GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article: http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-police-investigate-sighting-of-northridge-kidnap-suspect-tobias-dustin-summers

"SAN DIEGO - A report that a kidnapping suspect was seen in Mission Valley turned out to be a false alarm, police said Tuesday.

San Diego police said they received a tip that 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers may have been at the Handlery Hotel in Hotel Circle Monday night. Police looked into the report, but did not find Summers.

Investigators announced Monday that Summers, one of two suspects in the kidnapping , may have traveled to the San Diego area, and possibly has changed his appearance by shaving his head."

Wondering too, if he cold-bloodedly had planned this all along even before meeting with his PO, or if after that meeting he happened to hook up with Martinez and a small-mob-mentality and opportunity led to impulse...
Both chilling.

I have no doubt he shaved his head or is trying hairpieces, anything to hide. Please, someone, even if he belongs to your family.. have him stand trial for this horrendous alleged crime!!

"This, of course, is a very delicate crime that has a victim," said Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck on Tuesday. "We are trying to maintain some manner of solemnity to her situation. Until the arrests are made and until the indictments are signed in court, you won't have the full story.

"What I can tell you is that we have one suspect in custody who was involved, and we are searching for the primary suspect, who is Tobias Summers, who was last seen in the San Diego area."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9050603

Have we seen the pic on the left here? He has many faces. A chameleon.

9050602_448x252.jpg

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9050603

He is pretty average looking and able to blend in well. His tattoos are all that really stick out to help identify him. All he has to do is wear a long sleeve shirt. I'm not surprised at all that there have been many possible sightings of him called in.

I was kind of surprised when they released his information publicly. I thought maybe they would have a chance at catching him over the holiday weekend with family. They must have exhausted all leads before they released his information and probably during their investigation tipped enough people off that he got wind that they were on to him.

eta: I got all excited when I briefly read the thread title and rushed over here. I mistook the #2 for two arrests.

The pic to furthest left reminds me of Anders Behring, the Neo-Nazi-Aryan wannabe monster who murdered 77 people in Norway in 2011. Defiant, arrogant chin with empty, cold eyes in a pinched, snake-like face. He almost looks robotic.

The other two remind me of a violent sociopath/psychopath's futile effort to look "normal."

All three pics give me the skeeves something fierce.

My ugliness coming out: As much as I'd prefer he be captured alive and sent thru the justice system to be convicted and sentenced to the DP, then given the needle ASAP, my feelings wouldn't be hurt if he were to suffer the same fate as Evan Ebel.

"There's nothing in this investigation at this point that leads us to believe the family was involved or connected to the child's abduction or kidnapping." said Lt. Andy Neiman, who heads the Los Angeles Police Department's Media Relations Section.

"There's no connection to the family."

Neiman said the connection to the problems of family members in the past was never a part of the LAPD's investigation.

"It was something that media dug up on their own," Neiman said.

Neiman's comments this afternoon were made following Beck's comments at the Police Commission meeting earlier today saying that no family members were involved in the investigation.

Beck said details of the crime will probably not be available "until the arrests are made and the indictments are sought in court."

http://northridge.patch.com/articles/lapd-family-not-tied-to-10-year-old-s-kidnapping

ktla ‏@KTLA 43m
One Suspect in Northridge Kidnapping Due in Court http://bit.ly/YvwTVK

From rticle

One of the two suspects in the kidnapping and assault of a 10-year-old Northridge girl is expected in court on Wednesday.

29-year-old Daniel Martinez, of North Hills, was arrested on Sunday and is being held on $1 million bail.

A 29-year-old man arrested in connection with the disappearance of a 10-year-old Northridge girl might be arraigned Wednesday as the search for another suspect in the case continues.

Daniel Martinez, 29, of West Hills, was arrested earlier this week in connection with the abduction of the girl from her bedroom. The girl told police two men took her from the bedroom March 27 before dropping her off about 12 hours later in Woodland Hills.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...hridge-Kidnapping-Missing-Girl-201239831.html

So both of them went in the house and took her, it looks like.

Hoping we get more from the hearing today, but I have a feeling this is just the hearing where they read the charges and see if the guy has an attorney or needs a PD assigned.

People have a hard time believing that someone could have gotten in the house without being heard. I had intruders break in my home and I didn't wake up until I felt the barrel of the gun on my forehead. Screaming when someone was holding a weapon on me was not a option. I froze. My significant other was laying right next to me and I had to kick him as hard as I could under the covers several times to wake him. We had a dog (still a puppy, apparently didn't bark) but they let it outside and we never found him again. It still bugs me to this day, not knowing if I was targeting or it was just random.

The comments a lot of people are making under the articles are ticking me off. There is a lot of victim blaming going on as usual.

People have a hard time believing that someone could have gotten in the house without being heard. I had intruders break in my home and I didn't wake up until I felt the barrel of the gun on my forehead. Screaming when someone was holding a weapon on me was not a option. I froze. My significant other was laying right next to me and I had to kick him as hard as I could under the covers several times to wake him. We had a dog (still a puppy, apparently didn't bark) but they let it outside and we never found him again. It still bugs me to this day, not knowing if I was targeting or it was just random.

The comments a lot of people are making under the articles are ticking me off. There is a lot of victim blaming going on as usual.

HOLY SMOKES! so sorry you had to experience that!! why did they feel the need to wake you? ughhhh this world is so scary :(

Sorry you had to go through that, BeginnersLuck!

And so sorry that you lost your puppy, too!

:hug:

Yikes ! Glad you made it through and now can share your experience to help others ! You must have a guardian angel nearby !

And earlier on I wondered if this was a home where the neighborhood kids came and went a lot , which would explain little noises NOT alerting the whole household. I've got teens and we go to bed early. It's common for them to say SOnSO is coming over after work to play games for a bit, we'll be real quiet, etc. I hear them milling around in the kitchen. The dogs might stir and make a comment, but nothing major because they know the kids. Point is in a household where noise and activity are common, you learn to sleep through it unless there is a LOT of noise, so I don't find it impossible at all that no one heard. Kids up and about shutting the bathroom door, turning on the microwave, laughing, saying SSHHH, chip bags crinkling, it's all little sounds and a really slick predator can move a lot quieter than that ! imoooo

HOLY SMOKES! so sorry you had to experience that!! why did they feel the need to wake you? ughhhh this world is so scary :(

They woke me and took turns raping me while they held the gun to my boyfriends head. They also robbed the house. When he started to wake up they immediately put the gun on his head and made him lay on his belly and put his hands on the wall. One was the leader, the other followed his instruction. One of the first things they did was run their hands under the mattress and pillows checking for weapons. If I would have had a gun, they would have got it first. When the second one was on top of me the other one said hurry up we need to shoot them and get out of here. I said some things to try and distract them and my boyfriend reached for the gun and took it away. They all rolled over me and landed on the floor. My boyfriend stood there shaking as I yelled at him to shoot them. He tried to hand me the gun and finally took a shot as they were running out the door but he missed them. I was in shock and walked to the neighbors naked asking them to call the police. I don't remember doing this. They told me later. They were never caught.

This was when I was in college. I think DNA was in it's early stages at that time. It would have been 1986 or close. I quit college then and wasn't really thinking straight and had my daughter in 1/88. Her father ended up a full blown alcoholic. I raised her on my own. A very rough period in my life. There were no services offered back then. No counseling etc. Everyone was very cold. I had no support from anyone. I ended up not talking about it because of the response I got from family or friends when I did. I tried to go back to college but had a break down. I have chronic PTSD from it and a lot of other trauma in my life.

I tell this to try and educate. I wish I had the power, education and money to do more. I do what little I can to try advocate for victims and educate the public. Sorry, this really doesn't belong here, but like I said I try to protect victims and educate so others can understand and not victim blame.

God bless you, BeginnersLuck. Thank you for sharing your story. :heartbeat: :grouphug:

They woke me and took turns raping me while they held the gun to my boyfriends head. They also robbed the house. When he started to wake up they immediately put the gun on his head and made him lay on his belly and put his hands on the wall. One was the leader, the other followed his instruction. One of the first things they did was run their hands under the mattress and pillows checking for weapons. If I would have had a gun, they would have got it first. When the second one was on top of me the other one said hurry up we need to shoot them and get out of here. I said some things to try and distract them and my boyfriend reached for the gun and took it away. They all rolled over me and landed on the floor. My boyfriend stood there shaking as I yelled at him to shoot them. He tried to hand me the gun and finally took a shot as they were running out the door but he missed them. I was in shock and walked to the neighbors naked asking them to call the police. I don't remember doing this. They told me later. They were never caught.

This was when I was in college. I think DNA was in it's early stages at that time. It would have been 1986 or close. I quit college then and wasn't really thinking straight and had my daughter in 1/88. Her father ended up a full blown alcoholic. I raised her on my own. A very rough period in my life. There were no services offered back then. No counseling etc. Everyone was very cold. I had no support from anyone. I ended up not talking about it because of the response I got from family or friends when I did. I tried to go back to college but had a break down. I have chronic PTSD from it and a lot of other trauma in my life.

I tell this to try and educate. I wish I had the power, education and money to do more. I do what little I can to try advocate for victims and educate the public. Sorry, this really doesn't belong here, but like I said I try to protect victims and educate so others can understand and not victim blame.

amazing AMAZING story and i am so glad you're here to tell it, but i wish you never experienced it! the world needs more survivors like you to get the word out. you're so strong! ok i need to stop before i cry. it's a shame that they were never caught, but i bet you karma eventually caught up with them. *HUGS*

BeginnnersLuck, I am so, so very sorry that you experienced that. You are strong as hell to have survived and thrived to use what happened to you to try to help others.

:rose:

Thank you all for your kind words. I survived but I have lived in hell and tried so many things to heal. I don't want to/didn't mean to derail the thread. I will tell my whole story sometime on the survivor thread. There are a lot of different elements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back