CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither one of them uses the Aquatic Center, to my knowledge. I'm not sure why she would be headed in that direction, if the case. It would definitely be unusual (esp. given the other circumstances, as mentioned) - and indicates to me something happened, whether it be an outside force or some sort of mental incident.
Kjac22:
Where does Susan's husband (your dad) work out, do you know? It was said that he was leaving at 6am to go workout. Do you know if he mentioned to other people that morning while he was working out, that Susan was going to go to the shopping center?

I don't know about that area but here our shopping centers are pretty empty till 9 am.
sure the grocery stope opens at 7 am but its usually just a few peeps.... I have a few very nice and busy centers here but they are not busy in the early morning im sure if there was a struggle with someone she would have been seen but no one would notice a woman just walking off....And she would walk off easily with someone she knows!

Neither one of them uses the Aquatic Center, to my knowledge. I'm not sure why she would be headed in that direction, if the case. It would definitely be unusual (esp. given the other circumstances, as mentioned) - and indicates to me something happened, whether it be an outside force or some sort of mental incident.

Kjac - What about Mahany? If my recollection is correct (and granted, it may not be...), I believe there are workout facilities in the Mahany Park clubhouse, which is directly adjacent to the soccer field that you've identified on the map you posted on FB, and which is at least in the general direction that the scent trail followed... Did he work out at Mahany on that morning, or is that where he would typically workout?

From this article dated May 8th, 2013

http://www.kcra.com/news/husband-of...lay/-/11797728/20058240/-/lwa9oa/-/index.html

Susan's husband says this in the article:

"That morning when she told me she was going shopping, I didn't think much of it," Jacobson said. "She had a few errands to run and she had to catch up on some things."

Kjac22, do you know what he meant by that? In addition to running a few errands, do you know what she "had to catch up on"?
There could be some clues if it is also known what else she "had" to do that morning/ day.....

Also, how is LE treating this case? Have they given any indication if they believe Susan left on her own, or if a crime has been committed? Seems awfully quiet if LE thinks she was literally taken by force while trying to grocery shop.

What gym was her husband working out at?

I heard third hand (so I can't be sure this is true) that Susan's husband works out at the fitness center in Sun City Roseville. This would make sense, as I believe it is free to residents and close to home (~.5 miles).

In a community like Sun City, I would expect that many of the people who exercise have a relatively consistent schedule and recognize, if not know the names of, the people who exercise at the same time.

There is a man 57 yrs old missing from Calabasas the night before Susan went missing.

Why/
Go back a diferent day with maybe a diff dog and give the scent of the last person to see her and see if the dog responds.

I don't know I don't think its a bad idea!

Good question and idea, IMO.

Granted I don't have a ton of experience with tracking dogs (thankfully haven't needed to!) but from reading here on WS, both individual cases and some of the Q&A for the SAR/dog experts, I haven't heard of them following trails of the last people to be around the missing person. I wonder why that is? Seems like there must be a reason for it, because I agree it sounds like a good idea, and I can see it being helpful in several cases I've followed.

The closest I recall was in the Lizzie and Lyric case (cousins who went missing in Evansdale), and in that case the dogs sniffed the family members to "rule them out" so that they knew now only which scents to follow but also which scents not to follow, or at least that was how the one family member explained it. Could it have been useful to have the dogs try to track where the family members went? I don't know, but it's a good question.

In my experience, people often refinance for the reasons previously noted, however, many will refinance to remove someone from the loan, thereby removing their liability for repayment of said loan. She can remain on title to the property, yet removed from the loan via the refi., or she could also have been removed from both the loan and title. Important to note, in the state of California, she would have to specifically quit claim (file quit claim deed) all her interest in the property, as CA is a community property state....I'd be curious to see if there was any change in that regard to the title of their property....

Someone can also be removed from the title but be on the loan. I've known several people who got into that situation during messy divorces. In the 3 situations I can think of, one of the two spouses had a good attorney and the other spouse was ready to sign anything just to get out of the mess, so the "losing" (for lack of a better word) spouses signed quit claims to remove their interest in the property but found out years later that OOPS, they were still liable for the loan.

Not saying that applies here, but it would be interesting to know if there was a change in ownership on the title, or in liability on the loan.

Good question and idea, IMO.

Granted I don't have a ton of experience with tracking dogs (thankfully haven't needed to!) but from reading here on WS, both individual cases and some of the Q&A for the SAR/dog experts, I haven't heard of them following trails of the last people to be around the missing person. I wonder why that is? Seems like there must be a reason for it, because I agree it sounds like a good idea, and I can see it being helpful in several cases I've followed.

The closest I recall was in the Lizzie and Lyric case (cousins who went missing in Evansdale), and in that case the dogs sniffed the family members to "rule them out" so that they knew now only which scents to follow but also which scents not to follow, or at least that was how the one family member explained it. Could it have been useful to have the dogs try to track where the family members went? I don't know, but it's a good question.

Exactly! I don't understand why they cant do that! Sure makes sense to me!

Just read this whole thread. I keep wondering if the person who took the wallet and the person who took Susan are two different people, independent of each other. For instance if Susan was forcefully taken from her car, and her purse was left in the car, then someone comes along and sees a purse sitting in an unlocked car, grabs the wallet out of the purse and takes off with it. Later to discard it along the way after taking the money and credit cards. Just a thought.

Meanwhile, prayers for Susan and her family.

This is the scenario I'm leaning towards too. I'm not even sure why but I feel it's very possible that it's two separate incidents, though obviously they're closely related. Also possible maybe Susan dropped the wallet somehow while getting in or out of her car, someone grabbed the wallet form the ground, and similar to what you described took the money and credit cards and tossed it.

Odd that the credit cards haven't been used though.

Someone can also be removed from the title but be on the loan. I've known several people who got into that situation during messy divorces. In the 3 situations I can think of, one of the two spouses had a good attorney and the other spouse was ready to sign anything just to get out of the mess, so the "losing" (for lack of a better word) spouses signed quit claims to remove their interest in the property but found out years later that OOPS, they were still liable for the loan.

Not saying that applies here, but it would be interesting to know if there was a change in ownership on the title, or in liability on the loan.

What about a gambling debt?
Or something like that.

Would someone refinance for something like that?

ERRN1313 interesting theory....that does happen, someone seeing something they can grab quick form unlocked cars

I don't know that LE has more recently indicated that credit cards have been used or not...at least I have not seen an update

here is a good article , I am not sure if was posted here or not, telling about the initial search efforts. Has an interesting comment , fwiw.
http://celebrityexaminer.com/2013/05/05/hunt-continues-for-missing-sun-city-resident/

Oh wow, good find. I hope the tip in the comment was followed up on.

Two separate events happening to Susan on that morning is at least one too many for me. A small town...two different criminals appearing early in the morning to rob, or abduct this woman? I can't buy that, JMO.

Hello everyone! I've been reading Websleuths for a while now, but have never posted. I just recently registered.

This is a very interesting case. One of the many questions I have is could the Aquaplex be where the husband went to workout? Could Susan have been trying to reach him after being accosted or due to disorientation from some kind of medical event? Kind of far fetched, but just trying to brainstorm. Praying for her family and her safe return.

Good question. I'm still trying to figure out if the Aquatics center was even open on that date and time. It looks like this is the right one based on the maps and FB photos:

http://www.roseville.ca.us/parks/parks_n_facilities/facilities/pools/roseville_aquatics_complex.asp

If so, it doesn't seem like they have much going on until the end of May. According to this there's a little more going on at the indoor pool: http://www.roseville.ca.us/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=26124, but not a lot. The only thing before 8am appears to be lap swimming, but I can't tell if that's year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam