Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the searches taking place and about to take place this weekend, it would be good if LE used some sort of eye-in-the-sky surveillance to see if anyone suspicious is out ahead of areas to be searched - figuring a perp may get nervous that something he left may be found and is attempting to move it...

I found that to be a strange notion.
That she would need to carry a charger to school.
It's not as if they'd let her plug it in.
Don't most people charge overnight?

Along the lines of a "staged abduction"... first of all, the phone was destroyed within minutes of leaving the house. So IF the abductor actually took Sierra from inside the house, and removed the phone from the house, knew they planned to throw it out of the car ASAP and would not need a charger.

On the off chance she was running away, Sierra could have thought along the same lines. If she knew she had to ditch her phone, why take the charger?

And if she left willingly, maybe even planning to run away for a time, she might have left the charger intentionally, knowing she could pick one up at "Five Below" but that it would give the appearance she had been abducted. Then when things went bad and he phone was taken and she realized she had been duped, it was a moot point.

I don't think she planned to run away. I think she MIGHT have planned to skip school, and the text may even have been related or a "code" to a friend about her plans. We know so little that there's a lot of room for guesswork.

Do you have a link to the video?

Afraid not, just was watching the 4pm news. They were less than 10 ft off shore. The divers were tethered via a rope on his wrist to a deputy on land. They are working in shallow water. As of 4 pm they were still in the water.

If she was taken in the house which I highly doubt. It makes no sense to take the phone anyway.

Afraid not, just was watching the 4pm news. They were less than 10 ft off shore. The divers were tethered via a rope on his wrist to a deputy on land. They are working in shallow water. As of 4 pm they were still in the water.
What station? We could check to see if they put the video on their website...

I'm wondering how they found the photo so fast. Like it's been said, the phone was found March 17. If it was on Sierra's laptop, chances were she had it password protected based on the type of things and photos she had on there. It would take more than a day to gain access. How was the photo available for someone to take a photo of so quickly? Unless it was sent to a friend who told Marlene about it. Just trying to make sense out of these conflicting reports.

LE has tools to get in to password protected phones and computers in a heartbeat. Just one of their many available tech tools. I'm not surprised how fast they got in, as that would be one of their first objectives - perform forensics on her electronic devices/laptop/social media.

I'm taking a drive out to Chesbro to check the scene. Might head to Uvas after to see what if anything is going on there if they've pulled out from Chesbro already. Will report back later.

I don't think the metal shed on Laguna Rd. was merely a detour to get rid of the J.C. bag. Thank you for the fine photos of that locale that went up today. Some showed the shed from a new angle and it is more sheltered from view than I had realised. I think the shed also served some purpose that was grim. Binding Sierra's wrists was suggested or cuffing them, of course. The building is convenient for that and other activity associated with the crime.

@smooth operator - I agree with your assessment. That bag and phone were tossed out to be found as a "statement", a "calling card". "I got her". "****** you!" Tossing those items were an incredible act of anger, as if symbolizing Sierra herself. Whoever did this was full of unbelievable RAGE. Why did that child REALLY move from her home to Morgan Hill? What would have torn a cheerleader away from her friends and the school she loved? It seems this poor girl was surrounded by sketchy adults in her life. Who within their circle of known associates had anger towards Sierra, or who wanted to punish the adults? If one of her father's friends or her mother's boyfriend (or one of his friends) was acting "weird" toward Sierra, she (Sierra) would have complained about it to one of her close girlfriends. I highly suspect LE has a very good and narrow Suspect list, and is just waiting for more evidence to haul them in. This case is going to be solved, it's just a matter of time. God Bless Sierra. Praying for her.

Not to be argumentative but the droids aren't interchangeable with any other type or model phone.. I know cuz we have had the prob here at home.

Eta: you're correct that all cells nowadays use the USB cable but its what is at the other end of the cable that actually inserts into the phone that is differing among various models of phones,

My Droid 4 uses the same cable my Droid 2 Global did. My daughter just got a used Cosmos Touch (no data plan needed) but the seller forgot to include the charger. Lo and behold, my (Motorola) Droid (smartphone) charger works with her (LG) Cosmos Touch (basic) phone. I was surprised, but happily so.

Heading to Uvas tomorrow is the word. Though I suppose the timing of that will depend on if they get through with Chesbro.
I hope that some of these irregularities that showed up pan out to be something and help them with some case at least (or cases).

I wonder how many car are down there...seems as though bodies of water are full of cars in this country...

Heading to Uvas tomorrow is the word. Though I suppose the timing of that will depend on if they get through with Chesbro.
I hope that some of these irregularities that showed up pan out to be something and help them with some case at least (or cases).

Their focus must be a result of a credible, and specific tip. They don't bring those type of resources out unless they have a very strong lead.

If she was taken in the house which I highly doubt. It makes no sense to take the phone anyway.

It also doesn't make much sense to take her school books away. I know this has probably been discussed, but are there any vacant homes close to Sierra? Could she have been taken and forced into a vacant home?

Their focus must be a result of a credible, and specific tip. They don't bring those type of resources out unless they have a very strong lead.

IMHO they are just expanding out more and ruling out areas.i know they have received over 1200 leads so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay