Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's some significance to the perp choosing Friday to abduct her.

I think so. Because the normal farm workers were working in a different location that was planned that day. They were working in Bailey.

It's not all that rural of a town. It just seems like it when looking at google.

I wonder if there's some significance to the perp choosing Friday to abduct her.

Maybe farm hands aren't around on Fridays is what I heard? I'll drive by on Friday and see what the farm activity is like.

Not sure what else would be different on a Friday. Hmm.

If there was another phone in the mix, that could also explain why she had no charger for the Galaxy. Just a theory.

Can you expand on that? What are your thoughts?

Just wondering if Friday was specifically chosen. Could it be that Friday was his day off? Could it be that he knew the field workers (is that what they're called?) wouldn't be in the area that day? What made him choose that day?

LOL, I've got my droid charging right now with the same type of charger that a whole list of phones that friends have. It also fits the Galaxy, as a friend has one. Guess it depends on the droid.

ETA-referring to the end that actually goes into the phone, which is a micro-usb. Also used with blackberries and about 50 other phone models.

That is true. I use the same charger for both my Galaxy and my Kindles and anything else that needs charging.

Just wondering if Friday was specifically chosen. Could it be that Friday was his day off? Could it be that he knew the field workers (is that what they're called?) wouldn't be in the area that day? What made him choose that day?

Maybe he had just been plotting it for awhile and it was his last chance before the weekend. ..

Off topic....
I have a box of old chargers from various phones that won't work for any of my family's newer phones. Maybe we can set up a cellphone charger swap on WS! LOL

OT Side note: I bought my mother a Galaxy for Mother's Day last year. She never took it's charger out of the box, because she said the charger she already had for her existing LG worked for the new phone.

Umm... yeah. Until 6 months later when the phone completely messed up and it was because she had been using the wrong charger. She now has to remove the battery from the inside of the phone and charge it manually because it ruined her charging port. (And yeah... she's too much of a tight wad to have it repaired.) But seriously though... why not just use the right charger if you have it?

I have an iPhone, and I won't even use the off brand stuff that says it's compatible.

On topic... I am grown, too... and I take my charger with me if I'm going to be gone a while. I have a car charger as well, but my battery will run down if I don't charge it midday if I am using the phone a good bit, especially for social media.

A farm worker does not work for me (no pun intended...)
For one thing, I think he would be so anxious to get out of there, before his vehicle was noticed, that he would not have hidden/stashed/tossed the bag. It just doesn't feel like that to me. And only JMO.

Maybe farm hands aren't around on Fridays is what I heard? I'll drive by on Friday and see what the farm activity is like.

Not sure what else would be different on a Friday. Hmm.

That would be amazing, thank you!

For one thing, I think he would be so anxious to get out of there, before his vehicle was noticed, that he would not have hidden/stashed/tossed the bag. It just doesn't feel like that to me. And only JMO.

True, but the farms closest to where Sierra was taken from are pumpkin farms, and pumpkin season ends in March. Usually migrant workers leave and travel throughout the state for new, in season, crops. Not hammering into this could be a farmworker, but it's defiantly a thought to keep on the table. In fact, to me, it's the SCARIEST one, because Sierra might never be found in this case.

Originally Posted by Tuba
One process that continued for awhile was the sale of neighbor's real property in March. That would have brought people into the cul de sac who would never have been there otherwise. Maybe passing acquaintance was struck with an agent.

I would hope FBI and LE had checked with the real estate company regarding persons who may have viewed the home. Also, the perp could have stopped Sierra to ask her about the status of the house or if she liked the neighborhood for example. A perfect opportunity to snatch her.

With MLS listings easily available to anyone with an internet connection, it wouldn't be difficult for almost anyone to pretend to be a real estate agent.

All they'd have to do is drive a car that's not a total clunker, business dress, pull up into the driveway and spend half an hour pretending to wait (in reality, observing the neighbourhood).

They haven't been mentioned.
LE said the bag had clothes, and books and that was about it.

Why would those items be a secret?
I would think it helpful to know what you are searching FOR when you are a volunteer. Are they being asked to look for her wallet, her car keys, etc?
Is the public? So they aren't mentioned as being missing nor found.

Just from my own (unverified) experience...

Sometimes LE tells searchers to be on the lookout for specific items. This tends to be true when the victim is thought to have wandered away on their own (such as someone with Alzheimers).

Just as often, though, LE doesn't say a word.

If you think about it, searchers are quite often not just looking for things associated with the victim, they are also looking for anything that might be associated with the perp.

If you tell people to be on the lookout for certain items, you greatly decrease the chances they will notice any item that was not specified.

Just from my own (unverified) experience...

Sometimes LE tells searchers to be on the lookout for specific items. This tends to be true when the victim is thought to have wandered away on their own (such as someone with Alzheimers).

Just as often, though, LE doesn't say a word.

If you think about it, searchers are quite often not just looking for things associated with the victim, they are also looking for anything that might be associated with the perp.

If you tell people to be on the lookout for certain items, you greatly decrease the chances they will notice any item that was not specified.

That is soo so true.

I don't think it was a farm worker either. Who said it was? Hmm, IMO a farm hand wouldn't have the means to pull this off with what little we do know.

He doesn't have to be a worker but may know their schedule.

Definitely statistically way more likely to be a man. I would be very surprised if this was a female working alone. I could see a mix (male and female) being involved though due to a few details in the case. Plus, never say never. Even statistics are wrong sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey