Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gad, I don't want her clamming up. We've got that in all the cases. I say let her talk. I'm pretty sure she said the books were there. We've all heard it before but most thought they were in the bag. There is no way school books were in the bag we were shown...unless they were paperbacks...which I doubt.

We heard her books were there from the beginning..now, some are doubting they were there at all. Is the general thinking that if the books weren't in the bag, then they weren't there?

I think the books were located with the bag as the Sheriff stated (at least that is what I think she said) They would not fit in the bag described to us. She said everything was found together.

Regarding the bus stop and the hearsay that has been kindly shared with us by one of the many who have spent time at the search center helping to find and bring Sierra home.. I appreciate your sharing this with us, Elfie.. I believe if true that it says an awful lot just as many above have mentioned in that it indicates Sierra was A very regular bus rider and not one who sporadically rode the bus.. if she had then IMO the driver would have never given a second thought to Sierra not being at the stop that particular morning..

As is also mentioned above regarding there being strict guidelines for the bus drivers to follow including strict time scheduling.. it varies widely and I believe words from Sierras own mouth disprove some of the claims about buses being held to such strict guidelines and time schedules.. as many will recall just a week prior to Sierra's disappearance there was a tweet sent from Sierra at 7:31am cursing about it being cold as she was waiting at the bus stop for her bus that WAS OBVIOUSLY LATE.. IMO this is the usual that buses do infact for a myriad of reasons stray from their tightly scheduled times and I find it absolutely believable that the bus driver drove by Sierra house..

Now with the info not having come straight from the drivers mouth to Elfie. But rather told her by a friend of the bus driver I believe it possible that maybe she did not drive all the way down into the cul de sac but rather pulled to the end of Sierras street and waited a few moments there where she could visibly see Sierra's house as well..

Lastly I will quickly make mention of a family friend who has not only been a bus driver for middle school/high-school students for well over a decade.. not only that but her route almost mirrors Sierra's rural area where her home and bus stop were located.. and Ill say that she, herself (bus driver) has stated that in having a very rural bus route that the stringent rules just do not apply.. that she regularly can and does make small detours or stops dependant on what's best for her students.. that driving by a students home would be no big deal at all.. and as far as the driver having the individual addresses of each student is not necessary in the least but rather over the course of weeks or months the driver becomes aware of many of the students actual homes.. there's nothing spooky about that.. what's spooky and sad is when you have someone driving the kids with nefarious thoughts on their mind.. but for a normal, even actually caring bus driver to have such knowledge of which house was Sierra's there is nothing wrong or nefarious about her knowing such.. nor IMO was there anything wrong or nefarious "if" she did in fact swing by Sierra's that morning to make surebSierra just wasn't running late..

Jmo, tho!

Respectfully, I did find out this morning that the driver did NOT,in fact, drive to Sierra's house.Unfortunately...

I also say this has to be a staged scene. The purse and the books together...placed there to show Sierra is gone and was taken. Placing them together demonstrates carefullness. The perp was not in a rage at the time of placement.

Respectfully, I did find out this morning that the driver did NOT,in fact, drive to Sierra's house.Unfortunately...
Thanks for the update liz..

A large bus, wouldn't make it, considering the size of the street..

Also, about the books. If they were "next to the bag" and not "placed next to the bag" I can say this much. When I was in school (even now in college) I put EVERYTHING including super heavy college books that almost stretch my bag. I just don't like to carry more than one bag (or my books - I prefer to use my hands for texting), and if I have one that's big enough, I'll put what I can in it. Sometimes I'll put more in that my shoulder can even handle and end up carry some in the bag and some in my hands. So if we can't say she "carried her books" I would entertain the idea that she had her books in her bag, but the bag isn't meant for books, so being thrown the books would fly as soon as the bag was air-bound, or they would come out of the bag as it landed in a bit of an "explosion" of books. This all depends on the book size and how they were placed in the bag. Again, this is if they were not "placed next to the bag"

So if the bag was wedged the books could still be "near" and have it all have been one swift motion (the bag throwing and books going).

This is good to know, it's hard not to dwell on rumors like that.

I find this case refreshing because we don't have LE saying, "I can't comment on that because we have an ongoing investigation"....:banghead: Sooner or later, we will get to that point, but is great that we have LE talking.

I did pay close attention and i don't believe she doesn't know. Same with her claiming not to know about the fingerprints or how long it takes to get the results.

There is no way she would know the exact date the fingerprint results would be sent back to LE.

It is a waiting game. Usually lab results can take up to 8 weeks and even if they are rushed it can take up to four weeks and they arent just testing for fingerprints either. They will test for any trace evidence such as fibers .hair.......and DNA hopefully including touch DNA and test for bodily fluids to determine what type they are.......... belonging either to Sierra or the unknown perp.

Labs sends the results back of what all was sent to them at one time. Not just fingerprints. After they complete the tests on the purse and contents they will start on the other evidence sent in later. (condoms-handcuff box etc.)

So I dont believe she knows much at all. Most of the things she says she doesnt know have long been released by her own authorized staff.

I have watched countless sheriffs over the years and I have never seen one that appears so inept as Sheriff Smith does.

IMO

Excellent points here. IMO the reporter who asked about urine on the clothing did not do so based on the use of the word "secreted". Um,after all, aren't words the stock in trade of reporters ?

The fact that LE refused to comment on the urine question tells me that either there was urine on the clothing. Or,LE is keeping this a secret,known only to the people who abducted Sierra. Guess it helps to eliminate people who might "confess" later...

MOO

I wonder if the bag and/or clothing were somewhat damp when found and whoever was speaking behind the scenes to the reporter who asked the question speculated that perhaps they were damp with urine.

I think it's an excellent filtering device for false confessions.

I find this case refreshing because we don't have LE saying, "I can't comment on that because we have an ongoing investigation"....:banghead: Sooner or later, we will get to that point, but is great that we have LE talking.

Well........we sure dont get many that sits there on national media shows and says over and over again on every show they are on that 'I dont know' 'Im not sure' 'I actually dont know where....' :)

I dont know which is worse .........'No comment" or 'Im not sure or I dont know.':banghead:

...I have my doubts about her carrying that bag anyway. That Juicy bag did not match her outfit, not even close. To a well-renowned, well dressed, high maintenance girl, I have always been confused on why she would pick that bag, that day. To confuse matters more...all that was in were clothes.

IMO, books would not fit in that bag. I have seen PICS of her and she carrys her books by themselves.

How did a stranger get her, her cell phone, her books and her purse to all go with her at the same time? There had to be a struggle and if the dogs are correct, it had to have happened in the driveway. I can't see anyone struggling and jumping out of a vehicle to get her stuff and man handle her at the same time.

I think she kept the phone with her....that was thrown away. Later the other things were retrieved and placed where they were found.

Also, about the books. If they were "next to the bag" and not "placed next to the bag" I can say this much. When I was in school (even now in college) I put EVERYTHING including super heavy college books that almost stretch my bag. I just don't like to carry more than one bag (or my books - I prefer to use my hands for texting), and if I have one that's big enough, I'll put what I can in it. Sometimes I'll put more in that my shoulder can even handle and end up carry some in the bag and some in my hands. So if we can't say she "carried her books" I would entertain the idea that she had her books in her bag, but the bag isn't meant for books, so being thrown the books would fly as soon as the bag was air-bound, or they would come out of the bag as it landed in a bit of an "explosion" of books. This all depends on the book size and how they were placed in the bag. Again, this is if they were not "placed next to the bag"

So if the bag was wedged the books could still be "near" and have it all have been one swift motion (the bag throwing and books going).

I can't see anyone stretching a Juicy Couture Bag like that though. If we knew how the books were found, it would help. Were they stacked? It didn't sound like the books were strewn all over. I think they were placed there.

Also, no mention of make-up, keys, brush in her purse...just clothes.

I personally don't think Sierra ran away. But let's say she did plan a day trip with someone over 18, dressing up and taking along a more casual change for her return. If that day trip turned into spending the night together and sex, the someone could face charge a rape charge. Once her disappearance made the news, the someone could have freaked. Add in that this is a young woman with asthma, who apparently didn't have her inhaler.

I once took my son's friend who has asthma on vacation with us. He had forgotten his inhaler. I was so mad at his mother, who hadn't checked his bag. And at him, though he was like 11. The cabin we were in was dusty and full of cat danger. He was allergic to both. It was TERRIBLE.

In other words, one bad situation might have lead to another. I'm still not leaning toward such a scenario, BTW. But I suppose it's possible.

Have many years of experience with school buses,kids,etc. Drivers never would go off their route to check on any student. Think about it : would she do this with every kid ? What about if a kid is out sick ? Would she then check every day ? They would never get to school LOL... School buses operate on a strict route timetable. Parents have to be able to know when the bus will be at a certain stop. All of this is usually on the school district transportation website. In my experience they all operate on these guidelines...

I think it depends on the district.

Lo, these many years ago when I rode the bus as a middle schooler, the neighbourhood and route were such that the bus driver could (and did) make an extra swing around it just in case any kid was late. It only took an extra couple minutes, it didn't mess with the schedule and there were usually a couple kids every week who were soooooo grateful.

When I look at the bus schedule and map, Sierra's stop was about 75% of the way down the list and on a fairly straight shot for the school (not likely to be trapped in traffic). If the bus driver was a little bit early, it would be a kindness to give the kid a little extra chance.

Of course, until/unless this goes into the MSM, it's only a rumour.

It has been said Sierra did not use her purse to put her books in. She carried them in her arms.

It makes perfect sense to me that the perp knew he need to rid himself of any identifying items belonging to Sierra. School books, bra, panties, shirt, purse and pants. Why throw them out individually when he knew he had to get rid of her purse too. This is a medium large purse yet if he had just balled up the clothes they would not have fit in the purse and when he tossed them out of the vehicle they could have come loose and landed very close to the road in plain sight.

If the books were not in the purse with them being much heavier than the clothing and purse they would have landed in a different area and not wedge in the very same place between the building and cactus.

And LE certainly doesnt believe they were placed there by Sierra because they believe Sierra was abducted and no abductor is going to let Sierra run loose so she can hide her purse and contents. Only an abductor would do that hoping they wouldnt be found and he did get them out of plain view. Imo, the wedging between the building and the cactus was just happenstance when he threw them. That is simply where they landed, imo.

IMO

(choppy snip) Add in that this is a young woman with asthma, who apparently didn't have her inhaler.

I once took my son's friend who has asthma on vacation with us. He had forgotten his inhaler. I was so mad at his mother, who hadn't checked his bag. And at him, though he was like 11. The cabin we were in was dusty and full of cat danger. He was allergic to both. It was TERRIBLE.

In other words, one bad situation might have lead to another. I'm still not leaning toward such a scenario, BTW. But I suppose it's possible.

I don't know Sierra, but on this thought (not to run with it) maybe she wanted (for some reason or another) to rebel, or even just relax, or find independence, as we are known to do at that age (especially after a move or fight with parents). If we're going on just a theory of her willingly getting in the car with a boy to skip school (or maybe she planned on going to school but they talked and decided not to). A good bit more kids would smoke cigarettes or (especially in some places I've lived) marijuana than most of their parents would think. Maybe she wanted to try it, or just was in a room with people using and had an asthma attack. Then the items were brought back because kids are idiots and do the worst possible thing in situations of perceived guilt or real guilt.

Or maybe she's left with a guy and is scarred of repercussions... (we can only hope)

I'm not sure if her phone was left at the scene when she left it, but just a stretch she could have thought her mom may have been able to track where she (sierra) is and if she (mom) found out she skipped class she didn't want to be found location-wise. Deal with the consequences when I'm ready kind of mentality.

Sorry for my randoms. I just want to try and think outside the box on this one.:blushing:

...I have my doubts about her carrying that bag anyway. That Juicy bag did not match her outfit, not even close. To a well-renowned, well dressed, high maintenance girl, I have always been confused on why she would pick that bag, that day. To confuse matters more...all that was in were clothes.

IMO, books would not fit in that bag. I have seen PICS of her and she carrys her books by themselves.

How did a stranger get her, her cell phone, her books and her purse to all go with her at the same time? There had to be a struggle and if the dogs are correct, it had to have happened in the driveway. I can't see anyone struggling and jumping out of a vehicle to get her stuff and man handle her at the same time.

I think she kept the phone with her....that was thrown away. Later the other things were retrieved and placed where they were found.

There is no sign of a struggle so we don't know there was one. If she knew the person why would she ? I still think the books were in the bag when she went out the door. That way she would have one hand free for her phone . We all know she loved her phone.

I personally don't think Sierra ran away. But let's say she did plan a day trip with someone over 18, dressing up and taking along a more casual change for her return. If that day trip turned into spending the night together and sex, the someone could face charge a rape charge. Once her disappearance made the news, the someone could have freaked. Add in that this is a young woman with asthma, who apparently didn't have her inhaler.

I actually think one of the worst mistakes that LE made early on was speculating she could have gone with someone willingly. There is absolutely no evidence that she would go with someone that absolutely no one in her life knows about. Nothing found on her cell phone. Nothing found on her computer.

Her very best friends and family have been interviewed and none of them think she would do this, and they would know if she was the type to do this, and if she was, who she would go with.

Imo, they have done a great disservice to Sierra and what really happened to her. Nothing points to her leaving willingly with someone. It is like LE pulled that theory out of thin air. Even now they say she was abduted and being abducted is nothing about going willingly.

What evidence is there that she went willingly with someone? Nothing..not one thing.

IMO

That was the type of transpo system we had in our school district too. And there was a little bit more leeway. When our neighbor broke his leg he was going to wear his cast for several months. His mom could not drive him all of that time. So his bus driver started picking him up in front of his house. It was against the rules, and he even told the other kids on the bus that he was breaking the rules, but asked if any of them had objections. I guess he was covering his bases with them.

But That makes me wonder---weren't there any other kids on the bus at the time she went to Sierra's?

Sierra's stop was about 75% of the way down the list of stops, so I would imagine so.

However... if my kid was riding a bus that another teen had disappeared just minutes before she was supposed to get on it, I think my logical mind would say "probably no increased danger to my child" but my emotional brain would be screaming "ain't NO WAY my kid is going to get exposed via the media because I don't want him/her to be next!"

Moo regarding the sheriffs statements. .

While I see that there may have been a better way for her to answer some of the questions. .she by far is not the worst I have seen or heard when answering questions about an ongoing investigation.. that said I don't understand why it seems so far fetched for parts of the investigation to may have changed.. throughout investigating it is very possible that certain issues or details may have been uncovered or brought to light about the investigation.. therefore the status of certain people or issues could have changed.. that regularly happens in an ongoing investigation.. the investigation does not remain the same.. it progresses and in that progression information is learned that they did not have in weeks prior when possibly other statements were made.. it could change drastically or it could change just enough for LE to no longer feel comfortable stating that ANYONE IS IN THE CLEAR AT ALL. .

this is SOP as in when new details come to light it quite possibly changes the direction or avenue that a case is currently on.. does it not seem natural that LE would have learned much more than what they knew two weeks ago when they made a statement? Of course it does..jmo..

Just as cluciano posted the other day about the Vilet case.. LE went from saying the dad/stepdad Was in no way a suspect in the investigation.. to that later changing to LE stating he was a POI. . It happens..this is what occurs throughout a investigation.. there is new info that is learned that can change the status of the case. . I personally cannot cling to statements as absolute fact in knowing weeks have passed, much info has been learned, and for whatever reasons LE now states THAT NO ONE IS IN THE CLEAR..

*as a sidenote I am not one whose main theory involves the stepdad and that's not what I'm aiming at as the objective of my above post.. my point is that nothing remains the same.. there is a natural progression where much info is learned that wasn't available to LE early on.. this info could very drastically change the status and direction of the case.. IMO LE obviously are no longer comfortable stating that ANYONE is cleared or not still being looked at.. it appears as tho they are still very thoroughly investigating all avenues.. why the change? IMO due to new info being learned while investigating Sierra's disappearance.. IMO there's nothing hinky or unusual about that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member