CA - Suzanne Bombardier, 14, abducted & murdered, Antioch, 22 June 1980 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, his name is Mitchell Lynn Bacom & he is 63, 37 at time of crime. I have in my notes that San Mateo County Sheriff's forensic lab ran the DNA profile. But have Contra Costa as the county where he is. He was arrested on 12/11/17 & arraigned on 2/8/18. That's all I have! :)
How can he be 63 now yet 37 at the time of the crime in 1980?
Or do I have it wrong? My estimate is 25 at the time of the crime

Bumping up for Suzanne....

DA outlines evidence in girl's 1980 killing

ANTIOCH, Calif. (KTVU) - A preliminary hearing began Monday [6/3]in Contra Costa County Superior Court in Martinez for Mitchell Bacom, charged with special-circumstances murder in the 1980 killing of 14-year-old Suzanne Bombardier in Antioch.
[.....]
Mullen took the stand on Monday, describing publicly for the first time how she came back home and her heartache when she learned someone had taken her. The hearing continues Tuesday [6/4] and a third day in July. Afterward, Judge Theresa Canepa will decide if there's enough evidence to hold Bacom over for trial.

Looks like a hearing also today, 6/4.

so - @cybervampira - it also mentions a July hearing - could you look up the date, please, if it is listed? TIA! :)

Sorry @SeesSeas - need your help on this one. My "regulars" are dealing with real life - and was wondering if you could look this up for me - sorry.... no link to Contra Costa court site. :oops:

For Mitchell Lynn Bacom - last hearing I have is 6/4 and it was mentioned he'll have another hearing in July, but no date was given...

TIA!
bye.gif

On the records search page it says there is no access to criminal cases? Only family law, civil, small claims and probate.

Welcome to Contra Costa County Superior Court

Sorry @SeesSeas - need your help on this one. My "regulars" are dealing with real life - and was wondering if you could look this up for me - sorry.... no link to Contra Costa court site. :oops:

For Mitchell Lynn Bacom - last hearing I have is 6/4 and it was mentioned he'll have another hearing in July, but no date was given...
TIA!
bye.gif
I agree with @cybervampira (no access to criminal cases) :(
Welcome to Contra Costa County Superior Court
What Kinds of Cases Are Listed?

You CAN find information about these kinds of court cases:
* Family Law * Small Claims
* Civil * Probate

You CANNOT find:
* The minutes for a court hearing
* An address for someone who is representing him or herself
* Information about these kinds of cases:
* Adoption * Juvenile * Paternity
* Conservatorship * Mental Health * Traffic
* Criminal

Oops...
66x62px-LL-f1e68bab_duh.gif

I should have read back a few posts, eh? Sorry.... :(

The only article I can find is the one I posted in #26.

per article there was supposed to be a hearing in July, but I can't find anything past the June 3, 2019 date. Maybe I'm being blocked for being "over here" across the pond.

Maybe someone in the U.S. could try....

The only article I can find is the one I posted in #26.

per article there was supposed to be a hearing in July, but I can't find anything past the June 3, 2019 date. Maybe I'm being blocked for being "over here" across the pond.

Maybe someone in the U.S. could try....

I have no idea what I am doing, but will click a few links and see where I end up!

Antioch man charged in 1980 rape, murder of teen girl to stand trial

MARTINEZ — At a superior court hearing Monday, Antioch resident Mitchell Lynn Bacom was ordered to stand trial in the 1980 kidnapping, rape and murder of 14-year-old Suzanne Bombardier, after prosecutors presented the final piece of forensic evidence they say links him to the crime.

After hearing from an analyst who testified that the odds of foreign DNA found on Bombardier’s body belonging to someone other than Bacom were less than 1 in 350 billion, Judge Theresa Canepa ordered Bacom to stand trial on charges of murder with special circumstances of rape, oral copulation, kidnapping and burglary.

“(The DNA) would be extremely coincidental were he not linked to an actual perpetration of a crime,” Canepa said before her ruling.
[.....]
.....He is due back in court for an arraignment hearing — a formality where he is expected to enter a not guilty plea — on Oct. 7. Then attorneys will schedule a date to discuss when the trial should be, a process that can take years.

Monday, October 7th:
*Arraignment Hearing – (@ am PT) - CA – Suzanne A. Bombardier (14) (missing June 22, 1980, found June 27, 1980, Antioch) – *Mitchell Lynn Bacom (63/26 @ time of crime) arrested (12/11/17) & arraigned (2/8/18) with murder, kidnapping, rape, oral copulation & murder with use of a deadly weapon.
San Mateo Cnty Sheriff’s office forensic labs created a DNA profile used CODIS & was tentatively linked to Bacom.
6/3/19: Preliminary hearing on 6/3 & 6/4 and a third one in July (no date given).
9/9/19 Update: Preliminary hearing held. Judge found enough probable cause to have Bacom bound over for trial. Next arraignment hearing on 10/7.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back