CA - Suzanne Bombardier, 14, abducted & murdered, Antioch, 22 June 1980 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping up for Suzanne....

As usual when searching getting articles only from 2019 - maybe someone in the U.S. & California might find something.

I have no access to the Contra Costa court site. If anyone does - please post what you find! TIA!! :)

Bumping this up - an oldie - anyone reading here - can you access the Contra Costa court site? Unfortunately I have to case #.
For Mitchell Lynn Bacom - last hearing was arraignment on 10/7/19.

I had @mistivon as my "go-to" person, but it looks like she has left WS....

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

I was able to find a little information, his next court date. That's all I could find, no more details but the date.

Court Date/Time 11/01/2021 08:30

Often I've had some luck with an Inmate Search in the specific county when the court records are unavailable.

Inmate Information | Contra Costa Sheriff, CA

Thank you for this! Unfortunately I can't get to the Inmate Locator....
Can I put you down for the person to go to for the next hearing? TIA! :)

Thank you for this! Unfortunately I can't get to the Inmate Locator....
Can I put you down for the person to go to for the next hearing? TIA! :)

From the link above in my post, click on "In-Custody Locator" then enter his name. It worked for me. The only information available is the court date, so I won't be very helpful for details on the hearing.

This is California, so we could have many, many hearings etc before this finally comes to trial. It could be years down the line. The system is broken. In fact, the entire state is broken.

From the link above in my post, click on "In-Custody Locator" then enter his name. It worked for me. The only information available is the court date, so I won't be very helpful for details on the hearing.

This is California, so we could have many, many hearings etc before this finally comes to trial. It could be years down the line. The system is broken. In fact, the entire state is broken.

That's okay if they don't mention what the hearing is bout - at least I will have a date & time. And I can't access the link... I'm in Europe - so some court site links don't work for me.

Monday, November 1st:
*Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA – Suzanne (Suzie) A. Bombardier (14) (missing June 22, 1980, Antioch, found June 27, 1980 by a fisherman, floating in the San Joaquin River east of Antioch, near its bridge) – *Mitchell Lynn Bacom (26 @ time of crime/63/now 67) arrested & charged (12/11/17) & arraigned (10/7/19) with murder, kidnapping, rape, oral copulation & murder with use of a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
San Mateo County Sheriff’s office forensic labs created a DNA profile used CODIS & was tentatively linked to Bacom.
2/28/18 Update: Plead not guilty. Waived speedy preliminary hearing. Next preliminary hearing 6/2/19. 6/3/19 update: Preliminary hearing on 6/3 & 6/4 and a third one in July (no date given).
9/9/19 Update: Preliminary hearing held. Judge found enough probable cause to have Bacom bound over for trial. Next arraignment hearing on 10/7/19. 10/7/19 Update: Next hearing on 11/1/21.

@JoeFromLB - any news on what happened on Monday? I can't access the Contra Costa court site... TIA! :) Maybe the next court hearing date?

I'll go ahead & post this & wait for @JoeFromLB - to let me know if it is still a go for today!

Monday, January 3rd:
*Hearing (@ 10:30am PT) - CA – Suzanne (Suzie) A. Bombardier (14) (missing June 22, 1980, Antioch, found June 27, 1980 by a fisherman, floating in the San Joaquin River east of Antioch, near its bridge) – *Mitchell Lynn Bacom (26 @ time of crime/63/now 66) arrested & charged (12/11/17) & arraigned (10/7/19) with murder, kidnapping, rape, oral copulation & murder with use of a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
San Mateo County Sheriff’s office forensic labs created a DNA profile used CODIS & was tentatively linked to Bacom.
Court info from 2/28/18 thru 9/9/19 reference post #50 here:
CA - Suzanne Bombardier, 14, abducted & murdered, Antioch, 22 June 1980 *Arrest in 2017*

10/7/19 Update: Next hearing on 11/1/21. 11/1/21 Update: Next hearing on 1/3/22.

Monday, January 24th:
*Hearing (@ 10:30am PT) - CA – Suzanne (Suzie) A. Bombardier (14) (missing June 22, 1980, Antioch, found June 27, 1980 by a fisherman, floating in the San Joaquin River east of Antioch, near its bridge) – *Mitchell Lynn Bacom (26 @ time of crime/63/now 67) arrested & charged (12/11/17) & arraigned (10/7/19) with murder, kidnapping, rape, oral copulation & murder with use of a deadly weapon. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Court info from 2/28/18 thru 9/9/19 reference post #50 here:

10/7/19 Update: Next hearing on 11/1/21. 11/1/21 Update: Next hearing on 1/3/22. 1/3/22 Update: Hearing was postponed until 1/24/22.

@JoeFromLB - any news on yesterday's hearing ? And maybe a another court date?

TIA! :)

@JoeFromLB - any news on yesterday's hearing ? And maybe a another court date?

TIA! :)

Next court date: 2/7/2022

I can only find the date of his next hearing, nothing else. Sorry.

There could easily be a hundred more hearings before he comes to trial. California is completely broken. Macom could die of old age before justice is done. But yeah, I'll keep checking as long as I'm able.

Next court date: 2/7/2022

I can only find the date of his next hearing, nothing else. Sorry.

There could easily be a hundred more hearings before he comes to trial. California is completely broken. Macom could die of old age before justice is done. But yeah, I'll keep checking as long as I'm able.

Thank you for your help on this case! And totally agree with the left of this case... but he is only 67 yrs old - so a ways to go for his death....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back