Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the sweatshirt is the only clothing item mentioned on the FBI site, no pants, no shoes, nothing else.

Nancy Grace also did not bring up the other clothing..only the shirt in one interview. Although I haven't seen her show for several days, so not sure if she brought them up in another show.

Well, why did she drive to the school hours after the bell would have rung
to see if she missed the bus coming home?
Why did she text to see if she got home OK at 3:45 if she thought she was supposed to be spending the night away?

I don't think she could have ever thought the clothes were for spending the night away.
What she implies are the clothes are possibly "borrowed" from a friend or being lent to a friend.

There are too many conflicting scenarios that revolve around the bag.
I call it gilding the lily when I see this type thing.

It is obvious to me that Marlene fully expected Sierra to be at home that day after school.

Marlene did say that sometimes Sierra borrowed clothes but that was at the first of the case and by now she knows the clothing belongs to Sierra, imo.

IMO

One process that continued for awhile was the sale of neighbor's real property in March. That would have brought people into the cul de sac who would never have been there otherwise. Maybe passing acquaintance was struck with an agent.

Very good point. Excellent, in fact.

Normally, I think people living on a little cul-de-sac like that would tend to notice any strange vehicles or traffic.

Repeated showings would tend to habituate everyone who lived there to seeing strange cars, particularly if pulled up into that driveway.

Things people are habituated to, they tend not to really observe. It's part of the expected environment and most people have other things to think about.

I dunno but a lot of the older teens I know go out to someone's car during lunch and charges their phones. Phones to kids nowaday are a life line and I think they are so afraid the battery is going to die and they will miss a text or voice message.

I dont know why they dont just charge it up at night though.

IMO

One thing this suggests to me is that Sierra might have been texting old friends in Fremont, hence the need to charge her phone often. Some kids do text at school and get away with it. Some kids even text each other when in close proximity, sometimes even when in the same car. I've never really got that, but I've watched it happen.

Nancy Grace also did not bring up the other clothing..only the shirt in one interview. Although I haven't seen her show for several days, so not sure if she brought them up in another show.

IMO: the only reason they brining up the shirt is because that is the shirt seen in the photo ... Either they have it in their possession or they don't and they are looking for it....

They can't bring up any other item because it was not seen in the last photo taken of Sierra.. There is no description of the jeans she wore that day...

I am very suprised at the man hours that have been put in for searching for Sierra. LE/FBI must have something in my opinion or I do not believe they would continue to search like they are.

I was reading back over some articles about all the things that has been found so far and when reading about placement and where these items were found it is like it has been staged, with the exception of the cell phone. Placed where the perp believes is a good spot to throw investigators off.

I am begining to wonder if we are dealing with a perp who has done this many times, it gives me the creeps frankly.

Well, why did she drive to the school hours after the bell would have rung
to see if she missed the bus coming home?
Why did she text to see if she got home OK at 3:45 if she thought she was supposed to be spending the night away?

I don't think she could have ever thought the clothes were for spending the night away.
What she implies are the clothes are possibly "borrowed" from a friend or being lent to a friend.

There are too many conflicting scenarios that revolve around the bag.
I call it gilding the lily when I see this type thing.

As in unnecessary talk from us the posters or unnecessary excuses surrounding the bag period

Originally Posted by Tuba
One process that continued for awhile was the sale of neighbor's real property in March. That would have brought people into the cul de sac who would never have been there otherwise. Maybe passing acquaintance was struck with an agent.
Very good point. Excellent, in fact.

Normally, I think people living on a little cul-de-sac like that would tend to notice any strange vehicles or traffic.

Repeated showings would tend to habituate everyone who lived there to seeing strange cars, particularly if pulled up into that driveway.

Things people are habituated to, they tend not to really observe. It's part of the expected environment and most people have other things to think about.

I would hope FBI and LE had checked with the real estate company regarding persons who may have viewed the home. Also, the perp could have stopped Sierra to ask her about the status of the house or if she liked the neighborhood for example. A perfect opportunity to snatch her.

I think Whisperer mentioned upthread that one of the neighbors comes out every morning to pick up the newspaper.

Does anyone know what time the newspaper is delivered to those homes?

Also, what day and time is trash collected on Sierra's street?

As in unnecessary talk from us the posters or unnecessary excuses surrounding the bag period

As in the bag having the appearance on the one hand of her planning to be somewhere else. As in the extra set of clothes including underwear.
But, at the same time missing the things it OUGHT to have such as keys, wallet, make-up and other essentials.

Then, it being stashed not in the open where any passerby might pick it up
and make off with it, but giving the impression she became a victim of an abduction.

As though on her way to running away or skipping school, she was abducted.
But, neither scenario really works, then.

That's what I mean by "gilding the lily".

As in the bag having the appearance on the one hand of her planning to be somewhere else. As in the extra set of clothes including underwear.
But, at the same time missing the things it OUGHT to have such as keys, wallet, make-up and other essentials.

and make off with it, but giving the impression she became a victim of an abduction.

I agree...it seems too staged to me...if they had only found the phone, it would be one thing, but finding the bag as well makes it just too weird for me. JMO

BBM...

How do you know those things were not in her bag? Did LE specifically say there were no keys, no wallet, etc in the bag, or is that just an assumption being made because those items were not mentioned?

I agree...it seems too staged to me...if they had only found the phone, it would be one thing, but finding the bag as well makes it just too weird for me. JMO

Right.
Because to imagine an abductor would think to set up a migrant worker by choosing that location and stashing the bag, but keeping her toothbrush, mascara and her housekeys and maybe let her keep wearing her gray shoes, but nothing else is just ludicrous!

I found that to be a strange notion.
That she would need to carry a charger to school.
It's not as if they'd let her plug it in.
Don't most people charge overnight?

My son, who is a high school student, charges his phone at school quite often. He just isn't allowed to use it during class, and it has to be in silent mode while he's there.

Our local news just said that searchers searched a shooting range and a quarry just south of her home. No link yet that I could find.

On another note, if LE wants to know which agents showed the home for sale, they can ask the local real estate board for that data which will show the date, time and agent who used the lockbox.

The only problem with this is then there would be fingerprints in the house other than the family. If she was going a friends after school she could have used their charger I have done that in the past.

BBM....

Only if the friend has the same kind of phone. Otherwise she couldn't plug the charger into her phone. In my home, all 4 of our cell phones use a different charger....none of them are interchangable.

BBM...

How do you know those things were not in her bag? Did LE specifically say there were no keys, no wallet, etc in the bag, or is that just an assumption being made because those items were not mentioned?

They haven't been mentioned.
LE said the bag had clothes, and books and that was about it.

Why would those items be a secret?
I would think it helpful to know what you are searching FOR when you are a volunteer. Are they being asked to look for her wallet, her car keys, etc?
Is the public? So they aren't mentioned as being missing nor found.

[/B]

BBM....

Only if the friend has the same kind of phone. Otherwise she couldn't plug the charger into her phone. In my home, all 4 of our cell phones use a different charger....none of them are interchangable.
Pretty sure the Galaxy uses the micro USB cable, which has become pretty standard among smart phones.

I hate that I can no longer find anything through the search (my fault, NOT the search's) but I thought at least one quote about the bag said it had clothes and other typical stuff. Or something along those lines. That would make me believe that typical Purse stuff was found in addition to the clothes and typical purse stuff would be some sort of wallet, lip gloss, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop