GUILTY CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indeed, thanks to everyone who keeps this case in the news. We MUST have justice for Tori and Dean. Looking at those pictures just breaks my heart all over again. I think of them every day. I go to a restraunt and see a cute little baby boy, and I think of Dean! I keep searching the web for stuff DP does.....someday he is going to slip up. The case will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, just dissolve into the wind as he had hoped. We are here, and we are not going anywhere.

Christine,
Is the woman with dark hair/blue eyes, former pros--Wendy Murphy? She has 6 or 7 children of her own, if I recall from the Laci Peterson days.

I wondered if it was Kimberly Guilfoyle? she has a little baby too, was an amazing prosecutor -- and absolutely covers and stays on these cases. she is on fox news channel

JBean: Pass on a link to the YouTube clip in which Dayna is interviewed as well. If they can say no, after hearing the pain in her voice.... I don't think they will say no. *has faith*
oh carp I wish I had seen this earlier.

oh carp I wish I had seen this earlier.

Write an addendum letter to the person, or call them and let them know you are also passing on an important link, which you forgot to do. Did you point them to this thread? If so, they'll find the video pretty quickly. :)

Thank you Windchime, the site is wonderful. I think about Tori and Dean everyday, and his big beautiful eyes. I pray there will be justice.

I'm waiting to see if LE will carry through with the press conference and if they do...what they will have to say. I want to know if they had the KNOT on the noose tested for DNA. There have been cases when the DNA from the man's hands ended up on the knot of the noose because tying the knot rubs against the fingers and leaves DNA. Were LE smart enough to have that knot tested? Probably not. They can still do it though and if they do I bet they will find Dennis Potts DNA on that knot. There sure isn't a good enough story that he could tell to get out of that.

I can't believe that people aren't just screaming because this case hasn't been solved. If all they focus on is baby Dean being hung with a noose that alone should just make people sick and then furious. What the heck is wrong with people anyway?

And why in the world are Dennis Potts parents covering for that jerk? He wasn't at home that night. How can his father look at himself in a mirror every morning knowing that his son murdered Tori and Dean? What kind of a man is he....like father like son? He should be telling his son to act like a man and turn himself in if he committed these crimes. Take a poly and do whatever he has to do to clear himself if he is innocent but don't cover for his kid if he is guilty. What this man and his son sow they will reap and it won't be pretty.

This case really needs to be kept on the front page of WS. As we all know the killer, Dennis Potts, of Tori and Dean hasn't been arrested yet and we don't want anyone to forget these two beautiful young people.

I just happened to view the video tonight of a reporter trying to talk to anyone at the Potts home that might be willing to speak about this case. The father is saying that Dennis was at home that night...aren't the sons always home that particular night with mama and daddy...but it seems to me that I read somewhere that it had been said that Dennis was at a friends or somewhere else that particular night! So what is it mom and dad...was he home with you or not? Let's work on keeping the story straight in order to cover your son's rear.

In the background as Mr. Potts is trying to put off the reporter Mrs. Hana Potts is screaming for her husband to close the door. I wonder if she was afraid that the neighbors might see a reporter at the door...God forbid.

I guess what amazes me is that little Dean is their grandson. Why aren't they concerned about who murdered that beautiful baby? It has been proven that he is their grandson. I would think Hana Potts would be screaming for answers and telling her son to get his butt down to the PD if he so much as layed a hand on that baby boy.

Instead what I see is two relatively wealthy people that are so afraid that someone might find out that their son is the father of a baby boy...and he wasn't married to the mother....for shame...that they are willing to go to any extreme to keep their name from getting soiled. God forbid..what would those politicians and wealthy friends of theirs think!!!! Wake up Mr. and Mrs. Potts. This is 2007 and there are a lot of babies born without mom and dad being married. Most fathers stand up like real men and take responsibility for their babies...they don't murder them. It sounds like you are more worried about your reputations then you are about your grandson who was murdered by being hung with a noose. Think about that...WITH A NOOSE!!!!!

The attorney for Dennis says that child support wouldn't have been a problem for Dennis as his parents have plenty of money. What...the attorney assumed that Mr. and Mrs. Potts were going to pay the monthly child support for a baby that they didn't even acknowledge? I don't think money was the worry for ole Dennis...I think he was afraid of mama and daddy finding out that he fathered a baby boy. What did he think they would do...cut off his inheritance or take away his birthday? How would it ruin Dennis if his parents found out about Dean? Maybe his parents were afraid it would ruin their elite standing in town :loser:

I guess it was alright with Hana Potts and her husband if Dennis had a web site advertising "The Hottest Girls On The Net" which is pretty darn close to *advertiser censored* and other things to me...but it wasn't alright for him to have fathered that beautiful little boy. Something is really wrong and twisted in the Potts family.

This case is going to be solved and Dennis Potts is going to be arrested and go to prison. It is just a matter of time. We will see to that. Tori and Dean didn't deserve to die by the hand of a wimpy 22 yr old mama and daddy's boy who resorted to murder rather then have his parents find out about baby Dean. It just makes me sick. So hold on to that high society reputation and all of your high class friends Hana Potts and hubby because in the end everyone is going to know that your son is not only a mama's boy but a cold blooded killer. Maybe it would have made more sense to just accept that the baby was your grandson and Dennis's son huh??????????

Yeah girl! Ditto on all you stated. We are anxiously waiting for the time of the news release on the 26th, from Dayna. Channel 8 news (cbs) will be covering it. There will also be a candelight vigil that evening. The location to be determined. Everyone that can attend would be appreciated. We all are a "Voice for Tori & Dean"!!

date Jul 23, 2007 8:51 PM
subject Media Advisory

As you all know Thursday July 26th will be the one year anniversary of the murders of Tori and Dean. It is a day we would prefer to walk through in private however as you all know there has been no arrest so privacy is a luxury we cannot afford.

The police have agreed to send out a press release the day before, which I have attached to this e-mail. We have been told on numerous occasions that it is next to impossible to bring a story back in the media if no new developments have occurred. We are hoping that by sending this press release out the media will show up for the one year anniversary and allow us the time to plead with the community especially those we are confident have information regarding this case to please come forward because it is the right thing to do. No one deserves to die the way Tori and Dean did and someone must be held accountable or someone's whatever the case may be.
We have no intention of going away, we will fight as long as it takes to find justice for our babies. The press conference on July 26th, is not to smear that animal in a public forum, we feel his arrogance will do that all on its own in a court of law. The press conference is to plead to those individuals that have information to come forward, and it is also so that nobody forgets what happened to Tori and Dean.
I can't stress this strongly enough, our babies are dead because our daughter was going to go to court for child support. That animal couldn't have that happen, it would ruin him. I cannot stress strongly enough, that this cannot continue to happen to our children as a means of getting out of paying child support or the responsibilities that come with having a child.

We are asking anybody who can make it on Thursday to please come and be a voice for Tori and Dean. The press conference will be held at police headquarters downtown at 1401 Broadway, 92101 at 10 a.m. there will also be a candlelit vigil that evening at Bonita Vista High at 8:30p.m. and we are inviting everyone to join us there also.

We look forward to seeing everyone Thursday.
Always,
Roy & Dayna Herroz

Media Advisory
Unsolved Double Homicide in San Diego of 22-year-old
Tori Vienneau and her 10-month-old son Dean Springstube

RELEASE DATE: July 25, 2007

Date: Thursday July 26, 2007
Time: 10:00 AM
Place: Police Headquarters - 1401 Broadway, San Diego
Event: PUBLIC PLEA TO COMMUNITY

On July 26th, 2006 homicide victim Tori Vienneau and her son Dean Springstube were found strangled in the apartment they shared with two other roommates in the 1400 block of 45th Street. The murders occurred between 5:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. and there were no signs of forced entry. Family members and friends have distributed over 10,000 flyers in addition to homicide detectives handing flyers out at the apartment complex hoping for assistance from neighbors, unfortunately, the case remains unsolved.

There is currently a $1,000 reward from Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for these murders. Tori and Dean’s family and friends will be there and available for interviews. The family is confident that there are some individuals out there that know something about these murders and would like to make a public plea for anyone with information to please come forward by calling Sergeant Dave Johnson @ 619-531-2276 or they can remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers @ 888-580-TIPS

I hope something encouraging comes from the press conference. If not, I think it is time for Dayna and Roy to take this case to another level. It will be a year tomorrow since Tori and baby Dean were murdered and no sign of an arrest even though I'm sure that LE know full well who murdered them. I'm hoping that they will get a petition going...wait a certain length of time and then send it to the gov asking him to have the Attorney General assign this case to someone else and do an inquiry as to why this case hasn't been solved by now. I believe that worked for Kara's family. I know I signed the petition and the signatures went up daily. Seems the Gov was going to speak to the Attorney General. I don't know why the FBI hasn't been involved in this case....a little baby was hanged in his crib. Shouldn't that be enough to involve them...a baby being involved?

I'm looking forward to hearing the press concerence and seeing what LE has to say...if they are doing this just to keep Roy and Dayna quiet or if they are serious about getting with it. I still believe that there should be DNA on the noose. It would rub off of your fingers while tying the knot. Where LE even smart enough to test that knot?

One year ago today.... My thoughts are with the family and friends of Tori & Dean today.

While I have never posted, I have followed this story from the beginning... To the family and friends: Tori & Dean will give you the strength that you need to get through this very emotional day. They are with you always helping you in your fight for justice. Love to you all!

They will not be forgotten, nor will the quest for Justice be given up. My thoughts and prayers are with all who knew and loved Tori and Dean today.

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the murders of Tori & Dean. One year later and a murderer, a monster, walks free. I have followed this case closely from the beginning and have never understood the lack of media coverage. I know for a fact that the information detailing this horrific crime has been distributed to local and national media sources time and time again. Why is the media turning their heads on this? Why are they turning their backs on Tori & Dean? I along with many others across the country will not give up the fight for justice and we will continue to be "A Voice For Tori & Dean."
http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?p=2698515#post2698515

There are many of us who remember Tori and Dean. I too have followed this case from the beginning and even attempted to get the MSM to do a piece on the case, to no avail.

Some day, some way, I have to believe there will be justice for these victims. I just don't understand why it's taking so long. IMO, it's obvious what happened here. I just don't understand what is taking so long for local LE to connect the dots.

Justice for Tori and Dean
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut