CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is not alone, that could be one way of managing her life over the last month, in my opinion....

But it is difficult to even do that, without leaving phone or computer records. I think we were told she did not use a cell phone. She would have had to have been meeting up with someone in person to make plans, I guess.

the thing I just don't get , is the wallet...if someone approached her and made her hand it over, why would they toss it in so obvious a spot...I could see tossing it over in the bushes
BUT the bigger thing is if she DID hand it over , so to speak, then WHERE is she?>? Apparently 'they' didn't boink her over the head....Wouldn't she have quickly made her way into Raleys or Starbucks and asked for help??

oh crap- you reckon they checked the trunk??? where is the car now????

oh I forgot though , it has been a month

hmm well, wonder if they took the car in for forensics?

It would definitely be more promising and hopeful that Susan left willingly on her own, if that is the case.

Anyone remember Wazinah Suleiman the mother of 5 that went missing and they found her car then a week later they found that she was hiding from her husband she was afraid of him

A local lady who trains tracking dogs and has volunteered on other missing person cases in the past, volunteered to help us, and on Saturday morning her and her tracking dogs were able to pick up Susan’s scent at the Raley’s shopping center in the parking lot, and track it near where her wallet was found, and south across the Woodcreek/Pleasant Grove intersection past the bus stop and soccer field, then into the fields behind the library and towards the Aquatics Center. The tracking dogs then lost the scent in this area. On Sunday they came out earlier in the morning (when it was cooler) and tried the same area – still finding scent confirmations in that area but not able to find a scent trail beyond what was found on Saturday. The tracker was certain Susan was in this area, going south towards the Aquatics Center and deeper along a few paths just north of the center, but had problems following a trail in this area. Why she was heading this direction and what happened beyond this point where the scent stopped would only be speculation at this point. There were a few spots on the trail where the dogs got strong markings of scent, but then the scent stopped. I will say that this would be very unusual for her to head this direction on her own, as she would have no reason to my knowledge to head this way, especially given the other facts we know – going shopping at Raley’s (but never going in or towards the store), found unlocked car, found purse in car, found wallet found on sidewalk – all just very bizarre.

I will post a map a little later on the Facebook site which will show the area being referred to.

Thanks Kjac22 for putting up the scent trail map on the facebook page for Susan.
I just checked it out.

Thank you, Kjac22, for your update!

The local tracking dogs are reminiscent of another case in nearby Sacto within the past year, one which had a sad ending. Any and all help is appreciated, no matter the outcome in this one...for which we are all hoping for the best.

Looking forward to viewing your map, and TIA for it.

~jmo~

Very glad you received help from the trainer and her dog. I hope you get some answers soon.

Thank you Kjac22. I know this must be very hard on the family. Many people are hoping for the best possible outcome. Very bizarre, is correct..

1) I believe that area with the new scent was thoroughly reviewed by tracking dogs within several days (at least by May 4 or 5).

2) There is some level of auto traffic along Pleasant Grove Blvd after 6:30 in the morning. Somebody crossing the street would probably need to wait for the light to change, and be very visible for a period of time. Also, the sidewalk along Woodcreek Blvd is very exposed (and the scent track shown on the Facebook map shows travel along here of about 200 yards). Additionally, I believe Woodcreek High School starts at 7:45, so I would guess there would be some level of foot traffic going south along Woodcreek Oaks Blvd after 7 or 7:15.

3) It would not surprise me if some students (for example living off streets near Michener Drive) would short cut on the trails through Mahany Park (over the bridge on the trail). Again, I believe this area was quickly searched.

Summary: The implied direction of travel does not seem to be an efficient route to anywhere. If a person was trying to disappear, or control another person, the route is highly exposed and would probably have some level of foot traffic.

Other comments:

This new tracking effort was a month after the disappearance. It has rained twice, I believe, and hundreds of students (and others) walk over at least part of the implied route on a daily basis. Note: I understand that the paths probably have much lower traffic. There is a fairly large amount of traffic along Woodcreek Oaks - enough traffic that the cumulative exhaust would seem to make detecting a scent more challenging.

I wonder if somehow this area could have been inadvertently (or intentionally) contaminated with Susan's scent.

Part of the route may make sense if somebody was walking a dog in a loop from near the dog park (e.g., if Susan had previously used the dog park and it was crowded).

Thank you, Wildcat, for your carefully composed and most informative post!

~jmo~

yeah hmm... I was kinda wondering if that particular search was an exercise in futility, based on my limited understanding of the subject.

Poor petite Susan, where are you? Why isn't your community more up in arm... after all there is a missing woman from their midst!

General question, I know a dog's been mentioned a few times and it's been said that she may have one or have a friend with one. Has this been confirmed at all? Does she walk with the dog often? Take it to the park, especially the dog park? In my experience even the shyest people tend to talk some at the park. I haven't been taking him there recently but when I took my dog to my nearby one in the past, nearly everyone talked about their dogs at least somewhat. Many of them were obviously regulars and knew each others' dogs' names but not each others names. Was the dog (if she has one) a social outlet for her at all?

I have a question????

Can these dog handlers give other scents to these dogs. Lets say the dogs track her scent here here and here, why cant they give the dogs the scent of maybe husbands boyfriends etc etc tosee if they were with her ..... has that ever been done and if not why?

It could help rule them out or........ could place them with the victim!

I have a question????

Can these dog handlers give other scents to these dogs. Lets say the dogs track her scent here here and here, why cant they give the dogs the scent of maybe husbands boyfriends etc etc tosee if they were with her ..... has that ever been done and if not why?

It could help rule them out or........ could place them with the victim!

Seems to me like that would confuse the dogs unnecessarily, but JMO.

Is the spot where her scent ended/ was lost a place where a car could have pulled up.

Obviously the scent stuff should be taken with a grain of salt. I was fully expecting the dogs not to pick up any scent on Saturday morning, but we wanted to try. Her dogs have had success in the past up to 6 weeks after an incident, and have their training done in urban settings (with a lot of foot traffic, etc.). I will admit I'm eager to grab onto anything right now after a month of having nothing.

That being said, she was very confident that Susan was in that area (open between library and Aquatics Center). The scent "trail" could have been wind blowing different directions or what not, but there were spots she was confident Susan had been. I don't know enough about the scent stuff to be able to comment more than that.

Obviously the scent stuff should be taken with a grain of salt. I was fully expecting the dogs not to pick up any scent on Saturday morning, but we wanted to try. Her dogs have had success in the past up to 6 weeks after an incident, and have their training done in urban settings (with a lot of foot traffic, etc.). I will admit I'm eager to grab onto anything right now after a month of having nothing.

That being said, she was very confident that Susan was in that area (open between library and Aquatics Center). The scent "trail" could have been wind blowing different directions or what not, but there were spots she was confident Susan had been. I don't know enough about the scent stuff to be able to comment more than that.

Whats at the Aquatics Center?

Besides a Pool!

A gym? didn't she have sweats on?

Seems to me like that would confuse the dogs unnecessarily, but JMO.

Why/
Go back a diferent day with maybe a diff dog and give the scent of the last person to see her and see if the dog responds.

I don't know I don't think its a bad idea!

Why/
Go back a diferent day with maybe a diff dog and give the scent of the last person to see her and see if the dog responds.

I don't know I don't think its a bad idea!

I think it is a good idea. Those would be 2 different scents so I don't know how the dogs could get confused....

DH and I have re-fi'd our house more than once...

To repay college loans (for me)

for home improvements

For lower interest rates

what are some other reasons homes are refinanced... :waitasec:

In my experience, people often refinance for the reasons previously noted, however, many will refinance to remove someone from the loan, thereby removing their liability for repayment of said loan. She can remain on title to the property, yet removed from the loan via the refi., or she could also have been removed from both the loan and title. Important to note, in the state of California, she would have to specifically quit claim (file quit claim deed) all her interest in the property, as CA is a community property state....I'd be curious to see if there was any change in that regard to the title of their property....

Whats at the Aquatics Center?

Besides a Pool!

A gym? didn't she have sweats on?

Yes, she had sweats on, but she could have changed before going to the shopping center. In my opinion, it would have been a lot easier for her to drive to the Aquatic Center if she wanted to go to a pool/gym, than to walk there, then have to walk back to the shopping center.
None of this adds up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member