Deceased/Not Found CA - Tom, 57, & Jackie Hawks, 47, Newport Beach, 14 Nov 2004 *Four guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No matter how many horrible crime stories are in the news everyday -- and there are an unbelievable amount -- I still cannot comprehend them, but especially inconceivable is the seeming casualness with which so many crimes are committed.

This 26-year-old guy and his pregnant wife read a newspaper ad about a boat for sale and then devised a plan to murder the owners after having them sign over power of attorney? Just like that? And they were able to handcuff two people to a 66-pound anchor and let them suffer with full consciousness of what was happening before they drowned? This just doesn't seem possible. And yet, as we all know, evil acts that we can't even imagine until we hear about them are committed everyday.

How tortured the murdered couple's family and friends must be, knowing what they went through before they died.

I also had not realized that this case was solved. It was a topic of discussion on the various news/crime shows for months.

I am bothered by the fact that this murderer, Skylar Deleon, presents himself as a "former child star". I looked him up on the Internet Movie Data Base (http://www.imdb.com/) which lists EVERYBODY who ever performed (or directed, wrote, etc) in a TV show or movie and I found nothing. According to one article he was an EXTRA in the old Power Rangers series. That is hardly what I would call a "former child star". I am wondering if he suffers from delusions of gradeur. Perhaps he thougt of himself as being more than what he was -- or deserving of more than what he had -- and he thought he needed a yacht to help create that illusion.

Cypros...I looked him up on IMDB, too, and i laughed when I could
not find a trace of him anywhere. You are correct, ANYONE who even
played the tiniest part in any show or movie is listed there, so since I
have acted on actual television, I guess I am more of a star than Skylar Deleon. LOL

As far as the crime, I did not read about it when the Hawks were missing.
It is SO insane that they would murder two people just to get their yacht.

How stupid were they to think that they would not get caught.

God bless the Hawks. May they rest in peace.

Tristan said:
Cypros...I looked him up on IMDB, too, and i laughed when I could
not find a trace of him anywhere. You are correct, ANYONE who even
played the tiniest part in any show or movie is listed there, so since I
have acted on actual television, I guess I am more of a star than Skylar Deleon. LOL.

LOL! I did extra work many years ago so I guess I can call myself a "former star", too! :woohoo:

This is OT, but Cypro, who are the children in your signature?

http://ocregister.com/ocr/2005/08/19/sections/news/news/article_641036.php

Defendant in case of missing Newport yacht owners faces new trouble.

By LARRY WELBORN
The Orange County Register

NEWPORT BEACH – A former child actor and ex-Marine, already accused of murdering a couple to steal their yacht, was charged Thursday with killing an Anaheim man while on a work furlough from the Seal Beach jail.

Skylar Julius Deleon is accused of killing Jon Peter Jarvi, 45, on Dec. 26, 2003.

The charge, filed late Thursday in the Harbor Justice Center in Newport Beach, alleges that Deleon and an accomplice committed the murder for financial gain, which could result in the death penalty.

Michael W. Lewis Jr., Deleon's cousin was arrested Thursday afternoon at his home in Oatman, Ariz., accused of being an accomplice.

And Deleon's wife, Jennifer Henderson-Deleon, was charged with being an accessory to murder after the fact. She is also a defendant in the presumed deaths on the yacht.

At the time of Jarvi's killing, Deleon spent his nights in the Seal Beach jail while serving a one-year term for burglary, but was allowed out during the day on a work furlough authorized by Orange County Superior Court Judge Roger Robbins.

While serving his burglary sentence, Deleon befriended Jarvi, a pilot who also made custom jewelry and was serving a four-month federal sentence for counterfeiting, said Orange County Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy.

Within days of his release from jail in December 2003, Jarvi had refinanced his Tustin condominium and pawned his van, producing $50,000 in cash, Murphy added.

On Dec. 26, 2003, while he was supposed to be working, Deleon paid $18,000 in cash to a Costa Mesa boat-repair yard to refit his 26-foot Sea Ray cabin cruiser, deposited about $21,000 in cash in a bank account, and paid $2,200 for a diamond ring from a Long Beach jeweler for his wife, according to police reports. Deleon is suspected of driving Jarvi to Mexico under the pretense of completing an easy-money business deal the next day.

Jarvi, who celebrated his 45th birthday a day earlier, died from loss of blood after his throat was slit. His body was found near the Mexican highway that leads to the Tecate border checkpoint.

Deleon's trail to Mexico on the day Jarvi died was traced by his cell-phone calls, police said. Deleon made several calls to his wife along the way, both before and after Jarvi was killed, according to police reports. The calls pinged off several transponders along the way, allowing detectives to track his route to and from Mexico.

Deleon returned late to the Seal Beach jail on the night Jarvi was killed, but was allowed in without incident by a civilian jailer hired by a private company that runs the "pay to serve" program, Murphy said.

That jailer, Alonso A. Machain, 25, of Pico Rivera, is a co-defendant with Deleon and several others in what authorities say was the kidnapping and murder of Thomas Hawks, 57, and his wife, Jackie, 47, in November.

more at link...............................

Wow, a real look at the mind of a criminal. What a story! Jail is NOT a safe place, duh, hmmm.

Wonder IF IF the jail is still allowing inmates to serve time as jailers, wonder who thought that brilliant one up?

One moral of the story is donut sell your own boat, pay the commission and have a dealer sell it for you. OR anything really valuable, you leave yourself open for criminal perps.

PrayersForMaura said:
this just makes me ill, the way they were thrown overboard like garbage. I hope the 5 involved get the ultimate punishment for their senseless crime.
I agree PrayersForMaura. I saw the son on TV long ago. I did not even know the case was solved. How horrible. I cannot even take this in either.

This is just sick.

Prayers for all the missing and may all who do evil get their DUE.

Gozgals.

Just plain horrid.

An Orange County man accused of murdering a couple to steal their yacht has been charged in another murder case.

The new complaint against Skylar Juluis Deleon was filed yesterday in Newport Beach. It claims that in 2003, he killed a man he met while both were serving time at the Seal Beach jail.
http://cbs2.com/localnews/localnewsla_story_231121835.html

Camper said:
One moral of the story is donut sell your own boat, pay the commission and have a dealer sell it for you. OR anything really valuable, you leave yourself open for criminal perps.

That's good advice, Camper.

2luvmy said:
This is OT, but Cypro, who are the children in your signature?

Hi 2luvmy. thanks for asking! The children I post is my siggy are Jordanian Bedouin. I live with them every summer while doing my fieldwork. The little girl posted here is named Badria. She is 4 years old in that picture but is now 15 and a real beauty! Her English is almost perfect and she is an excellent student and plans to go to college like her older sister.

Gee, I never let my kids watch Power Rangers, because I saw how it led to violence in young children. I guess I was right!

He must have had a computer in the converted garage he lived in:

Dive Instructor

25/06/2004

Posted On

Job Type
Job Wanted
Country--United States
Salary--Negotiable
Qualification--PADI Dive Instructor
Languages Needed--English Spanish
Experience--4yrs Marine Force Recon
Benefits
Email bajaskylar@yahoo.com
Description 24 Male California, graduate of Naval Amphibious Warfare Scholl

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:QSI28eesp_UJ:[url="http://www.scubadex.com/tools/Jobposted.cfm+bajaskylar&hl=en"]www.scubadex.com/tools/Jobposted.cfm+bajaskylar&hl=en[/url]

98 FordExpedition 4x4

Make: Ford

Year: 98

Model: Expedition 4x4

Fabricator: Long Beach Kustoms, Stout Fabricating, Dominator Motorsports

Owner: Skylar Deleon

This truck is not completly street legal I have a Specialy Constructed Vehicle Permit for it, I pay for on road registration and offroad. This truck is far from done. Its geared 5.11, custom rebuilt C6 transmission has a sound system thats just plain MAD w/ 2 12' MTX This truck is ready to Bump and Jump It will be ready for SCORE next year by the beginning of summer

[Details & Photos]

ID#:334; Date posted: Feb 27

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/readerz/atl.cgi?ct=2&md=viewadd&min=198&max=203&

An Orange County judge allowed Skylar Deleon to serve a one-year sentence at a private jail with days free to work at home even though Deleon had admitted using a gun during a burglary in Anaheim.

Deleon is now suspected of committing three murders, all during a period when prosecutors say he should have been in prison.

Seal Beach police now say they would have rejected Deleon's application for a work furlough if they were aware that he had used a gun, but there was no mention of the firearm in the state criminal database.

"Had I known that there was a weapon involved in the burglary, I probably would not have accepted him," Sgt. Jim Johnson said. "I would have said 'no.' "

It was during one of his work-furlough days on Dec. 27, 2003, that Deleon is suspected of killing an Anaheim man by slitting his throat. He is accused of then dumping the body on the side of a Mexican highway, according to charges filed Thursday.

Deleon, a former child actor and an ex-Marine, was still on probation when the Hawkses disappeared.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2005/08/20/sections/news/news/article_642661.php

Was wondering about this case today; here's an update:

http://www.tomandjackiehawks.com/news.htm

~snip~
Three Plead Not Guilty in Death of Cruising Couple
Thursday, September 15, 2005

By Marisa O'Neil

Three people, including a young married couple and a former gang member, pleaded not guilty last month to charges they killed a retired Newport Beach couple at sea in a scheme to steal their yacht and plunder their bank accounts.

Tom Hawks, 57, a retired Arizona probation officer, and his wife Jackie Hawks, 47, were living on their 55-foot Lien Hwa trawler, Well Deserved, in Newport Harbor when family members reported them missing in November. Authorities allege the Hawkses were incapacitated, bound, chained to an anchor and thrown overboard while still alive somewhere between Newport Beach and Catalina Island during what they thought was a sea trial with prospective buyers.

Their bodies have not been found.

Long Beach residents Skylar DeLeon, 26, and his wife, Jennifer Henderson-DeLeon, 24, and 40-year-old John Fitzgerald Kennedy pleaded not guilty August 30 in Orange County Superior Court to double murder charges. Two other suspects, Alonso Machain, 21, of Pico Rivera, and Myron Gardner, 42, of Long Beach, face a separate preliminary hearing scheduled for October 7.

~snip~

Thank you for the update, IdahoMom. This is such a sad case and all for money.

SewingDeb said:
Thank you for the update, IdahoMom. This is such a sad case and all for money.
Yes, it is. And the pathetic thing is the losers didn't even get to hold onto their ill-gotten gain. So they murdered 2 vibrant people for NOTHING!!

( I am not saying there is ever justification for killing someone unless it is to protect you or someone else in a perilous situation, or to carry out a death sentence)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65
Back