Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sierra's mother gave NBC*Bay Area a cell phone photo she said Sierra took the morning before she disappeared.

(pic is posted at link)
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...nters-Third-Day-in-Morgan-Hill-143104226.html

So, according to this article the photo was relsease by Marlene. This article is dated March 19th.

sorry for quoting myself, but, Marlene says this photo was taken by SIERRA with her CELL PHONE.
The cell phone was found the weekend she vanished.... So what did LE do? Give Marlene the cell phone? how can the date on the photo be the 17th if the phone was not found until then..

sorry for quoting myself, but, Marlene says this photo was taken by SIERRA with her CELL PHONE.
The cell phone was found the weekend she vanished.... So what did LE do? Give Marlene the cell phone? how can the date on the photo be the 17th if the phone was not found until then..

In the video link I posted, they did the interview and then stated later that day the cell phone was found. So, they had a print out of that photo before the phone was found.

That's a great question! Isn't it?

I am assuming, at this point, that it is bad reporting. What I feel happened, she gave the picture over to LE, printed one out for a report (there is a video here in the past 2 pages that show Marlene holding print out photos of Sierra), and then reporters took pictures of the pictures on location at the house on Saturday, March 17th (since it's time stamped that date.)

That makes sense. Sort of.
It's the stupid reporting that isn't helping anything, or that LE hasn't really confirmed this picture, when it was taken, etc. etc.

That's a great question! Isn't it?

I am assuming, at this point, that it is bad reporting. What I feel happened, she gave the picture over to LE, printed one out for a report (there is a video here in the past 2 pages that show Marlene holding print out photos of Sierra), and then reporters took pictures of the pictures on location at the house on Saturday, March 17th (since it's time stamped that date.)

That makes sense. Sort of.
It's the stupid reporting that isn't helping anything, or that LE hasn't really confirmed this picture, when it was taken, etc. etc.
I thought someone said that the picture was sent to Marlene by the friend that Sierra had sent it to.

Marlene says it was taken with her webcam. The exif data shows this picture is taken with an iPhone the day after she is reported missing in her home at 10:08 (gps data). It explains why it appears to be a photo of a photo, because it is likely a photo of the original, whether taken off Sierra's monitor or a print out of the photo. Unless they distribute the original with exif data intact we won't know for sure how Sierra took it, when she took it, we have to rely on the media's report of what LE has said. I am not sure if they confirmed the time she took it? All I recall is them saying it was not sent in the 7:11 text to her friend.

The lack of confirming this picture was taken in the AM, by LE, is what is driving me nuts.

Thought I could solve that one, but just gave myself (and some here) a headache.

Finding out if this is the last known photo, and based on times everyone in the house left, we can assume greatly she left the house in the clothes.
However, not knowing what she was wearing at first, to she was wearing the jersey, to then having an "undated" photo of Sierra... well, I dunno. Doesn't sit right with me.
Once I get past the photo I will move on to the purse, and why everything was folded and in the purse.

I thought someone said that the picture was sent to Marlene by the friend that Sierra had sent it to.

I haven't heard that, that could be correct.

I wish LE would plant some facts in this case. :/

I actually agree about the dimensions of the photo, eith my experiement my phone os ceap but I got a similar image despite how "pixelated" it was.

Ok.. So the photos time stamp is 10 something.. Am

The phone was found on the 17th also....

What time was Sierra cell phone found?? isn't that where the photo was?? it was on Sierra phone... Marlene says so.

I guess we are supposed to believe LE found Sierra phone, charged it up, cause it was dead according to Marlene, found the pic, then shared it with Marlee who printed it that very same morning march 17th at 10 something am... Who took a photo of the photo that Marlene was holding and posted it in the press on the 19th .. With the caption that Sierra had taken this photo of herself with her cell phone????
Am I getting close???

Not sure if this has been posted recently, still trying to catch up. To add to the picture conversation:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Parents-Interview/143967166

March 23 interview with parents

Reporter: The sheriff said they think it was a Sharks jersey. Did she have-

Marlene: She took a picture of herself, right before she left. She frequently took pictures of herself because she was into her hair and makeup. And uh, that was common for her to do something like that. And she was wearing a Sharks sweatshirt in that picture.

Reporter: In the picture she took-

Marlene: On the computer.

Reporter:-last friday morning?

Marlene: Yes, on the computer.

Reporter: Wearing that Sharks sweatshirt?

Marlene: That's correct.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...n-reservoirs/UPI-98981334263764/?spt=hs&or=tn

Published: April 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Sierra's mother, Marlene LaMar, checked in volunteers at Burnett Elementary School Wednesday.

I have the hope that I may find a necklace or something that belongs to her," she said. "I feel I have to get out."

Just signed on and haven't caught up with this thread yet. (lots of pages) but I went to read news first so if this is already posted please ignore.

What necklace? Did Sierra have a necklace she wore? What did I miss please? TIA!

Surely LE would have serached the home for forensic evidence that the perp actually went inside of Sierra's home.

It was a rental home that had been shown by numerous realtors to numerous potential tenants. In fact, oftentimes neighbors will attend an open house to get ideas for remodeling. Surely Sierra and her Mom and even Rick had invited people into the home in the time they lived there. It might be hard to find a stranger if all you had to try to identify then by was a fingerprint or a few hairs.

Marlene says it was taken with her webcam. The exif data shows this picture is taken with an iPhone the day after she is reported missing in her home at 10:08 (gps data). It explains why it appears to be a photo of a photo, because it is likely a photo of the original, whether taken off Sierra's monitor or a print out of the photo. Unless they distribute the original with exif data intact we won't know for sure how Sierra took it, when she took it, we have to rely on the media's report of what LE has said. I am not sure if they confirmed the time she took it? All I recall is them saying it was not sent in the 7:11 text to her friend.

Marlene also says Sierra too that pic with her (sierras) cell phone .. The link is posted above...:banghead:

Not sure if this has been posted recently, still trying to catch up. To add to the picture conversation:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Parents-Interview/143967166

Marlene: She took a picture of herself, right before she left. She frequently took pictures of herself because she was into her hair and makeup. And uh, that was common for her to do something like that. And she was wearing a Sharks sweatshirt in that picture.

There is another article a few pages back where Marlene says the pic was taken the day before Sierra went missing. This case has us all going in circles.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...nters-Third-Day-in-Morgan-Hill-143104226.html

Sierra's mother gave NBC*Bay Area a cell phone photo she said Sierra took the morning before she disappeared.

Do we know for a fact the bus was late? Has this been stated by LE? Otherwise we should be careful about running with that...as we did about the bus going to her house...JMO

In reference to her past texts and tweets, someone brought up a message Sierra had sent saying it was cold and she wondered where the bus was. That was NOT the same day she disappeared. It was used to show that sometimes the bus does not run right on schedule. While LE MAY have said the bus was late on the 16th, it is also possible that the mention of the old text message sent by Sierra on a prior day is causing some confusion.

Say they find SL's remains in one of the reservoirs. Any chance there would still be potential DNA from the perp on/inside her? Or would that possible evidence be destroyed under the water? Can't let this perp get away... :maddening:

That, for me, is sort of a game changer.

For me, cause of media, I was under the impression that picture was the last picture of her that morning. It was "solid" proof it was her (anyone can tweet, and anyone can text), of that morning.

Logically speaking, it COULD (speculating here) change the timeline completely.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I just came across, here is an article explaining how the sonar is being used in this case as well as other cases and how they didn't yield any information towards finding Sierra yesterday.

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/marine-sonar-helpful-in-missing-person-cases#photo-9552384

I have a very hard time believing they dont know exactly when this photo was taken. We arent living in the stone ages anymore. I have seen countless cases where forensic experts can tell exactly when something was done. Every electronic devise these days has a history and has time data.

Even if taken with a camera and uploaded to the computer at a later date the time can be determined when the photos were actually taken and it certainly could be ascertained if it was done via the computer or coming from her phone, which they have had all these things available to them for quite sometime now.

Of course LE could have their valid reasons for saying they dont know. It has been said the item in the purse is a Shark shirt and the FBI has also said she was last seen wearing a Shark shirt. I dont believe in coincidences. Her live scent goes to the end of the driveway...so imo they do know what she had on as she went out the door that morning.

JMO though

Yes, I read that. :) What I posted is a transcript of an interview with Marlene, the words came out of her own mouth. Maybe the reporter made a mistake? :dunno:

Reporter: Then, would it be logical to assume she left the house in that?

Marlene: Yes. I would assume that since she took that on the computer right before she left for the bus stop.

I never noticed the word "Mayhem" painted on that tin shed. I wonder when it was put there. That is not exactly a common word.

1. It is used in charges when people have done some mutilation.

2. Prior to seeing it in charges, Iused to think it was only used for crazy, out of control situations.

Seeing it now on a farm shed that played a role with some evidence is odd. I wonder the hiding place was chosen because of the word...and they took it to mean out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay