Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@smooth operator - I agree with your assessment. That bag and phone were tossed out to be found as a "statement", a "calling card". "I got her". "****** you!" Tossing those items were an incredible act of anger, as if symbolizing Sierra herself. Whoever did this was full of unbelievable RAGE. Why did that child REALLY move from her home to Morgan Hill? What would have torn a cheerleader away from her friends and the school she loved? It seems this poor girl was surrounded by sketchy adults in her life. Who within their circle of known associates had anger towards Sierra, or who wanted to punish the adults? If one of her father's friends or her mother's boyfriend (or one of his friends) was acting "weird" toward Sierra, she (Sierra) would have complained about it to one of her close girlfriends. I highly suspect LE has a very good and narrow Suspect list, and is just waiting for more evidence to haul them in. This case is going to be solved, it's just a matter of time. God Bless Sierra. Praying for her.

I sure wish I held your opinion Roses. I would not be so stressed about this case and having such dread that it will never be solved. After almost a month of looking high and low for Sierra they are having no luck, and sadly, I dont think these dive searches are going to yield any results either.

I do agree that by now they have ruled others out even though they may want to backstep at this late date and say they havent but it only makes sense that some are no longer on the potential list of suspects this late in the investigation. But I do not believe they have a suspect or suspects in their sights. If they had evidence against someone then imo they would have to know their whereabouts for that day and where they went. This means they would know where to search for her instead of looking for her in so many different areas. Looking in ponds and waterways are just a common place to search when looking for a body.

I do agree with you again. By now LE would know if there was anyone that had come on to Sierra. I think they are coming up empty. IMO, the nightmare for Sierra came right out of the blue when she was going to go to the bus stop that morning. I dont think any contact was made until she was kidnapped and gone without a trace.

And if the kidnapper has no link to Sierra at all and is a complete stranger who was watching Sierra from afar then I am not sure they will ever find this person or persons nor Sierra's remains either.

IMO

Sorry if I am going to blow the margins here. I took wendy101's post of the sharks t-shirt given by marlene, opened it and ran another "test".

I also did an instragram test, left notes in this jpg.

This really is the last time I can review this picture w/o driving myself mad.
The date on this photo has puzzled me to great lengths.

HWQcj.jpg

Sorry I've been out at work and just catching up. The photo thing...

Firstly it is taken with an iphone 4 but DIDN'T SIERRA HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE????? So who's phone was the shot taken on???

Also if, as posted here by someone, the photo was taken by Sierra and sent to some lad who sent it the next day (ie the 17th) to Sierra's mother and the mother has an iphone- could that account for the date stamp?

Also when Sierra is facetiming herself- the shot is taken through the laptop- through the webcam most likely- not a mirror. As the computer is running facetime, you see a small pic of her through the iphone that is on the computer screen, and you see what the webcam is seeing- ie her holding the phone.

I'm sure I saw on her twitter comments about how people couldn't facetime her which made sense as she supposedly had an android phone and facetime is an Iphone thing. Does anyone know if the mum has an iphone???

Just FYI and kinda funny...I emailed one of the SJ Mercury reporters today who had written about Sierra, with some questions...he wrote me back that he forwarded my questions to the reg. reporter, as he only did the one story on her...and now she wrote me back and said SHE forwarded it on, as she is not the right person either...

So no wonder the reporting is so...creative...

JMO

Heard of the "caves", but not the dungeon. Oh lordy.

Sarx when you logo oh Lordy I have learned that is never a good thing.
That was just one place on the website. There are some real interesting comments on there.

LE COULD have a suspect in mind and still have no idea where Sierra ended up. Maybe they searched to the south for a specific reason, for example, and then decided to return to the local area as nothing was found. We just don't know. They may have been checking an area near/in the direction of someone's route, for example.

Whether she is found or not, to me, does not point more or less toward someone she knows. There are many cases with POI's well-known if not related to the victim where the victim is never found...Haleigh Cummings just being one example, possibly Hailey Dunn as well, possibly Kyron. Sadly, anyone can be "good" at hiding a small body. JMO

Sarx when you logo oh Lordy I have learned that is never a good thing.
That was just one place on the website. There are some real interesting comments on there.
LOL. That was an "oh lordy wth are they talking about now" oh lordy.
The "caves" are just some old mining areas that clearly took on a life of their own in rumorland but aren't big enough for anything.

I'm just exhausted reading and filtering through all of it, and trying to find the tidbits of useful information is getting exhausting.

Wow,someone on there has even solved the case with a name and employment.
Can you believe it

I know the one you are talking about. Almost sounded like they have been reading all 8 threads here for a while ;-)

I sure wish I held your opinion Roses. I would not be so stressed about this case and having such dread that it will never be solved. After almost a month of looking high and low for Sierra they are having no luck, and sadly, I dont think these dive searches are going to yield any results either.

I do agree that by now they have ruled others out even though they may want to backstep at this late date and say they havent but it only makes sense that some are no longer on the potential list of suspects this late in the investigation. But I do not believe they have a suspect or suspects in their sights. If they had evidence against someone then imo they would have to know their whereabouts for that day and where they went. This means they would know where to search for her instead of looking for her in so many different areas. Looking in ponds and waterways are just a common place to search when looking for a body.

I do agree with you again. By now LE would know if there was anyone that had come on to Sierra. I think they are coming up empty. IMO, the nightmare for Sierra came right out of the blue when she was going to go to the bus stop that morning. I dont think any contact was made until she was kidnapped and gone without a trace.

And if the kidnapper has no link to Sierra at all and is a complete stranger who was watching Sierra from afar then I am not sure they will ever find this person or persons nor Sierra's remains either.

IMO

While I do understand what you're saying I must say that its not necessarily as grim regarding LE leads, suspects, investigations..

Above BBM.. the perfect example IMO that shows the complete opposite is the Sam Koenig case.. they were onto Keyes and actively tracking his whereabouts and movements for several weeks prior to his arrest.. and tho they had correctly zeroed in on him as the abductor they hadn't the slightest clue of where Sam was hidden/disposed..

AND NOT A NARY ONE OF US HAD EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CLUE(nor did the media) THAT LE HAD A MAJOR SUSPECT AND TRACKING HIS EVERY MOVE STATE TO STATE.. NO ONE KNEW UNTIL HE WAS ARRESTED..

So I must say it is definitely possible that LE are a helluva alot closer to finding Sierra and/or arresting the perp.. I'll admit Sam's case has given me renewed hope in that there are still cases that can be brought to justice and not doomed to the years of no answers for the victims loved ones and no justice for what their loved one suffered and endured. God knows we already have waaay too many of those unsolved already!

First thing that pops up when typing in "the dungeon morgan hill" is a foursquare check in for that name listed as a fraternity house off of Monterey and Vineyard.

There are strange comments on news articles also and then the trolls. Then the ones that I have sleuthed that seem to fit the profile. I wish I could share with someone and say hey what do you think? Basically there's just a lot of odd balls out there I guess. It has to be a social media nightmare for LE trying to figure out what is useful and what isn't.

abc7 dive video from today is up:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8619049

The text article says their sonar device gave them 1,000 images...and there are also 2 off-road vehicles out there.
(quoting to reference link)

In the video, it was said that it took 20 hours to go thru the 1,000 images to determine which ones for follow-up. Also that they commonly find tree trunks and auto parts, and the underwater images are blurry.

No dogs are shown or mentioned. So I wonder (don't recall) if they already took HRD dogs to this reservoir. And IF so, and IF no hits were given, then why be going there now with just GPS info from the sonar (IF no dogs were there today)? Being thorough, covering all the bases? Allowing for the possibility that someone waited to leave evidence after any previous search? Or...?

So many questions...

Just FYI and kinda funny...I emailed one of the SJ Mercury reporters today who had written about Sierra, with some questions...he wrote me back that he forwarded my questions to the reg. reporter, as he only did the one story on her...and now she wrote me back and said SHE forwarded it on, as she is not the right person either...

So no wonder the reporting is so...creative...

JMO

They are playing "telephone"!

the article state divers have explored 4 of 5 AREAS of interest in Chesbro Res.
Yes, I know. :) I didn't paraphrase in entirety; just found it interesting that they had to evaluate 1,000 images before sending the divers down.

(quoting to reference link)

In the video, it was said that it took 20 hours to go thru the 1,000 images to determine which ones for follow-up. Also that they commonly find tree trunks and auto parts, and the underwater images are blurry.

No dogs are shown or mentioned. So I wonder (don't recall) if they already took HRD dogs to this reservoir. And IF so, and IF no hits were given, then why be going there now with just GPS info from the sonar (IF no dogs were there today)? Being thorough, covering all the bases? Allowing for the possibility that someone waited to leave evidence after any previous search? Or...?

So many questions...
Yes...
lol
Going through sonar images is mind numbing work. It's not like it's some crystal clear neon yellow outline that just pops out at those viewing it.
Didn't see anything about dogs being brought out again, but yes, they have been there in the past. It's a big body of water though, so they're using other means to double check it. It's certainly possible that they're concerned about things having changed after their initial searches too.
I think they're just trying to be really thorough and doing doing a great job of it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899