Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read We Need to Talk about Kevin (British book by a British writer) when it first came out several years ago. It IS disturbing - hands down the most disturbing novel I've ever read. However it was extremely well written and thought-provoking. A woman who is ambivalent about being a mother gives birth to a son who turns out to be a psychopath. Was he born that way, or is she responsible because of her ambivalence about being a mother?? So it was upsetting, but also really interesting. I saw the MOVIE recently - was very different. I love Tilda Swinton and thought if anyone could portray the complicated mother well she could - and she did. The movie was 100% horror - very creepy and gratuitous - I hated it and regretted watching it. Kept thinking that if one hadn't read the book you'd have no idea what was really going on there.

Sorry for the reviews. But the people who post here might enjoy the book for the psychological aspects of it. The movie, as has already been said, you've been warned.

Back on topic. I do wish it weren't such a slow day regarding SL and that there was more to discuss to move the case forward.

Previous post was in answer to others who brought up the book and movie...

I've been curious for a while if any psychics have been brought into this. Does anyone know? Thanks so much.

Here is a psychic from the UK that claims to have talked to local LE.

She blogs in the comment section of her page.

http://psychic-investigator-jacqui-oreilly.blogspot.com/2012/03/seria-lemar.html

Morgan Hill Time news article:

No psychics planned in search for Sierra

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_0f45f8be-7f69-11e1-ba55-001a4bcf6878.html

The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office does not plan to use a psychic in the search for Sierra LaMar, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

“In law enforcement, in general, we do not use psychics for investigative purposes,” Cardoza said.

And in Gilroy, “We have not employed or received information from any psychic service,” said GPD Sgt. Chad Gallacinao. “We assess and prioritize all potential investigative leads – which may pertain to cases we investigate.”

But police and families who have been affected have to be careful of frauds. Sometimes people will pose as psychics to try to take advantage of families during their times of grief.

Red Phone is not convinced that psychics have made the impact many have claimed, but if they can help find missing Sobrato High School teen Sierra LaMar, call them.

Tips I've submitted.. FYI.

-Review any security/traffic cameras in all directions at/around supposed time of abduction
-Review VTA Public Bus transportation cameras on that Santa Teresa route
-Review southbound 101-FWY cameras (they have a camera on the side of the freeway about every couple miles) at supposed time of abduction
-Check cell ping patterns and investigate changes in patterns at that time since around the week of her disappearance
-Check cell pings in SL's home area around 9PM on Feb 22nd when she tweeted from her HOME about possible harassment from a vehicle

I don't mean any disrespect, I realize you and everyone else are trying to help, but honestly... these are not tips. Everything in your list are things that LE would normally do anyway. They want tips about seeing or hearing something or someone suspicious, finding a spot of ground that's been disturbed, or a shred of clothing, a shoe. Maybe a conversation overheard that sounds like it could be connected to this case. Anything that relates to a possible clue. They know where the bodies of water are, they know most of the likely places a person could hide a body. They are trained to do this, so anything you or I or anyone can think of... they've probably already done it by now.

However, the tip about watching who comes to feed the cats would be fine, because they may not even know about the cats, maybe didn't see them when they were processing the crime scene where the bag was found, or didn't know they were making that spot a permanent home.

There was a report on our 11 pm local newcast in Los Angeles area tonight about a 13 yr old girl who ESCAPED from a kidnapper. They had a artists drawing of his face and his tatoos and a car description. And the girl had visible scrapes and bruises from the incident, but was able to escape him. SCARY.

But she was walking home from middle school at 2 pm, all alone, but on a pretty busy residential street. A man was driving slowly alongside her as she walked. he was saying how pretty she was, and he told her she had beautiful lips. [ uugghh]

So she ignored him and kept walking. Then he got out and caught up with her, AND HE HELD UP A BUNCH OF CASH she said, and offered to give her money and she got scared and tried to run off. THEN HE GRABBED HER AND PULLED HER BACK TO HIS CAR, and struggled with her, and he almost had her all the way inside, but she was able to wriggle free and run.

She said it was a dark sedan with a PEACE sign on the hood, which LE thinks might be mercedes symbol. He was a middle aged hispanic man with pock marked face, and a dragon tattoo on his fore arm.

ETA; she ran to a store nearby and called LE immediately but there was no sign of him/ So he is off to somewhere else close by. But it makes me wonder if something similar happened to Sierra.

HMMMM thats interesting!
Could this man be middle eastern? instead of hispanic!
someone on her site spoke to her with broken english and said You so Pretty Sierra! why u no talk to me? she even copied the post and put it on her pics and her tumbler.

I have learned a ton about feral cats! Wow thanks to everyone discussing it. (I never knew they lived in colonies either).. I think you are right PurpleH. (esp with that big pile of meow mix in evidence) that someone is feeding them.

My sister has four feral cats that live on her porch (she feeds them, captured them to get them fixed... said that was an a d v e n t u r e... and puts blankets on her porch for them when it is cold). She never misses feeding them and if she will be out of town she even gets my mom to go over to feed them.

Me, I just have a domestic cat that lives on my fridge and does tricks for turkey (seriously). I find the info about the feral cats very interesting (I wish the cats could talk).

Well, your sister's cats are not feral anymore.. they're domesticated. They know where to come for food. And if she paid to get them fixed, they belong to her now... or rather she belongs to them. Anyone who knows about cats know that they adopt you and they own you, you don't own them.
There is a stray cat that started coming around months ago, but he was already pretty tame. We started feeding him and he sleeps on my porch now, and follows us around outside. Doesn't mind being petted at all.
IMO, there is a difference in stray cats and feral cats.

Well, your sister's cats are not feral anymore.. they're domesticated. They know where to come for food. And if she paid to get them fixed, they belong to her now... or rather she belongs to them. Anyone who knows about cats know that they adopt you and they own you, you don't own them.
There is a stray cat that started coming around months ago, but he was already pretty tame. We started feeding him and he sleeps on my porch now, and follows us around outside. Doesn't mind being petted at all.
IMO, there is a difference in stray cats and feral cats.

LOL we did the same thing we moved to this area of florida with alot of wilderness we saw this cat and her kittens sleeping on our porch so we fed them then found out they were bobcats LOL

I'm going to be in the minority here but I gotta say it. It's the distinct LACK of information, lack of press conferences, the vague statements put out by the Sherriff's department that lead me to believe they have quite a bit more than we think they do.

They are NOT going to send divers into every body of water in the area without a good reason to do so. There had to be a credible tip or reason to do it. There is a reason the handcuff/condom DNA evidence hasn't been released. There is a reason they will NOT confirm whether or not urine was found on the clothes (unless that one has been cleared up and I just missed it). How simple would it be for the LE to say (assuming their test results were negative): We'd like to clear up the rumors. To date, no urine was found on the clothing. After DNA testing, there appears to be no link to Sierra's case. I just don't believe for a second that LE has nothing. I just don't.

I agree with you. We always get the doubters in every case, the ones who believe that because LE doesn't keep us informed, they aren't any closer to solving it. No matter how many times they're reminded, some still just can't grasp the fact that LE does not have to release any information about a case while it's being investigated. Even though the media always screams that the public has a right to know, that is not true. We do NOT have the right to know anything, unless we're local and it concerns our safety. Once they find and arrest whoever took Sierra, I'm sure more details will emerge.
If they thought they had a serial kidnapper/murderer on the loose, you bet, they would inform the public of certain things and warn them to be vigilant. But obviously, they don't believe this is the case, so keeping it close to their vest is in LE's best interests. The less the public knows, the better their chances of catching the perp and solving the case. Ask any LEO with investigative experience, they'll tell you the same thing.
I've often wondered, what would happen if we did know everything they did? What would we do with that information? NOTHING, except sit here and talk about it.

LOL we did the same thing we moved to this area of florida with alot of wilderness we saw this cat and her kittens sleeping on our porch so we fed them then found out they were bobcats LOL

Oh my gosh!! And the momma cat wasn't mean?? We have bobcats around here, but you can't get close to them. They're a little bigger than a domestic cat and have those points on their ears.
We've taken in many stray cats (and dogs) over the years, we're both animal lovers and can't stand to see an animal go hungry. Wild animals are beginning to come closer to humans now, for some reason. I looked out my window the other night and saw a possum walking around on our porch. I have NEVER seen one that close to our house before! When I tapped on the window, he/she scurried off. My hubby could hardly believe it.

Oh my gosh!! And the momma cat wasn't mean?? We have bobcats around here, but you can't get close to them. They're a little bigger than a domestic cat and have those points on their ears.
We've taken in many stray cats (and dogs) over the years, we're both animal lovers and can't stand to see an animal go hungry. Wild animals are beginning to come closer to humans now, for some reason. I looked out my window the other night and saw a possum walking around on our porch. I have NEVER seen one that close to our house before! When I tapped on the window, he/she scurried off. My hubby could hardly believe it.

LOL nope my kids even had one of the little ones in the house lol
This cat and her litter are still around here and its years they still sleep out on our wicker recliners all comfy lol

We have wild pigs out back too u can hear them stampede early in the morning lol we have gators tooo lol snakes fire ants lol oh and noisy frogs lol they sound like goats lol

We have possums and racoons also

Oh and HUGE turtles!

IIRC, he was wearing a mechanic's uniform.

imo

Yes, and he showed her something "palmed" in his hand. They believe it was a badge. The ruse was, he was an plain clothed cop and told her she was trespassing in that parking lot and told her to get into the car, she was under arrest. Kids need to know, that cops don't act like that, never get in a car because someone says they are LE or have a badge. You can buy one at a dollar store.

ps, this is refference to another case..... Carlie Brucia in FL. Not this case.

Good evening everyone! I am new to this site.

Is there a map on this site with an arrow pointing to where the farm workers live near Sierra's home? Im familiar with MH, as I live about 25 miles from there, and have family living in MH.

Enjoy reading everyone's posts and perspectives.

Good night ...

:welcome4: Hello and Welcome !

Any info "from the ground" that you can share ?

TIA !

:seeya:

hi Mt Dweller!
Good morning!

Welcome lol Long time no see!

Tomorrow night on Dateline!

RE our children going with a stranger1
!ttp://www.ksl.com/?sid=19964115&nid=1011&title=dateline-nbc-series-brings-natalie-morales-to-tears&s_cid=queue-1

Another reason I believe this is a staged cover up of a murder is the shoes and socks.

A serial rapist/murdering stranger is not going to get a young girl in the car.. get her clothes off... rape her.. an then put her socks and shoes back on before or after murdering her. Remember, we have to take shoes off before our pants?? The socks and shoes should have been with or around that bag... oh wait! Did Sierra even have a chance to put her shoes on that morning?

The photo is also staged: IMO.

You bring up a very good point.

Is the real killer taunting LE and her family? So he throws her clothing and phone away but keeps the shoes and socks. Is this to make LE and her family have false hope that Sierra is possibly alive?

People who abduct and kidnap females are very cunning and crafty. There is a ryhme and reason to their madness in their own head. Often they can be quite intelligent just like Joesph Duncan and Ted Bundy.

As for the photo, I dont think it was staged at all. My granddaughters constantly send pics back and forth to friends even if they are going to see them in a little while at school. The police know it is a picture of an alive, happy Sierra and they know by now when the photo was taken and imo, it was shortly before she left to meet the school bus.

IMO

I dont think she was wearing those clothes!
JMO

I think the photo is Bogus!

Yes, and he showed her something "palmed" in his hand. They believe it was a badge. The ruse was, he was an plain clothed cop and told her she was trespassing in that parking lot and told her to get into the car, she was under arrest. Kids need to know, that cops don't act like that, never get in a car because someone says they are LE or have a badge. You can buy one at a dollar store.

ps, this is refference to another case..... Carlie Brucia in FL. Not this case.

There have been so many cases since then that I have forgotten some of the details.

So he confessed as to how he got her to go with him?

Why would he be dressed in his own work uniform and then try to pretend to be a cop? IIRC, it even had his name on his shirt and where he worked.

imo

There have been so many cases since then that I have forgotten some of the details.

So he confessed as to how he got her to go with him?

Why would he be dressed in his own work uniform and then try to pretend to be a cop? IIRC, it even had his name on his shirt and where he worked.

imo

I thought he had a knife not a badge!
is that what he did?

Smith was arrested 13 times before her murdered Carley!

He should have been in jail!

There was a report on our 11 pm local newcast in Los Angeles area tonight about a 13 yr old girl who ESCAPED from a kidnapper. They had a artists drawing of his face and his tatoos and a car description. And the girl had visible scrapes and bruises from the incident, but was able to escape him. SCARY.

But she was walking home from middle school at 2 pm, all alone, but on a pretty busy residential street. A man was driving slowly alongside her as she walked. he was saying how pretty she was, and he told her she had beautiful lips. [ uugghh]

So she ignored him and kept walking. Then he got out and caught up with her, AND HE HELD UP A BUNCH OF CASH she said, and offered to give her money and she got scared and tried to run off. THEN HE GRABBED HER AND PULLED HER BACK TO HIS CAR, and struggled with her, and he almost had her all the way inside, but she was able to wriggle free and run.

She said it was a dark sedan with a PEACE sign on the hood, which LE thinks might be mercedes symbol. He was a middle aged hispanic man with pock marked face, and a dragon tattoo on his fore arm.

ETA; she ran to a store nearby and called LE immediately but there was no sign of him/ So he is off to somewhere else close by. But it makes me wonder if something similar happened to Sierra.
-----------

That young woman needs to know that there are those of us out here who applaud her courage and determination to escape this.

Sometimes girls/women feel that no one cares that they went through this terror. I think some of us are on here, to tell them that we care. And, we care that these perps. are apprehended.

IMO, let's hope that there is no "linkage blindness" with LE on the case of Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber