Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: kind of O/T but how do you FaceTime yourself? You can see her holding the phone in the pic so she must have been on the phone and on a computer at the same time?

There are two cameras on the newer iPhones. One in front one in back. The front camera is your "facetime" camera (I think you call it that).

Oh and to add to that, you can see yourself on the front of the phone so if you look at the front of your phone, imagine a camera there. So she can clearly see the image of herself without doing what I had to. The reason I had to is my camera is on the back of the phone and the only screen on the front.

I know this is just a media person...but the NBC local news person who responded to an email from me yesterday replied today that "they don't know when the photo of Sierra was taken"...so take it for what it is worth...JMO...he says this is "per Sgt. Cardoza"...

Well, if this is true, it sure changes the way I look at this case!

I wonder if it is possible it was an older photo.... But wait.. What about the time stamp info??? I don't get it!!

maybe they meant it WAS taken that day but do not know the time???

There are two cameras on the newer iPhones. One in front one in back. The front camera is your "facetime" camera (I think you call it that).

Oh and to add to that, you can see yourself on the front of the phone so if you look at the front of your phone, imagine a camera there. So she can clearly see the image of herself without doing what I had to. The reason I had to is my camera is on the back of the phone and the only screen on the front.

Right, but if she is holding the phone that is using its camera to facetime her how can you see the phone in the image? LOL I am confused

Right, but if she is holding the phone that is using its camera to facetime her how can you see the phone in the image? LOL I am confused

Just a guess. Mirror pic. So many girls my age and younger use mirrors to get the image they want. I will have to look at the photo again, but I think the image had another image in the corner so I'm pretty sure it had to have come directly from her phone.

That, for me, is sort of a game changer.

For me, cause of media, I was under the impression that picture was the last picture of her that morning. It was "solid" proof it was her (anyone can tweet, and anyone can text), of that morning.

Logically speaking, it COULD (speculating here) change the timeline completely.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I just came across, here is an article explaining how the sonar is being used in this case as well as other cases and how they didn't yield any information towards finding Sierra yesterday.

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/marine-sonar-helpful-in-missing-person-cases#photo-9552384

I quizzed him again and he said this was said "weeks ago"...duh...so not revelent, probably...good grief...

I've "assumed" that those kinda photos are taken in front of a mirror.

On another note...Sierra had posted something, in February, I think, about how her sister could always tell if one of Sierra's friends was bad news...I wonder if there was someone specific in mind?

Well, if this is true, it sure changes the way I look at this case!

I wonder if it is possible it was an older photo.... But wait.. What about the time stamp info??? I don't get it!!

maybe they meant it WAS taken that day but do not know the time???

Maybe the date/time reference was to when it was sent.
It may have been an image already on her phone/computer that
LE is not releasing info on or talking about right now.
They've skirted the issue on another occasion saying
it may have been taken a day or two before, they just
aren't sure.

I think they would know, but aren't saying. Does that make sense?

No, it just turns out my media guy is about as sharp as yesterday's ice cubes left out on the counter...on further questioning, he says they said this "weeks ago"...(so it must be true...not.)

Maybe.

The article I first read the reference was at least a week ago.
Heck, I thought you saw it, too.

So could be that's what the reporter is alluding to also.

IF it is the case, I can see why LE would not be answering many questions about it.

I think it's great you are talking to this reporter to try to get some answers.

What did they say about the grey shoes?
Can he get a better description?

Thanks!

I don't know.

If the high school she formerly attended in Fremont is anything like the schools here, she would have been required to maintain good grades and no unexcused absences in order to be on the cheerleading team.

It's possible her grades and/or attendance slipped after her move to Morgan Hill but I have no way of knowing.

Her tweets and Tumblr page seemed much more like a facade to me than an indicator of her actual lifestyle. They scream "naive!" to me.

But I am no expert and I could easily be wrong.

Hard to say,but I thought she seemed quite vulnerable...IF she was experimenting with drugs in the months before she disappeared, I was interested to know who,if anyone she got high with. And who they bought from...MOO

ETA This *speculation * about drug use is because of Sierra's own writings... But, I wonder if she owed anyone money behind any drugs ...

Maybe.

The article I first read the reference was at least a week ago.
Heck, I thought you saw it, too.

So could be that's what the reporter is alluding to also.

IF it is the case, I can see why LE would not be answering many questions about it.

I think it's great you are talking to this reporter to try to get some answers.

What did they say about the grey shoes?
Can he get a better description?

Thanks!

He seems to know far less than we do...
Anyway he thanks me for the questions as he said they will make him look smart with the captain next time he sees him, lol...
I asked him to try to clarify the shirt, the various statements about whether they had some evidence results or not, and whether or not there was anything else found besides clothing and books...
I think I overwhelmed he, he only answered about the photo, which I hadn't asked about...

I know this is just a media person...but the NBC local news person who responded to an email from me yesterday replied today that "they don't know when the photo of Sierra was taken"...so take it for what it is worth...JMO...he says this is "per Sgt. Cardoza"...

I remember it being said by LE that the pic was sent 6 30 am that morning but did not know when it was taken. JMO

Hard to say,but I thought she seemed quite vulnerable...IF she was experimenting with drugs in the months before she disappeared, I was interested to know who,if anyone she got high with. And who they bought from...MOO

In my experience, she lived in a medical state, so if we're talking pot she could have a friend with a med card and LITERALLY have it delivered to her. Some kids in med states don't take it as that and will continue getting from the guy who sells after school or that weird kid who you know does drugs. Or someone's boyfriend or parents.

aren't sure.

It makes alot of sense!JMO

I remember it being said by LE that the pic was sent 6 30 am that morning but did not know when it was taken. JMO

So this could mean perp had ahold of Sierra as early as 6:30 am.. Texting and such could have been perp on her phone...

Now if LE says the photo could have been taken the day before and they don't know.. Then I have a major problem with that... IMO...

aren't sure.

It does, but the way it registers for me now is, that the jersey could have been a night gown and it could have been taken the night before.

Again, I can confidently say that picture was taken at night, or before sunrise, or either in a room with no windows (which we know from other Sierra photos she has a rather large window in her bedroom.) Also, there is a couple of lights on in that picture, meaning it was dark in that room before the lights were turned on.

The shirt picture really is bugging me more than the purse, obviously.

It does, but the way it registers for me now is, that the jersey could have been a night gown and it could have been taken the night before.

Again, I can confidently say that picture was taken at night, or before sunrise, or either in a room with no windows (which we know from other Sierra photos she has a rather large window in her bedroom.) Also, there is a couple of lights on in that picture, meaning it was dark in that room before the lights were turned on.

The shirt picture really is bugging me more than the purse, obviously.

The shirt she was wearing looks like a long-sleeved t-shirt. I have owned MANY official hockey jerseys in my day. They are BULKY and seriously hot. As in, if it's over 70 degrees you will sweat. (not totally related to your post but I got really hung up on it being called a "jersey" and all the talk about her having needed additional outerwear).

So this could mean perp had ahold of Sierra as early as 6:30 am.. Texting and such could have been perp on her phone...

Now if LE says the photo could have been taken the day before and they don't know.. Then I have a major problem with that... IMO...

OH so do I!
She could have been missing for some time!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member