CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what the real reaction of the parents is. If are the type of people who have their noses in the air I'll bet they are mortified that this has come out into the public. So they are saying that their son was at home with them huh? How will LE prove otherwise? I hope the guy left something at the crime scene that they can trace back to him. The monster shouldn't even be breathing fresh air. I wonder if his parents are aware that Dean was their grandchild or if it would even matter to them.

I hope this guy's name becomes talked about all over town and that the papers start using it. I hope that everyone finds out that he is suspected of committing this horrible crime. I wonder if his parents are like Lee and Jackie Peterson? I get the feeling that they may be.

Great job Steve. I always look forward to reading what you have to say about the different cases. Glad that you recommended Debra. I think she is an excellant attorney and she isn't afraid to speak her mind and do what she has to do.

Wow. I got to see it last night. It was the lead story. And it was great seeing Dennis ugly *advertiser censored** face on the screen. It's about time. Dayna's hard work is starting to pay off.

Thank you Steve for posting the information that aired last night.

I got up last night and went to http://www.kfmb.com/index.html to see if they had a live feed of last night's news, but they didn't. I don't get San Diego channels here, all my news shows come from Los Angeles.

I found nothing current relating to this case, but they do have a video from October where Dayna is being interviewed (link below)

http://www.kfmb.com/features/crimefighters/story.php?id=67128

I think that we might see Nancy Grace finally run the story in the near future. I never did know for sure if she did before when she was supposed to. The attorney that Tori's family has retained, Debra Opri, appears on Nancy Grace frequently so hopefully she will jump onboard too.

I think that there is a family in Bonita,CA that is not having a very Merry Christmas.

Bobbisangel said:
I would love to know what the real reaction of the parents is. If are the type of people who have their noses in the air I'll bet they are mortified that this has come out into the public. So they are saying that their son was at home with them huh?
How will LE prove otherwise? I hope the guy left something at the crime scene that they can trace back to him.
If the crime scene evidence was handled properly I'm betting there is, such as DNA on the noose for example.

I wonder if his parents are aware that Dean was their grandchild or if it would even matter to them.
I'm guessing they of course knew all about it!

Tom'sGirl said:
I'm guessing they of course knew all about it!
Which, to me, explains why Dennis Potts is the way he is.
:banghead: :furious: :banghead:

God bless you, Dayna and family.

"Tori struggled with the overwhelming responsibility of raising Dean as a single parent, and the financial burden too. She was in the process of dealing with those costs via child support but for reasons I am not at liberty to discuss at this time, was unsuccessful."

http://crimeblog.us/?p=211

So there was some sort of action with Tori pursuing child support evidently. Hmmm, we have seen this as a motive in the past now have we not? His parents would surely have known that someone was pursuing their son for child support.

Tom'sGirl said:
Are you on the West Coast?

Yes I am.

Bobbiesangel you also deserve a hug for all that you have gone through with this case as well. For standing by an being a friend to Dayna as well as holding your son through all of the suspicion. I can't even imagine being accused of something I didn't do, especially as heinous as this.

While the holidays will never be the same for any one involved there is at least some light at the tunnel that they may be close to solving it. I pray that is true.

I imagine that they are keeping a pretty close eye on Dennis Potts......living so close to the border and all. :) I had a very strange feeling come over me when I went to the link provided by Shadow2005 (I think - - :eek: ) showing him partying with friends etc. And as you read some of the comments written by him and his friends on the website...I just had a strange feeling. Can't explain it.

Shadow205 said:
The news site is probably not going to get the video from last night up on their web site until Monday or Tuesday because of the holiday.

The news producer was nice enough to provide me with a link where it can be viewed. Thank you very much David of KFMB.

Thanks so much Shadow for the link..............it confirms that the name I found (Robt. L. Potts) is indeed the father of Dennis.

It listed his year of birth as 1939, and I thought perhaps it was his grandfather, but after viewing the video I see it's indeed Dennis' dad.

Thank you Shadow205 - While watching the video I saw how much that beautiful baby did look like Dennis Potts.

How can someone who is so ugly on the inside father and harm such a beautiful little baby who never stood a chance aginst him? I wonder if it came down to "If I can't have you no one is going to have you?" Or was it really something more sinister as what is being reported....he didn't want to pay child support? I can't even imagine.

And why hasn't he been arrested? I hope he is watching over his shoulder every minute of everyday and night. I can't even feel sorry for his parents at this moment. They are protecting him. As much as I may want to, I couldn't do that given the circumstances.

Dennis knew that if the baby lived he would still be responsible for him, especially financially. (Nothing like stating the obvious, right?) Selfish pig.

What a horrible thing to do to such a sweet little boy and a beautiful young woman.

Gidgette said:
And why hasn't he been arrested?
Debra Opri is one of the best, and she knows conclusive evidence is needed such as DNA, proof Dennis wasn't at home, and so forth.

Until all the ducks are in a row I don't see any charges coming forth...............but, I may wrong, and probably am as I'm no attorney.

Shadow205 said:
The news site is probably not going to get the video from last night up on their web site until Monday or Tuesday because of the holiday.

The news producer was nice enough to provide me with a link where it can be viewed. Thank you very much David of KFMB.

I wonder why my browser can't link to it. it says the server can't be found. :(

You are probably right Tom's Girl...I was never very good at patience but I am smart enough to know that they have to get it right too. Sure wouldn't want something to go down and have everything fall apart at this point.

I only watched the video one time but wasn't something mentioned that he didn't want his parents to know about Little Dean? How sad.

Gidgette said:
Thank you Shadow205 - While watching the video I saw how much that beautiful baby did look like Dennis Potts.

How can someone who is so ugly on the inside father and harm such a beautiful little baby who never stood a chance aginst him? I wonder if it came down to "If I can't have you no one is going to have you?" Or was it really something more sinister as what is being reported....he didn't want to pay child support? I can't even imagine.

And why hasn't he been arrested? I hope he is watching over his shoulder every minute of everyday and night. I can't even feel sorry for his parents at this moment. They are protecting him. As much as I may want to, I couldn't do that given the circumstances.
If you watch the video, a good deal of this is explained.

IF this man did this, he did some clever things before the crime that have made it difficult to snag him. I do have to re-emphasize he is not under arrest. He's been subject to a good deal of questioning, though.

And yes, I'm really glad Debra Opri took the case. She's been as good as I'd anticipated she might be when I thought to give her name to Dayna. My recommendation was based only on seeing Debra on Nancy's show, and I was struck by how this was one attorney who seemed to use a lot of common sense alongside her legal acumen. You can't say that about all attorneys you see on TV, but I think you can about Debra. For instance, Debra Opri won't always give that knee-jerk "defense attorney" view that Nancy tries to elicit so she can go bulldog prosecutor on a subject. If Debra is not the attorney of note, just doing commentary, I've noticed that she'll give considered and intelligent opinions that don't make me roll my eyes and think, "classic defense attorney, excuses for everything."

I knew that Dayna and Roy would need representation to be sure their interests were protected -- the families of victims often do get lawyers if a case drags out -- but other than giving names, I felt a little at sea when discussing this with Dayna, since I'm certainly not a lawyer myself. I also got Dayna in touch with Janet Pelasara (Taylor Behl's mom), and I think that was a good idea. Janet's been very busy promoting her book (Love You More: The Taylor Behl Story), but she still found time to call Dayna.

I've done an update on the blog entry, incidentally:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=284

I'm putting the KFMB video on YouTube, at least temporarily. I'll embed it in the blog entry when it's done.

Steve

Gidgette said:
You are probably right Tom's Girl...I was never very good at patience but I am smart enough to know that they have to get it right too. Sure wouldn't want something to go down and have everything fall apart at this point.

I only watched the video one time but wasn't something mentioned that he didn't want his parents to know about Little Dean?
How sad.
Yes, Dayna said "the family would be ruined".

The attorney for Dennis says "child support was not a worry, the family was well off and Dennis had a job."

Floh said:
I'm so sorry you can't link to it Floh.......bummer. Maybe if you go through Steve's site you will have better luck, just a thought.

Floh said:

Floh sometimes if mine plays this game with me - I copy and paste the link into my browser and it will work. Have you tried that?

Just a suggestion. My computer is goofing off today too so maybe its the season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13