Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When me or anyone else tries to link something and it comes up www. *******.com = it's not allowed here. BANNED LINK and for a good reason = rumor and/or B.S. See above. chelsea hoffman

I am going to loan you my 125 lb German Shepherd. (He has decided that he only sleeps on the couch which is where I want to sit and now can't.) LOL

Ebay has pepperspray.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=mace&_sacat=0

If you buy pepper spray, buy more than one can. Plan on using up at least one can practising with it, learning the spray pattern, etc.

A friend of mine travelled alone frequently with her dogs. After staying at a less than desirable spot, she decided to get pepper spray for self defence. She kept it on her keychain so it was alway with her.

So, she's staying at a motel and taking her two Shelties out for the last walk of the evening. On her way back to her room, a sketchy looking guy approaches her, so she gets the pepper spray out just in case.

He gets closer, shows a knife and demands her money. She's terrified but she has her pepper spray! She raises it, pushes down on the top and...

Sprays herself on the hand but enough gets into her face to blind her and take her breath away.

Her dogs had been going nuts barking at the mugger but when she started reeling around and gasping for breath, one of the dogs turned around and nailed her on the knee (re-directed aggression). Dog was not kidding, the punctures around her kneecap were over a quarter inch deep.

Fortunately or unfortunately, she did not see which dog did it.

The mugger? She recalls him sort of standing there, apparently stunned for a few seconds, then running off while screaming with laughter.

She ended up going to the ER, where she told her story to a series of medical personnel and hearing hysterical laughter in the distance.

She herself laughs about it now and she even still loves both dogs.

She says herself that she was successful at repelling the mugger but it's not the kind of success she ever wants to repeat.

When me or anyone else tries to link something and it comes up www. *******.com = it's not allowed here. BANNED LINK and for a good reason = rumor and/or B.S. See above. chelsea hoffman

Ah so, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you! She comes across as a sensationalist who feeds into the frenzy. I find that so offensive and only referenced her because of the sweatshirt that got some Tweeters twitting overtime this pm.

That's why I love this forum -- smart, sensitive and polite members from whom I learn so much about sleuthing this unfortunate case.

PS - I'm still concerned about Mama Siamese and her offspring living outside at that horrid spot. Too many predators out there - both four- legged and (sub)human ones.

If you buy pepper spray, buy more than one can. Plan on using up at least one can practising with it, learning the spray pattern, etc.

A friend of mine travelled alone frequently with her dogs. After staying at a less than desirable spot, she decided to get pepper spray for self defence. She kept it on her keychain so it was alway with her.

So, she's staying at a motel and taking her two Shelties out for the last walk of the evening. On her way back to her room, a sketchy looking guy approaches her, so she gets the pepper spray out just in case.

He gets closer, shows a knife and demands her money. She's terrified but she has her pepper spray! She raises it, pushes down on the top and...

Sprays herself on the hand but enough gets into her face to blind her and take her breath away.

Her dogs had been going nuts barking at the mugger but when she started reeling around and gasping for breath, one of the dogs turned around and nailed her on the knee (re-directed aggression). Dog was not kidding, the punctures around her kneecap were over a quarter inch deep.

The mugger? She recalls him sort of standing there, apparently stunned for a few seconds, then running off while screaming with laughter.

She ended up going to the ER, where she told her story to a series of medical personnel and hearing hysterical laughter in the distance.

She says herself that she was successful at repelling the mugger but it's not the kind of success she ever wants to repeat.

Oh my gosh.

I cant laugh because I totally see myself doing something like that.

Could've been tragic, but the mugger running away laughing is just too much for me to picture with a straight face.

Thanks for sharing, I will keep this in mind as I'm looking into some pepper spray for myself.

Ah so, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you! She comes across as a sensationalist who feeds into the frenzy. I find that so offensive and only referenced her because of the sweatshirt that got some Tweeters twitting overtime this pm.

That's why I love this forum -- smart, sensitive and polite members from whom I learn so much about sleuthing this unfortunate case.

PS - I'm still concerned about Mama Siamese and her offspring living outside at that horrid spot. Too many predators out there - both four- legged and (sub)human ones.

I'm so glad you understand. I was not being a *****. I was trying to help since you didn't link, but I knew what you were talking about.

:eek:fftobed:

There was a report on our 11 pm local newcast in Los Angeles area tonight about a 13 yr old girl who ESCAPED from a kidnapper. They had a artists drawing of his face and his tatoos and a car description. And the girl had visible scrapes and bruises from the incident, but was able to escape him. SCARY.

But she was walking home from middle school at 2 pm, all alone, but on a pretty busy residential street. A man was driving slowly alongside her as she walked. he was saying how pretty she was, and he told her she had beautiful lips. [ uugghh]

So she ignored him and kept walking. Then he got out and caught up with her, AND HE HELD UP A BUNCH OF CASH she said, and offered to give her money and she got scared and tried to run off. THEN HE GRABBED HER AND PULLED HER BACK TO HIS CAR, and struggled with her, and he almost had her all the way inside, but she was able to wriggle free and run.

She said it was a dark sedan with a PEACE sign on the hood, which LE thinks might be mercedes symbol. He was a middle aged hispanic man with pock marked face, and a dragon tattoo on his fore arm.

ETA; she ran to a store nearby and called LE immediately but there was no sign of him/ So he is off to somewhere else close by. But it makes me wonder if something similar happened to Sierra.

Thank you beginner's luck for posting those links upthread...

Even though Monterey is about 2 hrs from Morgan Hill, this one bothers me a little bit:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/1999/01/16/MN53564.DTL

Sorry to be lame and quote myself, but it took me a few minutes to get together what about this article I find troubling. From the article (all italics are mine):

Like Christina, Noelani is young, small in stature, has long dark hair and is of Anglo and Filipino descent. Sketches of the suspects in both cases are similar, but there are discrepancies, too.

Sierra is reasonably close to their type then...

Both sets of pictures show a round-faced, pudgy man and a man with a thin, angular face. However, the men in Christina's case were described as having Asian features, while the ones who attacked Noelani are Latino -- although witnesses have been known to confuse the ethnic distinctions in other cases.

I can see this being the work of 2 individuals...

Noelani was kidnapped just blocks from her Jeffrey Drive home during an early morning jog before her first class at Petaluma High School. Her parents called police at 7:22 a.m., and they dispatched teams and helicopters to scout for her. The teenager's captors forced her into a dark brown, four-door sedan and drove to a remote spot off Lynch Road on Petaluma's east side.

....Noelani kicked the skinny man in the groin as he attempted to remove her clothing in a field, and then she outran the chubby assailant. She hid in a field until she believed that she was safe, then crept down to Old Adobe Road, where she was found at 9 a.m. by her uncle, who was searching for her.

Say whaat ? Your insights are great. And I have learned a lot from your descriptions of Sierra's house and that cul de sac. No one else but you mentioned the fact that there were many vehicles around Sierra's house, and the fact that there were farm workers living in back of her house... And the fact that the iron gate in front of her house was usually left open... IMO those are the kind of facts which can lead some place...

Good evening everyone! I am new to this site.

Is there a map on this site with an arrow pointing to where the farm workers live near Sierra's home? Im familiar with MH, as I live about 25 miles from there, and have family living in MH.

Enjoy reading everyone's posts and perspectives.

Good night ...

Good evening everyone! I am new to this site.

Is there a map on this site with an arrow pointing to where the farm workers live near Sierra's home? Im familiar with MH, as I live about 25 miles from there, and have family living in MH.

Enjoy reading everyone's posts and perspectives.

Good night ...

Hmmm, not sure who you mean? There are farm workers who live all over in the general area near her house.

Thank you for that! I feel sorry for her! but I did the same in the cafe at college. (I sat on my purse)

eta: "The Gift of Fear" should be required reading in high school ~jmo

So upset Sierra has not been found. I too took a break and have just been lurking... rules are rules for a reason. So I have stayed mum...

Hmmm, not sure who you mean? There are farm workers who live all over in the general area near her house.

I was referring to this post below from lizb, I've bolded her comment:

I've been following the case, but hadn't read anywhere there were farm workers living in the back of her house. From viewing a close up of google map, it appears, there is a railroad track for a commuter train directly behind here house, a field to the right and an empty gated lot to the left. I was wondering where the filed workers lived behind her, or of not behind her, where exactly.

Thanks you ...

Originally Posted by liz b.
Say whaat ? Your insights are great. And I have learned a lot from your descriptions of Sierra's house and that cul de sac. No one else but you mentioned the fact that there were many vehicles around Sierra's house, and the fact that there were farm workers living in back of her house... And the fact that the iron gate in front of her house was usually left open... IMO those are the kind of facts which can lead some place...

I am wondering if her lost i phone led the perp to her. Does anyone know when she lost it? I was thinking Jan 2012 but I may be wrong...

What is the best way to get back to the latest page for this thread on Websleuth? Bookmark?

I am wondering if her lost i phone led the perp to her. Does anyone know when she lost it? I was thinking Jan 2012 but I may be wrong...

I thought she lost an Apple itouch, which is for music and Internet, no phone. Nevertheless it has personal information in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber