CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where was the debit card last used, do we know?

-Nin

We don't know where. We don't know what she bought and if she was the one buying it. We don't know who took her to that location There's so much we don't know. We really need her family here. But there may be circumstances that make it wise for them to lie low.

We don't know where. We don't know what she bought and if she was the one buying it. We don't know who took her to that location There's so much we don't know. We really need her family here. But there may be circumstances that make it wise for them to lie low.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Lilibet.

Thank you, Lilibet. Prayers for Stacey and the family.

-Nin

I keep checking in, hoping friends or family have been verified. I don't see how we can do much more to help without getting some concrete info that isn't in MSM.

Since I'm all caught up and confused on the Sherri case I thought I would pop over here. My mom and her cousins keep sharing help find Stacey FB page it has given me interest to see what's happening. My family lives in the north state and my mom is her age. Growing up in Redding going to school with 2 blondes who have gone "missing" although Sherri is back, these cases make me sad and scared. Hope Stacy's family gets answers

Since I'm all caught up and confused on the Sherri case I thought I would pop over here. My mom and her cousins keep sharing help find Stacey FB page it has given me interest to see what's happening. My family lives in the north state and my mom is her age. Growing up in Redding going to school with 2 blondes who have gone "missing" although Sherri is back, these cases make me sad and scared. Hope Stacy's family gets answers

Welcome JLM. How nice that your Mom and her cousin sharing Stacey's FB page brought you here. At the moment some of us are sleuthing behind the scenes just to get a sense of the area and Stacey. There's nothing for us to post at the moment but we want to be ready. :)

If I understand you correctly, you went to school with Tera and Sherri. That's very difficult and I can understand sad and scared. Now that Sherri is back, I hope people will help Stacey's family get answers and at least support her family as you are.

Ok, thinking about this, we have heard from the investigator that the boyfriend says SS moved out. Do we have any indication as to where he thinks she went? Did she still have the trailer, was her "stuff" in it? Did it look like she had ever moved back in it? (If it is the type of trailer you can live in, even if only short term).

Had she gotten a new place or was going to stay with someone (according to him). This goes back to my earlier questions about the timing of the breakup and the relationship to the timing of the party she was at. Is the party the last place she was seen?

It would be great if someone from the Moose Lodge where he has a volunteer job sees this and lends us some insight to timing or places where the boyfriend might hang out in the wilderness. Lot of water around there from looking at the map. Or, if someone there knows the last time they saw them together.

Ok, thinking about this, we have heard from the investigator that the boyfriend says SS moved out. Do we have any indication as to where he thinks she went? Did she still have the trailer, was her "stuff" in it? Did it look like she had ever moved back in it? (If it is the type of trailer you can live in, even if only short term).

Had she gotten a new place or was going to stay with someone (according to him). This goes back to my earlier questions about the timing of the breakup and the relationship to the timing of the party she was at. Is the party the last place she was seen?

It would be great if someone from the Moose Lodge where he has a volunteer job sees this and lends us some insight to timing or places where the boyfriend might hang out in the wilderness. Lot of water around there from looking at the map. Or, if someone there knows the last time they saw them together.

More relevant questions. Thanks! I imagine Stacey's family knows about the trailer, etc. The Moose Lodge people probably could answer your question. I hope LE has interviewed them.

But here's the thing. This is a small community. Families are intertwined. It's not easy to know who to trust. The fear factor kicks in and people are afraid to talk. I get it, even if I don't like it. We feared retaliation in a couple of situations when we lived in Humboldt county and we had to involve LE. So I will be very surprised if people talk...to LE, a PI, the press or us. It's frustrating and sad.
JMO

Yes, I was the same grade with SP's sister and sister n law and Tera was a grade below me. My family still lives in the area I grew up so my mom keeps me posted on the heat day going on with these cases. Nothing I can talk about on here.

Hope me some new info comes out soon on this case. Has the BF had a LDT?

Welcome JLM. How nice that your Mom and her cousin sharing Stacey's FB page brought you here. At the moment some of us are sleuthing behind the scenes just to get a sense of the area and Stacey. There's nothing for us to post at the moment but we want to be ready. :)

If I understand you correctly, you went to school with Tera and Sherri. That's very difficult and I can understand sad and scared. Now that Sherri is back, I hope people will help Stacey's family get answers and at least support her family as you are.

Yes, I was the same grade with SP's sister and sister n law and Tera was a grade below me. My family still lives in the area I grew up so my mom keeps me posted on the heat day going on with these cases. Nothing I can talk about on here.

Hope me some new info comes out soon on this case. Has the BF had a LDT?

We haven't heard about whether the BF took a LDT or whether he was asked to take on.

Here's the Moose Lodge. 71 Lewiston Turnpike Rd
http://www.yellowpages.com/lewiston-ca/mip/loyal-order-of-moose-458506575

Their website
http://www.lewistonmoose2495.org/

I just can't imagine where you're going with this...wink, wink. ;)

Thanks for the link, I really didn't know what the Moose Lodge did or was. You hear about it and I drive by one all the time in my own community. Lewiston sounds like a nice close knit small community. Wouldn't it be great if someone from the Moose Lodge made it a day to do a search with their members choosing an area that the investigator that they have hired thinks would be a good probable one to cover. They would also be supporting one of their own.

Why would the phone be disconnected? Is the family able to contact the phone company and see if the number was forwarded to another location? At the very least, able to tell when it was disconnected. Unless it was in SS's name, I don't see why the ex would've had it disconnected if he planned to continue living there.

From the article you linked "Santos-Hamann added that her grandmother (Smart’s mother) had been trying to get ahold of Smart, but the phone at her residence had been disconnected. Santos-Hamann said she’d been somewhat out of the loop because she and her children were ill with the flu. But when Santos-Hamann’s great-grandmother died Oct. 31 and there was still no contact she got very concerned." Does anyone know if the phone was disconnected before she was reported missing, when or why? I would be very concerned if it was disconnected after she was realized missing, and before reported and who disconnected it.

Why would the phone be disconnected? Is the family able to contact the phone company and see if the number was forwarded to another location? At the very least, able to tell when it was disconnected. Unless it was in SS's name, I don't see why the ex would've had it disconnected if he planned to continue living there.

I would think they could find out about the disconnection. I'm still not clear if she was living in her trailer, where she might need a phone, or in the house, where the phone would belong to BF. I'm also surprised she only had a landline phone...at least that's how it sounds.

Yes, thankfully the family has someone in their corner searching. I don't like to talk down about LE, but it is really disappointing to see how little involvement they have had in the searches. I understand they may not know where to go or they feel the case is already cold. But based on a few comments on that article, there is plenty of work they could still be doing. MOO

Finally, news! The family has hired a search manager, Angie Forslund. She is has made progress without the help of LE who have not even used their SAR
team, and have done nothing, according to Angi. The family believes Stacey is not alive. Angi considers the boyfriend a suspect.

According to Forslund and the family, Smart's boyfriend changed the carpet in his home near Lewiston Lake after Smart was reported missing. He also told the family she had moved out.

Forslund has conducted three searches to find Smart since November 9. Since then, she has received multiple leads and is now looking for a navy jacket, tan carpet and plywood as pieces of evidence.

BBM
VIDEO AT LINK
http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-n...ty/papini-found-smart-still-missing/185233458

Yes, thankfully the family has someone in their corner searching. I don't like to talk down about LE, but it is really disappointing to see how little involvement they have had in the searches. I understand they may not know where to go or they feel the case is already cold. But based on a few comments on that article, there is plenty of work they could still be doing. MOO

The LE problem is fairly typical of Humboldt and Trinity counties. Little money, low staffing and lots of serious crime. Although it would be nice for Stacey's family to have more help from LE, you really are pretty much on your own in those counties. It's frustrating but it's best to accept the reality and do as much you can for yourself. I solved our home burglary in Humboldt years ago. LE gave me information and I ran with it. They didn't have the resources to devote to it. And I wasn't about to sit around and hope they'd find our stuff. They helped when it came time to make arrests. Stacey's family seems to be doing the same thing and I truly hope their efforts will be successful. LE will jump in once they uncover some solid information for LE to work with. I encourage them to keep good relations and communication with LE.

"Furthermore, detectives have been unable to make contact with a key witness in the case — a woman who left the state"

Must be a good reason as to why LE won't release the name of the key witness so the public can maybe help with her whereabouts.

I sure hope this Trinity Journal (weekly newspaper) is considered MSM because the article is packed full of great information, including the boyfriend's explanation about the carpet changes:

http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/local/article_0186542a-b6a6-11e6-bebe-476f9dace23b.html
The boyfriend, Tony Brand, had been living near the Pine Cove Marina by Lewiston Lake with Smart when she went missing around the middle of October.
Brand told the Journal he didn’t report Smart missing because he thought she had left him without letting him know.
Had she done this before? What caused him to conclude that?
She had her own room in the home in addition to their shared room
Why? Who tolerates that sort of broken relationship? Is her stuff still in the room?
“This whole time we’ve just been waiting for her to come back and show up and she hasn’t,” Brand said. “I just hope and pray that she’s OK. I do really love the girl and we did have a lot of good times.”
Didn't he originally tell SS family that they had broke up? Either he or SS family are lying here.
Brand acknowledged he was asked to take a lie detector test but said he didn’t flat out decline. He wanted to make sure it was done correctly and had not talked to his attorney at that point.

He hasn’t been asked by the Sheriff’s Office to take a lie detector test since, he said, adding he doesn’t see the point since he is no longer considered by the Sheriff’s Office to be a person of interest in the case.
He was considered a POI? Why weren't we openly sleuthing him?
Although Trinity County Sheriff Bruce Haney told the Journal last week that the “boyfriend” is not currently considered a person of interest in the case, Whitman said everyone who had contact with Smart is a person of interest, and “we haven’t ruled out anybody.”
Mods, if everyone (including TB) is considered a POI, can we sleuth TB (and also the missing woman who left town)?

About the carpet:
Brand said he and Smart had cut out a piece to make a nice entry to the master bedroom and he had made a design there with pieces of carpet. Brand added that he offered that the deputies could pull up the design to look underneath, and they did.

“We weren’t able to inspect the carpeting removed because he couldn’t tell us where it was,” Whitman said.

Investigators looked under the new padding at the flooring underneath which was not new, Whitman said, and saw nothing such as dried blood to indicate anything had happened.
There goes my smoking gun.
there have been several reported sightings of Smart in front of Weaverville Gas. She was reported to be with an older man in a green SUV. These are people that know her, “they saw and hugged her,” he said.
One of Brand's senior clients? A creeper? Does someone from around town or nearby towns own such a vehicle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn
Back