Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar continued Friday as divers from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department searched the Uvas Reservoir.

Deputies said they aren't searching for LaMar's body, just looking for evidence four weeks to the day she disappeared.

This comes after their sonar scan picked up a bunch of unusual images underwater earlier this week.

The department has spent more than 8,900 hours on this case and more than 1,400 tips have come in.

another snip:

On Saturday, detectives will follow up on tips and leads and knock on neighbors doors who live near LaMar's home.
http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17429139/dive

recanvas of the neighborhood?

I hate to post think or to even think it, but I watch Discovery ID and 48 Hours a lot, and one thing they always say is that the first 48 hours are critical and in the case of a kidnapping most times what ever is going to happen it happens in the first hour or two. I think that most of the time it is a crime of impulse and the need is so great the deed is done quickly.

It would not even surprise me that if she was molested it happened before the bag, etc were even thrown out. They may have saved the bag because they recogonized it was expensive and would make a good gift for someone. Wife, girlfriend. I think they were planning to come back and retrieve it, but it was found before they could. As desolate as that area appears I think he could have done whatever he wanted and at that time of the morning no one would ever have known. Maybe someone in the neighborhood who had seen her before. Did she babysit for anyone? And wasn't there a vacant house across the street or nearby. I really am not ready to eliminate any of the farm workers either. I know this is simple theory, but most of the time it is simple and follows a pattern. I hate to think this, but to me it is the most logical explanation. I think the ponds are the most likely place or way out in the woods covered with something. I hope this is not in anyway what has happened and pray for a safe return :please:. jmo

Back to square one?
I hope they have some real tips and are not starting over...

I really had hoped that Sierra had run away...:(

from the way earlier articles were written it seemed as though they really searched the neighbors' homes. (one neighbor described even having his kids' tree house searched).. maybe they are expanding out the knock and talk?

Man, I truly hope they get the lead they need... just one tip or lead could make the difference imhoo

What does everyone else think? Does anyone think they have more than what they are telling the public at this point?

from the way earlier articles were written it seemed as though they really searched the neighbors' homes. (one neighbor described even having his kids' tree house searched).. maybe they are expanding out the knock and talk?

Man, I truly hope they get the lead they need... just one tip or lead could make the difference imhoo

What does everyone else think? Does anyone think they have more than what they are telling the public at this point?

I think they do and I absolutely hope they do because they are not telling anything. They have to know more. jmo

BBM. I think that's a given...isn't that [almost] always true? They may even have unannounced POI's or suspects and are "just" trying to gather enough evidence for an arrest. JMO.

I'm still hoping that she left voluntarily and either is too embarassed to come forward or doesn't care...or she's being held by someone and will escape.

Sadly, I think she was forced into the vehicle too. Sometimes there doesnt have to be a sign of a struggle because the person was so terrified that they became compliant and did as the perp ordered. It is force by submission/coerced, imo.

I think if a menacing adult came up to Sierra and told her to get in the damn car or he would kill her she would have done so. We all like to think kids would struggle, scream, kick and try to get away, but we have seen children like Carlie Brucia being lead away by her rapist and murderer. If Carlie had had anything in her hands she wouldnt have dropped them because she did not struggle to get away not once. So sad to watch.

It was one of the most heartbreaking tapes I have ever watched because I knew that many young victim had mostly been lead away the same way to their death. So stunned by what was happening to them that they did not have time to react.

IMO

Very, very true, oceanblueeyes.

I keep thinking of what amounts to a multi-thousand year semi-controlled study in fighting back: the military.

It's been known for over a century that under battle conditions only about 10% of soldiers actually shoot to kill. Military training for soldiers is all about training them to fight back... and yet, after intensive, concentrated efforts to accomplish this, only 10% actually do?

It says to me that it is way harder than most people realise to teach human beings to fight for their lives, even under conditions where it is clearly to the human's advantage to do so.

I'm always glad to read about people who fought back against perps but I don't expect any victim to do so. Expecting a fight from any victim is highly unrealistic, in my humble opinion.

I don't think they have much, and I think we all know most likely how this is going to end up for SL.... My heart however holds hope however, just one key thing is all they need.... Just something to go on....:(

I am going to say this again, I think more victims "would" fight back. But when the odds are stacked against you, and tney are stronger or have a weapon. They have the control. I can declare from experience, you wait and hope for a window, any advantage you can get, any loophole to get away. People either fight or flight. I choose flight everytime if given a chance. But, you also try to find the right time to fight, I just think sometimes the victim does not get that loophole, that moment in time when they feel its right and the lights go out....so sorry....:(

Hard to say, isn't it? Whether there is considerable information being withheld. Talking to everyone who lives on the street could be productive because there will be questions about the realtor(s), gardeners, trash men & other people extraneous to the residents. They may strike gold if some of the neighbors spend more time at home than LaMar & Gardiner do. Door to door solicitors of all kinds can be scratched since it was sunrise when Sierra disappeared.

I dont think she was in their home
they need to be searching their cars.

I think LE has more information and evidence than we have or know about at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think they know yet how to connect everything they have and know to a particular supsect or location for Sierra.

Sadly, I think she was forced into the vehicle too. Sometimes there doesnt have to be a sign of a struggle because the person was so terrified that they became compliant and did as the perp ordered. It is force by submission/coerced, imo.

I think if a menacing adult came up to Sierra and told her to get in the damn car or he would kill her she would have done so. We all like to think kids would struggle, scream, kick and try to get away, but we have seen children like Carlie Brucia being lead away by her rapist and murderer. If Carlie had had anything in her hands she wouldnt have dropped them because she did not struggle to get away not once. So sad to watch.

It was one of the most heartbreaking tapes I have ever watched because I knew that many young victim had mostly been lead away the same way to their death. So stunned by what was happening to them that they did not have time to react.

IMO

Honestly, I have thought so many times in my head... back and forth.... What WOULD I DO? And I try and feel the panic and just get to that place (I was a serious actress lol) where I am in danger and do not have time to think. If someone held a gun to my head and said get in the car or follow me here or I'll shoot... Well I'm probably going to be found later because in my juvenial and inexperienced mind, I may have a WAY better chance than THAT to get myself out of the situation. Maybe now that I'm more aware of life and the real world, the world where you can't control anything but YOURSELF (as in you can't convince a man to not assault/kill you if he's going to, or a female for that matter), I'd probably fight like the harda$$ bia I know is inside me somewhere and maybe die where I stand. There are also situations in life where me dying isn't just ME dying. In that case I'm not going to be anything but complacent, honestly. So really (you can tell I'm rambling if I have a ton of paranthesis everywhere) I'm just trying to say that, I'm a fighter, I fought girls in school, in my first few months on my own as an adult I fought women twice my age because I had some issues. So really my family would say without a doubt "either she went willingly, or she fought someone she DIDN'T want to go with, no way she went without a fight with someone she didn't know" but in reality, that could seriously be far from the truth.

I know Marlene didn't say anything about the probability of her fighting back, but I also wanted it to be known to the other fighting spunky girls out there who may see Sierra as one of us, we all have different panic responses. I KNOW my anger response. I don't know my panic response as THANKFULLY I have never had to use it. I can just do my best to channel my energies to get a version of it.

Another reason I believe this is a staged cover up of a murder is the shoes and socks.

A serial rapist/murdering stranger is not going to get a young girl in the car.. get her clothes off... rape her.. an then put her socks and shoes back on before or after murdering her. Remember, we have to take shoes off before our pants?? The socks and shoes should have been with or around that bag... oh wait! Did Sierra even have a chance to put her shoes on that morning?

The photo is also staged: IMO.

I.Do.Not.Agree.

FBI/LE has the photo they would know by now if it was "staged" ... to use your words. LE has NEVER said those clothes (found in that bag) were the clothes she HAD ON. Who said she had on socks? Link? And that's MOO.

Mark Lunsford - wrongly accused
Mark Lunsford's dad - wrongly accused
Ed Smart - wrongly accused
Steve Groene - wrongly accused
Tori Stafford's mom - wrongly accused
ETC.
JMO

I am going to say this again, I think more victims "would" fight back. But when the odds are stacked against you, and tney are stronger or have a weapon. They have the control. I can declare from experience, you wait and hope for a window, any advantage you can get, any loophole to get away. People either fight or flight. I choose flight everytime if given a chance. But, you also try to find the right time to fight, I just think sometimes the victim does not get that loophole, that moment in time when they feel its right and the lights go out....so sorry....:(

This is what I was trying to say I imagine my response would be, I think I would just keep thinking "When he turns his back I'll..." or other such thoughts.

You also said you think more victims would fight back with the advantage of a weapon or other such security, this is what I feel as well. I am actually considering getting a weapon after a lifetime of not believing in carrying one under certain legal point that I seem share... with myself :blushing: I just do NOT want to be defenseless! I'm so SCARED to know this world as it is. The hippie in me is losing strength and the paranoid uptight gun-weilding crazy pants is gaining control! (Those are all descriptive words that describe ME and not describing those with guns).

I don't know what to think...at the point of a month in, it seems late to be going back to the neighborhood unless they have specifics guiding them, or are truly at a loss and are starting over. Talking to all of the near neighbors should have been accomplished in the very early days, as they would be the most important potential witnesses. Going back now gives me pause...they are, IMO, trying to confirm some possible info or truly...just grasping at straws. JMO

I think the point of whether she fought at the original place of being taken or getting into a car is kind of moot right now...she may well have gotten willingly into a car, anticipating a ride to school, which would leave no trace of a struggle. Or, if she had headphones on (I wish we knew) she could have been surprised and lifted right off the ground into a car. Again, no signs of struggle. Just no way to know, until/unless we ever do...

This case has always pulled at my heartstrings. I felt sick after seeing it. He looked like he was wearing scrubs or something with a name tag.

I think they know they have a large audience at the moment. The whole point of Twitter is basically to say "look at me, listen to what I have to say!"

JMO

I agree and I hope LE is part of their audience if for nothing else to teach them a lesson. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine