CA CA - Unidentified females in photos belonging to accused SK Horace Van Vaultz Jr

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Christine R. Smith bears a resemblance to this woman, imo.

21.jpg
christina_r._smith_1.jpg

Christina R. Smith – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since04/24/1984
  • Missing FromVenice, California
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth08/09/1964 (55)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 113 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Smith has a discoloration on her right shoulder.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in Venice, California on April 24, 1984. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in Smith's case. Los Angeles, California authorities are handling her investigation.

I have to add, I've been hooked on the disappearance of Johanna Catherine Brighton. She was a model/actress who disappeared in LA on Feb 25, 1981. She was a slender, red headed white women who was very beautiful. I have some kind of uneasy feeling that she may have met her untimely demise at the hands of Van Vaultz. He was apparently well known in the Hip Hop/Music industry in this area, which definitely makes a connection to the two. The only thing that doesn't match up is her photo to any that the police found in his home. I know we can only speculate that these photos are of potential victims, and there could be more, but it is still a barrier for me. She looks (imo) like a younger version of the women in the middle row all the way to the right. Although, cameras back in the day could be notorious for not being very clear/could cause distortion to facial features. Thoughts?

upload_2020-3-20_18-4-32.pngupload_2020-3-20_18-4-41.png

Surprisingly, there is a link to a silent film she was in which helps with seeing what she truly looked like from all angles.

I have to add, I've been hooked on the disappearance of Johanna Catherine Brighton. She was a model/actress who disappeared in LA on Feb 25, 1981. She was a slender, red headed white women who was very beautiful. I have some kind of uneasy feeling that she may have met her untimely demise at the hands of Van Vaultz. He was apparently well known in the Hip Hop/Music industry in this area, which definitely makes a connection to the two. The only thing that doesn't match up is her photo to any that the police found in his home. I know we can only speculate that these photos are of potential victims, and there could be more, but it is still a barrier for me. She looks (imo) like a younger version of the women in the middle row all the way to the right. Although, cameras back in the day could be notorious for not being very clear/could cause distortion to facial features. Thoughts?

View attachment 239492View attachment 239493

Surprisingly, there is a link to a silent film she was in which helps with seeing what she truly looked like from all angles.

This is her thread on WS CA - CA - Johanna Brighton, 38, Los Angeles, 25 Feb 1981 were you can't find information about her....at least what I could find....I still not see it....but who knows....

I tried to find a picture of Janna Rowe, I couldn't. Anybody? CRIME HUNTER: Do photos hold key to Cali serial killer case?
"And in 1988, he was acquitted in Ventura County of the sex slaying of Janna Rowe during the Christmas holidays in 1986. She was last seen at a motel and her body was dumped at a local dump several days later"

8.jpg

Dena Viola McHan – The Charley Project

dena_viola_mchan_1.jpg
dena_viola_mchan_3.jpg
dena_viola_mchan_2.jpg

I'm not convinced on this potential but I can't seem to ignore the visual similarities either. Is it possible Dena McHan is a younger version of Lady #11? I see it but don't at the same time. :confused:o_O Also, her circumstances tend to match in that she was last seen at a store. It loses my vote though when it mentions two men harassing her rather than just one.

I work the Dena McHan case and there are some inconsistencies in the information. Dena was not last seen at a gas station or being harassed by two men. That was reported in a newspaper from her father who obtained those details from a psychic. Those details change everything. I possess the paperwork of both the news article where that was stated and the psychic reading where that came from. Not saying the psychic is wrong just saying it is not a known fact.

I work the Dena McHan case and there are some inconsistencies in the information. Dena was not last seen at a gas station or being harassed by two men. That was reported in a newspaper from her father who obtained those details from a psychic. Those details change everything. I possess the paperwork of both the news article where that was stated and the psychic reading where that came from. Not saying the psychic is wrong just saying it is not a known fact.

Thanks. I like to stick to the facts. I see you found the active thread of Dena CA - CA - Dena McHan, 18, Stockton, 6 December 1981
What is your opinion on the Van Vaulz picture of the blond girl, suggested as being Dena?

Mystery Photos Found at Accused Serial Killer’s Home
''Now the photographs have presented a new mystery. Kay says the women shown have a similar appearance: young, Caucasian with light brown or blonde hair. Vaultz was a peripheral figure in the early days of LA’s hip hop music scene, and Kay says there are indications Vaultz’s access to large dance events and parties put him in contact with hundreds, if not thousands, of young women. ''
serial-killer-1.jpg

"I want to make sure that people see his picture, that they understand what he was doing back then, to see if we can get some resolution to some other families," Kay said.

There are numerous young women who vanished from Los Angeles during the same time period and were never found. There are other cases in which bodies have been found but it’s been impossible to collect DNA for comparison, he said.

"That’s my biggest concern. I don’t want to leave anyone behind who’s a victim," he said.

The Burbank Police Department has set up a hotline for anyone with information about the women in the photographs or Horace Van Vaultz. The number is (818) 238-3288.''

View attachment 237380View attachment 237381

The Doe Network: Mary Jill Adams - 2867DFCA

Mary was last seen on April 18, 1986, in West Hollywood, LA County, CA. She had been released from jail in Santa Ana, California on that date and never contacted family.

Mary was last seen on April 18, 1986, in West Hollywood, LA County, CA. She had been released from jail in Santa Ana, California on that date and never contacted family.

Wow, I see the similarity... sometimes I don't -but these pics look alike!!

Mystery Photos Found at Accused Serial Killer’s Home
''Now the photographs have presented a new mystery. Kay says the women shown have a similar appearance: young, Caucasian with light brown or blonde hair. Vaultz was a peripheral figure in the early days of LA’s hip hop music scene, and Kay says there are indications Vaultz’s access to large dance events and parties put him in contact with hundreds, if not thousands, of young women. ''
serial-killer-1.jpg

"I want to make sure that people see his picture, that they understand what he was doing back then, to see if we can get some resolution to some other families," Kay said.

There are numerous young women who vanished from Los Angeles during the same time period and were never found. There are other cases in which bodies have been found but it’s been impossible to collect DNA for comparison, he said.

"That’s my biggest concern. I don’t want to leave anyone behind who’s a victim," he said.

The Burbank Police Department has set up a hotline for anyone with information about the women in the photographs or Horace Van Vaultz. The number is (818) 238-3288.''

For convience. The pictures with numbers.

upload_2020-3-8_14-43-14-png.237188

Nr. 3 and 5 have come forward and are alive.

I didn't see any further updates (up to today) on the identification of this women or the trial.

April Pitzer does not have a “widows peak” forehead hairline. I really hope that April is found, her mom and daughters needs to know.

ADD NOTE: I was out on 4 of those searches for April & brought others with me. Just good-hearted concerned people & some off-duty USAF Security Forces troops. I provided a a friend who has a psychic gift to assist on this. We got stuff through her that was, shall we say, beyond explanation incl. a full body apparition of April & automatic writing that included a map which we could match to a topographical map of the Newberry Springs area. Crazy stuff!!

Last that I heard, April was found right where Gloria was told that she would be. I gave that same info, from a source close to the killer, to the SBSO detective on the case, Dave Van Norman in the SBCO Coroner's office & the FBI through USAF CID. FBI was invited in because there was something that didn't pass the smell test on SBSO's handling of this, IMHO.

Gloria didn't like the source of this info so she initially ignored it. Apparently, it sullied her (reportedly) meth head daughter's image. If you look at the later pics of April, she showed the deterioration common with the use of that garbage.

I got the info that I had when I ran into the right-wrong person who told me the whole story. That same person also made a phone call to another person to verify what they'd told me. The conversation went something like this: "Hey -------, this is ------. I'm on a friend's phone. Is that pile of bones still laying out by the well? It is? Ok, thanks". That "pile of bones" was reportedly April, sans head. Reportedly, her killed had beheaded her. He reportedly showed her head around town as a warning to others. After that, it was reportedly placed on a stake outside of town off of Troy Road. With that ratification & a hand-written description of events, along with the witness info, I packaged it off to LE. A few years after the fact, I heard a complaint from Gloria that "The bones didn't look like ------ said that they would". The long & short of it from my source is "don't steal meth from your dealer"

ADD NOTE: I was out on 4 of those searches for April & brought others with me. Just good-hearted concerned people & some off-duty USAF Security Forces troops. I provided a a friend who has a psychic gift to assist on this. We got stuff through her that was, shall we say, beyond explanation incl. a full body apparition of April & automatic writing that included a map which we could match to a topographical map of the Newberry Springs area. Crazy stuff!!

Last that I heard, April was found right where Gloria was told that she would be. I gave that same info, from a source close to the killer, to the SBSO detective on the case, Dave Van Norman in the SBCO Coroner's office & the FBI through USAF CID. FBI was invited in because there was something that didn't pass the smell test on SBSO's handling of this, IMHO.

Gloria didn't like the source of this info so she initially ignored it. Apparently, it sullied her (reportedly) meth head daughter's image. If you look at the later pics of April, she showed the deterioration common with the use of that garbage.

I got the info that I had when I ran into the right-wrong person who told me the whole story. That same person also made a phone call to another person to verify what they'd told me. The conversation went something like this: "Hey -------, this is ------. I'm on a friend's phone. Is that pile of bones still laying out by the well? It is? Ok, thanks". That "pile of bones" was reportedly April, sans head. Reportedly, her killed had beheaded her. He reportedly showed her head around town as a warning to others. After that, it was reportedly placed on a stake outside of town off of Troy Road. With that ratification & a hand-written description of events, along with the witness info, I packaged it off to LE. A few years after the fact, I heard a complaint from Gloria that "The bones didn't look like ------ said that they would". The long & short of it from my source is "don't steal meth from your dealer"

Hi and welcome. I'm confused...what did they do with this information? My guess is they examined the remains? April is still listed in Namus as a missing person, so what went wrong?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

April 2021

https://www.turnto23.com/news/crime...gs-in-la-countys-first-genetic-genealogy-case

(KERO) — Decades after the slayings of two women, a Bakersfield man will face a jury in Los Angeles County's first investigative genetic genealogy case, the LA District Attorney's Office announced.

Vaultz is due back in court on April 16 for his arraignment. He faces the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted as charged. A decision on whether to seek capital punishment will be made at a later date.

The investigators working the case Vaultz is currently charged with are hoping to find out if he could be linked to other unsolved crimes throughout the state.

It's been almost two years now since the pictures found in the possession of Vaultz were published. He wouldn't say anything about them at the time. If it were girlfriends, wives.....no need to not telling, unless......I don't understand why there isn't an update about the pictures. Is LE still searching or do they know who they are and don't want to jeopardize the investigation? I don't need names, but it would be nice if they published an updated overview of who is still unidentified.

There were a lot of serial killers who had numerous pictures of women in their possession....the Grim Sleeper, Naso, Alcala f.i. LE asked for help and published them, years and years ago....but in lot of the cases it's still not clear who was identified, death or alive....and the pictures keep on popping up all over the internet without any update. Very frustrating......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back