Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another other scenario is they were forced from home, but that seems like effort beyond what would be motivated by a lawsuit dispute, imo - plus, very risky for the perpetrator.
I agree with most lawsuit type situations. But, I also think the existence of a lawsuit in conjunction with the totality of the circumstances raise red flags.

I had some friends who were sued because their adopted daughter had purportedly instigated (but not participated in) a school fight leading to claimed injuries. A lawyer in my parish told me that creative lawsuits are increasing as too many lawsuit attorneys leads to hunting for scraps.

Anyways....

- The information they received from the Court gave the direct impression that they could lose their house and everything else. The court info did not provide legal info on exempt property, nor the legal need to support the million dollar claim. Rather, the additional notice sent by the judge subjectively seemed to welcome them into a.... well oiled law suit machine.

Mix in the possibility that a plaintiff can be a neighbor- adding to a sense of betrayal, there could be a situation where a defendant reacts with "Nothing to lose, going to war" after being sued.

Last edited:
But it's possible they have niblings (nieces and nephews). They might not be so close as to speak to the media or be well-known by the Menard's neighbors.
For all we know they might even have estranged children.
All great points. I just hope any relatives were informed they were missing before this became national news.

Friends of the Menards told ABC that the couple was being harassed, and that they fear this might be related to their disappearance.
When asked if she thought the seventy-year-olds would return, Wilkerson said: 'my gut feeling is that they're not.'

If the Menards are found, friends are worried about under what circumstances.

'If they do find them, how?' Marinelli said.

RBBM

Absolutely infuriating.

Horrible.

JMVHO.

The neighbor "knows" that they would not leave on a computer or TV? We often go on errands, leaving both on. It is easy enough to overlook,when the screen saver pops on.

That seems strange to me that a neighbor would say something like that. As if to continue some sort of nefarious outcome.
Moo...some people are very energy conscious and/or try to keep electricity bills low. I always shut down everything. ...moo

I agree with most lawsuit type situations. But, I also think the existence of a lawsuit in conjunction with the totality of the circumstances raise red flags.

I had some friends who were sued because their adopted daughter had purportedly instigated (but not participated in) a school fight leading to claimed injuries. A lawyer in my parish told me that creative lawsuits are increasing as too many lawsuit attorneys leads to hunting for scraps.

Anyways....

- The information they received from the Court gave the direct impression that they could lose their house and everything else. The court info did not provide legal info on exempt property, nor the legal need to support the million dollar claim. Rather, the additional notice sent by the judge subjectively seemed to welcome them into a.... well oiled law suit machine.

Mix in the possibility that a plaintiff can be a neighbor- adding to a sense of betrayal, there could be a situation where a defendant reacts with "Nothing to lose, going to war" after being sued.

Can you explain this? What information from the court? I saw they were suing the property owners but am I missing they have ruled on it already?

Thanks for that! - I drew a big zero when looking for cases in the Bernadino County court site under their names. Trellis requires a subscription to view the documents though was I couldn't see any details - maybe another member here has a subscription. UPDATE: I found the cases if I entered first name and last name (normal court search engines have you enter last name comma first name.) The three cases came up. In one, a request for a restraining order against the harasser was denied by the court but the case is active. One case was dismissed, the third is active and judgement was entered in June according to case notes but no details. Public Portal - Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino

How you you getting logged in on the San Bernardino site? I register and then when I go to look, it wont let me.

Can you explain this? What information from the court? I saw they were suing the property owners but am I missing they have ruled on it already?
You are not missing anything.

My reference to letters / material from the Court were in the general sense. The court material that I saw (separate case, another state) implied that the couple I knew were at direct risk of losing their home and everything else. Likewise, I subjectively did not like the tone of a notification letter they received by the judge.

I only offered the example to illustrate that bad feelings from people on the receiving end of a lawsuit can be exacerbated by the Court material they receive. This could generate a "Nothing to lose, going to war" response.

Growing up, I spent a fair amount of time in the areas of Reche Canyon. They used to have a Pizza place that I really loved.

It's an interesting area. It's kind of separate from Colton, Riverside, Loma Linda, Redlands and San Bernardino, but easily accessible to any of these areas.

Is any branch of the Santa Ana River near to their RV Park? I have seen something called Warm Creek mentioned that is apparently on a connecting part of the river. I don't recall hearing about when I lived there. The Santa Ana, to my memory, was never a real recreational spot and it was sometimes dry but could also be full and raging. If anyone is out that way, do you know what the depth and current might be today?

I remember lots of reeds and cat tails that could obscure the contents of it's banks.

Probably a long shot, but I think that it could be a place worth looking into.
AJMO

Large numbers of law enforcement officers have gathered near the home of a Colton couple missing since this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members