CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - it is sad.

But, even in addition to the sadness of this woman presumed (by the family) to be a victim of foul play and kidnapping...is the complete and utter lack of concern within the community that IF a woman has been kidnapped and foul play has occurred in broad daylight, in a reasonably nice and above-middle class neighborhood, that there is somebody out there, perhaps in our community or in our region, who is pure evil and capable of such an action. Shouldn't citizens be nervous or concerned?

Where is the uproar in the community about somebody on the loose - with no public leads released at all - that could do something so harmful and evil to a person???? I'm completely baffled by the lack of seeming community concern. I live in that community too, so I'm basing this on my personal observations. There is no concern, and many people don't even recall this happened! So very odd...

Ok. The family owes nothing.
Susan is a presumed (by the family) victim of foul play and kidnapping and I hope she is found.
There is no more that I can add.
SAD!!!

What's sad is that it seems no one is searching for her at all!
That's the part I dont understand.
Not bashing anyone but not understanding either!

<snipped for space>
Where is the uproar in the community about somebody on the loose - with no public leads released at all - that could do something so harmful and evil to a person???? I'm completely baffled by the lack of seeming community concern. I live in that community too, so I'm basing this on my personal observations. There is no concern, and many people don't even recall this happened! So very odd...

I totally agree. I remind my friends and family who live out that way every time I see them - and yes, I do have to remind them almost EVERY time. It's always "oh she hasn't been found yet?" I live maybe 20 minutes away by car, husband works maybe 5 minutes away from the Sun City area (if that), and nothing.

I was thinking of Susan today and glad to see some others were, too. Where are you Susan?

What's sad is that it seems no one is searching for her at all!
That's the part I dont understand.
Not bashing anyone but not understanding either!

I know what you mean. Even when I've contacted LE in Roseville and an LE friend in Rocklin (next to Roseville) they seem well aware she's missing, but I don't get the impression they're searching. As in, if someone's found they'll keep her in mind, but I don't think anyone's specifically looking for her. I could be wrong, just the impression I get.

It's been so long now I wouldn't even have a clue where a search should take place, sadly... I wonder if LE or anyone else would have any idea where to even start a new search, if they wanted to actively search again.

Can anyone from the area contact LE and ask "Are we the citizens to be concerned that there is a killer/kidnapper on the loose and are we safe?" Surely they can answer that question. Also perhaps a local TV station to see if they will get an update from LE? I wonder if her name was mentioned in the stores around the area she disappeared what if anything would be said?

I noticed on the fliers of Susan, both pics on it she looks kind of lost and depressed.

I have not forgotten Susan. She's out there somewhere. She needs to be found. I suppose at this point we have to wait for a hiker, biker, or hunter to find her.

Susan needs to come home, she needs to be back where she belongs. I pretty much gave up on thinking she left her life for a new one.

I don't know what happened to her but sometime before May 2nd, something happened to her, who knows how far in advance to her disappeared date she was last seen by outsiders.

We haven't forgotten you Susan. Do you enjoy the Springtime weather? I do. It was a gorgeous day today. I thought about you and hoped you'd be home soon. I know so little about you but I care. I saw your pics with the dog and the hiking trail/bike path - let's meet up and take the dogs for a walk when you get home, ok?

I know many would say I'm dreaming and I probably am, but I still believe, too.

YOU ARE MISSED Susan, even by people you've never met. We want to meet you, if that's what you want. (((HUGS))) Susan.

Can't believe it's coming up on a year since Susan went missing. I really did think she'd be found by now.

Can't believe it's coming up on a year since Susan went missing. I really did think she'd be found by now.

I know what you mean nik. I think about Susan so often. It disturbs me that she hasn't been found yet. I never expected it to take this long to find out what happened to her. When this case began, I thought it would be a matter of days before there was some type of resolution. Now, here we are almost a year later and we've got nothing. Nothing to work with, no news, no searches, no clues as to what happened to this precious lady.

I am going to call the Roseville PD tomorrow to ask the status. Will report back.

Easter's coming up... I bet Susan would love to do an egg hunt with her grandbaby. It's a faint hope now, but I'm still hoping.

Is her husband still living at the same place? As she been declared dead??

Very, very sad.

I cannot get out of my head a comment which was made on WS not long after she went missing. I tried to find it, but unfortunately couldn't. When her husband was asked how he spent his time, he had replied, playing games on the internet... life goes on.

If he's moved it hasn't been reported that I've seen. I don't think she could've been declared dead this soon legally, but I'm not sure of the law. So little has been reported though, who knows.

So many here care and wonder how to help/what can be done ... especially to keep Susan from being forgotten. Here's just a thought based on what several of us Websleuthers did for another missing persons case as it recently approached the 2 year anniversary. We contacted every media outlet we could think of - from local TV stations to even the smaller newspapers. The response was wonderful - excellent coverage was given with TV news crews even going to the town to interview locals. Some of the stories were far better than the 1 yr coverage! I'd like to think our efforts made a difference. I personally spoke with several TV news people and they reassured me that they note these things in their calendars. They were of course eager for any new info. As the date approached one reporter even called me back asking for an on camera interview (it didn't work since I live hours away plus I'm not really connected to the case). Some who live in or near Susan's community may know the local news outlets - it may feel weird to call (I was really nervous) but I just explained that I was a concerned citizen following the case in an online forum and that I appreciated their coverage in the past and was wondering if they were planning a story for the upcoming anniversary ... this is just a suggestion. I've silently been following Susan's case since day 1 and I know some have expressed frustration with the lack of activity/seeming interest ... this has been an oddly quiet case. Hopefully there will be renewed interest & concern in these next few weeks!!!

Even though I haven't posted here in months, not a week goes by that Susan Jacobson doesn't cross my mind.
How very sad that the only people who appear (at least to me) to continue to be truly concerned about her are a group of anonymous strangers on a discussion forum.
I live in the area and have a few media contacts from previous issues with which I've been involved. Their response to my queries about Susan has been so totally inconsistent and out of character with my prior collaborations with them that I don't know what to think.
It's as if Susan has been erased.
I'm praying for Susan and hoping that if Justice is what's necessary for resolution, that it will eventually prevail.

I sent an email to a reporter who had done one of the articles and got no response at all.

Even though I haven't posted here in months, not a week goes by that Susan Jacobson doesn't cross my mind.
How very sad that the only people who appear (at least to me) to continue to be truly concerned about her are a group of anonymous strangers on a discussion forum.
I live in the area and have a few media contacts from previous issues with which I've been involved. Their response to my queries about Susan has been so totally inconsistent and out of character with my prior collaborations with them that I don't know what to think.
It's as if Susan has been erased.
I'm praying for Susan and hoping that if Justice is what's necessary for resolution, that it will eventually prevail.

Thanks for still thinking about her. I'm glad that a handful of us still have her on our minds all the time. That is really weird the response you've gotten from media contacts being so out of character. Of course it's purely just wondering, but it makes me wonder if there's a chance she did want to disappear, LE knows where she is, and has asked MSM to keep quiet? I know there are other possibilities... gosh I hope we find out some day.

It seems to me that if LE knows what happened, why don't they close the case? Any missing person who is found generally receives a one-sentence follow-up statement saying "found" without explanation, which is fine with us.

Obviously, if there had not been MSM coverage in the beginning and a FB page set up, and LE recently stating to me that it "continues to be an open investigation," then I am sure we would not have any concerns, and butt out. I get the feeling that is exactly what is wanted in this case.

So sorry, Susan. We hit a dead-end.

Yay for all of us keeping her name out there for nearly a year. May 2, is almost here and no sign of Susan. I hope somebody got the emails and will bring it all back to the public again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela