CA - Three women killed in veterans home shooting, Yountville, 9 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we’re looking at someone with a severe case of PTSD.

Yes, PTSD is quite probable. Thanks for saying that. I was coming back to add it to my post. It seems that so many of these shooting cases involve “injustice collectors” but certainly not all.

More than likely just PTSD.

Yes, I agreed right before you posted. What made me think he might be an “injustice collector” was that he killed people who had been trying to help him with PTSD. I wondered if something happened in the program that he thought was wrong. But it was probable that he was still very disturbed even though I believe he had been recently released from the program. I guess we’ll find out more later. It’s a tragedy no matter why it happened.

I wonder if they volunteered to stay? They were having some sort of party at the time. Maybe the women were the facilitators and asked him to let the other patients/veterans go.

Jennifer Golick, a top psychologist at the Pathway Home, last spoke to her husband, Mark, at around 10:30 am, when she called him to say she had been taken hostage by the former soldier.

She had recently ordered Wong removed from the program, which treats PTSD-afflicted veterans of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, said her father-in-law Bob Golick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rans-home-decorated-soldier-article-1.3866547

I just woke to read this, how very heartwrenching. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been affected by this horrible tragedy.

THe latest.....

Apparently the party was for departing staff.

decorated 5 times

there was some LE /gunman shot exchange

entered about 5 hours after first shots

snipers on scene during event

sounds like he killed them pretty early on -- a hostage that was let go said she heard shots right as she was leaving

he was kicked out not discharged the only scenario that comes to mind something like specifically threatening someone or excessive repeated violence or stalking??

"kicked out" of treatment is not common !~
program typically runs four month program

arrived in rental car -- dogs alerted on car

stash of bullets around his neck

14 lived there ( so I would assume acutely suffering with symptoms -- to get one of 14 beds )

Possibly past suicide or things like inability to hold a job as a result of explosive behaviors , etc etc moo

cost 700 a month

now sounding like he was kicked out days before this

also sounds as if other hostages were held for some time before being released sounds like 4 were released

fired 30 times at cops

marksman who misses 30 times ?

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/albert-wong-yountville-shooter-gunman-suspect-veterans-home-shooting/

cache.php

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yountv...an-center-ex-patient-2018-03-10-live-updates/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5485205/Veterans-home-shooter-thrown-PTSD-program.html

I am guessing he was angry about being forced to leave the program. Very sad.

I am hoping that since he had an award for "excellent marksmanship" that the victims died quickly. I don't want to think that they suffered while waiting for help that never came.

Suspected gunman, 3 women found dead after hostages taken at California veterans home
by Phil Helsel and Daniel Arkin

A suspected gunman and three women he was believed to have taken hostage at a California veterans home were found dead Friday, nearly eight hours after reports of shots fired at the facility, officials said.

The grim end to the situation at the Veterans Home of California in Yountville, a 600-acre facility north of Napa wine country, was announced at around 7:45 p.m. local time (10:45 p.m. ET).

"This is a tragic piece of news, one that we were really hoping we wouldn’t have to come before the public to give," Chris Childs, assistant chief of the California Highway Patrol Golden Gate Division, said at a news conference...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shots-fired-veterans-home-northern-california-n855281

Those were likely the highest leveled employees there. This hit home because I was the Associate Director of an agency. To kill the executive director, clinical director and their psychiatrist will absolutely destroy the possibility of this agency operating. I hope they are able to continue to serve, as it is such an important population to give help to. This whole situation is incredibly sad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He was ousted from the program for bringing knives to class and threatening a counselor previously.
Interesting that his father died while Wong was young, his mother gave him up due to her health and he
was raised by a guardian.
Similar scenario with Nikolas Cruz in Parkland, Fl.
Angry at the world and his school expulsion tipped him over the edge.
Wong had 7 guns registered in his name. brought a rifle and sawed off shotgun with him that day to school.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2018/...ck-had-trouble-after-return-from-war/aqb5ynv/

I wonder if he made any threats the day he was asked to leave/kicked out for his behavior.

I wonder if he made any threats the day he was asked to leave/kicked out for his behavior.

According to what I've read, the threats were made to one of the counselors who he targeted and killed. So these were
not 'random' hostages. This is probably why he let the others escape. He was after these three women.

More info on shooter's childhood- foster parent had him from 6-13 yrs. old, then another foster family.
Seems to me he might have had some significant 'abandonment issues', or rejection (?).
Father died when he was 6, mother gave him up to foster care. Rocky, unstable childhood.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/article204491354.html

Those were likely the highest leveled employees there. This hit home because I was the Associate Director of an agency. To kill the executive director, clinical director and their psychiatrist will absolutely destroy the possibility of this agency operating. I hope they are able to continue to serve, as it is such an important population to give help to. This whole situation is incredibly sad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

These were the 3 persons responsible for him being ejected from the program, in his eyes.
His previous guardian from before he went into the army said he had trouble adjusting to his life outside of military.
If this program fed, clothed and gave him a home to live in, and this was all removed suddenly- yes he was angry.
Another giant rejection to a person unable to make rational decisions and feed himself, pay his bills, etc.

These were the 3 persons responsible for him being ejected from the program, in his eyes.
His previous guardian from before he went into the army said he had trouble adjusting to his life outside of military.
If this program fed, clothed and gave him a home to live in, and this was all removed suddenly- yes he was angry.
Another giant rejection to a person unable to make rational decisions and feed himself, pay his bills, etc.

bbm- oh how very spot on your comment is.

There needs to be an alternative method of handling a situation with someone like this than to cut them off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back