Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bus drivers in that school district have the addresses of the kids ? Have a friend who drives a school bus here in Seattle. She does not have any addresses, and can actually get put on suspension if she deliberately goes off route.... MOO

I'm kind of wondering about this too because I looked at the bus route, and the bus travels in the opposite direction of Sierra's house (I.e., the bus driver would pass Sierra's street before reaching the bus stop). The next bus stop is at the next intersection after Sierra's (so a block away). Depending on the terrain, etc, I would think those kids could maybe see the bus as it pulls up to Sierra's stop (if there are kids there). It would be awkward for the bus to come to Sierra's stop, turn around in possible full view of the kids at the next stop, and backtrack to Sierrra's house. I guess it's possible, but seems a little unlikely to me.

We have that type of system. The driver's are under the same type of rules as regular school bus drivers. The fees are paid at the school office,or it can be online. At no time would a school bus driver have a child's address.They are also not supposed to be "chatting" with any of the kids while they are driving the bus. I do not understand why this issue keeps getting raised..Any school bus driver has to operate on a tight,regulated schedule, for the sake of the kids and their parents.....Just some thoughts...

I think they do chat with the kids while they often sit and wait at a stop. Our driver was sometimes a couple of minutes early and sat and waited so the others didn't miss the bus.

Also, the drivers do need to have some kind of communication and rapport with the kids. There is a lot of bullying on the busses and a lot of misbehavior that goes on. The drivers need to have some rapport with the kids to keep things safe and civil on the bus.

The driver knew where our neighbor with the broken leg lived because he could see him in his rear view mirror coming out his front door and hobbling down the long block. I guess he just felt bad sitting there in his bus at the end of the street and watching the poor kid with a leg cast struggling down the whole block with a backpack and crutches.

Again I will ask, with little hope of acknowledgement, WHERE DID THE ONFORMATION THAT SIERRA LEFT THE HOUSE IN GREY SHOES COME FROM? Obviously I know it is listed in NAMUS, but how did it GET there? Who provided the information? When? How can they be sure? If they do not even know what pants or shirt she was in, how can they be sure she had on grey shoes. If they found her red Converse at home, that explains why they know she did not have them on, but what makes them SO SURE she had on the grey shoes when they seem to know so little else about her attire?

Not implying anything here, but LE has to check into everything and everyone surrounding the case. A woman I used to know was attacked and raped by the driver of a school transport van for the handicapped.

--------------------
That is a heck of a good question. And also, I have wondered this: Sometimes there is one lone child at a bus stop waiting.

When I was 15, I was the only one at the bus stop. There were no other houses around our home. I caught it on the main highway in front of my parents property. The nearest home was probably 2 miles away.

One of our grandsons catches the bus where no other kids do. I am sure this happens quite often in rural areas.

IMO

So, that brings us back to one of the square one starting places.

Could she have gotten a ride with someone who claimed to be connected with the school in some way?

Was Sierra the first student on the bus every morning? Were there not any other bus-riding kids that can verify that Sierra didn't get on the bus? TIA

In the case of the child with the broken leg, I'm thinking his mom would have called transportation, and they would have okayed it.It sounds like a special concession,due to that child's injury,and mom's inability to get him to the stop.One of my neighbor's kids is in a wheelchair, and the driver does not stop at his house,we see him going to his bus stop. But, in my experience a transportation district would never okay a driver to decide,on a whim, to drive to a child's address. Even if the driver had the address.Which they wouldn't...sigh...

She didn't call the transpo office. The bus driver just took pity on the poor kid because he could see him in his rear view mirror struggling down the block. All the driver had to do was park at the beginning of the block, as opposed to the end. And none of the other kids objected to it so he just did it himself.

I agree that the story about driving to Sierras seems odd though. Especially because the driver would be backtracking. I could see pulling over if it was already on the route, and you were not going backwards. But it is hard to imagine the bus going backwards on the route, with a half a bus full of kids and the rest watching it turn around.

Not implying anything here, but LE has to check into everything and everyone surrounding the case. A woman I used to know was attacked and raped by the driver of a school transport van for the handicapped.

Interesting!
If i remember correctly this bus driver when interviewed said she drove sierra for 6 weeks.
Hope they spoke to the one that drove her before that.

She didn't call the transpo office. The bus driver just took pity on the poor kid because he could see him in his rear view mirror struggling down the block. All the driver had to do was park at the beginning of the block, as opposed to the end. And none of the other kids objected to it so he just did it himself.

I agree that the story about driving to Sierras seems odd though. Especially because the driver would be backtracking. I could see pulling over if it was already on the route, and you were not going backwards. But it is hard to imagine the bus going backwards on the route, with a half a bus full of kids and the rest watching it turn around.

I can see with little children like elementary school but not HS!
Heck i have seen bus drivers make kids run for the bus lol!

Thank to the posters who have given information about the school bus issue...

Out of curiousity, I called the Transportation Department at the Morgan Hill Unified School District office. The transport director told me :

1. No, a driver would NEVER go to a student's house if that student was not at their designated bus stop.

2. It is actually ILLEGAL, in that district, for a bus to pick up students at any stop other than stops that are approved by the California Highway Patrol.

He also said I wan't the first caller he had about this, LOL, but he was emphatic that the bus driver did not go to her home... Sadly it is probably just a rumor..MOO I think there is a lot of "if only " happening here. Because if the driver actually had done so, she might have seen something important...

I was thinking if Marlene last saw Sierra at 6am and the last photo was posted at 6:29 am, would that give the average teen enough time to be dressed and ready for school, especially when the leave time is around 7:15am according to Marlene. Would she get dressed so early?
Marlene said Sierra was in her pjs when she left, could she be in her pjs in that photo? I see lots of teen girls wear a top and pj pants to bed. Sierra looked like a nice dresser in her other photos, would she wear that to school?

Interesting!
If i remember correctly this bus driver when interviewed said she drove sierra for 6 weeks.
Hope they spoke to the one that drove her before that.

It wasn't an interview. A woman saying she was Sierra's bus driver left a message on the find sierra facebook stating that.

That same woman has FB and is posting flyers and messages to help find Sierra and shows the school bus she drives in Morgan Hill, Ca.

Her sister is saying the same thing she did from the beginning about no one being mad. IMO something happened with the mom or BF, a huge argument or something. That could explain why Marlene's behavior is odd and she's defensive of the BF. JMO

JMO but she could be wording it that way JIC Sierra ran away. She started her statement with whoever has her please let her go or something to that extent.

I was thinking if Marlene last saw Sierra at 6am and the last photo was posted at 6:29 am, would that give the average teen enough time to be dressed and ready for school, especially when the leave time is around 7:15am according to Marlene. Would she get dressed so early?
Marlene said Sierra was in her pjs when she left, could she be in her pjs in that photo? I see lots of teen girls wear a top and pj pants to bed. Sierra looked like a nice dresser in her other photos, would she wear that to school?

I thought the same. It looks like a sleep shirt its very large, also the lack of makeup! JMO

I dont think she would wear that to school1

JMO but she could be wording it that way JIC Sierra ran away. She started her statement with whoever has her please let her go or something to that extent.

I thought about that too and i don't think she ran away but based on the reward wording of "first person giving info to her safe return" (something to that effect), it's pointing me in that direction that they feel she may have because of what happened. Sierra was portrayed as "strong-willed" and obviously wasn't happy with the move or her living conditions. She probably had more leniency at her dad's and had a lot of clashes with her mom. I'm feeling that something happened close to her disappearance. I'm not saying the mom or BF are responsible, but i feel strongly that Marlene is covering something up. JMO

Any recent news reports in that area of people impersonating police officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59