Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat I am thinking they looked in the dumpster early on but it was not as filled as it was yesterday so was easy to see what was in it. Early on there were so many searchers including TES, I can't imagine that the dumpster was not searched early on.

On the media links for today 27 FEB.

The first article states that "Investigators Waited 17 Days to Fully Search Dumpster Near Haleigh's Home"

I believe I'm speechless. 17 days to fully search a dumpster that is very close to a missing child's home.

"Fully search", hmm guess they just glanced in last time. :furious: Ok I'm gonna say it....What in the hell is going on in Putnam County. We all saw the way they did search it....and most of us were shocked! I really think they need someone from outside to come in and take over this case. Sorry...but I do.

I think they searched it now real good since 3 cadaver dogs hit on it. If the cadaver dogs are trained to smell death, do they just smell human death? If so, someone dead was in the dumpster at one point, maybe not related to this case..

Nevermind, i just read next door post that cadaver dogs are just trained for human death smells.

On the media links for today 27 FEB.

The first article states that "Investigators Waited 17 Days to Fully Search Dumpster Near Haleigh's Home"

I believe I'm speechless. 17 days to fully search a dumpster that is very close to a missing child's home.

I'm just gonna ditto this if ya don't mind.

Well regardless of the fact that nothing was found THREE Cadaver dogs hit on that dumpster so I am sure hoping that LE intends to begin digging a little deeper into this today. If a home is being renovated and parts of the garbage were in contact with a dead body......................you get the picture. The fact that they found nothing doesn't mean anything at this point other than LE needs to investigate further!

I agree with this poster. The dogs seem to have hit on something, please LE, continue to investigate the reason why! It could be just as the poster said and something inside the dumpster was in contact with decomp. If it had been just one dog...well then okay, but am I understanding correctly that 3 different dogs hit on the same spot?

"Fully search", hmm guess they just glanced in last time. :furious: Ok I'm gonna say it....What in the hell is going on in Putnam County. We all saw the way they did search it....and most of us were shocked! I really think they need someone from outside to come in and take over this case. Sorry...but I do.

Isn't the FBI still there?

Yes elle it was reported that three cadaver dogs alerted on the same spot.

I'm not ready to throw LE under the bus on the dumpster search. There was so much misreporting yesterday by the news outlets. Reporters ASSUME things then report them as fact. I would bet that dumpster had been searched before and a reporter just didn't see it so they "think" it never happened. TES would have never missed that either.

I think they searched it now real good since 3 cadaver dogs hit on it. If the cadaver dogs are trained to smell death, do they just smell human death? If so, someone dead was in the dumpster at one point, maybe not related to this case..
Yes. Dogs properly trained do not hit on animal remains.

Because of the way LE was searching, I am not convinced it was a "real" search. Even small town cops know how important it is to preserve the integrity of a possible crime scene and if FDLE and FBI are still there, they would not have allowed a "real" search to be conducted in that manner. JMO

I think they will do more searching today also
I just knew last night they had found something
woke up this morning and heard they didn't find
anything hope something will come up today

Oh, thank God. I was dreading even logging on today. I didn't turn on the TV, or any of the news streams online. I even emptied all 5000 pieces of email, and then came here.
If she was in that dumpster, I didn't want to know.
Apparently, resolution is not all it's cracked up to be.

And by the way, with the way the FL LE seems to handle things, remind me to stay out of FL, I'd hate to go missing there.

I'm not ready to throw LE under the bus on the dumpster search. There was so much misreporting yesterday by the news outlets. Reporters ASSUME things then report them as fact. I would bet that dumpster had been searched before and a reporter just didn't see it so they "think" it never happened. TES would have never missed that either.

I'm not "throwing them under the bus" for the dumpster search. There were questions about their actions before that. This whole thing is strange. Maybe they are just in over their heads, IDK...but I see hink. JMO

Yes. Dogs properly trained do not hit on animal remains.

Agreed, 3 hits from 3 different dogs is significant to human decomp.
However, I understand that they will prob hit on 4 out of 5 dumpsters. They are very popular among criminals unfortunately.

I'm not "throwing them under the bus" for the dumpster search. There were questions about their actions before that. This whole thing is strange. Maybe they are just in over their heads, IDK...but I see hink. JMO

Is the FBI still in this case? The local LE must be getting some direction from somewhere. (I hope anyway)

I hope so...and if they are they need to be running the show.

:clap::clap:
Motion seconded.

ETA: Yes, I know, originally I supported LE in their handling of this case...now my confidence is wavering.

Well...allow me then! I believe it is very safe to assume that LE did not search the dumpster before yesterday. Either there were no dogs in the area of the dumpster earlier or they did not alert on it for some reason. It has been reported the dumpster had not been dumped since she went missing. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus