CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad to know theer's a thread for this lady. Any info besides that she's missing and her name, age and location?

Where is the boyfriend now? As he been interviewed? Is he searching for her?

A missing woman and so little interest on this thread, sad
BBM

It's a demographic thing, unfortunately. Middle-aged women get very little attention, especially when there is someone young and pretty missing nearby. I'm helping on Sherri Papini's thread, but women like Stacey need attention too. I just posted on Stephanie Warner's thread asking members to come here and help or give support. Redheads over 40 need to stick together. :)

ETA: I realize Stacey is described as blonde and I keep referring to her as a redhead. I'm going by one of the photos of her with shorter red hair. She just looks like a redhead to me.

Here is a new article discussing both Stacy and Sherri Papini.

Santos knows her mother was in the area on Oct. 15, because Smart attended a housewarming party in Pine Cove Marina in Lewiston, and she was seen with friends.
<snip>
Santos said her mother moved to Lewiston with a travel trailer over the summer from Weaverville to live with her boyfriend.
<snip>
Santos said her family plans to hire an investigator in the coming days to help in the search for her mother.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/t...97-6235-6356-e053-0100007fa673-401037316.html

Bumping for Stacey.

Thanks Lilibet, for bringing her case to our attention.

:bump:

This article from Sunday 11/13 describes the first search. Also, her phone mailbox is full and she hasn't used her bank card since mid-October about the last time she was seen.

"Volunteers combed public &#8212; and with permission, some private &#8212; lands on Saturday, including up and down Trinity Dam Boulevard, Lewiston's main thoroughfare. Their base was the Pine Cove Marina, which sits along Lewiston Lake and is near Smart's home."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/v...33-ae96-3bfc-e053-0100007f9594-400958736.html

I assure you that the investigators are aware of the concern. Sill no news.

I'm so sorry. This has to be hitting your small town hard. If you are a friend or family of Stacey's you could become a verified insider. That would allow you to give more information if you choose to. But if you prefer not to that's understandable.

Here is the link with instructions to become verified.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Where is the boyfriend in all of this? Is he cooperating?

He showed up at the ground search and his property was searched by dogs, as was his patio boat. He was unable to participate as he had to "go to work" at his volunteer position at the Local Moose Lodge. The night prior to the search he posted an odd Facebook post and referred to her being missing as the "strange thing that happened to his girlfriend"
He has made no posting since then. Has not made any pleas for her safe return on local television stations or newspapers.

http://www.redding.com/topstories/v...33-ae96-3bfc-e053-0100007f9594-400958736.html

We had about 58 people show up. Nothing of evidentiary value was found. The community continues to be frustrated at what seems like little interest by authorities.

I'm interested in what "little interest" means specifically. Believe me, I'm not challenging your perception at all. I've followed enough Humboldt and Trinity cases to know how frustrated family and friends get. These rural counties are vast, wild and understaffed with LE, especially in outlying areas.

Does the sheriff consider her voluntarily missing or endangered missing or missing under suspicious circumstances?

So far, what has the Sheriff's Department done to find Tracey? Has a detective been assigned to her case? Has her boyfriend been interviewed? Have her friends been interviewed? Has her trailer been searched? Have they flown a helicopter over the river? Brought in dogs? Done a grid search near her home? These things were done in the initial stages of Stephanie Warner's case (featured in my signature) in rural Jackson county in Southern Oregon.

Is there anything in particular you would like the sheriff to do in addition to what has been done so far? Is her daughter able to meet with them and get updates as well as request that these things be done? It's important to maintain a good working relationship with LE despite frustration, as hard as that is, but it's also important to stay on top of things constantly.

Has she been able to get the local press to interview a representative from the Sheriff's Department?

Has a NamUS file for Stacey been opened? WS has a resources thread for families explaining this and much more.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?188-Families-of-the-Missing-Resources-helps-tips

The must-read article linked below has practical advice for families. Here is a quote encouraging families to get involved:

A missing person is too important to be left to one person. Those family members who wish to “leave it to the professionals,” and sit back on the couch to let the police do thework will probably get out of this what they put into it. I prefer the Team Approach, with the family involved in a productive way. We must help law enforcement to accomplish this mission, and if they do not know how, we can show them the way.

http://onlineathens.com/multimedia/pdfs/110308missing_student.pdf

The same article but seems to have a couple of additions, if you can stand reading with a bright green background!

http://porchlightforthemissinganduid.tripod.com/

Please keep posting here and we will help brainstorm. Hoping for Stacey's speedy return.

The big ol red flag here is that the BF didn't file a MP report nor alert Stacey's family that she was missing. Ever. She had been missing for weeks and he never said a word.

If that doesn't set off your hinky meter, nothing will.

The big ol red flag here is that the BF didn't file a MP report nor alert Stacey's family that she was missing. Ever. She had been missing for weeks and he never said a word.

If that doesn't set off your hinky meter, nothing will.

Yup, yup and yup. I really hope they have thoroughly searched his property and surrounding areas. And I hope LE will have better results than they have for Stephanie Warner.

Great article. Lots of information...debit card last used 10/16, the reason it took from 10/12 to 11/2 to report Stacey missing, areas searched, etc.

From the Trinity County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, information officer Lynn Ward on Tuesday reported there are no new developments in the case at this time. Search efforts have been conducted on the residence and the property where Smart was living, as well as surrounding areas. Detectives are continuing to follow up on leads.

Santos-Hamann was dismayed that because of days off detectives apparently did not get involved until Nov. 8. However, since then they appear to be working hard on the case questioning friends and family and following leads, she said.

http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Thank you Lilibet for keeping this missing lady's post going. It seems no one cares very much.

Everyone is on Sherri Papini's site rehashing the same little detail for pages upon pages, its true she is pretty, younger and with a better (more exciting?) lifestyle, but that should not be the bar by which people judge a case. Right now I'm the only member here.

Well ... I think people care, but it seems to me that there is a pretty good suspect in this case. We are talking about a woman who doesn't have a car and isn't able to just "walk" away. It is unfortunate for her family that they didn't know she was missing for so long.

Thank you Lilibet for keeping this missing lady's post going. It seems no one cares very much.

Everyone is on Sherri Papini's site rehashing the same little detail for pages upon pages, its true she is pretty, younger and with a better (more exciting?) lifestyle, but that should not be the bar by which people judge a case. Right now I'm the only member here.

You're welcome and thank you for stopping by. I totally agree with you. I noticed last night that on the Find Stacey FB page there were few to no comments after each post. On Sherri's it goes on and on. I don't begrudge Sherri that attention at all. But in this country if you are over 40, average looks, without a compelling story like Bob Harrod's, very few people are interested. It's tragic and frustrating but it's the fact.

We were very fortunate with Stephanie Warner (43) that there were quite a few very dedicated WSers initially and for many months plus one above-and-beyond reporter (cultivated by a WSer). But even here in the local area there was not a lot of intense interest. And her family is far away. And now her case is in a holding pattern because her body hasn't been found and there isn't enough evidence apparently to arrest her BF.

I've said many times that each of us could "adopt" a quiet thread, or several, and post at least monthly with words of support to show family and friends that someone cares. I believe Tricia has made that request too.

I hope Stacey can be found. There isn't much sleuthing we can do with the info we have so far. Hopefully that will change.

A few questions I'd like answers to...

Who was the last known person to see Stacey?

What reason does her BF give for not reporting her missing?

Where did she use her debit card on 10/16?

How did she get there? Who was she with? What was her mood?

When was her home phone disconnected? Did she make an effort to contact anyone in her family after her phone was disconnected?

Does she have a cell phone?

When was was the last time she called her family, or did they always call Stacey?

Does she still have ties to Weaverville? Property there?

How did she hurt her leg?

Was she ever in an abusive relationship, past or current?

I'm sure there are more questions of interest. Anyone?

Based on reading the FindStacey FB, other poking around, and comments here it seems like the BF did something untoward. Considering he didn't report her missing, I'm inclined to agree.

That's a huge red flag!!!

Smart is 52 years old. She is about 5&#8217;8&#8243; with blue eyes and pixie cut hair&#8211;slightly shorter than that shown in the photo. &#8220;She likes to wear hats,&#8221; Santos said. &#8220;She has a lower-back tattoo of a red lotus blossom.&#8221;

I think that a recent picture with the pixie haircut and a graphic of the tattoo will be of help.

Facts worth to look at:

Groups that she belongs to: crafts, hobbies, church, etc.

Last time she was seen by:
therapist for her injured leg, postman, hairstylist (pixies needs maintenance, I've one), neighbors, newspaper boy

Any unusual purchases, subscriptions or charges on her credit card or bank account?

Any prescription refills?

Are her belongings still at her BF's? shoes? purses? makeup? her hats???

Any video footage from the locations mentioned above? drugstore? grocery shop? hairstylist? therapist?

Hoping and praying for her safe return.

Smart is 52 years old. She is about 5&#8217;8&#8243; with blue eyes and pixie cut hair&#8211;slightly shorter than that shown in the photo. &#8220;She likes to wear hats,&#8221; Santos said. &#8220;She has a lower-back tattoo of a red lotus blossom.&#8221;

I think that a recent picture with the pixie haircut and a graphic of the tattoo will be of help.

Facts worth to look at:

Groups that she belongs to: crafts, hobbies, church, etc.

Last time she was seen by:
therapist for her injured leg, postman, hairstylist (pixies needs maintenance, I've one), neighbors, newspaper boy

Any unusual purchases, subscriptions or charges on her credit card or bank account?

Any prescription refills?

Are her belongings still at her BF's? shoes? purses? makeup? her hats???

Any video footage from the locations mentioned above? drugstore? grocery shop? hairstylist? therapist?

Hoping and praying for her safe return.

Smart questions. Does anyone know the name of her kids? Mate someone can reach out to them and let them know about this thread.

Public interest in a case is always important.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back