

bbm... ITA agree with you Tuba... and the bag discard (along with the reporter question about urine possibly being on these neatly folded clothes) makes me just go :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: I, too, don't think we have gotten to the bottom of the bag toss or what it means/how it happened, etc

I don't think we're gotten to the bottom of anything. Just when something appears to be a fact, it's refuted. The end of the driveway opposed to just knowing she got out the house. The text saying she was meeting a friend before school for homework purposes, sheriff saying it was about bringing something to school. Who the photo was sent to, was it mom or friend? Did BF leave before, after, or at same time as mom? These are the things that make my head spin. I don't have any better idea of what happened to her than i did when she first disappeared.

Sierra was the bus driver's first pick up and she was the only one that got on the bus at that stop. Maybe that is why she paid more attention to Sierra not being there and knew where she lived. Sierra's house is also very close to the bus stop.

I am not sure if it is true that wss the first stop. Someone posted upthread a bit that they found the bus route on a web site and it was actually the 8th stop.

I don't think we're gotten to the bottom of anything. Just when something appears to be a fact, it's refuted. The end of the driveway opposed to just knowing she got out the house. The text saying she was meeting a friend before school for homework purposes, sheriff saying it was about bringing something to school. Who the photo was sent to, was it mom or friend? Did BF leave before, after, or at same time as mom? These are the things that make my head spin. I don't have any better idea of what happened to her than i did when she first disappeared.

None of us know what happened to Sierra nor does the police but I am not confused about the facts we have been given.

Lt. Smith said that the scent ended at her driveway. I believe that.

We do know she texted a friend discussing school work. I believe this happened at 7:11 am.

The photo was sent to a friend. I have never seen one video where Marlene said it was sent to her nor read a transcript where she said that. I saw one link from the DailyMail that said that and it was not in quotes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

LAMAR: And she also took -- it was on her laptop, a picture of herself around the same time, close to the time that she texted her friend from school before leaving for the bus stop. And...

GRACE: So you have her alive and well at what time, about 7:10, snapping that photo of herself?

LAMAR: At 7:15 because she was always in a rush to go to school. So I`m pretty sure it was probably 7:15, as far as, you know, doing that stuff. It was after -- like, close to 7:15, when that -- as far as the timeline.

GRACE: Did she attach a message with the photo that she texted to her friends?

LAMAR: That I don`t know. But I know that the photo was taken right before she left for the bus stop.

So imo, the photo was sent to a friend and not to mom which makes a lot more sense to me anyway.

Marlene has consistently said that Rick left before her. Last Friday after keeping up this pace for three weeks she misspoke imo. She had already said twice before then that he left before her and then she got it backwards. But she also reiterated that "LE knows" and imo they do know. Also Marlene knew very well that Sheriff Smith was also on Nancy's show and listening to what she said.

Therefore: I believe Rick did leave before Marlene, which is understandable since he is in construction and Marlene has a regular shift job.

So for me each day becomes clearer.

Now if we could just know what happened to Sierra and who took her that would be the best thing to know out of all things.

imo

None of us know what happened to Sierra nor does the police but I am not confused about the facts we have been given.

Lt. Smith said that the scent ended at her driveway. I believe that.

We do know she texted a friend discussing school work. I believe this happened at 7:11 am.

The photo was sent to a friend. I have never seen one video where Marlene said it was sent to her nor read a transcript where she said that. I saw one link from the DailyMail that said that and it was not in quotes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

LAMAR: And she also took -- it was on her laptop, a picture of herself around the same time, close to the time that she texted her friend from school before leaving for the bus stop. And...

GRACE: So you have her alive and well at what time, about 7:10, snapping that photo of herself?

LAMAR: At 7:15 because she was always in a rush to go to school. So I`m pretty sure it was probably 7:15, as far as, you know, doing that stuff. It was after -- like, close to 7:15, when that -- as far as the timeline.

GRACE: Did she attach a message with the photo that she texted to her friends?

So imo, the photo was sent to a friend and not to mom which makes a lot more sense to me anyway.

Marlene has consistently said that Rick left before her. Last Friday after keeping up this pace for three weeks she misspoke imo. She had already said twice before then that he left before her and then she got it backwards. But she also reiterated that "LE knows" and imo they do know. Also Marlene knew very well that Sheriff Smith was also on Nancy's show and listening to what she said.

Therefore: I believe Rick did leave before Marlene, which is understandable since he is in construction and Marlene has a regular shift job.

So for me each day becomes clearer.

Now if we could just know what happened to Sierra and who took her that would be the best thing to know out of all things.

imo

Those things are not clear to me. Sheriff Smith is specifically asked if the scent goes to the bottom of the driveway and she responds that shes not sure of how far it goes. I'm not taking one sheriff's word over the other. I remain confused.

GRACE: OK. So I`m just trying to figure out that timeline. We know her last text and e-mails were around 7:11, 7:15. So in the space of being (ph) to the school bus stop at 7:25, this all goes wrong.

It`s my understanding that dogs picked up her scent to the bottom of the driveway, is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: They did pick up her scent going out of her house. I`m not sure how far the scent had gone. And there`d been a lot of rain and wind that day.

Those things are not clear to me. Sheriff Smith is specifically asked if the scent goes to the bottom of the driveway and she responds that shes not sure of how far it goes. I'm not taking one sheriff's word over the other. I remain confused.

GRACE: OK. So I`m just trying to figure out that timeline. We know her last text and e-mails were around 7:11, 7:15. So in the space of being (ph) to the school bus stop at 7:25, this all goes wrong.

It`s my understanding that dogs picked up her scent to the bottom of the driveway, is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: They did pick up her scent going out of her house. I`m not sure how far the scent had gone. And there`d been a lot of rain and wind that day.

If you pay close attention to Sheriff Smith when she speaks you will find that she says "I dont know for sure" "I think...' 'Im not sure.' very often and this shows me she is just the mouthpiece for the national media and it is really her detectives who are working the case that DOES KNOW.

Lt. Smith gets his information from the lead detectives who are working the case so I do believe him much more than "Im not sure" Sheriff Smith.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member