CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also excited to see thsat there was a bump on this story. As I have been away from home for 3-1/2 weeks - and a computer - I came here first in hopes that something may have transpired during that time.

All I can add is that I certainly hope that whomever is responsible is watching over their shoulder and is very uncomfortable knowing that they are being followed 24/7.

I do fear though that as the LE grip tightens around this person - they don't take the easy way out. JMHO

Tori and Dean deserve far better as do all of their family and friends.

I was reading an article on Tori and Dean and about the funeral, and that they were buried together. (brought tears to my eyes) It got me wondering, was her ex at the funeral?

Waiting not so patiently. :mad:

I know that DP still logs into his Myspace account pretty much daily. I hate the fact that Myspace plugged the hole that used to let you into private accounts! Surely, LE has the rights to get in???? I sure as heck would demand access to what he is doing every day, 24/7, if I were on the case! I think about this case daily, and I look for any cracks in his armour frequently. Justice will eventually be served.

Wonderful page, that was so great of you to put together. I am fighting tears right now. Dean was such a gorgeous baby, his big eyes, he wanted to soak in the world. How anyone could wrap a noose around his neck to kill him is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

misterallgood said:
Something may be up, I just don't know. I probably will by Friday or Saturday. Thank you for bumping the thread up.

Steve/Mr. A.
Sure hope so Steve
icon4.gif

No real news but I can tell you that Tori's Mom had a good meeting with the investigators this week and was assured this case has not gone cold by any means and that it is being worked daily. I got the impression that she came out of that meeting with hope(something she was about to loose) that an arrest will be made, it's just going to take time.

She is away for the week visiting family and hopefully getting some much needed rest and a little relaxation.

Thanks for the update, Shadow. I'm glad her mom is hopeful again, I feel so sorry for her. Hopefully she'll have a wonderful, restful week with her family.

I've wondered about Tori and Dean and what is happening on their case. I thought an arrest would have already been made at it seems pretty clear who the killer is. I guess LE is making sure that they have a solid case before they make an arrest. How anyone could do that to a little baby is just beyond my comprehansion. That is one very sick person. Hope the arrest comes soon. I hate to think that that guy is going to get away with these senseless horrible murders.

Yes, things are going far too slow here with this case.

I recall reading Tori and Dean lived in a "gated community". Which leaves me with the following questions. Gated how? How do visitors get in? Was there someone at a gate to let people in? Did they have to buzz the resident? Enter some kind of code? No one saw someone coming to visit Tori and Dean after she called the sitter to say she would be there shortly but never arrived? Surely the locals, especially residents of the apartment community would have read up on the story and possibly remembered seeing someone who didn't belong. I often notice the cars of residents and their frequent visitors.......

Was Dennis's picture on the News or in the paper? Perhaps someone might recall seeing him around the complex at the time to tie him to the crime.

I also wonder about what physical evidence was found. Surely Tori was not overtaken without putting up some kind of fight.

I must admit, I worry about the SD police department at this stage of the game. I mean, come on....HOW LONG DO YOU NEED??? There HAS to be evidence. Let's bring justice to this case. NOW!!!

Cubby said:
Yes, things are going far too slow here with this case.

I recall reading Tori and Dean lived in a "gated community". Which leaves me with the following questions. Gated how? How do visitors get in? Was there someone at a gate to let people in? Did they have to buzz the resident? Enter some kind of code? No one saw someone coming to visit Tori and Dean after she called the sitter to say she would be there shortly but never arrived? Surely the locals, especially residents of the apartment community would have read up on the story and possibly remembered seeing someone who didn't belong. I often notice the cars of residents and their frequent visitors.......

Was Dennis's picture on the News or in the paper? Perhaps someone might recall seeing him around the complex at the time to tie him to the crime.

I also wonder about what physical evidence was found. Surely Tori was not overtaken without putting up some kind of fight.
No offence cubby, but you need to do a WHOLE LOT OF READING about this case!

The answers to all of your questions are here if you go BACK and read.

Tom'sGirl said:
No offence cubby, but you need to do a WHOLE LOT OF READING about this case!

The answers to all of your questions are here if you go BACK and read.
I've followed this both here and on Steve's blog. Maybe I missed a post detailing the gated community. Will look again....

Cubby said:
I've followed this both here and on Steve's blog. Maybe I missed a post detailing the gated community. Will look again....
There is no detailing about the gate at the parking entrance. It's like many other apartment complexs where you either use a card to gain entrance, or jump in behind another car entering................no guard, this was not an upscale complex! Most don't pay attention to who comes and goes, especially at night.

Tori was expecting Dennis that night!

Yes, photos of the suspected killer have been posted from his myspace page and the entire community is aware of this case.

You may want to read this link where it explains more:

• Police Question Father In Murder Of Mother And Baby

snips:
~Dennis Potts, 22, is a suspect in a horrific double murder of a young mother and her baby, Pott's attorney confirms.

~Tori was supposed to meet with Dennis Potts the night of the murders to tell him she was planning on going to court to make Potts pay child support for his son baby Dean.

~Meantime, the family of the victims has hired Beverly Hills attorney Debra Opri to represent their interests in the ongoing investigation.

http://www.kfmb.com/features/crimefighters/story.php?id=74778

The apartment does have a gate where you need an access # for the parking and to enter the actual apartment buildings. However, I went there and mearly followed someone in to the complex, then the door entering the apartment building was wide open... So much for security.. Tori would NEVER open her door to a stranger, this IS a fact. She knew the person coming into her apartment..

Tom'sGirl said:
There is no detailing about the gate at the parking entrance. It's like many other apartment complexs where you either use a card to gain entrance, or jump in behind another car entering................no guard, this was not an upscale complex! Most don't pay attention to who comes and goes, especially at night.

Tori was expecting Dennis that night!

Yes, photos of the suspected killer have been posted from his myspace page and the entire community is aware of this case.

You may want to read this link where it explains more:

• Police Question Father In Murder Of Mother And Baby

snips:
~Dennis Potts, 22, is a suspect in a horrific double murder of a young mother and her baby, Pott's attorney confirms.

~Tori was supposed to meet with Dennis Potts the night of the murders to tell him she was planning on going to court to make Potts pay child support for his son baby Dean.

~Meantime, the family of the victims has hired Beverly Hills attorney Debra Opri to represent their interests in the ongoing investigation.

http://www.kfmb.com/features/crimefighters/story.php?id=74778

Surely they have some type of DNA evidence linking this guy to these murders. I don't think SD is that backed up. Why haven't they arrested him yet?

Maybe they're waiting for him to confess?

I guess we get a little impatient sometimes. We can see it, but is it enough to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let's hope LE knows what they're doing here. With Opri on the victim's side, I have no doubt once she's got her feet on the ground here, she'll make LE get movin'!

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Surely they have some type of DNA evidence linking this guy to these murders. I don't think SD is that backed up. Why haven't they arrested him yet?
My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member