Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need confirmation of exactly what Sierra was wearing when she left. We have to assume the heavy sweatshirt was one thing, simply due to Marlene not denying it.

I think the Mom is genuinely a bit confused about when the picture was sent. Sierra sent another text at 7:11 I believe that was not related to the picture. I think in her extreme grief and stress Mom conflated the 7:11 text and the picture sent earlier. Very understandable to me, but I do believe LE is correct that the picture was sent earlier than right before she walked out the door.

I winced at a few of the articles saying investigators are looking for where the body was dumped. I know I am a softie, but couldn't they sugar coat that just a little? Maybe I am not ready to start thinking of Sierra as a body that was dumped somewhere even if rationally I know that is probably the case.

It sounds like LE knows a lot more than we do and I genuinely hope that leads to Sierra.

Mom speaks of Sierra in past tense Could LE have told them they do not belive she is alive?

We need confirmation of exactly what Sierra was wearing when she left. We have to assume the heavy sweatshirt was one thing, simply due to Marlene not denying it.
That would be so nice, but I'm not sure we'll ever get it. Heck, I'm not sure anyone knows for sure...

Lots of boxers out there doing SAR work, there's even a few that are FEMA certified in Disaster...

Was just reviewing some earlier media reports on this that are in the the Timeline thread (can go back to the first Thread)

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-deputies-search-santa-clara-co-for/vGZ6t/

This early report right after it happened includes a video on the ground view and of search.
This really gives an upclose view for those not located there.
Thanks to the administrators keeping this material collected for archive!

I think the Mom is genuinely a bit confused about when the picture was sent. Sierra sent another text at 7:11 I believe that was not related to the picture. I think in her extreme grief and stress Mom conflated the 7:11 text and the picture sent earlier. Very understandable to me, but I do believe LE is correct that the picture was sent earlier than right before she walked out the door.

I winced at a few of the articles saying investigators are looking for where the body was dumped. I know I am a softie, but couldn't they sugar coat that just a little? Maybe I am not ready to start thinking of Sierra as a body that was dumped somewhere even if rationally I know that is probably the case.

It sounds like LE knows a lot more than we do and I genuinely hope that leads to Sierra.

There was a tweet sent at 6:29 am (no picture), 6 "something" a post was made to her Tumblr (no picture), a text around 7:00 am and another text at 7:11 a.m. ONE of the two texts was the picture.

The exact location of the purse (on Laguna between the metal shack and the cactus) gives us a little more insight into what has happened.

That was a "pretty good" place for the perp to put the purse if he didn't want if found "any time soon". If it was some sort of "staging", the perp would have left it more out in the open. Of course, there are better places to have hidden the purse. He could have taken it to where ever he was taking Sierra. Purses are easier to hide than bodies. I think he just wanted to get rid of it quick. Since, presumably, he had Sierra with him, it doesn't seem like the purse was all that important. He could have been concerned that a second phone or other GPS was in the purse and pitching it was easier than going through it. He might have been concerned that something from the purse might fall out on to the floor of his car and later be used to link him to Sierra.

It is surprising that he was driving on Laguna at all; it is a cul de sac. There is the possibility that his destination was east on Laguna. Hopefully everyone who lives there, all structures and farms etc were thoroughly checked out.

It is possible that the perp turned right on Laguna because he thought it would lead to the Freeway or Monterey Rd. Hopefully people on Laguna were questioned about a strange vehicle that morning.

It is possible that the perp used that location to either better secure Sierra or actually remove her clothes or sexually assault her. It seems a little too exposed for that and the dogs detected no scent and there was no other evidence.

There is the possibility that the perp returned with the purse later after news of the extensive search got out, to deliberately allow it to be found. This would be extremely risky. Police and residents would be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. Also, there does not seem to be anything to be gained by that sort of staging.

The most likely explanation I can think of is that the perp wanted to get rid of the purse ASAP and there was no vegetation or other suitable place along Sta Teresa to pitch it where it wouldn't be quickly noticed. There may have been some traffic along Sta Teresa and he didn't want to be noticed.

It occurred to me that he might have dumped the phone and purse along a northerly route in order to set a false trail north while he turned around and headed south. If this were the case, the purse would not have been hidden so well. I think his planned destination was to the north.

That would be so nice, but I'm not sure we'll ever get it. Heck, I'm not sure anyone knows for sure...

It's a process of elimiation. Between her mother, her sister and store receipts, it may take awhile but could be done. Who shopped with her? Who cleans her room? Who washes her clothing? Look at all the pics. Trust me, her friends at both school would know her clothing.

Just now jumping in so sorry if someone already said this.

Why would an abductor toss the bag?? The phone, OK, if he ripped it from her hand and threw it. But the bag and its contents are just another clue to where they might be headed or went - direction, itinerary, etc. One would keep it, hide it, destroy it... so either this was a very inexperienced abductor, or she managed to do it - or it was planted. I think it's option three, sadly.

I made a promise to myself never to get emotionally involved in another case. Yet here I am. I have a new theory based on speculation only.

She left to go to school that day. left to catch the bus like she always did, that morning, the day before last week before she came missing.
She was taken somewhere murdered. and her personal items were discarded along the way after the fact. There tests prove to them beyond a reasonable doubt she was wearing those clothing items they found. And when she is found, she will be found wearing only her socks.

They may find her shoes before her. I hope they do before they find her and stop searching to give them to the mother.

The mother hopes to find a necklace of hers, but mentioned nothing of other clothing. Because I believe she knows those clothes found were worn by her daughter that day.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

I refuse to accept any excuses on this case as far as not knowing what she was wearing when she left. She just moved to Morgan Hill and somebody helped her put away clothes and very likely purged the old ones....same with shoes.

.nope..one thing we know for certain is that picture was not "text" from her phone.. the photo was sent from her laptop..
There was a tweet sent at 6:29 am (no picture), 6 "something" a post was made to her Tumblr (no picture), a text around 7:00 am and another text at 7:11 a.m. ONE of the two texts was the picture.

I made a promise to myself never to get emotionally involved in another case. Yet here I am. I have a new theory based on speculation only.

She left to go to school that day. left to catch the bus like she always did, that morning, the day before last week before she came missing.
She was taken somewhere raped and murdered. and her personal items were discarded along the way after the fact. There tests prove to them beyond a reasonable doubt she was wearing those clothing items they found. And when she is found, she will be found wearing only her socks.

They may find her shoes before her. I hope they do before they find her and stop searching to give them to the mother.

The mother hopes to find a necklace of hers, but mentioned nothing of other clothing. Because I believe she knows those clothes found were worn by her daughter that day.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

Is there a description of a necklace? I haven't heard this before..

Ransom can you link me to that article? That is definitely new information for me-I tried looking at the last few pages but none of them mention it.
I thought the picture was sent from her laptop around 630 and then the tweet at 711 had no picture attached.

.nope..one thing we know for certain is that picture was not "text" from her phone.. the photo was sent from her laptop..

You can "text" from a laptop. It didn't go through a "tweet" since we can read them.

I hope the next interviewer ask Marlene directly if that Jersey is Sierra's and if it's still missing...

What size clothing does Sierra wear? I wonder it is a size 0. What about her shoe size? That would be good to know.

thank you, whisperer! i promised myself not get overly interested ever again too.. but here I am.

I'm from the Bay Area but live far away now and because of that am just getting up to speed on all this - thanks to all of you. Here are the facts that jumped out at me (as I missed much of the earlier speculation). 1) Dogs lost her scent at the driveway. 2) She sent a text within 15 minutes of not getting on the schoolbus that LE will not disclose. Personal and other items are found by searchers - sometimes where they had already searched before?

I think LE know exactly what happened here and are just... waiting. They want to be sure the prosecution is water tight.

another aside... This is a girl who is up at 6am to leave the house at 7.15am for the bus... chances are IF she packed the spare clothes herself- she would probably have folded them neatly... It's only a few items... ( the bra still causing me grief though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18