GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to go back and catch up on the last couple of pages, but first I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love and prayers for comfort and healing to our sweet little girl here and her family. :heartbeat:

I am freaking out about this record of his & he got away with a light sentence! Wtf! How can that happen? Guy has a ton of priors & gets off with bare minimum?

Wait, remember there was something about overcrowding in the prisons in Cali?

I always say... If you commit a murder... Make sure you are tried in Cali...

O.j., Specter, Blake... All got off relatively scot free....

And I am from Cali!

:gasp:

Question about the "child annoyance", wouldn't a person be put on the sex offender registry for something like that?

I was flabbergasted to find out that "child annoyance" is sex crime! I thought it would be taking a neighbor child's toy or using a vulgar word like "fart" around them. I'm infuriated that it seems to be a way to "pretty up" a sex crime on a person's record. People need to know clearly if someone has been convicted of a sex crime, so they can protect their children from him or her! :furious:

Here's a descriptive example of "child annoyance" from an attorney site

Penal Code § 647.6
Kissing, touching, tickling or playfully flirting with a beautiful girl is not against the law—unless that girl is under the age of 18 and you are not. This type of behavior is considered “molesting or annoying a minor”—and it is considered a very serious offense. Since it is classified as a sex crime, anyone who is convicted of molesting a minor—even first time offenders—can spend years in prison and be forced to register as a sex offender for life.

http://www.ahmedandsukaram.com/PracticeAreas/Annoying-or-Molesting-a-Minor.asp

I may be wrong... But the Child Annoyance law may just be in CA.. And seems to water down the molestation consequences...

:banghead:

<modsnip>. I'm 1/4 of a solid chocolate bunny and a full glass of wine in so I'm sure my brain isn't working at full capacity...but this is really confusing!

2 coconut creme eggs and some malted eggs over here. having fun hiding candy and researching monsters.

I'm so glad this little girl is home to celebrate Easter/Oestre with her family. (call me Pagan)

Kal, lol, that is the problem.. chocolate and wine. I'm doing peanut m-ms and beer. :). <modsnip>.

I did 3 full lines of yellow food dye pure sugar marshmallow Peeps last night. Fifteen of them. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: My stomach is still upset this morning :puke:

I wonder why he was known to be in that area. <modsnip> Maybe he did odd jobs or something? He had to have watched her or followed her at some point. I wonder if he knows someone that lives close enough to her house that he could have observed her from there.

There's that daycare across the street from the little girl's house. Maybe he liked to hang around and look at the kids there. :(

Betcha you're right. Omg I'm infuriated.

What about the second guy? Did le explain anything all about him?

They said they're just looking for TS right now. No explanation. Didn't say they're still looking for another suspect. Didn't say they're not still looking for a 2nd. Just left everybody (including reporters) hanging. It was weird. I guess we just have to wait for them to clarify. I wouldn't be surprised if TS "pretended" to be younger. I have a feeling he liked to do that, such as the birth date on his FB or MS that makes him appear to be younger than he is. I'm wondering if at times he would "pretend" to be his teenage son, use his I.D., etc.

IMO

Per this page... DOB is 11-30-88...

I think someone has mentioned this...

But Tobias may have lied about his DOB (made himself seem younger) so as to troll for younger females... Namely college students...

He also states on this page that he attends(ed) Kaplan College...

JMO

ETA... Oops! Cheese posted this while I was still typing! :)

I need to go back and catch up on the last couple of pages, but first I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love and prayers for comfort and healing to our sweet little girl here and her family. :heartbeat:

Absolutely! I pray she can enjoy little children's activities today with the other kids. Let's all pray for her a day of grace and joy and let her healing begin !

I think this guy is very dangerous. Very manipulative and just full of tricks. I will not be surprised if more victims come forward.

Praying for an arrest today! Gotta get this monster off the streets and protect the children.

Please keep an eye out for him in every state until he's caught. He's on the run. Could be anywhere.

L.A. police find abducted girl, 10, after 12 hours

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/27/lapd-finds-missing-10-year-old-girl/2026549/

Investigators named a 30-year-old parolee as wanted in the case of a missing 10-year-old Northridge girl, who turned up barefoot and wounded in Woodland Hills last week.

Tobias Dustin Summers, who has a distinct tattoo on his right arm (pictured below), is wanted in connection with the girl's abduction, LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese said at a Saturday afternoon news conference.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-suspect-in-10-year-old-girls-abduction?lite

Days after a 10-year-old girl was snatched from her bedroom in the middle of the night -- but found alive nearly 12 hours later and a few miles away -- Los Angeles police pleaded Saturday for the public's help tracking down those responsible.

Though they have said they believe two men were involved in the kidnapping, by Saturday police had only identified one by name as a "wanted suspect": 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers.

---------------

"Until we can find these individuals that perpetrated this, we won't know if this was a random case, or whether it was targeted against this family or this child for any particular reason," Smith said. "So, right now, we don't know."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/30/justice/california-la-kidnapping/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

He not a registered sex offender and authorities said there is no indication at this time that the victim or her family knows the suspect.

------------

The girl told investigators two men she did not know took her from her home and held her for more than 10 hours before dropping her off.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Suspect-IDd-Case-Missing-Northridge-Girl-200733101.html

We have a thread on this case, which has been pulled for Moderator review. Please do not start any new threads.

When the original thread is cleaned up, we will bring it back.

Patience everybody - please and thank you :)

Salem

The RULES: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

DO NOT SLEUTH INNOCENT PEOPLE AND DO NOT POST PICTURES OF MINORS OR LINK TO THEIR SOCIAL NETWORK SITES.

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THE ABOVE.

Salem

I did 3 full lines of yellow food dye pure sugar marshmallow Peeps last night. Fifteen of them. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: My stomach is still upset this morning :puke:

Dang! You're hardcore! ;)

Glad we're back up and running here!

I think there is no way drugs or alcohol can cause a person to abduct and abuse a child unless that person had it in them to begin with.

I disagree. My ex husband was a good man and father before he was introduced to coke and crack....and like others here have suggested I believe he began abusing due to untreated ADD. A few years after our divorce he was so wrapped up in his addiction and obviously not attractive to "normal" women he began dating younger and younger women and eventually started preying on teenage girls because he could manipulate them. I had the mother of one of these girls contact me to tell me what was going on. I turned him in. They did nothing because the parents were friends of the family and would not cooperate and there was no physical contact. He eventually left the state and is now clean and sober and lives with tremendous guilt and shame. Drugs like crack and meth are powerful and literally eat your brain. Its an ugly ugly thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper