Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have 3 dogs hit on a dumpster why wouldnt you haul out of there and process it at the lab? Why would they be climbing in possibly stepping on and destroying evidence, tossing bags out on the ground, bring in a backhoe. It seems to me they broke every preservation of a crime scene rule in the book. And then start tearing opening bags on the ground in full view of spectators and possible family members. Something is just not right. It was like they were trying to "make a scene." Maybe get reactions from family members...I dont know...but something just isnt right with that whole episode. JMO

:clap::clap::clap:

Good evening everyone...

It appeared to be a lot of yard debris so someone could have cut themselves clearing out their yard which would leave decomposing blood for the dogs to smell. Also crime scene tape was pulled out of the dumpster at what appeared to be midway through...assuming this crime tape was from the same roll used for Haleigh's house that means the dumpster wasn't full when Haleigh disappeared and the intitial search of the area took place with the other dogs. I don't know what all of that means...just thinking out loud...

Yes Kelly and the a/c guy. We have a teenage girl that has been interviewed so many times that I've lost count. But we have the Mother of the child who just today gave DNA?

So tell me what's wrong because as I've said before I have the utmost respect for LE. However, LE in satsuma seems to be bass-akwards. Just my two cents.

I heard one reporter on JVM say that LE intended to get DNA from Crystal early on, but just didn't get around it. She had a doctor's appointment today, and they came and got it there. She returned to the tent site later on and was sitting outside Ron's trailer with other family members watching the detectives at the "crime scene." IF it is a crime scene, we don't know.
I believe earlier reports of her missing was a mistake, just bad reporting, because she probably is not around there 24/7 like Ron and his family is... she lives nearly 2 hours away... probably goes home occasionally and is not always around when LE comes to talk to them.

I am confused on the cadaver dog thing works...if they can signal / pick up at the scent of a bandaid then how can they ever focus and positively identify real remains when there has to be a gazillion false things for them to pick up on. I'm sorry, I know that probably doesn't make any sense.

I am confused on the cadaver dog thing works...if they can signal / pick up at the scent of a bandaid then how can they ever focus and positively identify real remains when there has to be a gazillion false things for them to pick up on. I'm sorry, I know that probably doesn't make any sense.

Cadaver dogs are specifically trained to pick up ONLY the smell of human decomposition. They should not alert to blood. Decomposition fluids are specific chemicals released ONLY when an organism ceases to function and begins to decompose.

There can be false positives and false negatives, although their rate is very good.

New here, but I have experience relating to DNA identification. The mitochondrial DNA is passed from mother to their offspring, which is why the dad's dna might not suffice in certain situations. It is valuable when a direct comparison cannot be made. If there is not a sample from the child, the mDNA can say if someone was the offspring of a certain mother.

New here, but I have experience relating to DNA identification. The mitochondrial DNA is passed from mother to their offspring, which is why the dad's dna might not suffice in certain situations. It is valuable when a direct comparison cannot be made. If there is not a sample from the child, the mDNA can say if someone was the offspring of a certain mother.

They did say they've been meaning to get her DNA but never got around to doing it, but with the cadaver dogs picking up something today it would make sense that they would want to get the sample from her asap. Especially given the time frame since Haleigh disappeared.

That's a great point. Welcome... I'm new too.

Good evening everyone...

It appeared to be a lot of yard debris so someone could have cut themselves clearing out their yard which would leave decomposing blood for the dogs to smell. Also crime scene tape was pulled out of the dumpster at what appeared to be midway through...assuming this crime tape was from the same roll used for Haleigh's house that means the dumpster wasn't full when Haleigh disappeared and the initial search of the area took place with the other dogs. I don't know what all of that means...just thinking out loud...

Blood does not decompose. Blood is made up of mainly red blood cells and water. Blood released from the body of a live person (or dead person for that matter) does not produce decomposition fluids.

Decomp fluids are a result of the body shutting down, ceasing to properly function, and the organelles that contain acidic juices in a live person, lyse (burst) spilling out these fluids into tissue cells which essentially rot the body. The body breaks down into its chemical components for recycling.

Cadaver dogs are specifically trained to pick up ONLY the smell of human decomposition. They should not alert to blood. Decomposition fluids are specific chemicals released ONLY when an organism ceases to function and begins to decompose.

There can be false positives and false negatives, although their rate is very good.

Well the "expert" on the news said that they could pick up anything with blood on it...he gave the bandaid example. He also said that part of the final certification testing is to try to fool them with a decomposing animal.

Another thing that I just thought of was that it was reported that LE told the family to stay at their tents and not come near the dumpster area that they(LE) would update them on the situation. If nothing was found there then why would this be reported? I think they found her and are keeping it under close wraps. JMO

Blood does not decompose. Blood is made up of mainly red blood cells and water. Blood released from the body of a live person (or dead person for that matter) does not produce decomposition fluids.

Decomp fluids are a result of the body shutting down, ceasing to properly function, and the organelles that contain acidic juices in a live person, lyse (burst) spilling out these fluids into tissue cells which essentially rot the body. The body breaks down into its chemical components for recycling.

Sorry for misusing "decomposing"...I may not sleep well after that detailed explanation but I did ask for it :):):):):)

Last I saw it looked like they were loading up the dumpster...... I had to leave for a bit.... can someone give me a quickie update? pretty please ;)

Melly, I have read Shawn's story. I am so sorry for what happened. You will find much love and support here. What a handsome man, I am terribly sorry for your loss, but I can assure you that you are among friends here. Sincerely, Kelly

So can they bring in the scent dogs to see if Haleigh's scent will be at the dumpster since the cadaver dogs hit?

From what the cadaver dog handler said tonight, no. She said live humans all have different scents and when we die we all smell the same, to dogs anyway.

Well the "expert" on the news said that they could pick up anything with blood on it...he gave the bandaid example. He also said that part of the final certification testing is to try to fool them with a decomposing animal.

I was told it could be aged blood,also,but I've heard different opinions on the news today,some experts said it could,some said it couldn't.So,I guess we just have to say maybe or maybe not.

Yeah, I heard that on the news too while half listening. That is so frustrating. It just isn't true. Of course, there are dogs trained to sniff out blood, which is different. I mean, shoot...if they were sniffing for blood...every dumpster in the city would be suspect.

It seems like every large case we have this same debate due to these "experts". And defense attorneys always try to discredit the dogs by claiming the dogs just smelled blood from a prior nosebleed or accidental cut or something.

Another thing that I just thought of was that it was reported that LE told the family to stay at their tents and not come near the dumpster area that they(LE) would update them on the situation. If nothing was found there then why would this be reported? I think they found her and are keeping it under close wraps. JMO

you would have thought they would have moved it to a more secluded location before uloading it. They could have had a truck come remove it without any police around and no one would have thought anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus