Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good grief. I would simply like it verified that there is water in the pond behind that particular building. Being that those shots don't have the building in them as well, I am not taking that as confirmation. I do not trust the media to label things right, for good reason. I am NOT saying it is empty, only that it could be one that is (there are lots out there that are), and that google is not a good way to determine what something looks like now, cuz most of their shots are NOT current. If someone local already knows the answer, that would be fantastic. For some the media shots with captions are enough, it's not for me, maybe I'm just too picky.

sarx, what particular bldy? Are you speaking of the one where the bag was found? If so, I didn't notice a pond but would be glad to confirm it for you ASAP.

sarx, what particular bldy? Are you speaking of the one where the bag was found? If so, I didn't notice a pond but would be glad to confirm it for you ASAP.
Yes, that would be the one. Le were swarming that area with SAR that day, so I'm sure it was covered, but it's just bugging me. So often they end up right under our noses, kwim?

There's an old small pond behind the building where the bag/books were found. But it's not being maintained and didn't look like it was holding much water. Better photos tomorrow folks.

There's an old small pond behind the building where the bag/books were found. But it's not being maintained and didn't look like it was holding much water. Better photos tomorrow folks.
Thanks! It doesn't take much water, especially when it's nasty to conceal things (including evidence).
Be careful.

Very true but that house sold on March 12. 4 days before Sierra disappeared. Don't know if that house had a quick closing or the owners still lived there or was vacant.

I wasn't thinking of the perp pretending to be a realty agent for the abduction itself; I was thinking in terms of how to scope out the neighbourhood without being remembered.

Even if the owners were still in residence, real estate agents *vastly* prefer the owners to be out of the house while they show the property.

So if the perp was pretending to be a realtor in order to conduct surveillance in the days or weeks before they struck, all they'd have to do is drive up. If the owners were home, just drive on by.

If the owners are not home, pull into the driveway, start pretending to wait.

Just the act(s) of being there openly on a few occasions, with an obvious reason, could also cause Sierra to feel a little less suspicious of them or, at least, their car.

Maybe this person wasn't familiar with the roads. He tossed the phone and then darted down Laguna thinking it would go all the way through and he could get to the freeway/highway. Instead he sees there are homes and no way out so he turns around. Just thinking out loud here...Sierra might have been trying to reach in her bag and find something that would help her. So he got rid of it.

Adding: Whisperer, I thought someone posted a house for sale down towards the end of Laguna or Fisher, whatever it is called, and said there were some expensive homes on that road. What were the gated areas?

I saw that. They are on Dougherty...and are beautiful. The one for sale is at the end. That Dougherty, off Laguna, is only about 1 block long. There is another Dougherty where Paque Empansa it..and that is off Scheller...where Scheller dead ends, curves and turns into Dougherty.

Dougherty is broken x2 by wide open fields.

The gates put up by public utilites are at the end of most street when you drive towards the hills. Sierra lived oppostie. Her house was at the RR tracks. It appears the fields are between the RR tracks and the lush green hills. This is not a huge area...a few miles long at best.

If that pond behind the building does still have water in it, then IMO it should be drained. What else is down Laguna???

I SO agree. Drain that sucker. JMO. YAY!! We agree!!!

Laguna/Fisher sort of dies into a "dead end", but I DO NOT agree with the dead end thing. It's so easy to follow the "path/Lane" around the fields that parallels Montgomery. I followed it all the way around but I live in a state/county/place that doesn't have many paved roads. Driving that (not even 4-wheel drive) would be a piece of cake to me. THAT lane/path (whatever you want to call it) is essential to getting equipment/bailers into those fields.

I do that here in NM. I cut/maintain little "roads" to get to my hay fields. I have to get bailers/bull dozers/tumble bugs/ ME into my fields. There is not much difference between the agriculture in CA/NM other than they way we supplement water and the altitude. I flood irrigate from snow melt with gates/flow/regulated and CA seems to use "catch basins" and pipes to get the water to the "crops" or side arms to water.

MAP again. Follow Laguna/Fisher to the dead end. Then go UP and keep going. It's so possible, but maybe that's my world of no paved roads?
Santa Teresa Blvd & Laguna Ave, Coyote, Santa Clara, California 95037 - Google Maps

Regardless of toss or thrown, one thing is for sure,they were not thrown while driving down ST. So why pull down there to place/toss the bag?

Perhaps to better secure Sierra in their vehicle?

If the perp pulled her in through the window of the vehicle, they'd want to leave that vicinity immediately, just in case a witness came along (or was dialling 911).

Get the cellphone away from Sierra, pitch it out the window.

A minute or two, the shock may be wearing off or the perp may be afraid it is. So pull over by an abandoned building, use zip ties or something similar to secure Sierra, grab the purse, get it out of the vehicle and go again.

I am thinking the perp wanted to put as much distance from the scene of the crime as possible without attracting attention. Every mile they go makes a police roadblock less likely (if there was an unseen neighbour dialling 911 after they saw Sierra abducted) and also triples the search area.

Taking a minute or two to stop and better secure Sierra could have been a balancing of risks.

Yes, that would be the one. Le were swarming that area with SAR that day, so I'm sure it was covered, but it's just bugging me. So often they end up right under our noses, kwim?

IIRC, it was SAR that found the bag..

My car is back in the shop tomorrow but if there is something specific you need me to check out, I'll give it a try on the weekend.

Thank you! Really nice of you to offer. :) I have a list lol j/k

:offtobed:

I SO agree. Drain that sucker. JMO. YAY!! We agree!!!

Laguna/Fisher sort of dies into a "dead end", but I DO NOT agree with the dead end thing. It's so easy to follow the "path/Lane" around the fields that parallels Montgomery. I followed it all the way around but I live in a state/county/place that doesn't have many paved roads. Driving that (not even 4-wheel drive) would be a piece of cake to me. THAT lane/path (whatever you want to call it) is essential to getting equipment/bailers into those fields.

I do that here in NM. I cut/maintain little "roads" to get to my hay fields. I have to get bailers/bull dozers/tumble bugs/ ME into my fields. There is not much difference between the agriculture in CA/NM other than they way we supplement water and the altitude. I flood irrigate from snow melt with gates/flow/regulated and CA seems to use "catch basins" and pipes to get the water to the "crops" or side arms to water.

MAP again. Follow Laguna/Fisher to the dead end. Then go UP and keep going. It's so possible, but maybe that's my world of no paved roads?
Santa Teresa Blvd & Laguna Ave, Coyote, Santa Clara, California 95037 - Google Maps

Thank you for the photo but the long shed doesn't have the cacti in front. I nt know when the pic was taken. The shed across the street has changed. There are so many tin sheds of all shapes and sizes that it boggles my mind.

On Sierra's street, those three gated house at the top of the cul-de-sac, also have those tin bldgs. I have no idea what they do with them.

You'd be the perfect guide for this adventure because I have never seen so many tin and rusted tin structures in my life and maybe you could tell me WTH they are doing there. The street I noticed near the end of Laguna,coming from Santa teresa, was Dougherty on the left and the real estate was upscale.

Oh,it's just an intuition I have that the purse was placed there... likely not correct... One thing I;m beginning to wonder about : were those tweets about drugs, etc just her being "fierce " or was she actually into getting high ? Wonder what her attendance record and grades were like ? MOO

Beats me. I do NOT put any weight to twitter or tumblr of SL. She's just a kid and as 'old' as I am I was not that offended. Her language was :censored:: in my world, but Sierra was not my child and I did't raise her.

I really think the 'older' I get the more tolerant I get of those youngen's nowadays. JMO

Night all.

Oh,it's just an intuition I have that the purse was placed there... likely not correct... One thing I;m beginning to wonder about : were those tweets about drugs, etc just her being "fierce " or was she actually into getting high ? Wonder what her attendance record and grades were like ? MOO

I don't know.

If the high school she formerly attended in Fremont is anything like the schools here, she would have been required to maintain good grades and no unexcused absences in order to be on the cheerleading team.

It's possible her grades and/or attendance slipped after her move to Morgan Hill but I have no way of knowing.

Her tweets and Tumblr page seemed much more like a facade to me than an indicator of her actual lifestyle. They scream "naive!" to me.

But I am no expert and I could easily be wrong.

Oh good grief. I would simply like it verified that there is water in the pond behind that particular building. Being that those shots don't have the building in them as well, I am not taking that as confirmation. I do not trust the media to label things right, for good reason. I am NOT saying it is empty, only that it could be one that is (there are lots out there that are), and that google is not a good way to determine what something looks like now, cuz most of their shots are NOT current. If someone local already knows the answer, that would be fantastic. For some the media shots with captions are enough, it's not for me, maybe I'm just too picky.

Whom are you talking to? Good grief.

It looks like it's actually placed only a few feet from the edge of the building so would be entirely possible to just toss there if pulling in from that side. :dunno:

Time for some zZz's. Goodnight

That's all I've been saying (with maps,etc) and it became some sort of bro-ha-ha.

I'm about to give up on posting here. GAWD I wish everyone would just chill and lets go over "stuff".

IF someone (not naming anyone) doesn't like my MAPS ... post your own.

I have never implied, speculated or accused anyone of anything. I just search for the truth and post MSM to =the only FACTS we have and they are far and inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger