GUILTY CA - Sophia Parker Pedreros, 2, Humbolt County, 20 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FB RUMOR- body in water near Coffee Creek Bridge, waiting for confirmation. That was posted 40 mins ago. :(

I just got the update via text Gardenlady.

My heart is breaking.

FB RUMOR - search center being closed; coroner has been called. Nothing confirmed.

Edit: this info has been taken down as quickly as it was posted. Take it for what you will.

This little one with the big brown eyes and curls really gets to me. She and little Ava Riggle look a lot like my daughter did at that age, gives me goosebumps.

So sad for them and their families. :(

Comment from a neighbor says Mom was mentally ill. Father tried to have child removed from her custody several times, saying she was going to hurt the child.

How many times does this have to happen?

There are some very revealing comments at that redding.com article.

I wish people took mental illness more seriously. We see over and over again what happens when those who need help are not given it. We can't just sweep it under the rug and hope for the best. This is also why the denial of the parents and the seemingly lax house arrest standards in the Guy case worry me so much. Clearly there is some kind of illness involved, and there is another little one at risk there. God forbid little Z ends up like poor Sophia someday. So awful and so frustrating! :banghead:

I was just going to say something about the Guy case, you are so right!

2-year-old still missing in Trinity County; mom charged with felony child endangerment

Shasta, Siskiyou, federal and state law enforcement join in the search
Jessica Cejnar/The Times-Standard
Posted: 05/21/2011 12:43:54 PM PDT

A McKinleyville woman whose toddler is the subject of a major search effort in Humboldt and Trinity counties has been charged with felony child endangerment, according to the latest press release Saturday.

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_18109509?source=most_viewed
Maybe there's still hope. Someone assumed because she was arrested and then heard a scanner call for a different incident.

I am crying it's so inhuman to do this to anyone most of all a child. God Bless you Sophia. You are now an Angel in Heaven as you were on Earth.

Missing 2-year-old found dead in Trinity River; mother charged with murder

A McKinleyville toddler who was the subject of a major search effort in Humboldt and Trinity counties was found dead in the Trinity River north of Coffee Creek on Saturday afternoon, according to law enforcement.

Her mother is now being charged with murder.

More: http://www.times-standard.com/ci_18113265

Does this make sense to anyone? Is there background info on the mom?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut
Back