GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully they can get confirmation on video. Unfortunately, he had a six hour lead after the sighting. I find it odd that it was released in MSM. You would think they would want to keep it quiet if they are on his trail.

Yes, in one sense that would be a good trailing strategy for LE. But I think at this point they probably want to balance that against the help that publicizing could offer. If folks in SanDiego believe there was a possible sighting, that city theoretically would be more on the alert (media, etc. helping that). They are trying to enlist the help of anyone who might see him, and they need publicity for that in whatever region he might be in.

NBC Los Angeles ‏@NBCLA 1m

MT @PatrickNBCLA: Criminal complaint for #Northridge abduction alleges Tobias Summers took girl from house, Daniel Summers drove getaway car

Pair charged in Northridge girl’s kidnapping:
Martinez is one of two men suspected of kidnapping the little girl early Wednesday. Martinez was allegedly waiting in a car outside a Northridge residence when co-defendant Tobias Summers, 32 (dob 11-30-80), allegedly emerged from the house with the 10-year-old victim. Martinez allegedly drove a short way before leaving the car.

Summers, who remains at large, is charged in the same complaint with kidnapping a minor under 14, first-degree burglary with a person present and nearly three dozen counts of sexual assault. If convicted, he’s facing multiple life terms in prison.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/93040/

Patrick Healy ‏@PatrickNBCLA 28m

Criminal complaint for #Northridge abduction alleges Tobias Summers took girl,10, from house and that Daniel Summers drive getaway car.

So, the two men did NOT appear in her bedroom?

(I wish these reports could be consistent...)

I would think that anything Summer's is charged with, Martinez would be charged as an accessory?

That would explain the multiple vehicles. If Martinez wanted nothing to do with the kidnapping and what followed, he may have just driven away so as not to get caught at the house when Summers emerged with the child, parked and (if it was his car) told Summers to get out--or if it was Summers car, just got out and left.

If this is the case, Martinez should have called 911 immediately.

Wow. Interesting. I wonder who it was who dropped her off...TS or DM?

Scary to think DM could be back on the streets if he posts bail. :/

Maybe he wasn't in the picture at the point the assaults happened...

This is probably where the finger pointing will begin. If he thought it was just a burglary, he was probably shocked when TS came out with a kid. Maybe DM thought it was a "hot prowl" burglary and TS had other things in mind?

NBC Los Angeles ‏@NBCLA 1m

MT @PatrickNBCLA: Criminal complaint for #Northridge abduction alleges Tobias Summers took girl from house, Daniel Summers drove getaway car

Pair charged in Northridge girl’s kidnapping:

3 dozen counts? Oh my God. Sweet precious girl.

Maybe he wasn't in the picture at the point the assaults happened...

I'll look into accessory charges too see what all is involved.
He took off for a reason, and didn't call authorities, and I guess we don't know who actually let her go...but seems like by not notifying the police and knowing what may be about to happen, still puts him at charge risk.

Patrick Healy ‏@PatrickNBCLA 26m
Judge will allow pool camera for arraignment of secondary #Northridge kidnap suspect Daniel Martinez. Expected at about 3:55pm pdt

"Martinez is accused of waiting outside in a car when Summers emerged from the house with the girl, and driving a short distance away."

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA5EA7BG2

From the above link:

Summers is charged with kidnapping a minor under age 14 and nearly three dozen counts of sexual assault.

[…]

The Los Angeles Times reported that law enforcement sources said the girl was sexually assaulted. Police officials would not confirm it but asked the media to not report information about "indignities" the girl may have suffered.

Since Summers has been charged with almost 3 dozen counts of sexual assault, it seems a little useless to 'not confirm' she was assaulted. Much as I'd like to protect her from speculation...

A 10-year-old girl was kidnapped from her Northridge bedroom at knife point by a burglar who then repeatedly sexually assaulted her during a 12-hour ordeal, according to charges prosecutors filed Wednesday.

Fugitive Tobias Dustin Summers, 32, who was charged in his absence, faces 36 sexual assault charges as well as kidnapping and first-degree burglary charges, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office said. If convicted, he faces multiple life terms in prison.

The felony complaint for the first time details a violent 12 hours for the girl, who vanished from her unlocked Northridge home in the middle of the night March 27. The 10-year-old was discovered missing at 3:40 a.m. by her mother after she heard a sound and went to investigate.

The girl was dropped off about 12 hours later in a Woodland Hills parking lot.

The complaint alleges that Summers broke into the home and used a knife to abduct the girl. He remains at large, and authorities have broadened their search to San Diego.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-northridge-girl-kidnapped-20130403,0,2677882.story

This is probably where the finger pointing will begin. If he thought it was just a burglary, he was probably shocked when TS came out with a kid. Maybe DM thought it was a "hot prowl" burglary and TS had other things in mind?

That's the impression I'm getting from the new accounts. This is likely Mendoza's account of what happened. The 'multiple vehicles' I think doesn't even refer to the car Mendoza was waiting outside the residence in--unless that car wasn't his to begin with, and he got out pretty quick:
"Authorities believe the girl was driven around the San Fernando Valley in a couple of cars and taken to at least two locations, including a storage facility, before she was released."

AND

"Martinez is accused of waiting outside in a car when Summers emerged from the house with the girl, and driving a short distance away."http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA5EA7BG2

O/T--Little excitement at the ranch today. Rattlesnake right off my back deck and I almost stepped on it. Long story short, snake is no longer with us. Living in the desert is always an adventure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back