Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm lucky, but any time I've owed someone less than $500 for what I've used (marijuana and ecstasy) they just didn't give me more. One timed I owed $1700 to one guy and he basically said if I didn't give him the $$ owed he would reimburse himself with items he found in my garage or home. Yeah, gave him that cash right fast. Maybe if I haven't have it could have seriously escalated.

If it was a drug debt related kidnapping, I HAVE to assume the person would have A) already wanted Sierra in this situation so he could get what he wanted from her B) the person was addicted to substances they are selling or C and D) The person made a living selling or owed someone ELSE money on what she owed them.

Given the utter craziness which drugs inevitably lead to, it could well have been ABC and D...or a combo of them... Sierra has been described by LE as being "strong willed " which can be both a good and a bad thing, depending on the situation...JMO Mostly I think she was a vulnerable 15 year old girl...anything could have happened. Another poster said that they thought she was "naive " and I could see that too... JMO

Ok Sherbetjello. Let's go back to the beginning.
When did this photo (we'll call it jersey photo or JP for ease of not getting confused) first show up?
Where?

ETA-anyone feel free to jump in on this, not just jello!

Yes, I am pretty certain they were. That is pretty standard around here.
What peaked your interest though?

:seeya: :tyou:

I thought it was "standard" -- I remember the discussion about the Dogs picking up the scent to the driveway.

My interest was peaked when I was reading an article which cannot be posted here because of the TOS - not approved site :innocent:

Again, Thank You !

:seeya:

It couldn't be from the websleuths post, I don't think. It's stamped with an iphone device, the correct f-stop and iso for the device.. but it's the damned date that is throwing me off.

I am trying to go back and find the original link/post on WS as we speak, just to be double, double sure.

If i picture of that picture right now with my iPhone and update it to WS .. It would have today's date on it... It is a new photo I took today.

IMO: this is not a photo that was taken that morning..

can someone point me to the very first missing poster for Sierra? I would like to see what pic was chosen for it.

On the notes Wendy101 and sarx left off on, I think I'm headed back to thread #1.

Given the utter craziness which drugs inevitably lead to, it could well have been ABC and D...or a combo of them... Sierra has been described by LE as being "strong willed " which can be both a good and a bad thing, depending on the situation...JMO Mostly I think she was a vulnerable 15 year old girl...anything could have happened. Another poster said that they thought she was "naive " and I could see that too... JMO

I would like to state that all of us are "naive" at 15 so this is likely. No matter how smart and how much "street cred" you have, you are still a girl who has hopefully not even lived a quarter of your life.

As much as I want to make it not a "drug thing" with Sierra, you are so right in saying that anything could have happened.

I followed SF gate in the beginning, but now I am with gilroy dispatch.

Here is a post on March 28th,
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/28/BATI1NR2VL.DTL

its the earliest i can find of that picture being used, on the missing person flyer.

It is very possible LE picked that picture later, to show what she was wearing that day (not that it was last seen, but seen in and then the reporters dropped that ball).

But again, throwing all the pictures out the window and just leaving the twitter posts there... doesn't mean that Sierra really wrote those. So, I wonder why LE is so fixed on this 7:11 AM on March 16th as the "last seen/heard from"?

Pretty early for a crime of opportunity to take place. This is someone she knew or a stalker has to be..how can there be no clues she was very active online there has to be one weirdo in the mix.

Maybe it wasnt a wierdo!

its the earliest i can find of that picture being used, on the missing person flyer.

It is very possible LE picked that picture later, to show what she was wearing that day (not that it was last seen, but seen in and then the reporters dropped that ball).

But again, throwing all the pictures out the window and just leaving the twitter posts there... doesn't mean that Sierra really wrote those. So, I wonder why LE is so fixed on this 7:11 AM on March 16th as the "last seen/heard from"?

Isnt that the other pic of her in a diff sweatshirt?
she was making the same face but the color was better!

Let me see if i can find it!

I am really going to throw a monkey wrench into this whole mess. I ddi a yahoo search on Sierra Lamar Shark Jersey and than Sierra Lamar T-shirt.
The articles were even as far as reporting what was found with the purse. The only piece of clothing in every article the same was pants.:banghead:

People who text a lot have a personal 'style' that friends can recognize - I'm sure that LE asked the recipient if there was anything unusual about it etc. Ditto with tweeting.

JMO

Sierra's mother gave NBC*Bay Area a cell phone photo she said Sierra took the morning before she disappeared.

(pic is posted at link)
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...nters-Third-Day-in-Morgan-Hill-143104226.html

So, according to this article the photo was relsease by Marlene. This article is dated March 19th.

I remember a lot of debate in the first couple of threads here about what "the morning before" actually means. Does it mean the morning of Sierra's disappearance or the morning before (as in the day before) Sierra disappeared? I don't know that we ever came to a consensus on that one.

I am really going to throw a monkey wrench into this whole mess. I ddi a yahoo search on Sierra Lamar Shark Jersey and than Sierra Lamar T-shirt.
The articles were even as far as reporting what was found with the purse. The only piece of clothing in every article the same was pants.:banghead:

I now know how most of you feel sleuthing other cases. I really wanted to help as much I could in this one, but reporting makes it d*mn near impossible!

It's interesting that it says the morning *before*, to me that would mean Thursday.?

I took that as Marlene implying that photo was taken first and then Sierra vanished..

It was took IN the morning before she vanished...

IMO: that photo was not taken the same morning Sierra vanished. I totally think it is a photo of a photo.
I am starting to think Sierra went missing the night before....

I now know how most of you feel sleuthing other cases. I really wanted to help as much I could in this one, but reporting makes it d*mn near impossible!
Don't give up, there are truths in all of it, it's just exhausting weeding through all the carp.

It was reported somewhere (I'm sorry I can't remember where at the moment) that Sierra spoke to her dad and sister the night before (on Thursday night). I think they put her on speakerphone and both talked to her. Of course I don't know what time that was or what they talked about.

It's interesting that it says the morning *before*, to me that would mean Thursday.?

See if this works for anybody. If the article is correct. And it was the day before. Marlene said she last saw Sierra in her PJ,s on Friday. Could the JP been washed on Thrusday folded and Sierra put it in her bag on Firday before she left to go to the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!