CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people keep business cards in their wallet so they don't have to look up a number every time they need repairs on something, or a service some small business offers. I keep at least a dozen business cards in my wallet, and some of them I have not had a need for their services in years, but if I ever do, I have their number handy. A few places I may not even remember the name of the business, but I would recognize it when I see the card.
Being shy or withdrawn has nothing to do with her reasons for keeping business cards... lots of people have them.

I understand that people have business cards for various reasons.
I wonder what businesses those are?
She did keep to herself, and knowing who the proprietors are, or the reasons for those cards could possibly help law enforcement. It could possibly help find Susan.
IMOO.

Susan's sister posted on the (very quiet) FB page a few days ago, saying only that nothing is new.

That particular store opens at 5 during the week and typically employees have to be there 45 minutes before opening time, so at least by 4:15. Sometimes earlier.

Saturdays and Sundays that store opens at 5:30.

And for the curious, some open as earlier as 4 or 4:30 - and some are even 24/7 - in store even and not just drive thru.

By "that particular store" do you mean Starbucks? Or is the Raley's website screwed up? (http://www.raleys.com/www/storelocator?loc=roseville&x=0&y=0). I haven't seen a 24 hour Raley's in many years. I don't know if it matters, I'm just curious.

In any case someone should've been in that parking lot at 4ish that morning... maybe not a ton of people, but IMO it's reasonable to think people were there.

That particular store opens at 5 during the week and typically employees have to be there 45 minutes before opening time, so at least by 4:15. Sometimes earlier.

Saturdays and Sundays that store opens at 5:30.

And for the curious, some open as earlier as 4 or 4:30 - and some are even 24/7 - in store even and not just drive thru.

My Raley's down the street is open from 6am to 11pm. Thought it was open 24 hours - hmmm... now I know! LOL!

She did keep to herself, and knowing who the proprietors are, or the reasons for those cards could possibly help law enforcement. It could possibly help find Susan.
IMOO.

I too was wondering "what" business cards she had when it was first mentioned in finding the wallet. I also keep a lot of business cards in my purse; I don't have a wallet. Keep my dollars in my back jean pocket and change in my purse.

Anyone have contact with the LE in this case? Any "new" news?

I used to work at the HP complex on Foothills in Roseville and used to eat at a Mexican restaurant down the street from where Susan disappeared; was thinking of driving over and just walking the route that the dogs went; you would "think" if she was dead (god forbid) that the decomp would attract attention, you know?!

:seeya:

My Raley's down the street is open from 6am to 11pm. Thought it was open 24 hours - hmmm... now I know! LOL!

I too was wondering "what" business cards she had when it was first mentioned in finding the wallet. I also keep a lot of business cards in my purse; I don't have a wallet. Keep my dollars in my back jean pocket and change in my purse.

Anyone have contact with the LE in this case? Any "new" news?

I used to work at the HP complex on Foothills in Roseville and used to eat at a Mexican restaurant down the street from where Susan disappeared; was thinking of driving over and just walking the route that the dogs went; you would "think" if she was dead (god forbid) that the decomp would attract attention, you know?!

:seeya:

Well no more 3am grocery shopping trips for you. ;) When I was rushing to check out by 11pm one time, the head clerk at my closest grocery store - Bel Air (part of the Raley's chain) told me they tried out the 24 hour thing for awhile many years ago but it was kind of a mess. He said the few customers they got that late weren't the customers that made them money.

Although I know some people in LE in the Roseville area, I don't know any that are working on/have worked on Susan's case. The best info I've gotten is from contacting LE via email or Facebook, but the answer's pretty much been the same every time - yes she's still missing, and they're still aware of her. I haven't seen anything on the news for a long time either. I wish I could find someone who's actively following up on her.

Sounds like you know that area too, so you know it's not some remote location with no traffic. I agree with you that you'd think something would've attracted someone's attention, even if it's (as you say, God forbid) decomp. If you do decide to go walk the dogs' path, stay safe! I didn't specifically walk the dogs' path but I do look around every time I'm in that area and it's so overwhelming. So many people, so many places someone could disappear. It's hard to believe someone could disappear this long without someone finding them, though. It makes me think she's either no longer in the area or she's very well hidden, but I really don't know. I wish we had more to go on.

Do you mean this article?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...or-information-about-missing-roseville-woman/

Snipped because it's a short article....

“They’re looking at everything I’m sure,” Chris said. “Like usual, I’m at the top of everyone’s list."

The article also mentions that nobody has been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearing, including Susan's husband.

IMOO.

When they asked susan's husband "did you have anything to do with this?" He said "I don't know". Then they asked again later and he made some nonsensical remark about being responsible for a search for her. Either the segment was edited to make him look bad or he had something to do with susan's disappearance. He couldn't give a straight answer!

He appears to be socially awkward to me, and very stiff. In the comment section, his sister is making comments and in that video, he mentions something his sister said. Just strange. I just don't understand not beating the bushes and standing on the street with flyers to pass out. Strangers were doing this instead. I have seen little except a FB page that has seen little activity. This poor woman deserves better and I wish the police had more aggressive right at that home.

By "that particular store" do you mean Starbucks? Or is the Raley's website screwed up? (http://www.raleys.com/www/storelocator?loc=roseville&x=0&y=0). I haven't seen a 24 hour Raley's in many years. I don't know if it matters, I'm just curious.

In any case someone should've been in that parking lot at 4ish that morning... maybe not a ton of people, but IMO it's reasonable to think people were there.

Sorry about that - Starbucks :blushing:

IMOO.

If she had business cards for some unusual places, yes. But since you pointed out how shy and reserved she seemed to be, I doubt she had cards that would be that informative for LE. Since they're not going to say where the cards were from, it's all just a mystery. Unless one of those business cards is from another store or business in that same shopping center, then it doesn't tell us much, does it? We don't know if she even went into Railey's, but I would bet that LE has talked to people in other shops in that area in case someone in another store saw her. At least I trust that they are covering all the bases.

My local stores have business cards in little stacks that others put there near the check out. I found a veteran who does heat/air work and picked one up. I saw a guy who works on pools and picked one of those up too. I do that and end up with a wallet full of cards. So that may have been what Susan had. Most stores have "value cards" that allow you get points or sale prices, and they may be included in what they call business cards.
Her husband was specific when he last saw her. Unless LE doubts/questions that, there would be no reason to be looking prior to that in my opinion.

When they asked susan's husband "did you have anything to do with this?" He said "I don't know". Then they asked again later and he made some nonsensical remark about being responsible for a search for her. Either the segment was edited to make him look bad or he had something to do with susan's disappearance. He couldn't give a straight answer!

I didn't hear him say he didn't know, I heard him say No, he didn't. But there could be a simple reason, like he really isn't sure if something he said or did that morning might have made her upset enough to walk off and leave him. I think that's a pretty straight answer.

I don't know him, but I sense that he is a little shy and doesn't know how to handle a situation like this. I can picture my hubby being interviewed if I disappeared, and asked a question like that, he might react the same way. Men like that are pretty easy to see through, there is no pretense, what you see is what you get. I doubt that he could put on an act like he did and be hiding the fact that he pulled a murder off. Of course, he's still going to be on the list of POI's until they find her or figure out what happened.

If she had business cards for some unusual places, yes. But since you pointed out how shy and reserved she seemed to be, I doubt she had cards that would be that informative for LE. Since they're not going to say where the cards were from, it's all just a mystery. Unless one of those business cards is from another store or business in that same shopping center, then it doesn't tell us much, does it? We don't know if she even went into Railey's, but I would bet that LE has talked to people in other shops in that area in case someone in another store saw her. At least I trust that they are covering all the bases.

Not necessarily. Yes, Susan is said to be shy and reserved, but business cards are business cards, and any creep could be at one of the business card locations. Say she has a medical doctor business card for her hip implant.
Many people could frequent the same doctors office, whether it be someone that works there or another patient.
Say she has a business card for a doggy day care boarding place. There are people there with dogs. ANY of those people possibly could be of help in Susan's case.
In my opinion, if the cards were for other places other than stores at the shopping center, those cards could help. Since I don't believe (my opinion) that she even made it to the shopping center, the shopping center is only relevant in the fact that her car was found there. Now, it is possible that she did arrive at the center, but personally I don't believe so. It was staged, in my opinion, so whether the business cards were from the shopping center or other places, those cards could have meaning, or could help LE talk to these businesses to get a better grounded idea of how Susan was around people away from her family. She could be reserved, but she and her husband are said to have loved dogs (per Kjac22), so it is possible she could open up and talk to another dog lover more easily than to someone else, or talk to another hip implant patient because of the commonalities.
These are all hypotheticals, of course. I have no idea if she has business cards associated with a doggy day care or any medical doctor's office.
IMOO.

Not necessarily. Yes, Susan is said to be shy and reserved, but business cards are business cards, and any creep could be at one of the business card locations. Say she has a medical doctor business card for her hip implant.
Many people could frequent the same doctors office, whether it be someone that works there or another patient.
Say she has a business card for a doggy day care boarding place. There are people there with dogs. ANY of those people possibly could be of help in Susan's case.
In my opinion, if the cards were for other places other than stores at the shopping center, those cards could help. Since I don't believe (my opinion) that she even made it to the shopping center, the shopping center is only relevant in the fact that her car was found there. Now, it is possible that she did arrive at the center, but personally I don't believe so. It was staged, in my opinion, so whether the business cards were from the shopping center or other places, those cards could have meaning, or could help LE talk to these businesses to get a better grounded idea of how Susan was around people away from her family. She could be reserved, but she and her husband are said to have loved dogs (per Kjac22), so it is possible she could open up and talk to another dog lover more easily than to someone else, or talk to another hip implant patient because of the commonalities.
These are all hypotheticals, of course. I have no idea if she has business cards associated with a doggy day care or any medical doctor's office.
IMOO.

Agreed... I'm pretty shy and reserved but I have some weird business cards (also those "value cards"). Most of them are pretty old. When I clean out my purse I'm sometimes thinking "where did I even get this?" but some of them remind me of things, like the place I usually get my dog's food, or the restaurant I went to once out of town. Susan may be similar... breaks out of her shell and talks to someone, and she saves their business card. It's worth talking to those people. The cards may or may not have any meaning but I do hope it's been checked out. All JMO.

In my head I don't think she's here anymore. :( In my heart I hope she is.

I didn't hear him say he didn't know, I heard him say No, he didn't. But there could be a simple reason, like he really isn't sure if something he said or did that morning might have made her upset enough to walk off and leave him. I think that's a pretty straight answer.

I don't know him, but I sense that he is a little shy and doesn't know how to handle a situation like this. I can picture my hubby being interviewed if I disappeared, and asked a question like that, he might react the same way. Men like that are pretty easy to see through, there is no pretense, what you see is what you get. I doubt that he could put on an act like he did and be hiding the fact that he pulled a murder off. Of course, he's still going to be on the list of POI's until they find her or figure out what happened.

OK, I just re watched it. It is edited strangely, but the answers are strange too.
First, the reporter asks "Did you have anything to do with her disappearance?" Then they mute over the first word Susan's husband says (weird editing) Then the reporter says "I ask that will all due respect but how would you answer that question?" Her husband says "I don't know".
The reporter says "A little later Chris Jacobson clarified his response"
and asks "So you did not have anything to do with this?"
CJ says "No I did not....well...other than trying to find her". That answer just makes no sense. It just sets of the old hinky meter.
I just remember the Katrina Smith case, and this reminds me of it. Smith left home to go shopping and never returned. Her van was found abandoned in town and her wallet with scattered contents was found in a separate location. Turns out her husband murdered her.
Maybe they did have a fight and CJ just doesn't want to talk about it for personal reasons or for fear of having more suspicion on him? I just think there is more to this one for sure.

I had so hoped you'd be home by now Susan. Happy New Year. Hoping we find answers for you in 2014.

I was in the shopping center tonight it is less then 2 blocks from my house. I cant drive there and not think of her. My heart breaks that there is not to be more of a presences in her case. That is what frustrated me the most about this case. So I deleted my bookmark for here and stopped looking here. I have changed my shopping habits and I don't go to that shopping center by myself if it is dark. I do know if she was kidnapped it was during the morning. I drive by there to take my son to school and there are lots of kids walking to the high school start about 7:15 so the time frame where she could have had something happen to her in my opinion is a very small window. I guess I have nothing new to add but to say that I still think of her and wished there was more going on for her.

I was in the shopping center tonight it is less then 2 blocks from my house. I cant drive there and not think of her. My heart breaks that there is not to be more of a presences in her case. That is what frustrated me the most about this case. So I deleted my bookmark for here and stopped looking here. I have changed my shopping habits and I don't go to that shopping center by myself if it is dark. I do know if she was kidnapped it was during the morning. I drive by there to take my son to school and there are lots of kids walking to the high school start about 7:15 so the time frame where she could have had something happen to her in my opinion is a very small window. I guess I have nothing new to add but to say that I still think of her and wished there was more going on for her.

BBM: Unless the timeline is skewered and the car was there previously to the time reported??? The timeline has me questioning so much in this case. We have never heard of a reported sighting of Susan outside of her husband since this case broke. I know the PD asked for anyone who might have seen her to come forward and to my knowledge, that hasn't happened so to me the timeline is not set in stone.

ahhh, dear. this case. where is she, what on earth happened?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The fact that the police even said as early as 4am made me wonder if they had some ideas but no proof. If husband said he saw her at 6 (example) then that should have been the reported time, yet they backed it up to 4am just in case. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89